Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Megancita75
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 96: AmazingPhil (and his cameraman)

Post by Megancita75 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:59 pm

The answer is yes.

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Post by alittledizzy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:08 am

drag him, bryony

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Post by rizzo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:27 am

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:08 am drag him, bryony
If ever I believed Dan, Phil, and Bryony got high together (and I don't), this would be the time... This just completely reads like her calling him out on publishing his weed-induced musings.

:rofl:

shan
squish

Post by shan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:21 pm

I don't know if there's another thread I should post this to or not but I'm in need of some DnP content I haven't watched to death. I haven't seen many of their live shows (joint or alone) so does anyone have any faves they'd recommend? Or even underrated videos they did on other channels?

Susanisnotafish
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Susanisnotafish » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:53 pm

shan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:21 pm I don't know if there's another thread I should post this to or not but I'm in need of some DnP content I haven't watched to death. I haven't seen many of their live shows (joint or alone) so does anyone have any faves they'd recommend? Or even underrated videos they did on other channels?
Here’s a playlist of all my faves from oldest to newest.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... bhq0P8fXbD
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell

shan
squish

Post by shan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:36 pm

Susanisnotafish wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:53 pm
shan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:21 pm I don't know if there's another thread I should post this to or not but I'm in need of some DnP content I haven't watched to death. I haven't seen many of their live shows (joint or alone) so does anyone have any faves they'd recommend? Or even underrated videos they did on other channels?

Amazing, thank you!! So many new vids <3

lefthandedism
inveterate introvert
inveterate introvert

Post by lefthandedism » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:42 pm

shan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:36 pm
Susanisnotafish wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:53 pm

Amazing, thank you!! So many new vids <3
You can also find liveshows, most with timestamps, on IDB here. Having the timestamps is especially useful when you want to search for "That liveshow when....."

(There is a whole timestamp subforum here.)
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Post by alittledizzy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:51 pm

Phil tweeted earlier and then answered some people in German, which was a nice nod to the German fanbase.

inanerat
sofa crease
Pronouns: he/she/they

Post by inanerat » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:58 pm

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:51 pm Phil tweeted earlier and then answered some people in German, which was a nice nod to the German fanbase.
Is my german speaking ass really considering buying the game even though I don't have enough german speaking friends/family to play it with??? Maybe....

Also the google translate replies lmao they're so sweet but a bit clunky.

And swearing in another language is still swearing, Phil. smh.

(Side note Phil refers to it as a 'German board game award' but the image says it's a prize from the 'Wiener Spiele Akademie'?? So technically Austrian award??)
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:

bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Post by bluecaterpillar » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:09 am

all of their joint liveshows from 2018
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach

Judearaya
butt chair

Post by Judearaya » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:35 pm

Katka wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:24 pm

I'm from a small town too and I also have a "I did not break that wall" story, only mine involves a hay cart rolling backwards down a hill. Is this a universial small town experience, who knows, but Phil's video made me remember this happened.
Sorry I had to go back in time for this because you made me laugh out loud and i needed that. Such an image LOL.

I might be alone but I felt a little eh about Phil's video? I don't know the last time I felt like that-- maybe the green screen?

Amiaw
emo goose

Post by Amiaw » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:56 pm

I thought the video was pleasant but it seemed a little rushed is all. Not everyone’s cup of tea maybe but in this phandom I’m just happy to have any content

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Post by rizzo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:20 pm

I think it's becoming pretty clear that something else is distracting Phil from being able to make the level of video we tend to expect from him. And the weird, disjointed new setup also confirms that imho.

So, anyway, how are we all feeling up on moving hill? 8-)

inanerat
sofa crease

Post by inanerat » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:41 pm

rizzo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:20 pm I think it's becoming pretty clear that something else is distracting Phil from being able to make the level of video we tend to expect from him. And the weird, disjointed new setup also confirms that imho.

So, anyway, how are we all feeling up on moving hill? 8-)
+1 to the bit I bolded. I've enjoyed the past few videos, but I do think it is true that all 3 since the pigeon video, but especially the last 2, have had a bit of a filler-y vibe. Which I don't necessarily think is a terrible thing, I think it's normal but it does make me suspicious about what Phil's really up to.

They have both been pretty quiet this week, with just a #random tweet from Dan and acknowledgement of an award tweet from Phil. The last time we've seen either of them was the 24th., which both Phil's insta story (which could have been pre-recorded, but I would guess likely wasn't) and Dan's live show thing (not pre recorded). Both of those showed the bookshelf in the piano nook still (precariously) full but not much else.

So idk. But I would agree that Phil is up to something (which is pretty much always the case, that's how they work).

tldr: v sus, tinfoil hats on lads :tinfoil: (or just live with yours on like me)

Amiaw
emo goose

Post by Amiaw » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:46 pm

Are we sure dan’s bit wasnt pre-recorded? I only ask because he said it was hot and the temperature that day was about 12° in London

Secretstanner
phabergé

Post by Secretstanner » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:51 pm

Amiaw wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:46 pm Are we sure dan’s bit wasnt pre-recorded? I only ask because he said it was hot and the temperature that day was about 12° in London
He also said they don’t have air conditioning. I wouldn’t take what dan says as gospel

Becky.rigby
butt chair

Post by Becky.rigby » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:02 pm

I wish Dan and/or Phil did twitch streams :( I miss how much content we used to have, compared to now :/ I understand they don’t owe us anything which is true. However, it feels like they are slowly giving us less content and will eventually just stop. It’s mad how we used to have two live shows a week, one from Dan and one from Phil, tweets, the radio show every week/ then gaming videos and also main channel videos. Now we are lucky to get a tweet a week from Dan and let’s be real it normally isn’t anything interesting. Phil is more active but it still doesn’t feel the same.

glitterintheair
blobfish

Post by glitterintheair » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:26 pm

I am still torn between thinking Phil is up to something and thinking that maybe he’s going through an uninspired phase, which can happen. It’s so hard to tell, though. After the pigeon vid I was really happy because that was the content I wanted to see from him but now I am not vibing with the filler-y stuff, especially not when it’s like.. three vids in a row like that. Not there’s anything wrong with it, but it’s a shame I can’t enjoy what he does. Also I want to know what’s up with the new set-up. Is it because he’s trying to do a displate spon and he couldn’t show the pictures properly if he used his old one? Or what? Either way, I don’t like it because it looks sad, sorry. And those piranha flowers put in that weird green thing? Is that even a vase? It’s so ugly, I can’t deal with it.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.

Amiaw
emo goose

Post by Amiaw » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:02 pm

I think it’s both- Phil’s not as inspired and they’re moving. I saw some screenshots on Twitter from messages to irl about Phil’s pajamas and Some of dan’s merch and if those different tweets were real they also have some new merch coming out late October/November so somethings in the works

glitterintheair
blobfish

Post by glitterintheair » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:14 pm

Can I ask why do people think dnp are moving? Is there evidence of some sort besides Phil changing background? I am genuinely curious, because even though I am not a resident of moving hill I’d like to move up there someday, it seems a nice place.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.

Templeofshame
lady door

Post by Templeofshame » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:48 pm

Just to prove I am capable of having unpopular positive opinions as well as negative, I absolutely loved Phil's latest vid and I'm surprised that so many people found it uninspired. It made me miss another time in the phandom, when people would have been tripping over each other to write all that new childhood canon into fic.

Susanisnotafish
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Susanisnotafish » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:13 am

Templeofshame wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:48 pm Just to prove I am capable of having unpopular positive opinions as well as negative, I absolutely loved Phil's latest vid and I'm surprised that so many people found it uninspired. It made me miss another time in the phandom, when people would have been tripping over each other to write all that new childhood canon into fic.
I too really loved the latest Phil video and am surprised at others’ response. My only complaint with most Phil vids is that I want more than just 10 minutes. I loved how much Phil was enjoying seeing the sights and how dishy he was with the goss from back in the day. I’ve always thought I enjoyed both Dan and Phil’s separate content in different ways, but I think Phil is really pulling ahead lately. I’m not that zazzed about Dan’s book, but I will enjoy listening to him read the audiobook and I hope, as someone else said, that he is recording the process and will release a video about it. How did this post end up about Dan? I’m trying to praise Philly right now!

Back on the Phil train, I was rewatching Viewers Choose My Outfits and noticed there are many quite recent comments requesting another one. I’m guessing the reason he hasn’t is bc Dan doesn’t want to. Phil can’t really do it without him, at least during the Pandemic.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell

inanerat
sofa crease

Post by inanerat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:22 am

I have still enjoyed his last videos even if they felt a bit more surface level to me. That's not a bad thing imo, I like the mix. Also the google maps tour got me thinking about watching back the 2009 christmas adventure today and I've made myself emotional.

autumnhearth
senpai

Post by autumnhearth » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:30 am

glitterintheair wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:26 pm I am still torn between thinking Phil is up to something and thinking that maybe he’s going through an uninspired phase, which can happen. It’s so hard to tell, though. After the pigeon vid I was really happy because that was the content I wanted to see from him but now I am not vibing with the filler-y stuff, especially not when it’s like.. three vids in a row like that. Not there’s anything wrong with it, but it’s a shame I can’t enjoy what he does. Also I want to know what’s up with the new set-up. Is it because he’s trying to do a displate spon and he couldn’t show the pictures properly if he used his old one? Or what? Either way, I don’t like it because it looks sad, sorry. And those piranha flowers put in that weird green thing? Is that even a vase? It’s so ugly, I can’t deal with it.
How many Displate spons a year do you suppose it would take to pay the rent for the filming flat? Personally I actually like the background... it looks better than the previous times he’s been set up there and shoved the giant peace lily on the table. Kinda loving the art he chooses and what it says about him (low key/non-comital furry *cough*). But if there isn’t any baking happening in that kitchen, then what’s the point? I enjoyed the vid, just thought it felt a bit rushed/short.

shan
squish

Post by shan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:40 am

I really enjoyed Phil's last video as well. I agree it was a bit surface-level and would have loved to hear some more stories though. I'd love a Manchester version but that would involve after-uni stories and the D-word so chances of that are pretty slim I'm guessing.

I'm really on the fence about them moving. I think at this stage, they're in a nice place where they appear to be relatively happy and moving sucks so I think they would only leave if it was to move into an owned forever home. They definitely could have found one I suppose, it's just such a weird year for the world which has massively effected real estate (in my country at least) so unless it was a new build they've been waiting on idk how likely it is. The one thing Phil has said to make me think it's possible was during the Steve video when he said he as going to stop feeding him all the time so he would learn to fend for himself.

My take on the background was the last video was a Displate spon and he already had the magnets set up and ready to attach in the kitchen. The video before it he had a big box of props so maybe for the counter space?