Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

gif credit: shookethbrooketh

#jointcontent

Let's see how long we can make this thread last :')
Last edited by lefthandedism on Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: roll the number over!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

To continue with last thread's topic of d&p nostalgia:

I love all their silly one episode games and/or quizzes. Snipperclips immediately comes to mind. I used to rewatch that video so so much, it came out during a very low point in my life and it brought me instant joy everytime, so I'll always treasure it.

The HP series (sorting hat and patronus) I loved as well, at the time.

And that crash bandicoot game when Dan curses up a storm and Phil is just having the time of his life watching Dan descend into madness. Top 3 probably, for me.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
starwatersong
phabergé

yellowsubmarine wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:17 am
And that crash bandicoot game when Dan curses up a storm and Phil is just having the time of his life watching Dan descend into madness. Top 3 probably, for me.
Oh, I love that one! I feel like that one is pretty close at points to how they probably actually play at home.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lmfao
kavat
pastel persona

And of course Dan liked it. I bet this gave them both a good laugh.

Also this is absolutely terrifying and technology has gone too far.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:59 pm lmfao
lmaooo

Phil: just checking twitter on an average Tuesday
phannie twitter: hold my beer

Phil, this is what happens when we are deprived of content and the only content from you in the past 2 weeks is a tweet about ass clapping. You brought this on yourself smh.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil is no longer Giving The People What They Want so I guess this will have to do.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan was basically asking for it by liking Phil's tweet.

inanerat
eclipse shirt

Feel like this video needs to be available here as part of this conversation ;)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Just some peers that pressured Phil...
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Ah, memories.....(including an excellent example of why Dan changed his username!).
I know nothing about GuildWars--can someone explain the import of CanthaConfirmed?
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
dontpanic
#relatable

lefthandedism wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:49 pm Ah, memories.....(including an excellent example of why Dan changed his username!).
I know nothing about GuildWars--can someone explain the import of CanthaConfirmed?
the first teaser for the new GW2 expansion was released yesterday so there's a bunch of excitement happening among gw2 players at the moment. Cantha is a continent from the OG guild wars game, and while it's been speculated since the expansion announcement in march that cantha would be part of the next map, this new (absolutely visually gorgeous) teaser confirms it, which is super exciting for everyone who played the original game. Dan is a lore nerd so he would have picked up a lot of the easter eggs in previous expansions/living world seasons hinting that Catha is still populated despite being isolated from the rest of Tyria for such a long time, so he rightly guessed that Cantha would once again be playable... he was just four years and a whole expansion early lol
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I really liked some of Dan's responses yesterday so I'm going to drop them here for posterity.
inanerat
eclipse shirt

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:17 pm I really liked some of Dan's responses yesterday so I'm going to drop them here for posterity.
Yes some of these are golden. 'literally no coping is occurring' should now be my automatic response to 'how are you doing?'

Also a summary of these is really 'dan says don't loose hope but also work to educate yourselves and find ways to take action, also vote'. We love to see it.

I'm pretty sure I don't want to know what further than his last tweet is, but it has got me thinking about trying to make some categorization chart (maybe venn diagram of Dan Tweet Themes. My list of themes so far includes: Memes and jokes, politics, horny/sexual, video/merch related, how dan is doing atm. I'm open to suggestions for more.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

dan? talking to FrIEND?? on TWITTER???

cute kitten :love2: no idea what dan is on about with the extra eyes though.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

sigh. when every major old and new youtuber/entertainer has bought a house.... and a small fuzzy creature to call their own.... and we're all still waiting....

i do love that dan replied to pj publicly about his new kitten. so cute. ;-;
autumnhearth
senpai

Catallena wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:51 pm dan? talking to FrIEND?? on TWITTER???

cute kitten :love2: no idea what dan is on about with the extra eyes though.

It’s a reference to Rom the Vacuous Spider, a boss from Bloodborne. Thankfully Sophie is the real boss. Yay kitten!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Sometimes I just stop and have a Moment remembering dan saying laughter food and sex are the things that make him happy in life and the massive shitstorm that happened in fandom after that - not the coming out part, but the anti-phan backlash where people took it to mean casual sex. Then I think about things like 'who's Alyssa' and rumors about Dan dating people and rumors about Phil dating people and how in the lead up to them moving out a lot of people were convinced that they'd be moving into different places (because that was kind of the trend at that point, Joe and Caspar moving apart etc). It's just this surreal moment of like... idk... that happened? All that happened. And we all felt so much about it. It seems like a whirlwind in retrospect though we've lived with the reality of them together for far less time than we lived with the impact of all those other moments. It still feels like forever ago.

Anyway. I guess this is just the track my brain is on today.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

I’ve been wishing Phil would upload since it’s been 18 days, so I analyzed his posting history over the past year. Unfortunately, I came to the conclusion that he won’t upload again until at least Sept 1, as he has already posted twice in August, and only once in the past year has he posted 3 times in a month.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Sorry for the double post but I compiled more stats on Phil’s uploading to comfort myself.

He’s uploaded 21 times in the past year, which is the most he’s posted on AmazingPhil since 3 years ago. Here’s all the data (Each year is from 8-29 to 8-28 the following year.)

This past year: 21
1 year ago: 18
2 years ago: 16
3 years ago: 25
4 years ago: 20
5 years ago: 24
6 years ago: 27
7 years ago: 25
8 years ago: 29
9 years ago: 23

Also, he hasn’t done any collabs this past year. Here’s the data on his collab history (including w/Dan):

This past year: 0
1 year ago: 3 (all Dan)
2 years ago: 8 (all Dan)
3 years ago: 14 (13 Dan - some were book and tour related)
4 years ago: 12 (8 included Dan)
5 years ago: 11 (10 Dan)
6 years ago: 8 (4 Dan)
7 years ago: 9 (8 Dan)
8 years ago: 11 (10 Dan)
9 years ago: 4 (all Dan)
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I live for your analysis posts.

Also I objectively KNEW that he collabed with dan like 10x other people, but it's pretty great to see it spelled out that clearly.

Can we count the two off-camera collabs this year as dancollabs!?
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

plinthofmylife wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:32 pm I live for your analysis posts.

Also I objectively KNEW that he collabed with dan like 10x other people, but it's pretty great to see it spelled out that clearly.

Can we count the two off-camera collabs this year as dancollabs!?
Thank you! That’s a good point about the off-camera Dan vids. I also didn’t count Viewers Pick My Outfits or The Cheese Challenge and theres’s probs more in past years.

So even if we count 2 of this year’s videos as collabs, he’s still posted more solo content this past year than any of the years I analyzed. I didn’t include the year he did the Christmas Adventure.

I would love a Dan collab or a collab with anyone, but yay for Phil feeding us the solo content!
inanerat
eclipse shirt

Susanisnotafish wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:57 pm I’ve been wishing Phil would upload since it’s been 18 days, so I analyzed his posting history over the past year. Unfortunately, I came to the conclusion that he won’t upload again until at least Sept 1, as he has already posted twice in August, and only once in the past year has he posted 3 times in a month.
Thank your for this and you're 2nd analysis wow! I knew when we got Steve and browsing history so close together that it probably meant a longer wait until the next video. I assume browsing history was so soon afterwards because of the #spon timeline.

Such is life. I'm still sad and hungry for content though ;_; I've been spelunking through old threads since I'm fairly new here to satisfy my needs. It's interesting to see how things have changed. If people are bored and want any random blasts from the past let me know.

I assume dan is referencing something in that reply to PJ? idk what but sounds like some nerdy thing that, while I am a big nerd, I am not nerdy enough to recognize. Also PJ's cat is FCKING adorable bless. :3 :happytears: Deppy are absolutely more dog people which is valid but I just love cats a lot. Although my sister got a yellow lab puppy recently who is unbelievably cute and like, shiT mE the way I would sell my soul for deppy getting a cute puppy and posting fun lil pictures/videos with it
casualsun
delia smith

inanerat wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:13 pm I assume dan is referencing something in that reply to PJ? idk what but sounds like some nerdy thing that, while I am a big nerd, I am not nerdy enough to recognize. Also PJ's cat is FCKING adorable bless. :3 :happytears: Deppy are absolutely more dog people which is valid but I just love cats a lot. Although my sister got a yellow lab puppy recently who is unbelievably cute and like, shiT mE the way I would sell my soul for deppy getting a cute puppy and posting fun lil pictures/videos with it
I know they’re dog people but I actually wish they were cat people. First of all, I just love cats a lot, and second, I think a cat would suit their lifestyle a lot more. They’ve mentioned not being responsible enough for a dog, not being able to walk it every day, etc. Cats are a lot less work than a dog, and Dan and Phil wouldn’t have to take a cat outside every day and they could maintain their privacy haha. Their heart seems set on a dog though :blackheart: