Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Judearaya wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:37 pm
Moving past that. I can only assume Phil took that picture of Dan because his toes are so perfectly stacked. I find such great satisfaction--the part of me that likes things to be exactly right and aligned--in how they're arranged. Plus it's fucking cute as hell.
I think he probably noticed the toes too and thought it was funny so he took a picture. That or the scratch. Or he just thought he looked cute and took a picture. Phil's impromptu casual photos of Dan always make me soft 'cause I feel like they're usually just sitting around, Dan maybe looking a little bit silly. Something about them just radiates such fondness idk.

Also I forgot to note this but I realized Dan is wearing shorts?? Inside his own home? Who is this man?? I feel like Dan just wears underwear around the house a lot and doesn't bother with shorts or trousers. I'm impressed at the level of effort tbh.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

Catallena wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:10 am Also it's not really visible on the photo above but what the hell did Dan do to have such a giant ass scratch on his leg?? He looks adorable in that picture though.
They talked about the scar during the ii live Q&A in Brazil:
itasca00 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:39 pm [*][19:06] Phil says that they made the set too spiky because he injured himself on it a lot, and Dan says it gave him a scar on his leg. He shows it through a hole in his jeans. Phil says they could have gotten matching tattoos, but they got matching scars from the show instead.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So I'm guessing they've already pre-ordered their ps5?
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Unimportant, but I’m always really curious about their (non-gaming-channel) gaming setup; like we’ve heard they play things like Apex Legends together (i.e. online multiplayer) but how does that work if they share consoles? They can’t both be logged into the same one at the same time for a lot of games ... do they have one each (aside from the Switches obv)? Do they game from different rooms/areas (because they’d need 2 TVs)? I know lots of gamer couples and they usually both have their own setups... obviously irrelevant for co-op or single player but how does online MP work? (I know *some* games offer multiple online players on one console but it isn’t that many) I also wonder how they approach single player games they both want to play, like the FF7 remake? Does one play and the other watches and they maybe swap sometimes, or do they take turns, or do they have 2 PS4s?
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
liola
rankussy

madzilla84 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:44 pm Unimportant, but I’m always really curious about their (non-gaming-channel) gaming setup; like we’ve heard they play things like Apex Legends together (i.e. online multiplayer) but how does that work if they share consoles? They can’t both be logged into the same one at the same time for a lot of games ... do they have one each (aside from the Switches obv)? Do they game from different rooms/areas (because they’d need 2 TVs)? I know lots of gamer couples and they usually both have their own setups... obviously irrelevant for co-op or single player but how does online MP work? (I know *some* games offer multiple online players on one console but it isn’t that many) I also wonder how they approach single player games they both want to play, like the FF7 remake? Does one play and the other watches and they maybe swap sometimes, or do they take turns, or do they have 2 PS4s?
I mean most games lately are multi platform so for apex legends they literally couldjust play from any console or pc so that doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure they have one console each as well cause even when they had the gaming channel they had their consoles set up in their living room as well. Given how bad their internet is I doubt they used remote play to record gameplay so they must've had consoles with capture cards in the gaming channel room and then have another set for their own personal gameplay

So yeah wouldn't be surprised If they had two or more of each console since they STILL getting PR (Why yes I'm jealous terribly)

I hope they managed to pre-order the ps5 given how chaotic it went!
inanerat
eclipse shirt

liola wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:59 pm
madzilla84 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:44 pm Unimportant, but I’m always really curious about their (non-gaming-channel) gaming setup; like we’ve heard they play things like Apex Legends together (i.e. online multiplayer) but how does that work if they share consoles? They can’t both be logged into the same one at the same time for a lot of games ... do they have one each (aside from the Switches obv)? Do they game from different rooms/areas (because they’d need 2 TVs)? I know lots of gamer couples and they usually both have their own setups... obviously irrelevant for co-op or single player but how does online MP work? (I know *some* games offer multiple online players on one console but it isn’t that many) I also wonder how they approach single player games they both want to play, like the FF7 remake? Does one play and the other watches and they maybe swap sometimes, or do they take turns, or do they have 2 PS4s?
I mean most games lately are multi platform so for apex legends they literally couldjust play from any console or pc so that doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure they have one console each as well cause even when they had the gaming channel they had their consoles set up in their living room as well. Given how bad their internet is I doubt they used remote play to record gameplay so they must've had consoles with capture cards in the gaming channel room and then have another set for their own personal gameplay

So yeah wouldn't be surprised If they had two or more of each console since they STILL getting PR (Why yes I'm jealous terribly)

I hope they managed to pre-order the ps5 given how chaotic it went!

My guess would be that they have 2 PS4s and 2 Switches, idk about other consoles. I'd assumed that with games like apex legends Dan probably preferred to play on PC and Phil on PS4. In the Fortnite video Dan is playing with mouse and keyboard (you can see from the weapon selection keys) and Phil with a PS4 controller because he's a controller scrub. For games with cross-platform multiplayer, I think it would totally work for Dan to play at the PC in the piano nook and Phil on PS4 on the TV.

They do play some single player games together watching/trading off (the domesticity of it all, need me some of that) but with some games like Breath of the Wild, they've mentioned both playing through individually. I'd imagine with something like FF that is long and has a lot of story elements that they'd both want their own individual experience on a first playthrough whether they did that with separate saves or separate consoles.
liola
rankussy

They have 3 Switches (red/blue joycons for Phil, all black for Dan and got gifted the Animal Crossing one from Nintendo) they also have at least one Xbox too.

Btw Phil posted on Instagram and Instagram decided he was too beautiful for it and gave up on life but I was blessed and could see all so if anyone missed it
God.. What a man.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm just gonna headcanon that those were taken the same night as Dan's lacy kimono photo... because you know that's how they set the mood. Some Marvel dudes, a bottle of red, and both in their sexy outfits of choice.
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:08 pm I'm just gonna headcanon that those were taken the same night as Dan's lacy kimono photo... because you know that's how they set the mood. Some Marvel dudes, a bottle of red, and both in their sexy outfits of choice.
What do you mean headcanon that was actually the original caption of that post I swear its just that instagram broke and now it shows a spon :undertaledog:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Here for Phil as Cap who’s my fave anyway and that blue suits him. Cheeky detail of Bucky on the tablet ;)
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

:o :rofl:
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:08 pm I'm just gonna headcanon that those were taken the same night as Dan's lacy kimono photo... because you know that's how they set the mood. Some Marvel dudes, a bottle of red, and both in their sexy outfits of choice.
:o :o :o that one!!!! That one's my favorite!!!! He looks so good wtf and his hair looks fantasticc
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
Judearaya
sofa crease

yellowsubmarine wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:29 pm :o :rofl:
:o :o :o that one!!!! That one's my favorite!!!! He looks so good wtf and his hair looks fantasticc
not to be Stucky trash on main, but I'm Stucky trash and Phil just made it canon, bless your Mr. Amazing. And also DAMN he looks good.
laurenbacall
delia smith

where did that photo of dan('s feet) come from? i can't see it on their twitters/instagrams. i worry for his eyes. he always has laptops so close to his face
Judearaya
sofa crease

laurenbacall wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:38 pm where did that photo of dan('s feet) come from? i can't see it on their twitters/instagrams. i worry for his eyes. he always has laptops so close to his face
It's from the iphone cursed dinner video Phil posted last night on twitter
inanerat
eclipse shirt

Just a couple of bros bein' dudes. Hanging out in their living room taking high quality pictures of each other in different outfits lyin' on the couch lookin' sexy. Drinkin' some wine, thirsting after guys with long hair and hammers in a movie.

Also, while I'm not a huge fan of spon I don't usually mind them and just see them as part of the business but Phil is really out here getting these nice spons? Like Marvel, Square Enix, the Warner Brothers one last year, go off Philly. And I'm not a Marvel of super hero person but Stucky is a popular, but not canon ship right? Phil nodding to a common (but unofficial) gay ship in a sponsored post? Iconic.

:gayaf:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil followed and Square Enix followed back today so they may continue working together
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

I also love Phil in that fluffy robe!
Last edited by rizzo on Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed embed code
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Amiaw wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:24 am Phil followed and Square Enix followed back today so they may continue working together
Wow go Phil King of Sponsorships 🤴
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I don't like superhero movies but he looking great for the spon moneyz in those pics :)

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona

Catallena wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:51 am I don't like superhero movies but he looking great for the spon moneyz in those pics :)

This is forever my favorite meme :ribena:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

yellowsubmarine wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:45 am
Amiaw wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:24 am Phil followed and Square Enix followed back today so they may continue working together
Okay but he really is, though. I mean, outside of gamers who have a totally different demographic, he must be god tier for family friendly sponsorships with a very proven return rate on their money. The companies he works with just blow my mind. And also, somehow they seem perfect for Phil? I mean, just look at the ones over the past year - a Stephen King movie? Final Fantasy? An entire event about dogs? Disney - multiple times now?? Once he gets a Haribo deal he can officially retire, he'll have checked every box on his bucket list.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:01 pm
Okay but he really is, though. I mean, outside of gamers who have a totally different demographic, he must be god tier for family friendly sponsorships with a very proven return rate on their money. The companies he works with just blow my mind. And also, somehow they seem perfect for Phil? I mean, just look at the ones over the past year - a Stephen King movie? Final Fantasy? An entire event about dogs? Disney - multiple times now?? Once he gets a Haribo deal he can officially retire, he'll have checked every box on his bucket list.
Or his own Topman collection :lol:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
shan
morning quiff

madzilla84 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:20 pm
Or his own Topman collection :lol:
Don't forget NASA! At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if he uploaded a video from space
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I so deeply wish Phil would would make a video running us through all of the sponsorship deals he didn't take. Go full Nygaard and buy/test the products!
shan
morning quiff

rizzo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:25 pm
I so deeply wish Phil would would make a video running us through all of the sponsorship deals he didn't take. Go full Nygaard and buy/test the products!
After the nude calendar and tickle-fetish invites, I'm willing to bet he's had a lot of very interesting requests if those are the ones he's happy to mention.