Dan & Phil Part 4: The Cheekiest Link

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilMango
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

(sims video)
YES
Edit: darn, I was beaten to it. IM SO EXCITED THO
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
danphil333
hobbit hair

10 second in on the video and i am done. I cant deal with dan screaming at 1:30 sorry. I am going to sleep
shoe
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: they/them

I enjoyed tipsy talk. I had been thinking that it would be interesting to see what Phil would be like on it for a few years now, but I didn't expect it to ever actually happen because I knew he'd be very unlikely to be willing to get drunk on camera. So I wasn't disappointed that he wasn't actually tipsy. Hazel provided him with sugar instead, which is clearly his drug of choice when filming (in addition to caffeine of course). I thought it was clever of him to make cocktails for them. It gave him control of the alcohol consumption, but he was still in the spirit of tipsy talk, rather than refusing to drink at all.

It was interesting to see him out of persona. He was still very filtered, and protected further by Hazel's editing, but he was Phil rather than AmazingPhil and I appreciate that.
daichii wrote:Was trying to find a new avatar from the vid as Phil's eyes look absolutely gorgeous and noticed so much eye contact! lowkey ship it I wish we'd get to something like that with his collabs with Dan, I mean it is nice how he looks at the camera bc eyes but it sometimes feels as if he's ignoring Dan. It hasn't been so much like that in recent vids tho so I hope it's something he's working on
He did look at the camera much less than he does when he's collaging with Dan, but I feel he still looked directly into it far more than Hazel's Tipsy Talk guests usually do. Force of habit probably. When the guests are actually tipsy, it's more like they hang out with Hazel for an evening, forgetting about the camera, and then she does what she can with the footage afterwards. Phil always seemed conscious of the fact that he's performing for an audience's entertainment, and filtered himself accordingly.

I'm tempted to watch more videos of Phil with someone other than Dan (eg. building the Japanese toilet with Strawberry17) and compare how much he looks at the OP vs the camera in those videos and in Tipsy Talk, but I'm writing this instead of doing coursework and I should probably stop.

This is far less well-worded than I'd like it to be. Apologies. I'm sleep deprived, and as I said, coursework... :(
lilMango
morning quiff

danphil333 wrote:10 second in on the video and i am done. I cant deal with dan screaming at 1:30 sorry. I am going to sleep
lol yea as soon as he screamed I was like :? but I can assure you that there is a lot of heart-eyed Howell and Phil singing Rihanna to make up for it.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
spaceminimalist
squish

i ususally just watch their videos on my tv so i always feel bad for my neighbours when dan randomly screeches ^^"
greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

boredtears wrote:
deerly wrote:greatnessflicker,
"one of the most polite British people I have met (aside from drunk Dan Howell)" made me smile also I want some context too!
Here's her post about it
http://princesscrapbag.tumblr.com/post/ ... ence-today
She doesn't really provide much info, just that he was drunk and tried to give her a sharpie lol
Thanks! I tried looking in her archive but couldn't find it. That's a very cute story I'm glad she enjoyed meeting him when drunk bc I tend to imagine--for no reason whatsoever--bad encounters whenever you meet a drunk famous person, regardless of who they are.
love your ben whishaw avatar
spaceguitar wrote:This is totally OT from the current convo:
Thoughts on this anon message on phanantiproof?
I can definitely understand how lgbtq+ viewers would appreciate the extra representation. I guess my issue is the fact Dan hasn't built his reputation & career around his sexuality? I mean it's become a huge part of D&P, but it's not something they signed up for? They never knew they'd be this big, & I'd hate to think of all my jokes on social media that'd be misconstrued if I was in the same spot, like their's have. It's just frustrating to see viewers so offended either way, straight, bi, etc.

▲ ANONYMOUS
I personally rather agree with this person. It's weird, b/c I also like the aspect of Dan that is related to his sexuality and his evolution of self-acceptance. But I still feel like this person is saying something valuable. There's also a tag from a post from solidphanfic that I though was interesting :
#stop trying to turn people who are not explicitly queer into your queer icons 2k16
Here's the thing. I get where they are coming from, but, in fact, I think that's exactly why some of us project onto dan and want representation in him. Wouldn't it be so cool for there to be a LGBT youtuber who doesn't revolve their career around their sexuality? wouldn't it be nice to see someone whose sexuality is just one, small facet of their self? idk. now, the question is, would coming out be a statement that it IS a big part of his identity or not
I personally don't think you should "turn people who are not explicitly queer" into someone who is queer for representation alone but I do feel like dan's kind of been explicit about it at this point haha, and i don't think he minds being anyone's icon so long as it has allowed them to accept themselves. people tell them at meet and greets all the time how they have helped them accept themselves and I think they are touched by that sentiment

ok off to watch sims!
Last edited by greatnessflicker on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swofro
angel bean

I know we have discuss this possibility before, but with all the parallels between Tabitha and Phil, I think Phil is an alien.
Last edited by swofro on Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Love is forever
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Fight me!
You
ceramic
Bitch!

I swear... This is the best thing that Dan has ever said.
*goes back to watching the video*

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

bluebox-away
woodland creature

Didn't appreciate Dan's screaming at the start of the Sims video but apart from that I enjoyed it more than I expected to, mostly because they were both so genuinely shocked and concerned by what happened :lol:
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
shezza
crusty sponge

re sims vid: all i'm thinking right now is 'much loud, very persona' (i'm sorry)

it was an okay sims episode, but i feel like they can't really top the impossible quiz (i am for that dumb vid) so i found it enjoyable but mediocre. I can't put my finger on why I didn't enjoy this as much as their other sims ones, bc i'm so far up their asses i'll watch anything they put out- but it lacked something? maybe it was just the increase of "being entertaining" for the camera.

I thought tipsy talk was cute, but nothing groundbreaking.
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

ha! knew they'll upload a Dil one not really
I enjoyed this one more than the last few Dil episodes, like I genuinely laughed when they zoomed in on Dil's face after the fire. I did find the screaming at the beginning awfully annoying tho, but all in all it was a good episode.

Now sim players, pls tell me wtf happened to tabitha?
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

The video started playing while I was in another tab... I nearly shat myself lol.

Weren't they supposed to bleep out swearwords on the DAPG channel?

How the heck does one pronounce Pantene? I have heard Natalie Tran pronouncing it with an Aussie accent but Phil sounds so weird saying it.

They really should learn about games before they play them...

18:16 - No Dan, what do YOU mean by that expression? :shock:

Last edited by Anonymousse on Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

griff
crusty sponge
Pronouns: they/them/theirs

"fight me you ceramic bitch!" i'm dying genuinely laughed out loud
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I really liked their latest Sims video. But yeah Dan is right Phil has played this before and should know more about it. I've only ever played the sims 2 and then when a woman gets abducted nothing happens, but males become pregnant with a a little alien baby. Not sure if that changed for the Sims 4.
Did anyone else here Phil say "is he sniffing my hair?" when referring to Dil sniffing Tabitha's hair? (around the 12:16 mark). Because that made me laugh Dan is Dil and Phil is Tabitha
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

Ha, called it.

That initially had all the makings of a 'meh' Dil vid. Then the abduction happened. I can honestly say I've never laughed so hard at a Deppy vid, I was in tears.

Their shocked silence... Phil's 'WHAT JUST HAPPENED' followed by Dan's (rather sexy, imo) open-mouthed shock-laugh was just tooooooo funny.

I wish more would happen in their vids that isn't completely under their control because its so entertaining watching them actually react to things without forewarning.
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh my goodness, such drama. When Dan pushed his hair back and started going on at Phil about telling him about these things They're both all energetic and loud, Phil in his opinionated and singing kind of way, I love that. How can he not remember the alien abduction via telescope from The Sims 2, though, it was iconic. Any man that got abducted would come back alien pregnant.

I didn't know they could just get taken by stepping outside in Sims 4, though. She'd only just stepped out too, like the first time I sent a Sims 2 sim to cloud-gaze and they got smushed by a falling satellite the second they laid down on the grass. Also they don't realise it's the sims who keep turning the stereo on or they get so stressed by fire their hygiene drops. My game's been leaving the sims standing on the pavement in the pyjamas needing the loo every time I log in too, it's annoying.
fakelights
living flop

I found this episode of The Sims really enjoyable, for my own surprise as nothing besides the abduction happened. They were in a great mood and it was nice to watch them here

"delete that voice" how about you deleting your unnecessary screaming too then?

Also think it was a shame that Phil didn't use the opportunity to do the dance that goes with Work while singing it :tsk:
bluebox-away
woodland creature

I've never had a sim abducted before in any version of the game, but from what I know the Get to Work expansion automatically makes abduction a risk, and picking a scientific career increases risk of abduction? Only males become pregnant when abducted just like on other versions, so Tabitha should be just fine :)
Dan's utter shock and frenzied pushing his hair back was my favourite part
his hair looks sexy pushed back
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
majitzu
angel bean

I was browsing through my youtube recommended videos and then went to my subscriptions and there it was, the first video... a D&P sims. And I click it so fast that I didn't read the title or pay any attention to the tumbnail.

So "the abduction" was the most hilarious and WTF thing and I laugh so much their faces. I had to take a moment. And I laugh a lot before with he fire so this video is now my favourite D&P sims game

Now that you say that the males sims get pregnat when abducted I think I would wanted Dil to be the abducted one.
kooshka
living flop

Alright I don't like dil vids and I was going to save it for a later time but oh my god I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a sims video I just really liked how genuine and unscripted the bit after the abduction was/seemed, compared to how they normally act in DAPG.

Now I'll just patiently wait for the hair gifs, the whole bit with Dan shaking his head and ruffling his hair furiously with his hands was just such a religious experience for me. Wow.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

uhhhh that dil vid was A+++

their reactions to the abduction were absolutely hilarious. easily made it one of the best sim videos of all time imho. plus i appreciate how genuine they were in their shock, it was almost out of character. defo worth a rewatch or 2.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Watching it again and loving their parenting after the fire. Dan's all high-pitched ( :shock: memories of friends' mothers) with the dramatic "why" to everything and Phil's all calm "put them to bed".
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

kooshka wrote:Now I'll just patiently wait for the hair gifs, the whole bit with Dan shaking his head and ruffling his hair furiously with his hands was just such a religious experience for me. Wow.
Same tbh but is Dan going bald??!!
busy being happy~
fancybum
senpai

@9:20

(Phil mangles Rihanna song)
Dan: Are you happy for that to be on the internet?
Phil: Noooo.
(Phil chokes and laughs: "I'm a mess")
Dan: Am I leaving that in?
Phil: No.

Well too bad Phil, this is what happens when you leave poor Dan to edit all alone.

Also yes pls to the prolonged Phil-staring-at-Dan-fondly from 19:19-19:25.
I'm so gross today.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
yonahime
glabella

That was funny. The fire surprised me and then i honestly forgot about the title for a while, so the abduction slightly surprised me too. I like when they got no control over what happened in the game. Phil getting really worried over Tabitha and Dil is I wonder how they would react when their sims really died.

I played sims 4 and my male sim get abducted too, but he didn't get pregnant. So it isn't a sure thing.

i'm so sleepy i need to sleep