Dan & Phil Part 97: Arch enemies and Husbands

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
noodlebum
flower crown

I think the maid outfit is from them playing PUBG that time and his character wearing a maid outfit, right?
Yeah I also wish there's some actual regular clothes that get chosen, not just dresses and costumes :( some clothes that might surprise him with liking them
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:25 pm Oooooohhhhhhhhhhh-
FUCK. YES.

How many times have I said I wanted a sequel to viewers choose my outfits? Too many damn times.

Also I agree, hopefully Dan chooses a variety of more serious potential outfits and silly ones. I felt like the last video had a decent mix. I would like to see one obnoxious rainbow outfit. Just one though (not that there can't be other rainbow things, just more tasteful ones)

I feel like that one look from the dog calendar was pretty similar to the 'pretentious lecturer' vibes, but goddamn if it wasn't a look, I wouldn't complain about seeing it again.
(Maybe I'm gay for men in tight sweaters and pants with glasses. sue me.)
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

inanerat wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:25 pm
FUCK. YES.

How many times have I said I wanted a sequel to viewers choose my outfits? Too many damn times.

Also I agree, hopefully Dan chooses a variety of more serious potential outfits and silly ones. I felt like the last video had a decent mix. I would like to see one obnoxious rainbow outfit. Just one though (not that there can't be other rainbow things, just more tasteful ones)

I feel like that one look from the dog calendar was pretty similar to the 'pretentious lecturer' vibes, but goddamn if it wasn't a look, I wouldn't complain about seeing it again.
(Maybe I'm gay for men in tight sweaters and pants with glasses. sue me.)
That was almost my exact reasoning for what I picked. I wanted a tighter hoodie, with subtle rainbow shoes, and something other than black pants.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
shan
morning quiff

OMG it's actually happening! I didn't have any outfits prepared but... does this mean we get content of the D__ variety too??
Secretstanner
truth bomb

There’s so many joke outfits but I’m just doing things I want to see him in. I know mine won’t get picked because it’s not fun for a video so I’ll just show them here. Edit: on fleets it looks like he’s picking them out? I didn’t expect joint content or even hearing Dans voice but what’s the fun if he knows what he’s getting? Like this is the time to use another person. But okay
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

Honestly? This makes me sad, ngl. Oh well, I should’ve expected it.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I actually want him to make the selections this time. I'm curious what Phil will be drawn to, rather than what Dan wants to see him in. I feel like I don't know what sorts of things Phil might want to try out as fashion stretches, or what he thinks will be funny.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Is he really... going to do it alone?

Because that's way less fun. Surely he knows that?
noodlebum
flower crown

Come on Dan, at least be behind the camera laughing at his bad choices
shan
morning quiff

:(

At least he told us now instead of finding out when the video comes out I guess.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

shan wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:03 pm :(

At least he told us now instead of finding out when the video comes out I guess.
I am side eyeing his choice to announce it via Fleet instead of.. you know, tweeting it or saying it on IG stories, when more people would’ve seen it.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Maybe he really wants to change his look up and decided this is the easiest way? Idk but I always enjoy seeing people do clothing hauls so I’ll be entertained either way
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:06 pm Maybe he really wants to change his look up and decided this is the easiest way? Idk but I always enjoy seeing people do clothing hauls so I’ll be entertained either way
I'll definitely enjoy the video either way... and I'm glad people know now not to expect Dan so maybe we can all exorcise our frustration about it now and then be ready to just enjoy what Phil puts out when the video is actually here.
hello9217
flower crown

I do not mind a solo phil video but I'm so confused on when they decide they can do joint things and when they can't. Like dan can be a part of the trying to see things without my glasses vid or the steve video or speak in the background of an insta story or they can have a 20 minute talk about their fish but he can't be in this video even though it works so much better if phil doesn't know what he's getting. It's confusing because the reason the last one was so popular was because dan was phil's hype man. It was such a good dynamic and it worked. Glad he told us sooner rather than later though.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

I love a good clothes haul so I’m going to think of it like that. I really really am hoping it’s not in the seated area he films in. Maybe open the packages there and then model them in the living room like last time. Maybe this one can be a longer one since it’s going to be December? :shrug:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oooh update, it's a best of both worlds thing apparently!
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I thought Phil was the reliable one and yet he’s now the one giving me a headache.
madytastic
dank meme

i want phil in doc martens so bad
LAshleigh
cheeky #spon

Getting whiplash from the back and forth, but very excited for this video! I actually like that Phil will be picking some as well as Dan, especially seeing what Phil is drawn to vs Dan. Still doesn't mean Dan will be in/narrating the video, so I'm going to (try to) hold of hope on that until it happens.

I really love some of the outfits people have shared here! Of course I want to see a few off-the-wall things but really I just want to see some concept fashion that Phil ends up weirdly loving.
shan
morning quiff

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:41 pm Oooh update, it's a best of both worlds thing apparently!
JFC Phil :lol:

I'm sure I would have loved a solo Phil version (after getting over the initial disappointment) but I'm definitely much more hyped again!
casualsun
delia smith

Really hope he chooses some more serious outfits and not just joke ones! I wasn’t too amused by the joke outfits in the last video, it just seemed like cheap laughs to me. I wouldn’t mind some more outlandish fashion choices, but I don’t like complete jokes.

I actually am excited for Phil to choose some and Dan to choose some. I want Phil to pick something he is excited about!
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

The only pattern I eke out is Dan is in really special, non-personal videos, like the glasses video was the first "solo venture" video since officially coming out, and obviously the :straggy: video was special. He basically started a Wish series and Dan was with him in the first one (still can't get over the Nic Cage pants :garbage: .) And Phil's first ever live quiz show. The IG stories just seem really random/luck of the draw (for the most part). Maybe they spin a wheel of chance, lol. I wonder what would have happened if Phil easily broke 1-6M for the videos Dan was in/"in", if Dan would have been in more videos, but that's done and gone... and probably would not have happened

Exceptionally excited for the clothing video sequel, but not excited for viewers not appreciating Phil and his content and most commenting about Dan's absence, assuming Phil and/or Dan will find some way for Dan to not be present in any shape/form except for maybe allegedly looking at a silent Dan off-camera. And I hope he gets more good stuff he could actually wear, and doesn't get too many viewers wanting him to dress about half his age. Just ready for anything. :6-year-old dan: :thumbsup:
noodlebum
flower crown

This will be good as Phil can choose things he enjoys and maybe find some styles he likes the look of, and Dan can choose surprise joke outfits/costumes so all works out well :) Even if Dan isn't in the video the element of surprise is still there, as well as the opportunity for Phil to discover new fashion :)
glitterintheair
phillluminati

BrothAndBrine wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:16 am
Exceptionally excited for the clothing video sequel, but not excited for viewers not appreciating Phil and his content and most commenting about Dan's absence, assuming Phil and/or Dan will find some way for Dan to not be present in any shape/form except for maybe allegedly looking at a silent Dan off-camera.
I don’t think people are not appreciating Phil’s content (in this particular case), but it’s inevitable that people are gonna react to Phil making videos he used to make with Dan but without Dan. I mean, if Phil announced that he was gonna do a second mukbang ( I wish), everyone would be assuming that Dan was part of it too, because that’s what happened the first time.
Honestly, I also think that videos like Viewers Pick My Outfits worked well the first time because of Phil getting surprised with the clothes and Dan’s commentary. It was what made the video different from the similar ones that various youtubers did at the time. I am not saying that Phil wouldn’t be able to make a video like that enjoyable on his own, but I think that some videos work better when they are together.
liola
rankussy

Why are we assuming Dan will be present in commentary anyway? The tweet only talks about Dan helping choose some, with how things are going I'd be way more surprised if Dan was actually present behind the camera than not. Do I enjoy a dynamic where someone comments on the clothes rather than not? Obviously. But I'm sure it will be entertaining either way. I do agree with the sentiment that it's a bit tiring that the first reaction of many people is "ah finally, free real estate for some join content"

on my part, I'm so fucking excited to see Phil model again and see his long legs once again. Maybe we will be blessed and we'll see his ARMS. God what a joy that would be.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor