Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Locked
User avatar
lefthandedism
inveterate introvert
inveterate introvert
Posts: 1401
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: New England

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by lefthandedism » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:02 pm

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."



Amiaw
emo goose
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:55 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by Amiaw » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:21 pm

Okay so we know a move up North is out :lol:

I’m so glad we got another video and it’s personal!

blahblahblah8
living flop
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:47 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by blahblahblah8 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:27 pm

Loved the new video but I wonder why Phil changed his background without any explanation. But I like this one more! The other had more going on but I like this simpler set up and this one seems less squished. Phil is such a good story teller, I laughed out loud at the brick part

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 5953
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by alittledizzy » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:32 pm

blahblahblah8 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:27 pm Loved the new video but I wonder why Phil changed his background without any explanation. But I like this one more! The other had more going on but I like this simpler set up and this one seems less squished. Phil is such a good story teller, I laughed out loud at the brick part
re: background

:tinfoil:

But the video itself - oh, Phil. I enjoyed that so much. I need to watch it again when I'm not distracted by work but it was just a pleasant little chunk of ten minutes.

casualsun
dank meme
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:42 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by casualsun » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:38 pm

Loved the video! It was so wholesome and I loved getting more insight into his life. I would be totally down for him to do another with his university or Manchester; university Phil stories are always hilarious and Manchester insight would be interesting — I wonder if he would try not to bring Dan up too much, though?

User avatar
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious
Posts: 1560
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:18 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by rizzo » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:50 pm

things to think about: "i don't think i could move back up north, but there are some qualities about it that i did love."

mmmm. mmmhmmmm. yes. forever home with greenery. got it.

User avatar
inanerat
sofa crease
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:27 am
Pronouns: he/she/they

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by inanerat » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:32 pm

That was a fun video! Apparently all I need to do is gripe on IDB and my prayers will be answered lmao. It was nice to hear Phil's fun little stories, and little details to stories or other things he's mentioned before (school bus, awkward prom dance, rich kids with the mini, ice cream van, friend with the sega, etc). Isn't that forest from the porn story the one in that old murder mystery film of Phil's? Didn't they fight on that hill? My brain remembers strange things. My favourite was the football over the fence, because I feel like we've all had a similar moment to that, it's a very relatable childhood experience.

I would be very happy to see more of this, especially of his University times, it's like a virtual city tour with Phil telling little fun stories from his life. I really enjoyed the Uni stories in the awkward closeted stories video and others like the never have I ever video. I would love to hear more of the shenanigans Uni Phil got up to.

Re: background, I don't love it personally, that green vase thing is weird and it's a bit sparse imo, but it was a very smooth way to work in the displate spon. Phil's other background does feel a bit squished, I think just because that room is so small. The actual background I quite like, although it is kind of a lot, but it's very Phil.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:

User avatar
inanerat
sofa crease
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:27 am
Pronouns: he/she/they

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by inanerat » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:45 pm

Ok, not sure about the forest/field, but here's some more northern valley nostalgia for you if you want to revisit:
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:

User avatar
daichii
rainbow nerd
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:49 am
Pronouns: she | her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by daichii » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:20 pm

What a great day for content! I looooved the stream and him playing among us, honestly i think he would make a great twitch streamer and it could be a great career back up since his channel is quite low in views. Ive watched all of phils vids this year and for some reason this is the first time I've noticed how low the views are compared to when i found them in 2015, it was a huge shock ngl and it made me think we're kinda close to him leaving youtube (having in mind the few that have quit already) :cry: i hope I'm wrong tho, I'm not that invested in either of them anymore but watching his vids has always managed to cheer me up
Image

User avatar
inanerat
sofa crease
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:27 am
Pronouns: he/she/they

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by inanerat » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:35 pm

daichii wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:20 pm What a great day for content! I looooved the stream and him playing among us, honestly i think he would make a great twitch streamer and it could be a great career back up since his channel is quite low in views. Ive watched all of phils vids this year and for some reason this is the first time I've noticed how low the views are compared to when i found them in 2015, it was a huge shock ngl and it made me think we're kinda close to him leaving youtube (having in mind the few that have quit already) :cry: i hope I'm wrong tho, I'm not that invested in either of them anymore but watching his vids has always managed to cheer me up
Big agree that I would enjoy it if Phil did twitch, for gaming or just chatting. Drop younow smh. (although the one feature I like of younow that I'm not sure exists for twitch streamers is how premium messages don't get charged unless they're accepted/read out) Actually, now that I think about it after our conversation on what we would like to see if joint content was on the table, I feel like chill gaming streams on twitch could be a fun way to have joint content, gaming, and less pressure perhaps than filming an actual video. (but they could also record the vods and upload them to dnpg for people that wanted to watch back, plenty of youtubers that have mostly moved onto twitch do that).

I'm not an analytics person, but I would be really curious to see Phil's views over the years in comparison with other bigger youtubers. Maybe I'm just old and have stuck with people for a long time as they've come and gone from the limelight and I just don't watch the real popular channels anymore, but most of the people I watch (and have for many years) experienced a peak like 2014-16ish, and have kind of all tapered off from there. Many of them are still going, but get less views and have a smaller, but probably more tightly knit community. Which honestly, I could see being a lot nicer, as long as they're still able to make enough for a living. I'm just curious if Phil's sort of trend is common across the platform.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:

User avatar
shan
squish
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:00 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by shan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:57 am

inanerat wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:35 pm
I'm not an analytics person, but I would be really curious to see Phil's views over the years in comparison with other bigger youtubers. Maybe I'm just old and have stuck with people for a long time as they've come and gone from the limelight and I just don't watch the real popular channels anymore, but most of the people I watch (and have for many years) experienced a peak like 2014-16ish, and have kind of all tapered off from there. Many of them are still going, but get less views and have a smaller, but probably more tightly knit community. Which honestly, I could see being a lot nicer, as long as they're still able to make enough for a living. I'm just curious if Phil's sort of trend is common across the platform.
I've noticed this as well and I think, comparative to other 'big youtubers' of that time, Phil's views have held up pretty well. I used to be obsessed with Grace Helbig during the Daily Grace/My Damn Channel years and I was checking out her channel the other day. She's still making relatively consistent content with views in the tens of thousands for a regular video and less than 10,000 for podcast vids. She's still making a viable career out of it and getting sponsorships etc. so I don't think Phil will be at the point of needing an alternate career anytime soon. Same with Tyler Oakley, he has nearly double the subscribers Phil does but a significant number of his videos don't make it over 100k views these days.

User avatar
liola
full-time internet hobo
Posts: 1572
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Italy

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by liola » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:20 am

I did a post of comparing views like one or two years ago and can't find it but Phil's views are fine, they've held up quite nicely for a channel that has been around more than 13 years, especially considering he doesn't have a specific theme to his channel and it's more vloggy style, which was quite the thing a few years back but now it really isn't. He might get less views but he does get a lot of engagement which is always a good thing, and he seems to be a safe pick for brands when they're looking for a big name to sponsor, and he does get quite a lot of them (sure, not as much as some channels who get one or twice per video but that is tech channels which work differently).

I think Phil's main problem actually is that he doesn't have a consistent schedule, and I don't mean "this specific day at this specific time" although that would sure help him out with the algorithm pushing his videos out, but more like.. sometimes he posts once a week and sometimes it's twice a month, sometime it's early evening and sometimes it's after dinner, sometimes it's once in a month - it's confusing and there's no warning and if your notification don't work as well and youtube doesn't push the video out, most people will miss it. And obviously, there's the video itself - a lot of the videos he does are about personal things, which as huge fans we love but more casual people might not be interested in and random viewers definitely wouldn't unless the title sound appealing.

So basically... considering all of this, man his channel is holding up more than fine.

Speaking of the video, it was a nice one to have on background, and I loved the small anecdotes he sprinkled in, but I still want videos about things that happened AFTER university Phil please. PLEASE. I couldn't watch the entire stream on twitch but from what I could watch it was really enjoyable, and I think Phil would be a great streamer tbh he's got that random humor of no filters that is really fun to watch with gameplay underneath
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 5953
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by alittledizzy » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:11 pm

I think the type of viewership Phil has also makes him pretty valuable, right? I mean, he's already pulling a paycheck with half the videos they post because they're sponsored, and I am sure in terms of company sponsorships a proven conversion rate makes him worth his weight in gold... and if phandom is anything, it's loyal with their money. 400k viewers with ten percent being willing to buy whatever he's endorsing is worth more than a million views that don't convert to sales on that end.

Anyway, Dan's still alive! Woo!
And because I'm predictable, my favorite reply so far:

User avatar
Katka
stress mushroom
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:22 pm
Pronouns: they/she
Location: Northern Europe

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by Katka » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:24 pm

I loved Phil's video so much, this is my favourite type of video from him. Just anecdotes from his life basically. Because he's had an interesting youth but also because he's such a great comedic storyteller.

I'm from a small town too and I also have a "I did not break that wall" story, only mine involves a hay cart rolling backwards down a hill. Is this a universial small town experience, who knows, but Phil's video made me remember this happened.

User avatar
inanerat
sofa crease
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:27 am
Pronouns: he/she/they

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by inanerat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:39 pm

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:11 pm I think the type of viewership Phil has also makes him pretty valuable, right? I mean, he's already pulling a paycheck with half the videos they post because they're sponsored, and I am sure in terms of company sponsorships a proven conversion rate makes him worth his weight in gold... and if phandom is anything, it's loyal with their money. 400k viewers with ten percent being willing to buy whatever he's endorsing is worth more than a million views that don't convert to sales on that end.
I'd be super curious to know what his follow-through numbers are with spons. I guess I'd never even considered that they would be that high but maybe that's just because I tend not to be super interested in actually buying any of the things (not including merch, but I am particular about that too). Out of curiosity (and avoiding other things I probably should be doing, but shhh) here's a list of recent (2019-20) spons Phil has done, excluding his own merch. (newest to oldest)

- Displate (repeat spon)
- Disney Plus Marvel (instagram)
- Square Enix FF7 Remake
- Displate
- Nord VPN
- EA Jedi Fallen Order (instagram)
- Warner Bros. Dr. Sleep
- Nintendo Pokémon cards
- Honey (repeat spon)
- Others I may have missed, soz

Honestly, looking at the list now, they're all quite good and fairly well suited to his audience. Maybe I'm just not the most responsive to advertising. I'm stingy and don't tend to like big-name games and movies. And, while I don't usually follow through on things like these, I guess I am more likely to think of them in the future so maybe it's somewhat successful advertising? Just not in a very trackable way. I do sometimes click on the affiliate links out of curiosity, but basically never with the intention of actually buying something. The only one from the list that actually turned my head was the NordVPN one, because that's something I would actually potentially use, but I don't need right now so I didn't bite. Also I follow enough gaming streamers that get deals with NordVPN often enough that if I decided I needed it and wanted a deal I'd just wait around for one of them to get a spon.

I really have no idea where I'm going with this, other than I would find it fascinating to know how successful his spons actually are, numbers-wise. Also, a question someone on here might have the answer to that I don't know: How exactly do most spon deals work? Is there a flat rate? Is it based on engagement? Including click-through interest or just actual sales? A combination of all of those things??
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:

Megancita75
rainbow nerd
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:43 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by Megancita75 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:23 pm

Yeah, the business side of spons is interested to me too. Almost every YouTuber I watch does them, and maybe once I've signed up for a trial of something like SkillShare or a HelloFresh trial but otherwise I never do anything from them. In general they don't bother me but that's because I don't want to pay for YouTube premium.

User avatar
shan
squish
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:00 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by shan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:06 am

inanerat wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:39 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:11 pm I think the type of viewership Phil has also makes him pretty valuable, right? I mean, he's already pulling a paycheck with half the videos they post because they're sponsored, and I am sure in terms of company sponsorships a proven conversion rate makes him worth his weight in gold... and if phandom is anything, it's loyal with their money. 400k viewers with ten percent being willing to buy whatever he's endorsing is worth more than a million views that don't convert to sales on that end.
I'd be super curious to know what his follow-through numbers are with spons. I guess I'd never even considered that they would be that high but maybe that's just because I tend not to be super interested in actually buying any of the things (not including merch, but I am particular about that too). Out of curiosity (and avoiding other things I probably should be doing, but shhh) here's a list of recent (2019-20) spons Phil has done, excluding his own merch. (newest to oldest)

- Displate (repeat spon)
- Disney Plus Marvel (instagram)
- Square Enix FF7 Remake
- Displate
- Nord VPN
- EA Jedi Fallen Order (instagram)
- Warner Bros. Dr. Sleep
- Nintendo Pokémon cards
- Honey (repeat spon)
- Others I may have missed, soz

Honestly, looking at the list now, they're all quite good and fairly well suited to his audience. Maybe I'm just not the most responsive to advertising. I'm stingy and don't tend to like big-name games and movies. And, while I don't usually follow through on things like these, I guess I am more likely to think of them in the future so maybe it's somewhat successful advertising? Just not in a very trackable way. I do sometimes click on the affiliate links out of curiosity, but basically never with the intention of actually buying something. The only one from the list that actually turned my head was the NordVPN one, because that's something I would actually potentially use, but I don't need right now so I didn't bite. Also I follow enough gaming streamers that get deals with NordVPN often enough that if I decided I needed it and wanted a deal I'd just wait around for one of them to get a spon.

I really have no idea where I'm going with this, other than I would find it fascinating to know how successful his spons actually are, numbers-wise. Also, a question someone on here might have the answer to that I don't know: How exactly do most spon deals work? Is there a flat rate? Is it based on engagement? Including click-through interest or just actual sales? A combination of all of those things??
My assumption has always been that they get a flat rate for talking about it plus a commission on any sales made through the affiliate link. That's just my guess though.

I'll admit to falling for the Displate spon (and Honey, but mainly because it wasn't on my new laptop yet). Typically I'd prefer to support Phil with merch rather than sponsored purchases. I'm also not the target audience for a lot of his sponsorships though.

Talking about IRL Merch, has there been a massive jump in shipping for anyone else? I know they posted that there was an increase in the rate to Australia because of COVID but it's now prohibitively expensive. I wanted to get a couple of the Hydrated items and the shipping was over $50! I get that there might be a slight increase in the cost but I haven't noticed anything like this from other international purchases I've made.

User avatar
Susanisnotafish
woodland creature
Posts: 569
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 am
Pronouns: She/her
Location: Illinois, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by Susanisnotafish » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:53 am

shan wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:06 am
inanerat wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:39 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:11 pm I think the type of viewership Phil has also makes him pretty valuable, right? I mean, he's already pulling a paycheck with half the videos they post because they're sponsored, and I am sure in terms of company sponsorships a proven conversion rate makes him worth his weight in gold... and if phandom is anything, it's loyal with their money. 400k viewers with ten percent being willing to buy whatever he's endorsing is worth more than a million views that don't convert to sales on that end.
I'd be super curious to know what his follow-through numbers are with spons. I guess I'd never even considered that they would be that high but maybe that's just because I tend not to be super interested in actually buying any of the things (not including merch, but I am particular about that too). Out of curiosity (and avoiding other things I probably should be doing, but shhh) here's a list of recent (2019-20) spons Phil has done, excluding his own merch. (newest to oldest)

- Displate (repeat spon)
- Disney Plus Marvel (instagram)
- Square Enix FF7 Remake
- Displate
- Nord VPN
- EA Jedi Fallen Order (instagram)
- Warner Bros. Dr. Sleep
- Nintendo Pokémon cards
- Honey (repeat spon)
- Others I may have missed, soz

Honestly, looking at the list now, they're all quite good and fairly well suited to his audience. Maybe I'm just not the most responsive to advertising. I'm stingy and don't tend to like big-name games and movies. And, while I don't usually follow through on things like these, I guess I am more likely to think of them in the future so maybe it's somewhat successful advertising? Just not in a very trackable way. I do sometimes click on the affiliate links out of curiosity, but basically never with the intention of actually buying something. The only one from the list that actually turned my head was the NordVPN one, because that's something I would actually potentially use, but I don't need right now so I didn't bite. Also I follow enough gaming streamers that get deals with NordVPN often enough that if I decided I needed it and wanted a deal I'd just wait around for one of them to get a spon.

I really have no idea where I'm going with this, other than I would find it fascinating to know how successful his spons actually are, numbers-wise. Also, a question someone on here might have the answer to that I don't know: How exactly do most spon deals work? Is there a flat rate? Is it based on engagement? Including click-through interest or just actual sales? A combination of all of those things??
My assumption has always been that they get a flat rate for talking about it plus a commission on any sales made through the affiliate link. That's just my guess though.

I'll admit to falling for the Displate spon (and Honey, but mainly because it wasn't on my new laptop yet). Typically I'd prefer to support Phil with merch rather than sponsored purchases. I'm also not the target audience for a lot of his sponsorships though.

Talking about IRL Merch, has there been a massive jump in shipping for anyone else? I know they posted that there was an increase in the rate to Australia because of COVID but it's now prohibitively expensive. I wanted to get a couple of the Hydrated items and the shipping was over $50! I get that there might be a slight increase in the cost but I haven't noticed anything like this from other international purchases I've made.
You might want to contact IRL and see if there is a mistake with the shipping cost. I saw a tweet a while back where someone was complaining about high shipping and IRL got it straightened out.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell

User avatar
Susanisnotafish
woodland creature
Posts: 569
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 am
Pronouns: She/her
Location: Illinois, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by Susanisnotafish » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:21 pm

Sorry, seems like I’m always double posting. Here’s the Phil parts of the ardenrose Twitch stream. I haven’t watched it. I’m watching the whole thing off Twitch. I think it would be good if someone put the whole stream on YouTube, but here’s this for now.

"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell

User avatar
inanerat
sofa crease
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:27 am
Pronouns: he/she/they

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by inanerat » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:55 pm

shan wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:06 am Talking about IRL Merch, has there been a massive jump in shipping for anyone else? I know they posted that there was an increase in the rate to Australia because of COVID but it's now prohibitively expensive. I wanted to get a couple of the Hydrated items and the shipping was over $50! I get that there might be a slight increase in the cost but I haven't noticed anything like this from other international purchases I've made.
Like Susanisnotafish said, it would be worth reaching out to them, but from what I know at my work, at least in the past 6ish months, our shipping charges to Australia (from the US) have gone up a lot because the international mail system and customs process, especially in Australia has been so backed up. At least for a while, the only way to ship with any hope of getting the package in a reasonable or somewhat predictable time was to ship express with FedEx or UPS, which are both far more expensive than standard (at my work USPS) shipping.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:

User avatar
Susanisnotafish
woodland creature
Posts: 569
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 am
Pronouns: She/her
Location: Illinois, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by Susanisnotafish » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:25 pm

The YouTuber part starts at -27:23. The details that struck me most were the growth of items on the bookshelf since Dan liveshows, and the bit of hair you can see behind his neck. I prefer when he has short sides and brushes the longer top curls forward to cover his receding right side hairline. But he can do what he wants. I love him any way he looks!
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell

User avatar
elipie
smol bean
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 28, 2020 5:15 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by elipie » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:44 pm

Susanisnotafish wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:21 pm Sorry, seems like I’m always double posting. Here’s the Phil parts of the ardenrose Twitch stream. I haven’t watched it. I’m watching the whole thing off Twitch. I think it would be good if someone put the whole stream on YouTube, but here’s this for now.

I really enjoyed the whole stream so much, to the point where I watched the next day's stream (which Phil wasn't on, but PJ was). That was just what I needed, and I hope Phil plays with them again.

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 5953
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by alittledizzy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:44 pm

This is a random thought but I hope along with his own book Dan does a book rec list of his own. I'd love to know what kind of personal resources he's found helpful or just interesting.

Megancita75
rainbow nerd
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:43 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by Megancita75 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:33 pm

Ha, yeah, I wish the photo of that packed bookshelf was better so I could snoop the titles to see if there are any clues in there about what Dan might be reading.

User avatar
lefthandedism
inveterate introvert
inveterate introvert
Posts: 1401
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:16 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: New England

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by lefthandedism » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:14 pm

Megancita75 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:33 pm Ha, yeah, I wish the photo of that packed bookshelf was better so I could snoop the titles to see if there are any clues in there about what Dan might be reading.
I would think he would read most of his books electronically, since he's already glued to his devices--which would make it harder to read his shelves!

I read books all the time, but as the pandemic has closed libraries/bookstores, I'm gotten pretty attached to my Kindle, to the point where I wonder what I'll do when I can walk into a library again. (Probably still walk out with an armful of books :reading1: )
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."

Locked