Dan & Phil Part 97: Arch enemies and Husbands

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

Scout wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:08 am Did I hallucinate or did Dan say Phil “doesn’t like poppers” after Phil said he doesn’t like popping candy I-
TBH "Did I hallucinate or did Dan say..." is really the theme of this entire liveshow.

Like...did they say joint content in the future is inevitable, DAPG isn't dead, Dan called Phil honey, Phil talked about lubing up Dan's feet, they're buying a forever home, they made BDSM jokes, they might get a dog, they have several projects going on...

...or did I just hallucinate?
shan
morning quiff

snoopysadie wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:10 am I am so hyped I'm listening again (also I had to leave early because of a work thing).

Can we, please, talk about 2 things:
1. The sexual innuendos about the bathtub and Phil's mouth.... I hate him sm. It's the top or bottom thing all over again. He knows what he's fucking doing.

2. Anyone caught what the frick frack Dan meant when he was fast forwarding through their lives after the forever home announcement... and he said... something about their grandson?
It was a reference to the Sims series, Dil was their 'son' so Dab was their grandson who moved to the city with his boyfriend.

I'm listening to it again at work because I'm far too impatient to wait for the video and I can't stop smiling. I still can't believe this Stereo happened and I'm so so happy for them! I hope we get at least a little peek around the forever home when they move in :foreverhome:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

plinthofmylife wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:25 am
Scout wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:08 am Did I hallucinate or did Dan say Phil “doesn’t like poppers” after Phil said he doesn’t like popping candy I-
TBH "Did I hallucinate or did Dan say..." is really the theme of this entire liveshow.

Like...did they say joint content in the future is inevitable, DAPG isn't dead, Dan called Phil honey, Phil talked about lubing up Dan's feet, they're buying a forever home, they made BDSM jokes, they might get a dog, they have several projects going on...

...or did I just hallucinate?
I know I listened to it all in the show already (twice) but I keep being absolutely startled by people putting multiple things Dan and Phil said together in the same sentence. It feels like TOO MUCH but in the best way possible.
shan
morning quiff

Omg I forgot Phil saying in a really whiney voice that he wants to be a crisis twink :lol:
scientia
phabergé

snoopysadie wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:10 am I am so hyped I'm listening again (also I had to leave early because of a work thing).

1. The sexual innuendos about the bathtub and Phil's mouth.... I hate him sm. It's the top or bottom thing all over again. He knows what he's fucking doing.

2. Anyone caught what the frick frack Dan meant when he was fast forwarding through their lives after the forever home announcement... and he said... something about their grandson?
Truly I despise Dan and how he’s instantly revived my weird degradation kink when it comes to them interacting. He knows exactly what he’s doing and I hate-love him for it.

As someone who struggled to be neutral on moving hill, I am so so happy for those who called it from day 1 alll the way back in 2017
shan
morning quiff

Does anyone have any guesses about who the rude band they interviewed on Radio 1 was?
dontpanic
#relatable

shan wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:41 am Does anyone have any guesses about who the rude band they interviewed on Radio 1 was?
I was looking through the bands they interviewed and while I have absolutely nothing to back this up, my unsolicited guess is The Vamps, but that's probably due to my petty dislike of them and the fact that I always got a sort of lowkey sexist vibe from them... although it's been so long since I've even thought about them I can't remember why.

I wish dan would have just said, I'm such a sucker for industry gossip :(
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

you did not hallucinate he 100% made this joke :lol: shortly after as Phil tried to refocus the conversation to the candy and how he doesn't like it because he doesn't like how it feels in his mouth, Dan made some other little suggestive comment/reaction to that iirc.

that's. our. dan.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
casualsun
delia smith

Wow I am so happy and emotional rn. I’ve been following deppy since 2011 and it is wild to have watched them go from awkward best friends/boyfriends, to downplaying their friendship, to finally embracing it and building an empire, to building a house together and moving in and joking so freely on a liveshow! I knew in my soul that they would build their own house, that is such a deppy thing to do. And now no one can stalk them. I hope it is beautiful and everything they dreamed of.

I can’t believe they told us so much about their projects. They are being so open? So honest? After silence for so long.
shan
morning quiff

dontpanic wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:02 am
shan wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:41 am Does anyone have any guesses about who the rude band they interviewed on Radio 1 was?
I was looking through the bands they interviewed and while I have absolutely nothing to back this up, my unsolicited guess is The Vamps, but that's probably due to my petty dislike of them and the fact that I always got a sort of lowkey sexist vibe from them... although it's been so long since I've even thought about them I can't remember why.

I wish dan would have just said, I'm such a sucker for industry gossip :(
I just watched the interview and I could definitely see it being them. They seem to project a 'famous too young' diva aura. I also don't think it'd be anyone too big since I'm sure the producers would put up with a lot to get interviews with big name artists. Saying you'd never have them on the show again sounds like a new act to me.

I really wish they would have just let it slip too, this is going to drive me crazy :lol:
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

shan wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:27 am

It was a reference to the Sims series, Dil was their 'son' so Dab was their grandson who moved to the city with his boyfriend.

I'm listening to it again at work because I'm far too impatient to wait for the video and I can't stop smiling. I still can't believe this Stereo happened and I'm so so happy for them! I hope we get at least a little peek around the forever home when they move in :foreverhome:
Oh duh. It's been so long that i didnt even think about that.
The Sims videos made me sad because I thought dapg was pretty much dead.
But now there is hope so I might try to revive the 6 year tradition of watching them on December.

I hope Phil uploads the video soon.
Otherwise I'm gonna end up listening to the thing q third time.
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan referring to us as 'phans' was so interesting to me because I feel like a couple years ago they went out of their way to avoid using that kind of terminology - and I definitely think he was saying phans with a ph, as in addressing us as a specific group, because he never stuck a 'the' in front of it even when him saying 'the fans' would have fit better. I love what a strong comfortable vibe he gave out when talking to and about us.
AltMay
glabella

Also did I just dream it or did Phil say "our room" at one point while referring to their new house? I might have got it mixed up maybe he was talking about sth else. But if he wasn't, just acknowledging *their* room. Ugh, my heart out to this new era of openness and honesty.

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
Phantasy
woodland creature

I’m convinced that 90% of the reason their relationship has lasted so long is Phil’s ability not to get frustrated or try to cut in forcibly when Dan is on a rant or talking over him. That’s a level of deference that takes true skill and patience.

jK... but I wonder if that carries over to real life too or if Phil ever just says “shut up for a sec so I can finish my thought!”.
shan
morning quiff

AltMay wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:23 am Also did I just dream it or did Phil say "our room" at one point while referring to their new house? I might have got it mixed up maybe he was talking about sth else. But if he wasn't, just acknowledging *their* room. Ugh, my heart out to this new era of openness and honesty.
I don't think 'our room' was said, just many references to 'our place' which is pretty much as good!

I also loved the emphasis on they can live AND work there, basically a DnP two-flat acknowledgement. This stereo was a gift and since it started at 7am in my time zone, I've now just finished my 3rd listen and holy wow do I want a DnP podcast so badly. I'm going to be able to quote this show word for word soon :lol:
hello9217
flower crown

Maybe the reason phil hasn’t mentioned dan much is because he is bursting at the seams to just spoil everything dan has been working on. It was soooo cute how much he was like really wanting to say what’s going on in dan’s life. Loved hearing them both again
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Ok so thinking about house stuff has reminded me of sims videos and I would like to remind you all of this gem at 13:16:
Phil: Oh I'm obsessed with light. If I had a house I would make every window glass.
Dan: *endearing wtf face and head shake*
My big house predictions: every window will be made of glass :shock: :lol:
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
bdsmlester
smol bean

unpopular opinion(?)
i don't know if i can ever watch dan in a youtube context ever again. especially after listening to him and his stories and just hearing how his personalty has changed has just entirely changed the way i view him. i feel like phil's transition to his content was really smooth and he kind of grew up his videos with a lot of the fanbase, but dan just completely paused. i just can't see it being easy to sit down and enjoy his content with the excitement i used to have like it feels odd but after not hearing from him for so long he kind of ascended to some established artist? author? just established, it feels odd to picture him playing the sims on dapg again. I've gotten pretty comfortable with his absence though, and maybe my inability to grow up is getting in the way. absolutely don't get me wrong i love love love their growth and maturity now, but heck i miss coming home from highschool and watching a golf with friends vid (oh man).
but i do love this content. that stereo was amazing, and i cant wait to see what the future holds for their content! I'm glad they're still here letting us in on the details of their lives, ya know? always feeding the beast.
anyways.
moving hill <3 i knew i wasn't crazy
:dildo: zooted on main :dildo:
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Has anyone located the boots Dan couldn’t fit from the Attitude shoot? I’m so curious what we missed out on!
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
ostiral
sofa crease

Wow, long time no see idb! :D

I just wanted to say that i really like how they played it, like, they never showed their relationship, never did this openly boyfriend thing for money (they still didn't say they are together, so no flashy headlines in random internet articles for them, hahah). They were just a couple of besties, that people loved and they didn't have to show they are something more. Like, it was a part of their lives, that was only for them and close friends, never for public and internet, and i really appreciate it. In this whole madness internet career is, they didn't changed their beliefs for any money or views, they didn't rush to announce their coming outs, just everything looks healthy with common sense and omg i really appreciate them.

I really wish them all the best, damn, i feel like a proud mother now, hand me a tissue please ;_;
Sorry for my english.
vsannil
smol bean

I've listened to all the Stereos up until now, live where I can, and I don't think (come for me if you must for this) that Phil is a good interviewer. Even with good pals like PJ and Louise he struggled to steer the conversation in a meaningful way.

This one though..... Was on a different level. They banted, they laughed, they weren't awkward and really pulled back on nothing. I wanted to watch it live, since I thought if there's any slip up in the convo, they'll edit it out, but boy oh boy did they straight up say everything I thought they might only hint at.

I've watched them since 2013 I think and their chemistry is undeniable, but compared to the other recent live shows Phil's done, this one was spectacular.
I missed them, I missed feeling 20 again and watching them interact. Literally the one thing this whole year which did not disappoint.
shan
morning quiff

My unasked for opinion is that the while DnP keeping the nature of their relationship private and personal is completely valid, it makes things quite awkward for live interviews with acquaintances and friends. Louise, Seth and PJ all had moments of hesitation when mentioning Dan, and Phil seemed to be micromanaging those conversations probably for a similar reason. With Martyn and Dan, however, he was much more relaxed, likely because they're part of the 'inner circle' and are 100% on top of what's ok.

Maybe now that the first offical DnP convo has happened things might relax a bit, but maybe not. I still think Phil would be fantastic at pre-recorded interviews where he has the ability to cut out anything he isn't comfortable sharing and allow him to be more relaxed and in the moment.

I really don't mind his little segments though, he's just living his gameshow host fantasy and I'm here for it!
onemoresock
drama llama
Pronouns: she/they/he

I honestly and truly have been floating on a cloud since last night. I can't believe d&p saved 2020 :(

the forever home! the two of them talking about whether coming out has made their sex jokes worse :lol: their conversation about phil taking dan's sexy insta photo~ and how the entire experience Was Not sexy because phil spent two hours trying to line up a glass with dan's nipple! the dog discussion! the forever!!!!! home!!!!

they really... spent the last 3 years building and designing a house themselves. also the way they spoke about it. we bought a house, we made this decision in 2017, we designed it. I'm filled with so many feelings.

I sent a message to my (non-phannie) friends once the stereo was done saying that I felt truly emotionally fulfilled by that show. I think it's because... we didn't really know, 2 years ago, that joint content would be Done with and we certainly didn't know that they'd both come out and joint content still wouldn't come back. this feels, weirdly, like closure finally after all that - not that anything is ending, or that I'll stop following them. It just feels like... I had honestly thought we'd never get joint content again. it's so NICE to have something that I can truly appreciate and even if we have another long joint content break, at least I feel prepared this time. Idk I don't think I'm making any sense here.

I think I'm just happy that they really sat down and decided to mention all the things phannies have been talking about and I'm super impressed at how they managed to talk about themselves whilst still maintaining the levels of privacy that they're comfortable with? it never felt awkward and it really didn't even feel like they were hiding anything, but they still gave us only the details they wanted to and reinforced their desire for their own privacy. it's so nice that it feels like they've found that balance. although honestly I think you could argue that they'd found that balance in 2018, they just needed to Take The Last Step of coming out, so to speak.

but in this post-coming out, gay jokes galore universe, it's nice to see them together and so so comfortable - and I hope that that leads to more joint content - the way dan spoke about it was so promising. because the thing is... they really are so good together at what they do. this whole show proves it, they bounce off one another in such an incredibly entertaining way and they're a delight to watch. they can literally just talk about nonsense and they're still a delight to watch together.

I'm just feeling really fulfilled, as someone who has watched their videos for... seven years now or something equally wild. I feel so happy for them and so fulfilled as a fan who has been invested in the content they've given us.

also - phil's incredible, visceral excitement for dan's projects is one of the sweetest things on this planet. I love that he was the first one who got to read dan's book too. it's just so wonderful to see this, in conjunction with all the ways that dan still helps phil out with whatever he needs. that constant support and behind the scenes teamwork is just... really lovely to see.

...this post got way too long and emotional for 10.30am on a wednesday haha lets go back to talking about dan making poppers jokes
*blows kiss* for dop and pop
kavat
pastel persona

Y'all. I woke up this morning and was about 85% sure that I dreamt the whole thing. That was a roller coaster of an hour.

There's just so much I'd like to talk about but I don't even know where to start. They were so excited to talk to us about everything and you could tell Dan had some pent up entertainer energy just bursting out. That man thrives in front of an audience and I can't wait to see his dumb big smile in the video later.
liola
rankussy

I need the full recording more than I need serotonin yall
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor