Dan & Phil Part 97: Arch enemies and Husbands

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I wonder why they’d have their ps5 hooked up to a smaller tv. I’m still not convinced they live there but it could be possible. I just wonder where Norman is and what they did with their other furniture
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

this stereo show is literally everything i've ever wanted out of a conversation with phil and martyn.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

I had never heard much of Martyn’s voice before and it is different than I was imagining. I knew he sounded northern, but I was surprised his voice is so much higher than Phil’s. I guess he sounds a lot like younger Phil. I look forward to the video! I wish it could have been an hour instead of 45 mins. I really hope and have faith that the last guest will be Dan. I think it will be, and Dan will reveal whatever he is doing on YouTube in 2021. I hope it’s early 2021 and not just after the book comes out.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
shan
morning quiff

I made a post that must have got lost in the site shutdown but between the PS5 and the London Lockdown, I really don't see the filming flat being somewhere they travel to a few times a week purely for filming purposes. Unless the new place is in walking distance of the filming flat, I think it must now be the intermediate living flat while forever home is still not quite ready. I can't imagine people who were hesitant to have a photographer over suddenly catching public transport, ubers etc. to a seperate filming location given the current state of COVID in London.

I also can't see why they'd bother dressing up the filming flat if they weren't staying there. It just leads to more questions after the VPMO2 that they probably wouldn't want to address until they're actually in the new place.

Onto Martyn's stereo, it was fantastic! Best show so far, it was so lovely hearing them together. I can't wait to watch the video as well!
gnostic
stress mushroom

Outside perspectives are so interesting because it would be weird to me that someone DOESN'T call their partner dude, bro or bud lol
Just here for the marketing skills
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm so excited to listen back to the show - I'm going to continue what I've been doing and wait until Phil has posted his video before I put the full one up, just because it feels less infringing that way, but omg. I'm definitely doing timestamps, too.

But first impressions: I loved Martyn talking about the baby and sleep deprivation. I loved how he pulled no punches with Phil, like immediately pointing out when Phil was changing the rules of a game to suit him. I fucking died at some of the sibling stories. Phil sounds like a complete terror. I love the mentions of Dan and how comfortable they were. I loved hearing a little about IRL and just them talking about owning their business. I loved Martyn's answer to 'why is the moon round' and when he cracked up laughing. I cannot WAIT to see visuals for some of these things.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Dan possibly being the last guest would almost feel too good to be true and akin to fan service at this point. Really not getting my hopes up (honestly Dan’s involvement in the last video was already more than I expected). Though Phil’s built up some momentum now, each Stereo show improving upon the last, so hoping for an epic conclusion either way.
shan
morning quiff

Phantasy wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:52 pm Dan possibly being the last guest would almost feel too good to be true and akin to fan service at this point. Really not getting my hopes up (honestly Dan’s involvement in the last video was already more than I expected). Though Phil’s built up some momentum now, each Stereo show improving upon the last, so hoping for an epic conclusion either way.
I'll admit my hopes are high despite my best efforts to keep them suppressed. I can't think of who else it could be at this point! Except after Martyn I guess there's always a chance of Phil's mum :lol:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

There's part of me that's like, come on, who *else* could it be but Dan? I mean, how can he have a series called Phil and Phriends without his best friend? Buuut then there's another, more realistic, more inured-to-disappointment part of me that says it's pretty unlikely, and that it really will be his mum, or his accountant, or Janice from the shop, or Norman, or literally anyone else... but I can still hope ... it would just be the *most* perfect way to end the series and the year. :festivedeppy:

Tonight's was wonderful, though! I loved listening to them and am so looking forward to the video. :D And yesterday's video as well, man, I was just *so* happy watching it. It's been so long. :happytears:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
dontpanic
#relatable

Maybe the next guest will be that secret wife of Phil's. whatever happened to her? Maybe they'll tell the story of how he broke the news to her that they were in a lavender marriage.
helvetica
sofa crease

The outfit video was sooo good! I missed hearing Dan’s howler monkey laugh lmao. Since basically all we’ve been hearing about is his serious new mental health book it’s nice to know he’s still his goofy and inappropriate self as well.

The baby is adorable and I’m glad that Martyn and Cornelia are all safe although I’m sure it’s hard to be away from family and friends as much as they have to be.
noodlebum
flower crown

PJ put up a funny photo on his instastories of Dan's face on a lighter, where it looks like he's tipping his hat when you open the top, I love it
autumnhearth
senpai

noodlebum wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:36 am PJ put up a funny photo on his instastories of Dan's face on a lighter, where it looks like he's tipping his hat when you open the top, I love it
He shared it a couple years ago on its own (the current story has several other “cursed” images.) I love the caption above.

My post from the other evening was gobbled up but I loved the outfits vid. When I first watched it, it felt too short, but it’s actually 4 min longer than the first. I love that Phil showed off his current fashion at the beginning.

Also 100% on team interim apartment and yes, I’m amused by it. The lighting really enhanced Phil’s vid and the resulting gifs. Though the Wirrow foxes painting is ill suited to that vertical dark wood panel. Where for art thou Muse poster?

Can someone who listened to yesterday’s Stereo confirm that Phil said he is putting out one more segment before the New Year, but after Christmas? I never thought it would be Dan until he announced Martyn with one more left. I’d hop in the clown car, but ya know social distancing and all that :festivedeppy:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:19 pm Can someone who listened to yesterday’s Stereo confirm that Phil said he is putting out one more segment before the New Year, but after Christmas? I never thought it would be Dan until he announced Martyn with one more left. I’d hop in the clown car, but ya know social distancing and all that :festivedeppy:
Exact quote: "And also, this is the last stereo before the festive fiesta, whatever anyone is you're doing."
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Yesterday’s Stereo could have been an hour of Phil and Martyn laughing and I would have been satisfied. They’re both just so pleasant together
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

I'm kind of dissapointed in myself that I missed the exact day anniversary of this but this video is 10 years old this year! It is one of my faves that I return to in the holiday season. I have a real soft spot for videos of young gays assembling furniture and goofing around.

Also idk what Dan was on the first night this was filmed but he's really something.

Side note I had an odd thought from Phil's mention of having a zoom christmas with family, I assume Dan (and the rest of the Christmas-celebrating world tbh) will do something similar, and I wonder if in an odd way it will be the first time Phil would do any Christmas stuff with Dan's family, even if he just popped in and said hi.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I got my merch in and god this candle may actually be my favorite candle scent ever. At least favorite festive candle scent. It's definitely not for you if you don't like peppermint mochas, but she managed to mimic the scent so well. It's absolutely delicious.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

OOOH MORE HOLIDAY CONTENT FOR US

LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Aww, that honestly made my Christmas Eve so much better. So wholesome. So comfortable. So happy.

I don't want to say I think the last one must be Dan. But, like, these Stereo chats just keep getting better and better. Who else could it be?? I won't be disappointed if it's someone else that somehow beats Martyn, but like, what else could that even be??
scientia
phabergé

Just had a thought - maybe he’ll keep the family theme going and have his mum on the final one? I know that’s even less likely than Dan but just speculating!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

:epictree: :lights: Merry Christmas everyone :lights: :epictree:

Despite the circumstances this year, I hope everyone gets to have a little moment of celebration today.

And for those who don't celebrate, I hope you have a lovely day too <3

Phil gave us a, uhm, present? Or a nightmare...
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

More presents!
I got a gummy worm.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan took pity and gave us an actual present! :stan:
Who knew that a global pandemic is all it would take for us to finally get a Christmas Couple Selfie :festivedeppy:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Dan: *posts cute joint selfie and slightly silly joint selfie*
Phil: *posts horrifying buff reindeer(?) filter*

The duality of man husbands
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
Philena
blobfish

Catallena wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:54 pm Dan took pity and gave us an actual present! :stan:
Who knew that a global pandemic is all it would take for us to finally get a Christmas Couple Selfie :festivedeppy:
I love their love! Happy xmas to all of us! :festivedeppy: <3