Dan & Phil Part 97: Arch enemies and Husbands

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
madzilla84
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

His memberships came in in January 2019, so it’s still a few months until rainbow cactuses (cacti?) start appearing :) :rainbow:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
susan2
rainbow nerd

madzilla84 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:42 pm His memberships came in in January 2019, so it’s still a few months until rainbow cactuses (cacti?) start appearing :) :rainbow:
Ahh that makes sense, thanks!
laurenbacall
delia smith

kavat wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:47 pm
laurenbacall wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:23 pm
xAshleighx wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:25 am
am i the only one who doesn't get this? what does "dan if... etc" mean?
He edited his fpf to be crying, so the joke is that if trump wins it will come true, i guess.
ah danke! i hadn't noticed that he'd edited the picture......... (lol)
Phantasy
woodland creature

I think November will be a very special month.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

<3 for my USA friends. Vote if you haven't yet!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

okay folks

your best dnp escapism vids - from their channels, compilations, liveshows, music videos, what the fuck ever.

lets just dive into some anything that maybe takes our minds off how shit the world can be
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

inanerat wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:29 am
gnostic wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:11 am
Phanshy wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:43 pm That was a fun video, I've never tried anything pumpkin spice in my life but seasoning dry room temperature popcorn when you could do it straight from the microwave while it's warm and buttery seems criminal. :eyerollpumpkin:
I am sorry I know this is old and my response is entirely off topic but i've been reading up on the forum as I do occasionally and I read your comment and
When i moved to England i discovered they have an OBSESSION with premade popcorn, it is freaking HORRIFIC
While I love popcorn and sometimes microwave popcorn is super convenient and I get that, air popped is really good, usually less popped kernels, never burned, and you can season to taste? Butter? Salt? Brown sugar? Cheese powder? Nutritional yeast? Pumpkin spice, you name it (do not recommend all of those all at once) And make however much you want? I'm very pro-air-popped popcorn, I don't get why it isn't more of a thing, especially with people like me and Phil that eat popcorn all the time.

Way less trash too! You can even get bulk kernels some places so you don't have to create any plastic! Now that I think about it, deppy did have one at one time, Phil got it for christmas 2013 and talked about it in this video (https://youtu.be/AkeAAKj9lLk, popcorn bit starts at 1:45). I wonder why they didn't keep it, they are loud and you do need a bowl with taller sides to not make a mess but then you can eat out of the bowl like a trough which is peak popcorn eating experience, better than Phil's 'put the bag on your face like a horse' technique. Maybe it broke. idk.

I am 1000% here for popcorn discourse. Also I like cheese popcorn too, soz Phil.
I HATE microwave popcorn. I love toasted unpopped kernels but making popcorn in a microwave is the worst for me, half of the bag doesn't pop.
An old babysitter I had showed me how to do it in a pot and it's super easy and it makes as much as you want! The only downside is having to wash the pot later....
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:07 am okay folks

your best dnp escapism vids - from their channels, compilations, liveshows, music videos, what the fuck ever.

lets just dive into some anything that maybe takes our minds off how shit the world can be
An oldie but a goody so you can take your mind off things. I love this video so much:

(also Phil... damn... looking foooine)

Also, this edit puts a smile on my face every time and I swear I end up watching it 5 times in a row:
:rainbowtears: <3
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
kavat
pastel persona

snoopysadie wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:27 am Also, this edit puts a smile on my face every time and I swear I end up watching it 5 times in a row:
Excuse me this is the cutest shit ever. We really were spoiled that summer :rainbowtears:

My contribution is Can your pet, perfect mix of softness and mischief.

Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Thanks for linking that nice edit video. US election stress has got me seeking out any kind of comfort/distraction I can find. I might just rewatch the Impossible Quiz series at some point today just to soothe my brain.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

snoopysadie wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:27 am

An oldie but a goody so you can take your mind off things. I love this video so much:

Also, this edit puts a smile on my face every time and I swear I end up watching it 5 times in a row:
That Tekken video is one of my absolute favourites, I rewatch it often. I also love all the donky kong tropical freeze and bishi bashi special vids.

I'm not usually an edit person but damn that made me SOFT, I really needed it. It reminds me of perhaps one of my favourite deppy moments ever, from a 2018 liveshow on the tour bus where Dan talks about how he really doesn't miss anything about not being home in the UK and Phil immediately goes 'It's 'cause you're hanging out with me Dan' and Dan makes his little 'gugh/throwing up noise' that means 'that's extremely cute and sweet and I can't deny it (because we all know if Dan did all that travelling w/o Phil he would miss 'home' horribly but also if he was home while Phil was gone for that long he would be just as sad) but I also don't feel comfortable responding back with something equally loving/directly acknowledging rn it so I'm just going to make a noise that means 'that's disgustingly sweet' and move on'.

It's such a short and impromptu moment and not one that's well known/talked about often but it has always stuck with me as one of the most companion through life/soulmate/husbandy things they have ever said and it makes me soft just thinking about it. :rainbowtears:
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

inanerat wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:25 pm

That Tekken video is one of my absolute favourites, I rewatch it often. I also love all the donky kong tropical freeze and bishi bashi special vids.
I'm not usually an edit person but damn that made me SOFT, I really needed it. It reminds me of perhaps one of my favourite deppy moments ever, from a 2018 liveshow on the tour bus where Dan talks about how he really doesn't miss anything about not being home in the UK and Phil immediately goes 'It's 'cause you're hanging out with me Dan' and Dan makes his little 'gugh/throwing up noise' that means 'that's extremely cute and sweet and I can't deny it (because we all know if Dan did all that travelling w/o Phil he would miss 'home' horribly but also if he was home while Phil was gone for that long he would be just as sad) but I also don't feel comfortable responding back with something equally loving/directly acknowledging rn it so I'm just going to make a noise that means 'that's disgustingly sweet' and move on'.

It's such a short and impromptu moment and not one that's well known/talked about often but it has always stuck with me as one of the most companion through life/soulmate/husbandy things they have ever said and it makes me soft just thinking about it. :rainbowtears:
wait, I don't know which one you mean and now I wanna watch it! Do you remember which liveshow?
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
inanerat
eclipse shirt

snoopysadie wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:36 pm
inanerat wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:25 pm

wait, I don't know which one you mean and now I wanna watch it! Do you remember which liveshow?

Convo starts at 21:35. It's very short but I've always found it really sweet like... home for them really means being with each other way before any material things :rainbowtears:
helvetica
sofa crease

That liveshow was so cute, and Dan saying "All you need to do is softly whisper vagina in my ear and I'll be like, I'll do anything, just stop, just please stop” hits a little different now.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Hell yeah Georgia, the state where I saw Dan and Phil! (And also briefly lived. And visit yearly. But to keep this topical, where I saw Dan and Phil!)
Philena
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:07 pm Hell yeah Georgia, the state where I saw Dan and Phil! (And also briefly lived. And visit yearly. But to keep this topical, where I saw Dan and Phil!)
Woohoo Georgia!! (Where you saw Dan and Phil!)
Woohoo Pennsylvania!! (Where Philly was in Philly!)
inanerat
eclipse shirt

helvetica wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:30 am That liveshow was so cute, and Dan saying "All you need to do is softly whisper vagina in my ear and I'll be like, I'll do anything, just stop, just please stop” hits a little different now.
Reading this my brain immediately hears Phil saying "penis, Dan, penis penis penis. What's your favourite fruit and Phill's too" from Amazing Dan
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Things have been quiet around here lately because I'm pretty sure a lot of us have just been way in our own feelings about current world events (election, second lockdown for uk friends, etc), so.... how about a little off-topic check in until Dan and Phil show signs of life again? How's everyone doing? How are you handling stress? What are your comfort routines?

also LMAO dan - he immediately changed his userpic back
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

When your friend tells you they called the election, you open twitter to confirm, and Dan's profile pic is enough to convince you :lol:

The past week (month, year lol) has been a LOT. The election, plus COVID spiking in my area and my fiancée's responsibilities that go along with being a paramedic during a pandemic have been exhausting. I will welcome any DnP content that happens our way - I've been rewatching the charades videos and finally getting to the Forever Scrolling series Dan was part of. Also reading some fics that have been finished up lately.

Also idk why, but Cornelia's instastories with her plant made me really happy haha.
kavat
pastel persona

After months of doom scrolling my twitter timeline is now 99% happiness. It feels freaking wonderful!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

More Cornelia ig stories have made me really happy.

Phil's so quiet lately. I'm not super surprised - I think now has probably been a good time to sit back and just let the world happen. But I kinda miss him now. :(

I did finally get my candle... it's so much smaller than I expected but it smells so good. If I just... don't think about how much I paid for it (well, it was mostly shipping that made it extravagant) then I'm really pleased with it.
liola
rankussy

I miss Phil almost like i'm missing sleep :ghost: miss his voice miss his face miss himmm
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Becky.rigby
living flop

I miss Dan and Phil so much it hurts :’( it doesn’t feel the same anymore, and it hasn’t for a while (and not in a good way) ever since the start of 2019. I miss looking forward to weekly radio shows, liveshow and videos (wow we were spoilt). But now we only have a phil video or two a month to look forward to. I have been watching other youtubers like Valkyrae, jacksepticeye, sykkuno, toast etc and they regularly stream on twitch, so does pj.

I get Dan and Phil are probably enjoying just being out and open and enjoying their relationship without having to be closeted, and I respect that. I just think this is the new normal now. I have preordered Dan’s book but that doesn’t come out til next year, and with lockdown I expect nothing to happen until then
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

Becky.rigby wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:11 pm I miss Dan and Phil so much it hurts :’( it doesn’t feel the same anymore, and it hasn’t for a while (and not in a good way) ever since the start of 2019. I miss looking forward to weekly radio shows, liveshow and videos (wow we were spoilt). But now we only have a phil video or two a month to look forward to. I have been watching other youtubers like Valkyrae, jacksepticeye, sykkuno, toast etc and they regularly stream on twitch, so does pj.

I get Dan and Phil are probably enjoying just being out and open and enjoying their relationship without having to be closeted, and I respect that. I just think this is the new normal now. I have preordered Dan’s book but that doesn’t come out til next year, and with lockdown I expect nothing to happen until then
I feel the same in a lot of ways, I'm so glad Phil's still uploading and that I'm still enjoying his solo content lucky for me I've always enjoyed Phil's solo content more than Dan's, I'll always miss real joint content but if it's something they don't enjoy doing anymore then better they stop pursuit things they do. I don't see myself reading Dan's book unless people here say there's stuff worth reading excluding the self-help/guide part. For reasons I can't even understand myself I can't watch his videos for Attitude, I had the first one open in a tab for weeks before closing it. I guess I'm at a place with Dan where I'll watch something or read something based on whether it actually appeals to me rather than just because it's Dan.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

And some replies: