Dan & Phil Part 97: Arch enemies and Husbands

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

I downloaded the Stereo app and Phil has done a 45 chat thing with “Rosie” which can be found here
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

It's gonna be real awkward for this fandom if Dan's not a guest, but I think I'm emotionally prepared for that?

Regardless, I'm SO EXCITED for this?!?! Seth Everman is all I need to get me through the holidays. And Phil too, I guess.
hello9217
flower crown

Totally not getting my hopes up that dan is one of the guests and that’s how Phil will announce these “personal adventures.” .... no way, not me....
liola
rankussy

Am I excited and happy that we're getting some live Phil content? Absolutely

But boy give me 2 minutes to complain CAN THEY STOP PARTNERING WITH SHITTY APPS god I thought Rize and Younow were the peak but no God the UI/UX design of this thing is absolute shit there's no onboarding there's no direction AND WHY DO RANDOM PEOPLE I DONT FOLLOW JUST START TALKING WITH NO WARNING WHEN I OPEN IT WHERE ARE THR SETTINGS PHIL IS THE MONEY REALLY WORTH ITT
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

This is going to make me unpopular but whatever:

I hope Dan doesn’t do one. Dan has his book and that will be his solo thing and I hope Phil keeps this as just his.

I’m sorry don’t come for me but their content is separate now and I hope one day people won’t ask for the other one to be present when they do something.

You can all ask me to leave now 😂
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Woahhhhh I was very much not expecting this. We get more Phil??? Interacting with other people??? In the year 2020??? I am SO excited!
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

liola wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:13 pm Am I excited and happy that we're getting some live Phil content? Absolutely

But boy give me 2 minutes to complain CAN THEY STOP PARTNERING WITH SHITTY APPS god I thought Rize and Younow were the peak but no God the UI/UX design of this thing is absolute shit there's no onboarding there's no direction AND WHY DO RANDOM PEOPLE I DONT FOLLOW JUST START TALKING WITH NO WARNING WHEN I OPEN IT WHERE ARE THR SETTINGS PHIL IS THE MONEY REALLY WORTH ITT
My absolute train of thought dragging my ass to the app store to download another random shitty streaming type app for this man. At least the quiz one actually worked on desktop okay even though it was funky... I don't like using my phone for most things (is this 'cause I'm old? I'm not even old) I deeply despise things that start autoplaying audio. At least it stays off once you turn it off.

If there's a Dan guesting I will enjoy it and be happy about it, if there's just other people I will enjoy it and be happy with it too, honestly I'm totally down for either. I am quite looking forward to hearing Phil and Seth Everman chat. Also am I missing something or is it just an audio thing? I'm not mad about that, tbh I think it will be interesting and maybe sew threads of future podcasty ness which would be cool.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

All but the last ten minutes of the very short-lived Stereo recording between Phil and Rosie. (Whoever Rosie is. Seriously, who is she? Because she's kind of adorable in this.)

madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I'd be lying if I said I didn't hope Dan was one of the other three, but I'm not expecting it because it's 2020, after all. From what we know so far it seems like it'd be an ideal opportunity for them to have a chat - audio only, casual, structured maybe? - yes there's the video highlights afterwards but Phil has control of the editing of that ... it wouldn't have to be a Duo Thing, just a nice chance to catch up at Xmas as it's been a long time (for us). (And he has a book to plug, after all.) But, as I say, I'm not getting or keeping my hopes up, and it'll be a nice surprise if it happens.

A lot of people have suggested PJ for one of the other 3, and I agree. That'd be awesome :) Lots of possibilities for the other two!
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

madzilla84 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:36 pm I'd be lying if I said I didn't hope Dan was one of the other three, but I'm not expecting it because it's 2020, after all. From what we know so far it seems like it'd be an ideal opportunity for them to have a chat - audio only, casual, structured maybe? - yes there's the video highlights afterwards but Phil has control of the editing of that ... it wouldn't have to be a Duo Thing, just a nice chance to catch up at Xmas as it's been a long time (for us). (And he has a book to plug, after all.) But, as I say, I'm not getting or keeping my hopes up, and it'll be a nice surprise if it happens.

A lot of people have suggested PJ for one of the other 3, and I agree. That'd be awesome :) Lots of possibilities for the other two!
Yes! I would love PJ to be a guest. He and Phil really vibe together.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

My dream list of the other three: Safiya, Tyler Oakley, Dan.

I just really love the kind of person Tyler has turned into and I think they could have a fascinating conversation about being out vs being closeted in that era of youtube, plus just generally have a sweet compatibility.
shan
morning quiff

5 weeks of guaranteed extended Phil content?! At least 2020 is doing something to end on a good note! I'm really interested in the Seth Everman one and fingers crossed we get a PJ week in there too. I'd obviously love it to end with a surprise Dan but I'm keeping my expectations low for that one.

Do we think this might also be a trial run for a potential podcast or purely because he got a deal with this app? I'd be really interested in a more conversational side of Phil + guests.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:33 pm All but the last ten minutes of the very short-lived Stereo recording between Phil and Rosie. (Whoever Rosie is. Seriously, who is she? Because she's kind of adorable in this.)

I’m pretty sure she’s from this video:

"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
shan
morning quiff

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:33 pm All but the last ten minutes of the very short-lived Stereo recording between Phil and Rosie. (Whoever Rosie is. Seriously, who is she? Because she's kind of adorable in this.)

I've just started listening to this and I've already found a new favourite Phil quote:

"I think horses can be quite scary in the night time. I'm not scared of them in the daytime but imagine if you woke up and there was a horse in your room. That's quite sinister for some reason".

Wow Phil :lol:
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

//a little negative petty opinion incoming..

Sigh... seriously why can't Phil just stream on youtube? Why download yet another app?? That's such a hassle. That check better be huge bc oh my god...

With that being said, this looks like fun. Idk if I want Dan anywhere near this stream; maybe I'm already at the stage of acceptance, and want them to do their own things separately :shrug:
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
shan
morning quiff

The practise stream using the app was actually really interesting. I liked the ability for listeners to join in on the conversation by recording little voice clips but I don't see that feature being very functional for Phil's scheduled liveshows. I imagine the number of listeners trying to interact would be extreme and very difficult to manage.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Susanisnotafish wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:55 am
I’m pretty sure she’s from this video:
I don't think this is the same Rosie? Her account name is Rosie Snell, the Rosie in the Christmas video is Rosie Spaughton of Rose and Rosie. Honestly I would love to see Rose and Rosie do smth with (Dan and/or just) Phil, I used to watch them years ago as a baby gay and the pure chaotic entertainer energy that those 3(4) possess would be off the charts.

Also 'swan bumps- bigger than goose bumps' lmao I love Phil.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Listened to the practice stream and I love Rosie. I’m assuming she’s already a user of the site/app. They are both so enjoyable. Things I didn’t like was when someone would send a question or message it would mute Phil/Rosie and cover them with the sound. Didn’t like that at all.

I don’t really have an opinion if I want Dan to do one. I love them together obviously but I’m use to them not interacting. Cool if he does one. No difference if he didn’t :shrug: I think since they have no idea what the questions are I doubt Dan will be joining. It would be a complete shit show and I’m kind of anxious for fans not to take this too far. I have faith in us but it only takes one person to cross the line. In this stream there was 15 people. How will he/guess cope with a couple thousand sending them in. We’re all just going to be listening to message dings. I’m excited for tomorrow and I really hope this is better than rize liveshows because... :? I’m excited for Phil/Seth and I’m hoping for pj because they have good chemistry. I hope Phil can hold his own in tomorrow’s show and not let it get taken over.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I had feeling Rosie is a Stereo employee or something and yeah, she's an employee of EyeLinkMedia which operates Stereo (according to Stereo's website). I think this was kind of a testrun to test out the app and not necessarily meant for the public.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
firsttimeposter
living flop

uh this is literally so exciting. I’m especially excited for Louise and phil content, they’ve always had the most fun chemistry imo. Obviously hoping dan will be a guest as well, though this app is a great opportunity to communicate w people you don’t literally live with lmao.
noodlebum
flower crown

So there's no chance I'm getting this app, my phone gets upset if I use zoom/teams with 3 people on it! Is the full audio stream going to be uploaded on YouTube too or just an edited down video version? I mean I guess others might manage to record the audio for upload... Either way I'll just be on YouTube for it for sure.
I'm excited for this! Always love Louise with either of them. I'd also love PJ to be one of the other guests, and of course Dan but who knows, doubtful.

It's a good idea except the app but :money:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I would love Tyler to be on, because I too love how amazing he turned out to be but hm, I doubt it will happen. I think the other three guests will be PJ, Arden Rose (and Will?) and someone else like Tomska or maybe John Salomone? I am not putting Dan on the list because it’s 2020 and I know better - unless we’re talking about Dan Brown or Dan Reynolds or Dan Levy. In that case.. yeah I can see that.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
noodlebum
flower crown

Oh yes they're all good shouts!
kavat
pastel persona

Oh I really thought it was Rosie from Rose & Rosie. I guess not. They were also on Rize if I remember correctly so it's where my mind went.

I think this will be really fun and I look forward to having guaranteed Phil content for the next few weeks. I'm really looking forward to the one with Seth and seeing how they interact (remember how Seth used to thirst over Dan on tumblr? That was fun).

But I'm rolling my eyes so deep at this being on a yet another streaming app. All of these tech startups must have so much money to spend on established names.

ETA because Dan breathed but i don't know what this means :shrug:
sleepyshark
first-time poster

kavat wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:24 am
ETA because Dan breathed but i don't know what this means :shrug:
Dan's tweet is just a joke about formula 1. The driver he's responding to (George) made a powerpoint presentation a couple of years ago to convince his team to sign him, which F1 fans found quite funny because that isn't something drivers would usually do. Now George has been chosen to replace lewis hamilton for a weekend in mercedes (the best team by far), so Dan is just saying that he must have made a really good powerpoint again to convince mercedes to let him race with them.