Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
madzilla84
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

I guess they must be, since Phil couldn’t film a story and play at the same time (or vice versa). I wonder if they’re doing their usual ‘pass off the controller when they die’ thing? :dapg:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

It makes me miss the gaming channel even more knowing they are sat at home playing games together 😭
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
autumnhearth
senpai

Today has been a watching DAPG day with the kiddo, so knowing they’re playing a video game together made me feel a bit more connected.
autumnhearth
senpai

Does any brave soul with time on their hands care to update this page?

https://youtube.fandom.com/wiki/AmazingPhil

It’s info is pre-coming out, lists Dan and Phil as being friends for only 7 years and for some reason attaches Marzia as an “associate”? Like just her and Dan...

Dan’s page has been updated post-BIG, but I’m sure things could be better worded. He’s also associated with Marzia, crabstickz and Anthony Padilla...
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

Is there a list anywhere of all the board games D&P have posted about or mentioned (not played in videos)? I can think of a few but I know I'm blanking on a bunch.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Templeofshame wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:30 pm Is there a list anywhere of all the board games D&P have posted about or mentioned (not played in videos)? I can think of a few but I know I'm blanking on a bunch.
This doesn't exactly answer your question, but might be helpful: Dan and Phil's games shelf (circa mid-2017).
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

So... today was the London marathon which has gone virtual. Do we think that Dan did it virtually since he was listed as a celebrity runner?
fieldoflovers
living flop

plinthofmylife wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:20 pm So... today was the London marathon which has gone virtual. Do we think that Dan did it virtually since he was listed as a celebrity runner?
Maybe a dumb question but how do you virtually do a run?
tipofmemory
dank meme
Pronouns: she/they

plinthofmylife wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:20 pm So... today was the London marathon which has gone virtual. Do we think that Dan did it virtually since he was listed as a celebrity runner?
Hmm, he's not listed on the website. Maybe he dropped out when everything happened and just didn't sign up again?
fieldoflovers wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:47 pm
Not dumb at all! I was confused at first too lol. It basically means that you're doing the length of the marathon from wherever you are in the world, and logging it in the official app.
fieldoflovers
living flop

fieldoflovers wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:47 pm
Not dumb at all! I was confused at first too lol. It basically means that you're doing the length of the marathon from wherever you are in the world, and logging it in the official app.
That makes sense! I was picturing people running on treadmills while on zoom together, the official version sounds way less dreary.
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:07 pm Does any brave soul with time on their hands care to update this page?

It’s info is pre-coming out, lists Dan and Phil as being friends for only 7 years and for some reason attaches Marzia as an “associate”? Like just her and Dan...

Dan’s page has been updated post-BIG, but I’m sure things could be better worded. He’s also associated with Marzia, crabstickz and Anthony Padilla...
well i managed to do a bit of rewriting and updating, although to my disgust the wiki has a 'profanity filter' which refuses to let you publish edits containing the word 'gay'. anyway, i managed to get around it by sticking in some redundant html.
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
autumnhearth
senpai

bluecaterpillar wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:37 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Does any brave soul with time on their hands care to update this page?

well i managed to do a bit of rewriting and updating, although to my disgust the wiki has a 'profanity filter' which refuses to let you publish edits containing the word 'gay'. anyway, i managed to get around it by sticking in some redundant html.
Bless you! That’s ridiculous, I’m glad you found I way around it, I would have no clue. :stan:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

bluecaterpillar wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:37 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:07 pm Does any brave soul with time on their hands care to update this page?

You are truly the hero we need...

Why the fuck would gay be under the profanity filter??
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:22 pm You are truly the hero we need...

Why the fuck would gay be under the profanity filter??
i contacted an admin saying i thought it was very inappropriate to highlight the word 'gay' as profanity and he responded that he thinks 'most of the online community perceives this as offensive' so it's filtered to stop people 'misusing' it. which is a load of bullshit as far as i'm concerned, but i didn't feel like getting into an argument since i'd found a workaround and i don't care about wikitubia beyond correcting the dnp pages.
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
kalli
butt chair

I haven't posted on here in forever... hello! Weird thing to lure me back but I was looking at dnp's Wikitubia pages, and I noticed at the end of Dan's trivia section it says his favourite pizza topping is soy sauce? I was not aware that people use soy sauce as a pizza topping... the more you know lol. I'm curious, does anyone remember him saying that? That seems like a useless dnp fact my brain would have decided to store but I can't recall :reading1:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

kalli wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:49 am I haven't posted on here in forever... hello! Weird thing to lure me back but I was looking at dnp's Wikitubia pages, and I noticed at the end of Dan's trivia section it says his favourite pizza topping is soy sauce? I was not aware that people use soy sauce as a pizza topping... the more you know lol. I'm curious, does anyone remember him saying that? That seems like a useless dnp fact my brain would have decided to store but I can't recall :reading1:
During the Boston stop of Tatinof, Deppy had pizza that Dan said was the best pizza he'd ever had. He described it in a liveshow as having toppings including chicken and soy sauce. He gave the name of the restaurant in that liveshow. So that's probably where that came from.

On Dan's recommendation, I checked it out when I was in Boston, but I think the menu didn't seem that appealing to the group so we went elsewhere, and as a vegetarian I wouldn't have had the chicken option anyway.
"Why am I left-handed?"
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

lefthandedism wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:09 am
kalli wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:49 am I haven't posted on here in forever... hello! Weird thing to lure me back but I was looking at dnp's Wikitubia pages, and I noticed at the end of Dan's trivia section it says his favourite pizza topping is soy sauce? I was not aware that people use soy sauce as a pizza topping... the more you know lol. I'm curious, does anyone remember him saying that? That seems like a useless dnp fact my brain would have decided to store but I can't recall :reading1:
During the Boston stop of Tatinof, Deppy had pizza that Dan said was the best pizza he'd ever had. He described it in a liveshow as having toppings including chicken and soy sauce. He gave the name of the restaurant in that liveshow. So that's probably where that came from.

On Dan's recommendation, I checked it out when I was in Boston, but I think the menu didn't seem that appealing to the group so we went elsewhere, and as a vegetarian I wouldn't have had the chicken option anyway.
Here's a link to the liveshow - he talks about it at 42:25.

As a Bostonian, I also naturally had to go and try this funky pizza like the day after he recommended it. It's good - but it's not... as good as he made it out to be tbh. IDK.

But yeah, I think that's about as close as he came to saying soy sauce is his favorite pizza topping. I don't think that's true - I would argue that fave toppings are probably better reflected in the mukbang??
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

rizzo wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:47 pm
lefthandedism wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:09 am

Here's a link to the liveshow - he talks about it at 42:25.

As a Bostonian, I also naturally had to go and try this funky pizza like the day after he recommended it. It's good - but it's not... as good as he made it out to be tbh. IDK.

But yeah, I think that's about as close as he came to saying soy sauce is his favorite pizza topping. I don't think that's true - I would argue that fave toppings are probably better reflected in the mukbang??
So, it's Boston Kitchen Pizza, right, and this was the pizza? Need to record for posterity, since Dan doesn't actually manage to name it in the liveshow. :D :pizza:
"Why am I left-handed?"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Some Bake Off-inspired Dan activity:
And a few of the replies:
autumnhearth
senpai

Well hey, that’s something. I’ve been feeling starved these past few days, but I’m glad to know they’re enjoying Bake-Off. So are we, albeit a bit behind via Netflix.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phil has seen our thirst and deigned to flick some water droplets at us.
AmazingPhil wrote:Hey Cactus Crew!

I was about to start writing this when Dan gave me some kombucha to try and it tasted like some kind of vinegary prank. Back to Ribena for me.

Hope you’re all well. I know I keep saying it in these updates but TIME HAS NO MEANING. Did you know my pigeon video was 2 MONTHS AGO? Speaking of Steve, both him and Scraggy are thriving! They visit more occasionally now so I’m hoping they are tending to a nest! Imagine if one morning there is a micro Steve just sat on the bird feeder.

In some exciting community member news, we can now get custom Emojis in video comments!!! I’ve been bugging YouTube about this since my membership began so I’m hyped they’ve taken my feedback on board! Now all I need is some emojis. I might try and make some myself but if any of you are feeling artistic you can submit an emote to [email protected] and you may be an official channel emoji. (I don’t personally check this email btw) Also include your name for credit! Supported formats: GIF, PNG, JPG. Minimum size: 32 x 32 pixels. Upload size: less than 1 MB. Aspect ratio: 1:1 (square) (transparent background would work best).

If I pick any of yours I’ll shout you out in a member post! Please don’t spend a heap of time on this or make entire emoji sets or anything as I may only pick one that you send! Inspirations… Different emotions, fun memes, Phil versions of standard emotes. I think quite a few peeps may submit a Norman or a Steve so maybe think outside the box if you want more chance of being picked!

Another thing I wanted to mention is that you may have noticed YouTube removed the community captions feature, which is a real shame as because of dedicated captioners people have been able to enjoy my videos all over the world! I’ve been looking at other options, one is ‘Amara’ which seems to allow public community caption contributions to anyone logged in with a free account. I’ve uploaded one video as a limited test, so if anyone has any spare time and wants to test out captioning I have put the link here: https://amara.org/en/videos/huMf5joPtEq ... g-history/

If this doesn’t work out another option would be to set up some kind of email address or submission system via google docs. I am determined to make this work either way! Once I have an actual solution I’ll let everyone know with either a tweet or a link to caption in my new video descriptions, but thought I’d test it out here first.

P.s I’m working on a new video that will hopefully be with you before the weekend.

P.p.s Norman says hi

Philip
AmazingPhil
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:01 pm Phil has seen our thirst and deigned to flick some water droplets at us.
AmazingPhil wrote:Hey Cactus Crew!

I was about to start writing this when Dan gave me some kombucha to try and it tasted like some kind of vinegary prank. Back to Ribena for me.

Hope you’re all well. I know I keep saying it in these updates but TIME HAS NO MEANING. Did you know my pigeon video was 2 MONTHS AGO? Speaking of Steve, both him and Scraggy are thriving! They visit more occasionally now so I’m hoping they are tending to a nest! Imagine if one morning there is a micro Steve just sat on the bird feeder.

In some exciting community member news, we can now get custom Emojis in video comments!!! I’ve been bugging YouTube about this since my membership began so I’m hyped they’ve taken my feedback on board! Now all I need is some emojis. I might try and make some myself but if any of you are feeling artistic you can submit an emote to [email protected] and you may be an official channel emoji. (I don’t personally check this email btw) Also include your name for credit! Supported formats: GIF, PNG, JPG. Minimum size: 32 x 32 pixels. Upload size: less than 1 MB. Aspect ratio: 1:1 (square) (transparent background would work best).

If I pick any of yours I’ll shout you out in a member post! Please don’t spend a heap of time on this or make entire emoji sets or anything as I may only pick one that you send! Inspirations… Different emotions, fun memes, Phil versions of standard emotes. I think quite a few peeps may submit a Norman or a Steve so maybe think outside the box if you want more chance of being picked!

Another thing I wanted to mention is that you may have noticed YouTube removed the community captions feature, which is a real shame as because of dedicated captioners people have been able to enjoy my videos all over the world! I’ve been looking at other options, one is ‘Amara’ which seems to allow public community caption contributions to anyone logged in with a free account. I’ve uploaded one video as a limited test, so if anyone has any spare time and wants to test out captioning I have put the link here: https://amara.org/en/videos/huMf5joPtEq ... g-history/

If this doesn’t work out another option would be to set up some kind of email address or submission system via google docs. I am determined to make this work either way! Once I have an actual solution I’ll let everyone know with either a tweet or a link to caption in my new video descriptions, but thought I’d test it out here first.

P.s I’m working on a new video that will hopefully be with you before the weekend.

P.p.s Norman says hi

Philip
AmazingPhil
That first line? He truly wrote that just for us. It didn't need to be there and yet... a lovely reminder that Dan is always around.

Let me just bring back this emoji whole-heartedly:

:garbage:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Dan’s in the new attitude magazine for November. Looks like he got a cover too
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I am absolutely losing my shit.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oh Dan I both love you and I hate you lmao.... but god i mostly LOVE the firm boundary drawing but also the word "husbands" jesus christ.