Dan & Phil Part 97: Arch enemies and Husbands

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
madzilla84
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

:o :o :o what does it mean?? It’s gonna be a very stressful time waiting for the video (assuming that’s when it is)!

I GOT THE BLANKET :D finally!! I do have the unweighted version from last year and it is *very* soft.

(Oh and they do have the xmas cards again, from last year!)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Amiaw
interactive introvert

So there’s an update on the site about the cards that says the design has been updated and some people will get the new cards. I wonder what that means
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Phil Christmas drop is amazing!!! I don’t have any money sadly so I can’t get a thing but I love it all. Winter in london :straggy: he knows his audience. I love when he uses artists for his merch and wish he would do it more. Glitch, last years Xmas, this years Xmas. All amazing designs. I hope if people have the means they can get everything they want.
rizzo wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:46 pm This bit from Dan's newsletter:
and some personal adventures that I'm sure someone named Phil will share with you soon.
:yippee:

I'm SCREECHING.
Christmas in the forever home :rainbowtears: dog in the forever home :rainbowtears: Christmas and dog in the forever home :rainbowtears:

I saw someone on Twitter quoted what Dan said about Phil in the Attitude mag. About wanting Phil to tell his own story. I don’t know if that is what he’s talking about. I’m fully expecting “we’ve moved” to be the announcements but you know. Come hit me over the head with a frying pan and knock me out cold boys.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Here's the full Dan email in case anyone doesn't get them and wants to see Dan words.
Dan wrote:Hello there everyone.

Can you believe this delightfully apocalyptic year is almost at an end? I've been burrowed deep in a cave of book design, dealing with exciting things like 'QUARTER-BINDINGS' and 'CORRECTING SPELLING MISTAKES' that, and some personal adventures that I'm sure someone named Phil will share with you soon.

As I've mentioned, 'You Will Get Through This Night' means a lot to me personally and as well as hopefully making you laugh and getting to know me on a deeper level, I really think it will help anyone who reads it to understand how their minds work and learn how to live happier! As we cross over the threshold into the terrifyingly futuristic sounding 2021, I look forward to leaking snippets of this book and my adventures in making it with you, I have a tingly feeling that it's going to be quite an exciting year. Apocalypse-pending.

I want to say thank you so much to all the people that have pre-ordered the book so far, I particularly appreciate your patience as apparently the process of printing onto a page takes a pillion years so you have to announce it like a year before it's actually out. We had no idea how fast our signed copies would fly away - so we're excited to bring the book back onto the store with a special offer just up to Christmas!

Anyone who pre-orders my book before the end of the year will get a very cool limited edition art card sent out to you now to say thanks for your support! This means that you can give the gift of a book pre-order, but have something physical to represent it and give to someone. The card is double-sided with a marvellously melodramatic photo of me brooding on one side, and my piece from the book announcement trailer about the vision of the book on the reverse. I hope you like it!

When the book is published next year, the book and the snazzy bookmark will magically make their way to you as well. Whether you want this for yourself, or as a gift to give someone else as a kind gesture that you care about their mental health - I really appreciate it.

As well as the book, there's some special offers for the (supposedly) snowy season such as the reversible Sequin Skull Sweater with a signed skeleton poster:

Perfect for maintaining the existential aesthetic in the winter months. There's only a few posters left!

Check out the store to see what other items may tickle your fancy for the festive period, such as scarves, weighted blankets and sarcastic socks. There's also a lot of vintage Dan and Phil gear that will only be around for a short time, some on some special deals. All the stores have combined to share a basket and shipping!

I really appreciate the support and excitement for future projects that I've seen from you all this year, hopefully I'll be able to share some more excitement with you soon - who knows maybe I will even see some of you in person. Apocalypse pending.

Thank you, and I hope things are going well.

- Dan
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

liola wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:01 pm Are y'all ready to finally leave our beautiful and cozy Moving Hill?

I just realized that there is a chance we might get some hints in the outfit video, after all Phil will need space to try on the clothes right? We will notice a new location, they must know this
I've been fairly certain this whole time that the outfit video will still happen in the filming flat since Phil still films there - so I haven't really been hopeful. But suddenly... Dan is making me think otherwise and I am not prepared for this.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I posted this on tumblr, but I think the text about the updated cards might be from last year’s site, when they changed from the original card to the newer one ... there’s also a listing for the 2019 dnp shoutout which isn’t a thing this year (aw), so I think some stuff carried over.

Dan mentions the vintage (sigh) dnp stuff will only be around for a short time, does that mean the end of that shop, perhaps?
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
liola
rankussy

rizzo wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:23 pm
liola wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:01 pm Are y'all ready to finally leave our beautiful and cozy Moving Hill?

I just realized that there is a chance we might get some hints in the outfit video, after all Phil will need space to try on the clothes right? We will notice a new location, they must know this
I've been fairly certain this whole time that the outfit video will still happen in the filming flat since Phil still films there - so I haven't really been hopeful. But suddenly... Dan is making me think otherwise and I am not prepared for this.
See I'm ready to be proven wrong but I just can't imagine them keeping the filming flat since the only use is of one room that Phil uses maybe twice a month? Especially once they moved, and with how lazy he is (he would literally start doing liveshows in the living flat bc he was too lazy to go downstairs) I don't see him going to the trouble of taking the tube/taxi/walking around the city to go film in a room for one hour when they surely can afford a place with one spare room to do so?
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:21 pm Here's the full Dan email in case anyone doesn't get them and wants to see Dan words.
Dan wrote:Hello there everyone.

I want to say thank you so much to all the people that have pre-ordered the book so far, I particularly appreciate your patience as apparently the process of printing onto a page takes a pillion years so you have to announce it like a year before it's actually out. We had no idea how fast our signed copies would fly away - so we're excited to bring the book back onto the store with a special offer just up to Christmas!

- Dan
I'm assuming this is an original typo? lmao

That's. Our. Dan.

I know they go over and over before publishing but first to find a typo in the book should get a prize.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
shan
morning quiff

lefthandedism wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:52 pm Merch question: Has anyone gotten the weighted blanket, and if so, can you describe it? Do you like it?

https://us.danandphilshop.com/collectio ... ed-blanket
I have a weighted blanket from a different company but the same weight. I found it really effective at first but after about a week I got use to it and didn't notice the weight anymore. If you want it as a once in a while thing or for naps, it's great but as an every night thing I think they're a bit overrated.
noodlebum
flower crown

Does anyone have the hidden fox jumper and can tell me if it comes up big/small/just right, especially compared to the UK sizes? I'm a size 8 usually but unsure about getting small or medium.

Also ahhhhh personal joint adventures I'm so excited, it has to be moving surely. Reckon that bath fizzer instastory was definitely filmed a while ago
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

noodlebum wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:40 pm Does anyone have the hidden fox jumper and can tell me if it comes up big/small/just right, especially compared to the UK sizes? I'm a size 8 usually but unsure about getting small or medium.

Also ahhhhh personal joint adventures I'm so excited, it has to be moving surely. Reckon that bath fizzer instastory was definitely filmed a while ago
I have it - I think it depends on your body type. I'm 5'2" with a large chest and got a large. It was both too tight around the boobs but also way, way too long. It looks made for someone with Phil's body type - longer and lankier.
noodlebum
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:58 pm
noodlebum wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:40 pm Does anyone have the hidden fox jumper and can tell me if it comes up big/small/just right, especially compared to the UK sizes? I'm a size 8 usually but unsure about getting small or medium.

I have it - I think it depends on your body type. I'm 5'2" with a large chest and got a large. It was both too tight around the boobs but also way, way too long. It looks made for someone with Phil's body type - longer and lankier.
Ah, I'm 5ft with a fairly small chest and a very short torso - it's going to be a maxi dress :lol:
casualsun
delia smith

Aah, so excited! It seems like moving has finally come. I doubt we’ll get to see much of their new place (if any) but I want to know so badly! In the city? Suburbs? Did they actually buy this time or are they still renting (please no)?
autumnhearth
senpai

noodlebum wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:01 am

Ah, I'm 5ft with a fairly small chest and a very short torso - it's going to be a maxi dress :lol:
Its also very narrow with no give on the bottom band, that combined with the length makes it tight on the hips.

Cute merch line, though I’m not buying anything.

:lilheart: :foreverhome: :lilheart: :foreverhome: :lilheart: :foreverhome: :lilheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

For anyone that missed this earlier (like me, whoops)
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:09 am For anyone that missed this earlier (like me, whoops)
Thanks for posting this! Not to trigger anyone, but it does make me so happy that Dan’s voice was in that. But it sure is annoying that we usually get “joint content” when they’re selling us something.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
noodlebum
flower crown

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:55 am
noodlebum wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:01 am

Its also very narrow with no give on the bottom band, that combined with the length makes it tight on the hips.

Cute merch line, though I’m not buying anything.

:lilheart: :foreverhome: :lilheart: :foreverhome: :lilheart: :foreverhome: :lilheart:
Hmm, tempted to see if I can ask my someone to do a bit of DIY on it if so, cutting some slits into the sides :hmmm:

I'm thinking they've actually bought somewhere, still in London but a bit further out/suburbs, and an actual house :ribena: maybe even a do-it-upper, the way it's referred to as an adventure...
kavat
pastel persona

Probable scenario: they've bought a place and they won't show much of it because they are private people.

Dream scenario: they've bought a fixer-upper and have been filming that house flip show that fell through years ago and it's being released on a streaming platform somewhere.

A girl can dream 🏡
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I think a video about a new filming setup with a possible hint for future streaming,, I don't expect a tour maybe a few non identifying photos of some fancy fixtures. I'd secretly love to see the butt chair in a skip.
shan
morning quiff

I don't know how to link things from twitter but do you think the reply about using the skills they learned from the Sims means they've designed their dream home?? I feel like a new build might make more sense with the timing because this year would be a hell of a time to go house hunting.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

kavat wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:36 pm Dream scenario: they've bought a fixer-upper and have been filming that house flip show that fell through years ago and it's being released on a streaming platform somewhere.
I'm not gonna cry if that doesn't happen but I will possibly explode with joy if it does.
kavat
pastel persona

:foreverhome: :foreverhome: :foreverhome:
noodlebum
flower crown

shan wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:19 pm I don't know how to link things from twitter but do you think the reply about using the skills they learned from the Sims means they've designed their dream home?? I feel like a new build might make more sense with the timing because this year would be a hell of a time to go house hunting.
For sure!!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

New build also means no one's ever gonna find it which ALSO means they could potentially film inside without fear or issue? And like... y'all????? I'll lose my shit with excitement.

:ravetree:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

MOVING HILL PHANNIES WE WON

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr