Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
noodlebum
flower crown

I do like watching Phasmophobia streams, especially if they at least try and use all the gizmos and put evidence in their journals, but not too serious of course! Phil is a dab hand at ghost hunting tech after his haunted hotel room video last year :P :ghost:
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

I love hearing the others in the stream react to all the weird phil anecdotes :lol:

I'm glad I'm not playing, I would be terrified and terrible :spoopy: :ghost:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That was so great. I wish I'd actually taken notes on the stories Phil told, but the exorcism one stood out - his parents knew a priest and felt like their house was haunted so they had the priest come do an exorcism. People that would stay with them reported seeing an old lady with long gray hair when they'd sleep in one specific room, and once someone they didn't tell about the ghost said they had a dream about an old woman being in the room.
noodlebum
flower crown

Jesus that's nightmare fuel for sure.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Oof I really miss spooky week. It’s nice to have some kind of spooks when we don’t have old traditions though and seeing Phil play with friends is so fun. I hope he starts streaming on Twitch soon
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

I really enjoyed the stream!! (not really a surprise)

For those who missed it, here are the links to the stream vods (audio is all the same, just different perspectives of the games and different people on facecams):

Will and Arden: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/771153790
They show up and do a fantastic ghostbusters dance/musical recreation at 00:03:55, chat and play with randoms for an hour. Phil joins 01:16:53 for chats. First proper game starts at 01:39:49. Phil heads out at 03:29:45 after being there for 2 hours, everybody else kept going and streaming for a half hour or so after.

PJ and Sophie: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/771241350
Stream starts at 00:03:16 with PJ and then Sophie chat. Joins the group at 00:07:05 and first game starts at 00:12:49.

Gab Smolders: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/771240856
Stream starts at 00:01:25 with group chat, first game at 00:12:45

Someone probably will upload to youtube, which is good since the vods only last on twitch for 60 days, but they'll all be there right now if you want to watch!

Sign me the hell up to the get Phil streaming in twitch hype train. It would be a hefty bit of set up but I think it would be sooo worth it.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:41 pm That was so great. I wish I'd actually taken notes on the stories Phil told, but the exorcism one stood out - his parents knew a priest and felt like their house was haunted so they had the priest come do an exorcism. People that would stay with them reported seeing an old lady with long gray hair when they'd sleep in one specific room, and once someone they didn't tell about the ghost said they had a dream about an old woman being in the room.
Shit why did i decide to read the thread at 2:20 am :roll:

But srsly can Phil get on twitch already. I want to see his face regularly, I miss him
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

More Dan!

Amiaw
interactive introvert

How soon are we thinking? Tonight? Next week?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

All of Phil's recent likes are about spooky merch :shrug:

Sir, I still haven't even received my face mask...
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Catallena wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:21 pm All of Phil's recent likes are about spooky merch :shrug:

probs for the better. it may as well be a blanket.

(jk... i think.)

side note, if he's gonna do spooky merch, can he do some spooky gaming on his channel? asking for a frie-- fandom.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

I’m so excited for another Phil candle! I used up the Aquarius candle already. Still have Dan’s. I can’t remember the timing of when I started burning each one, but the dandle seems to be lasting longer.

Also agree that the face mask is too big. Wish it was adjustable like most of my other masks. Most of my others also have a piece you can bend over the top of your nose. Pretty disappointed in the mask, but it is very soft. Also got the water bottle and the Norman socks. Haven’t decided whether to keep the socks or gift them. Loving the water bottle.

Watched the first half of the spooky gaming stream. Really fun! I love that it’s so long! Wish Phil would also stream on twitch just to see him!
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

rizzo wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:22 pm
Catallena wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:21 pm All of Phil's recent likes are about spooky merch :shrug:

probs for the better. it may as well be a blanket.
The way things are going in my country, wrapping myself in a blanket during my trips to the supermarket doesn't even sound that bad.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

I really am invested in two pigeons on some random guys' balcony half the world away, huh. Anyway, Phil's story is cute pigeon content and I'm here for it.

Also that sneaky use of 'we think...' I can fully imagine the two of them having a debate on whether it's still Scraggy or not and why she looks so much better now. The fucking domesticity of it all.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Hm. Scraggy seemed to be more of a dark grey than this pigeon, and I don't think that was just because she was so filthy. Just seemed like her actual coloring. I also have no idea how a feral pigeon would manage to get so clean again.

But on the other hand, pigeons do mate for life and I sure hope nothing happened to Scragz.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
noodlebum
flower crown

It's beak and eyes look completely different too (Why am I inspecting two pigeons facial features, oh my)
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

Her wing markings look the same to me, she was just very bedraggled before she probably used someone's bird bath or a fountain and now he she has Steve he would be able to property groom her where she couldn't.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:41 pm That was so great. I wish I'd actually taken notes on the stories Phil told, but the exorcism one stood out - his parents knew a priest and felt like their house was haunted so they had the priest come do an exorcism. People that would stay with them reported seeing an old lady with long gray hair when they'd sleep in one specific room, and once someone they didn't tell about the ghost said they had a dream about an old woman being in the room.
That's so creepy, wow. But I do remember them saying Phil's parents house was haunted, I just didn't realise they actually meant it in a big way. I don't exactly believe in ghosts but if this actually happened that's something. (Also I'm sad he didn't decide to turn this into a Halloween anecdote video.)
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Phil really wants to make sure that we all know that Steve is a monogamous pigeon in a committed relationship by reblogging pigeon meta:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Katka wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:31 pm
That's so creepy, wow. But I do remember them saying Phil's parents house was haunted, I just didn't realise they actually meant it in a big way. I don't exactly believe in ghosts but if this actually happened that's something. (Also I'm sad he didn't decide to turn this into a Halloween anecdote video.)
I remember he talked about this in a liveshow or two back in 2012. It was the Isle of Man house.
Found it! At 31:31
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
autumnhearth
senpai

Thank you for finding that Susan! The story sounded vaguely familiar to me, but it wasn’t something that was brought up all the times Phil said he thought the house he grew up in was haunted. So when I heard it in the game stream I wondered why he had held back. Makes sense.
shan
morning quiff

glitterintheair wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:10 pm Phil really wants to make sure that we all know that Steve is a monogamous pigeon in a committed relationship by reblogging pigeon meta:
A huge thanks to straggy-luvs-u for the amazing work on solving this mystery. I was honestly ready to throw my arms in the air and claim true love doesn't exist after Phil's first story. Steve truly is the man any man-liking person deserves.

P.S. Is Straggy really their ship name?! Though I guess Screve isn't much better, is it?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:13 pm More Dan!

This is a really delayed reaction to this, but I just really want to pull out this quote:
Even a few years ago on the internet, a lot of people had a lot of fun (and even within the LGBTQ community) speculating about celebrities' relationships and their sexuality. And as someone who was in the closet, I found that really hard, because I thought... there were these people that kind of had good intentions, but then they were like... really affecting my mental health with the speculation. And I've seen people in real life that they watched my 45-minute long coming out video... and they said to me, "I didn't realize at the time what this can do to people and how it can be harmful. I thought I was an ally, I thought I was a good person doing the right thing. So I just wanna say sorry that I did that." And this wasn't something that I was expecting. I didn't even... I wasn't telling myself I even deserve that, but to hear people say that to me really felt like, is the world becoming a better place?
I'm fascinated by how he tried to keep it distant, by talking about celebrities in general, but it very evidently was about him. Also, just.... oof.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Happy 11th Phanniversary friends :love2: :rainbow:

Yeah this day might mean more to us than them as far as celebrating goes, but that's fine. I always think it's nice that we're able to have this day where we celebrate as fans and share the love with Deppy from a distance. Meanwhile they get to have their own memories and special days that we don't know about. It's a whole win-win situation. No special Japhan trip this year though.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:30 pm Happy 11th Phanniversary friends :love2: :rainbow:

Yeah this day might mean more to us than them as far as celebrating goes, but that's fine. I always think it's nice that we're able to have this day where we celebrate as fans and share the love with Deppy from a distance. Meanwhile they get to have their own memories and special days that we don't know about. It's a whole win-win situation. No special Japhan trip this year though.
The celebratory attitude of today within fandom always gets me even if I think it may not. I wake up and my twitter feed/tumblr dash is full of happy excited people and it just hits me in exactly the right way. Especially this year, when everything in the world is a dumpster fire, a feed full of actually happy people... my soul needed this.

And those Dan and Phil guys are okay, too.