Dan & Phil Part 97: Arch enemies and Husbands

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

UNCLE DAN AND UNCLE PHIL

iamcornelia wrote:Wanted to share some wonderful news with you all. This month Martyn and I will be expecting our baby. It’s been quite a journey to get here, so we wanted to wait to tell you until we were ready. We are really excited and can’t wait for our new life to begin.
feenix
squish
Pronouns: she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:29 pm UNCLE DAN AND UNCLE PHIL

iamcornelia wrote:Wanted to share some wonderful news with you all. This month Martyn and I will be expecting our baby. It’s been quite a journey to get here, so we wanted to wait to tell you until we were ready. We are really excited and can’t wait for our new life to begin.
Noooooo this is way too cute I'm so excited for Cornelia and Martyn!!! And for Deppy too, getting to be uncles, I'm emotional
shan
morning quiff

OMG a baby Lester! 2020 really is ending on the first good notes of the year!
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I know we're not getting a gamingmas this year, but the flood of stuff (uncles! house! dan saying he has plans for his channel in 2021! beard video! viewers pick my outfits video! livestreams!) almost makes me feel like... it's a 2020 version of gamingmas.
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella
Pronouns: She/her

plinthofmylife wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:56 pm I know we're not getting a gamingmas this year, but the flood of stuff (uncles! house! dan saying he has plans for his channel in 2021! beard video! viewers pick my outfits video! livestreams!) almost makes me feel like... it's a 2020 version of gamingmas.
:ravetree:
I completely agree, suddenly this year seems to have picked up, there's a sense of hope, optimism for the future
It might be the xmassy vibes but I think the news of the vaccine rollout beginning in some countries and the nearness to 2020 being over means a lot of the spaces on the internet which have been either silent, doom and gloom, or just scraping together bare minimum content are getting their mojo back and I'm loving it!
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Kath must be exhilarated tbh.

I'm so excited for them, this is such lovely news!!
autumnhearth
senpai

We’re only half way through this thread, but the next thread title has to have Uncle Dan and Uncle Phil worked into it somehow. So happy for everyone, what a good day!
gnostic
stress mushroom

Can someone catch me up on why everyone is so sure Danny and Philip are buying a house? I went back some pages but couldn't find it
Just here for the marketing skills
liola
rankussy

gnostic wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:07 pm Can someone catch me up on why everyone is so sure Danny and Philip are buying a house? I went back some pages but couldn't find it
Because if we stay on Moving Hill one more year we gonna have an election for Mayor and being the one and only has to be my legacy

No but really it's because their lease for living apt was up and the idea of them keep renting when they have the money to buy something is just ridiculous. Plus Dan's personal adventure comment and the Sims skill coming handy all hint to a move with some renovation and a more permanent place aka buying.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Ahhhh I am so excited for Martyn and Cornelia (and Kath and Nigel and Phil and Dan) <3
scientia
phabergé

liola wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:16 pm
gnostic wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:07 pm Can someone catch me up on why everyone is so sure Danny and Philip are buying a house? I went back some pages but couldn't find it
Because if we stay on Moving Hill one more year we gonna have an election for Mayor and being the one and only has to be my legacy

No but really it's because their lease for living apt was up and the idea of them keep renting when they have the money to buy something is just ridiculous. Plus Dan's personal adventure comment and the Sims skill coming handy all hint to a move with some renovation and a more permanent place aka buying.
I’m firmly planted on Moving Hill, but this just made me wonder - what if the Sims skill Dan was referring to was the Writing skill from TS4? Like for his book? But then why would he say that Phil would be mentioning it soon? Never mind me, just finding ways to occupy the last 15 minutes of work :ravetree:
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

It does excite me to feel like there's actually a few fun and good things on the horizon to look forward to. God knows we're all needing some of those. I also had the thought today that it's funny how life seems to like to dump things on you all at once, I mean not that deppy haven't been doing/working on anything recently, that's def not the case but suddenly things they've been working on are really taking off/being released and they're trying to move at the same time. Life just hits you like that sometimes I guess.

I'm so happy for Cornelia and Martyn and also the possibility for future (maybe a while given covid but still) uncle deppy content/pictures with the baby has me in a puddle just thinking about it. :rainbowtears:

Also Dan being a little more active makes me a tiny (and I mean like... very small) bit hopeful that he might post something about his favourite albums of the year on insta stories. I've really enjoyed and even gotten into some artists through his lists the last two years and I'm curious to see what he was listening to this year. I mean I'm fairly sure of some albums he's probably enjoyed (KiCk i, SAWAYAMA, maybe how i'm feeling now) but I would be interested in knowing.
Following onto this, I had the thought that I've occasionally making a playlist of Dan's songs/albums that he's posted about, but never gotten around to it but especially if it's something people on here would be interested in, I would be happy (or maybe more motivated) to cook something up.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Your timing lol

(Only one song, but still!!)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

inanerat wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:48 pm Following onto this, I had the thought that I've occasionally making a playlist of Dan's songs/albums that he's posted about, but never gotten around to it but especially if it's something people on here would be interested in, I would be happy (or maybe more motivated) to cook something up.
I would love to see something like this! I've never paid enough attention to listen to the songs/albums he posts about but if they were in easy playlist form I would click on it lol. No pressure though!
noodlebum
flower crown

But what if the Sims was preparing them for unclehood 🧐🧐🧐
inanerat
eclipse shirt

madzilla84 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:52 pm Your timing lol

(Only one song, but still!!)
lmao apparently Dan and I are on the same wavelength that it's stan Arca day.
Phantasy
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:29 pm UNCLE DAN AND UNCLE PHIL

This just has me giddy. And can we take a moment to appreciate the classic Victorian portrait pose—somehow that’s so fitting for them. And here I thought the best sibling news we’d get all year was Adrian’s damn pet cat. :P
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Tornbetweenfandoms wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:04 pm means a lot of the spaces on the internet which have been either silent, doom and gloom, or just scraping together bare minimum content are getting their mojo back and I'm loving it!
100% feeling this. I've seen several vloggers that have started to put out content again (Dina Tokio, Louise Pentland) and said "I'm really getting this back up in 2021" or podcasts that have started to put content out again.

I work in the intersection of broadcast/digital so producing broadcast never gets a break for me since you have to keep those radiowaves full, but we took a pause on a lot of digital content/campaigns that we were working on over the second half of the year. It was pretty much only in October I started to see brand deals that were paused in March/April start to come back, and I waited until October to launch a merch product that was originally planned for April (due to delays in supply chain/feeling like it wasn't appropriate to market, etc)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Good morning is it just me or was yesterday a really weird day? I think I'm still processing.

I'm guessing this is what Cornelia's soul searching last year and talk of doctors appointments earlier this year was about? I am so fucking happy for them and also keep thinking that it's probably such a strange experience to be having a baby in this specific world we're living in right now. The first time they get to be together as a full family, grandparents and uncles and all, will probably feel so magical to them all.
kavat
pastel persona

I'm so happy for them! Corn Baby! The picture is so wonderful and I adore their home. So lovely. :cheer:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

inanerat
eclipse shirt

Ok I have no self control here's some Dan music stuff:
List of Dan's top albums of the last 2 years:

2018-
KIDS SEE GHOSTS- KIDS SEE GHOSTS
Janelle Monáe- Dirty Computer
BROCKHAMPTON- iridescence
SOPHIE- OIL OF EVERY PEARL’S UN-INSIDES
ROSALÍA- El Mal Querer
Travis Scott- ASTROWORLD
Troye Sivan- Bloom
Christine and the Queens- Chris
Earl Sweatshirt- Some Rap Songs
ionnalee- EVERYONE AFRAID TO BE FORGOTTEN

2019-
Charli XCX- Charli
Tyler, The Creator- IGOR
FKA twigs- MAGDALENE
Richard Dawson- 2020
slowthai- Nothing Great About Britain
Little Simz- GREY Area
JPEGMAFIA- All My Heroes Are Cornballs
BROCKHAMPTON- GINGER
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard- Infest The Rats’ Nest
Solange- When I Get Home

And here's a playlist with the most popular songs from each of those albums (in the order that they are listed in) with a few added songs from albums that are also personal big favs of mine. If he posts a 2020 list, I'll add to it then (the last two years he posted his list on the 31st. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2EYhX ... vZQbAObWiw

Random note on Dan's top song of this year being Arca's @@@@@, that song is 62 mins long I feel like he must listen to it while just chilling out doing something else or working (writing?!) to have listened to it enough times for it to be top song.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Well. It's a video!

glitterintheair
phillluminati

Is Phil out of his mind? Using a title like that? I almost had a stroke.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Dnptrash237
not a first-time poster

I truly think the video was fun and that Louise really rolled with the punches and surprises that Phil came out with. Yes, I wish they were gay stories but Phil’s dating stories with women are still valid experiences and we all learned things we didn’t know. I enjoyed it and I like that he’s trying something new 🤷🏻‍♀️