Dan & Phil Part 4: The Cheekiest Link

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
swofro
angel bean
Pronouns: she/her

spider wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:I had my second TATINOF-related dream last night. Truly fanfiction-worthy. Someone help me., what are these two DOING to me?!! :wtf:
During TWL I dreamed about IDB 3 nights in a row. Not even Deppy. IDB.
I dreamed about IDB once. When I wake up and check IDB, I feel a little bit confuse of what is real and what is not. :facepalm:
Love is forever
jhamba
procrastinator

spider wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:I had my second TATINOF-related dream last night. Truly fanfiction-worthy. Someone help me., what are these two DOING to me?!! :wtf:
During TWL I dreamed about IDB 3 nights in a row. Not even Deppy. IDB.
soon we will rule the world.
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
spider
ar·tic·u·late

swofro wrote:I dreamed about IDB once. When I wake up and check IDB, I feel a little bit confuse of what is real and what is not. :facepalm:
The second night I dreamed TWL leaked outside of IDB. Woke up and bluebox-away had messaged to say it leaked. Not the dream I wanted to come true.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

oqua wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
deerly wrote:Sorry if everyone's seen it already but I was stalking Dan's tumblr (as you do when you've got 3 papers to write amirite) and found this http://danisnotonfire.tumblr.com/post/1 ... ted-you-to
The deleted pic is
Not saying anything but this is interesting
Great find.
It's very interesting indeed. I can see it being played out like this.
Edit: Also I want to say, do you really think it played out like this SquishPhan (in terms of what Dan "wanted")? If so I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on their early relationship and how it evolved!

Edit 2: This goes for everyone, actually, not just SquishPhan -- I want to know what you all think about Deppy's relationship in the early days. :)
I didn't see this before I went to bed, so I will answer it now.
I think that in the beginning Dan just liked how weird and different Phil was. I think he felt attracted to this quirky, creative guy who was unapologetic about who he was. I don’t think that the plan from the very beginning was to sleep with Phil and certainly not to be in a relationship with him.
But clearly something attracted him to Phil, and I do think the fact that Phil is good looking was a factor. I will never know what he really wanted out of that relationship at the very beginning, maybe just recognition from someone he admired, and maybe he even dared to hope for friendship.
I think it wasn’t until they got to know each other a bit better, and were being all flirty that maybe the thought of sleeping with Phil seriously entered his mind. Still wanting to sleep with someone and wanting a to be in serious, committed relationship with someone are two different things. Maybe they did start off being friends with benefits, or maybe they talked and got to know each other so well that when they first met, they wanted more already. Maybe it all went so fast that before he knew it, Dan wanted Phil and didn’t want anyone else to have him. We all know he gets quite jealous, and that Phil was flirting with more people online back in the day.
I guess what I want to say is that I don’t think that Dan wanted to be in a relationship with Phil from day one, but when they got to know each other well and realized that they really liked each other that (quickly) changed.
This is not very coherent and I apologize, but it isn’t going to get better than it is right right now so I will post it anyway.
timtam
lady door

akui wrote: About the alcohol thing, christ it took me solid five minutes to remember that i wanted to talk about this. It's hard being a middle aged nose pervert. ;) Anyway, apart from the young age, these kids probably also been brainwashed a lot by the "angel bean purest sunshine cinnamon roll" Phil, they got used to putting him on a pedestal and treat him like a Saint. In their minds he doesn't swear, he doesn't drink, he likes sweets and hugs plushie animal to go to sleep every night. While we are eagerly wanting to see Phil behave like a man of his age, these kids are perfectly satisfied with his over grown man boy peter pan persona. That's why this year before Phil's birthday ppl on tumblr are saying they can't accept the fact that Phil is turning 29. On the other hand Dan drinks and swears but nobody gives a shit because Dan isn't a cinnamon roll he is internet homo.

Btw can we quickly talk about how Phil's persona driven channel branding is seriously hurting the quality of his work? I couldn't help but notice that his last two videos are not quite as good as the videos on Caspar and Hazel's channel. As he is insisting on staying on persona, it's also a restriction on his creativity. Almost feel like he is censoring himself.
I agree to a point. I also think they have been influenced by Phil's persona (I'm starting to hate that word). I'm a 22 year old woman who has plenty of experience with alcohol and have no problem with responsible drinking and yet I find the idea of Phil actually being drunk (as in properly drunk not one drink) to be so strange. These kids are definitely struggling to see their innocent cinnamon roll as a drinker and that's probably relatively natural (depending on the age) but Phil's persona hasn't helped. Has he ever mentioned alcohol or getting drunk ever?! Dan might be an internet homo but tumblr also thinks Dan is a cinnamon roll but have no problem with his drinking probably because he mentions it a bit. Didn't he used to have a cocktail review blog or something?!

can't believe I've used cinnamon roll as an adjective its too weird
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

timtam wrote:
akui wrote: About the alcohol thing, christ it took me solid five minutes to remember that i wanted to talk about this. It's hard being a middle aged nose pervert. ;) Anyway, apart from the young age, these kids probably also been brainwashed a lot by the "angel bean purest sunshine cinnamon roll" Phil, they got used to putting him on a pedestal and treat him like a Saint. In their minds he doesn't swear, he doesn't drink, he likes sweets and hugs plushie animal to go to sleep every night. While we are eagerly wanting to see Phil behave like a man of his age, these kids are perfectly satisfied with his over grown man boy peter pan persona. That's why this year before Phil's birthday ppl on tumblr are saying they can't accept the fact that Phil is turning 29. On the other hand Dan drinks and swears but nobody gives a shit because Dan isn't a cinnamon roll he is internet homo.

Btw can we quickly talk about how Phil's persona driven channel branding is seriously hurting the quality of his work? I couldn't help but notice that his last two videos are not quite as good as the videos on Caspar and Hazel's channel. As he is insisting on staying on persona, it's also a restriction on his creativity. Almost feel like he is censoring himself.
I agree to a point. I also think they have been influenced by Phil's persona (I'm starting to hate that word). I'm a 22 year old woman who has plenty of experience with alcohol and have no problem with responsible drinking and yet I find the idea of Phil actually being drunk (as in properly drunk not one drink) to be so strange. These kids are definitely struggling to see their innocent cinnamon roll as a drinker and that's probably relatively natural (depending on the age) but Phil's persona hasn't helped. Has he ever mentioned alcohol or getting drunk ever?! Dan might be an internet homo but tumblr also thinks Dan is a cinnamon roll but have no problem with his drinking probably because he mentions it a bit. Didn't he used to have a cocktail review blog or something?!

Lol yes. Dan's margarita blog.

http://fuckyeahmargaritas.tumblr.com
busy being happy~
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

oqua wrote:

Dan won model, and Phil won others.

Dat accuracy.
DryCereal
koi pond

oqua wrote:
timtam wrote:

That just made my day. But what happened? One Tequila hangover too many?! Or did he just "forget his password"
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
oqua wrote:
timtam wrote:

That just made my day. But what happened? One Tequila hangover too many?! Or did he just "forget his password"
I love how at the end of the second (and last!) post on the blog he says:

I literally have about 15 reviews ready to post now however, so look forward to more reviews coming soon! yay

Doesn't that sound familiar? Oh Dan.
busy being happy~
DryCereal
koi pond

oqua wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
oqua wrote:
timtam wrote:

I literally have about 15 reviews ready to post now however, so look forward to more reviews coming soon! yay

Clearly he found religion wine. Tequila is evil. Eeeeeeeevil.
danphil333
hobbit hair

timtam wrote: I agree to a point. I also think they have been influenced by Phil's persona (I'm starting to hate that word). I'm a 22 year old woman who has plenty of experience with alcohol and have no problem with responsible drinking and yet I find the idea of Phil actually being drunk (as in properly drunk not one drink) to be so strange. These kids are definitely struggling to see their innocent cinnamon roll as a drinker and that's probably relatively natural (depending on the age) but Phil's persona hasn't helped. Has he ever mentioned alcohol or getting drunk ever?! Dan might be an internet homo but tumblr also thinks Dan is a cinnamon roll but have no problem with his drinking probably because he mentions it a bit. Didn't he used to have a cocktail review blog or something?!

i cant speak about 2014 and before but since i started following them phil has mention alcohol casually many times. Not in the "i got wasted last night" way but more like a normal adult having his occasional drink. He made a main channel video(phil in the club) . Drinking was part of the message he tried to convey with this video. Maybe kids mistook it as "sunshine phil has never tasted alcohol"

he even said many times that he makes his own cocktails at home. Also they both appeared in louises and joeys vlogs with drinks in their hands (not trying to hide it or anything).

6:50

6:05
]7:34
actually i think dan was trying to hide his drink behind the pillow in this vlog.i dont know why,i always thought it was weird and kind of funny. Its from 2014

4:42 :lol: :lol:
Last edited by danphil333 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clarinetupmyass
squish

off topic/may be irrelevant

This is a tweet showing twitter notifs for d&p... it seems they followed an account at the exact same time. This is making me wonder, do you think their team or management has any control over their twitter? Considering they aren't even in the same continent, yet even if they were... why on earth would they follow the same account at the exact same time? It just seems a little to me because this is suggesting that someone else is in control of their twitter accounts. If so, do you think this extends to fan replies/tweets/header for dans? Or am i reaching for the stars?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

danphil333 wrote:
timtam wrote: I agree to a point. I also think they have been influenced by Phil's persona (I'm starting to hate that word). I'm a 22 year old woman who has plenty of experience with alcohol and have no problem with responsible drinking and yet I find the idea of Phil actually being drunk (as in properly drunk not one drink) to be so strange. These kids are definitely struggling to see their innocent cinnamon roll as a drinker and that's probably relatively natural (depending on the age) but Phil's persona hasn't helped. Has he ever mentioned alcohol or getting drunk ever?! Dan might be an internet homo but tumblr also thinks Dan is a cinnamon roll but have no problem with his drinking probably because he mentions it a bit. Didn't he used to have a cocktail review blog or something?!

i cant speak about 2014 and before but since i started following them phil has mention alcohol casually many times. Not in the "i got wasted last night" way but more like a normal adult having his occasional drink. He made a main channel video(phil in the club) . Drinking was part of the message he tried to convey with this video. Maybe kids mistook it as "sunshine phil has never tasted alcohol"

he even said many times that he makes his own cocktails at home. Also they both appeared in louises and joeys vlogs with drinks in their hands (not trying to hide it or anything).

actually i think dan was trying to hide his drink behind the pillow in this vlog.i dont know why,i always thought it was weird. Its from 2014

4:42
Phil has mentioned it quite a few times, so I'm not sure why anybody would be surprised to hear that he drinks. I think he has also mentioned it in a few live shows, so he is definitely not hiding it.
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

oqua wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
oqua wrote:
timtam wrote:

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Clearly he found religion wine. Tequila is evil. Eeeeeeeevil.
That tumblr has given me life. I wish Dan carried on with it, not just two bloody posts what a surprise he didn't. typical Daniel

Tequila is only good in cocktails. Tequila Sunrise my favourite cocktail though.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
SquishPhan
capita£ester

clarinetupmyass wrote:off topic/may be irrelevant

This is a tweet showing twitter notifs for d&p... it seems they followed an account at the exact same time. This is making me wonder, do you think their team or management has any control over their twitter? Considering they aren't even in the same continent, yet even if they were... why on earth would they follow the same account at the exact same time? It just seems a little to me because this is suggesting that someone else is in control of their twitter accounts. If so, do you think this extends to fan replies/tweets/header for dans? Or am i reaching for the stars?
That is weird, but I can't ever see giving up control like that. They want to be in control of everything, so having someone else on their twitter seems to me like a big no-no. Maybe they were talking to each other and liked it at the same time.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I don't see Dan or Phil giving up control of anything, except to each other. The simpler solution would be that they were talking (even if Phil's in FL/Dan's in the UK - twitter chat, fb chat, skype) and one of them found the account and showed the other, and they both followed it.
sweetmm
angel bean

SquishPhan wrote:

That is weird, but I can't ever see giving up control like that. They want to be in control of everything, so having someone else on their twitter seems to me like a big no-no. Maybe they were talking to each other and liked it at the same time.
Is Dan in US now?
phamnotof
morning quiff

haven't people always said that they have each other on push notifications? so one could have just seen it & done the same /ehm... dan... probably... because you know.../
phamnotof
morning quiff

SquishPhan wrote:
danphil333 wrote:

actually i think dan was trying to hide his drink behind the pillow in this vlog.i dont know why,i always thought it was weird. Its from 2014

4:42
Phil has mentioned it quite a few times, so I'm not sure why anybody would be surprised to hear that he drinks. I think he has also mentioned it in a few live shows, so he is definitely not hiding it.
I'd say that this is the same for D&P - their ls selves and their main channel selves often don't match up. Like sure, they're still the same people, but main channels tend to be far more persona-heavy and therefore only working within the realms of a few selected and hightened personality traits. Millions see the main channel videos whereas maybe a 100k people may see the liveshows/other people's vlogs esp. for them? That's the hardcore phandom. Their casual audience is far larger & they would not have seen/noticed most of these things.
spaceminimalist
squish

oqua wrote: The height of his t's is VERY consistent though. It never gets as high as his l's, d's, h's, or b's. It's always somewhere between half and three-quarters the height of his tallest letters.

Here are a few other ideas I've had and things I've thought about:
  • Could it be "5. Being first to"
  • Could the quotes in rule 6 actually just be an asterisk? Maybe whatever the asterisk went with (the other asterisk) is on the back of the sheet?
  • Are we pretty sure that Rule 6 contains the phrase "reason to do"?
Some questions I have:
  • What day did they upload SAP?
  • Did Dan and/or Phil have a regular upload day during this era?
  • At some point Dan promised to upload every Thursday, right? When was that?
And here are pictures of the rules, under a spoiler:
pixlexia wrote:Image
spider wrote:
trashqueen wrote:Image

wow you're really informed when it comes to dans handwriting :mrgreen:
to the rules in general: i can't see a 6 on this paper at all, and if there is one it's not in line with the other numbers. or what was assumed to be a six is just a subitem to number 5
(it's just a smudge really dans handwriting is so horribly hard to read :wahh: i gave up on his dream journal in tatinof and now i'm trying to decipher his handwriting from a very blurry piece of paper in the background of a four year old video, no regrets though)

- i can see "4. _____ at least one video a month"
the first word could be post, but the little scribble under the word doesn't seem to make sense?

- 5. is even blurrier, put the there is likely something in brackets at the end of the line
to me it looks like " ( ____ & done) "

- the next line has two words and the last word seems to end on a y
it could be "__day" or "laundry" or even "birthday" (since it starts with a high letter, and he writes his b's quite tall, but birtday doesn't make much sense in this context i guess but it most likely ends with day)
the word before that could likely be "and"

i'm trying my best to read the next lines but nothing comes to mind rn

sorry being back again at it with the guessing :lol:
clarinetupmyass
squish

alittledizzy wrote:

I don't see Dan or Phil giving up control of anything, except to each other. The simpler solution would be that they were talking (even if Phil's in FL/Dan's in the UK - twitter chat, fb chat, skype) and one of them found the account and showed the other, and they both followed it.
I thought about this too... but it doesn't seem to be very realistic... like i can't imagine them being on the phone or skype and simultaneously following an animal twitter account. lmao. idk it's just a little fishy to me. And I've seen people accuse phil's twitter of being a little too formulaic And I also remember Dan talking about header for dan (he was talking about his supposedly disastrous branding and layouts), and he said something along the lines of 'i'm glad the header for dan program is in place because it takes away the stress of having to worry about my twitter layout' and at the time i remember thinking it sounded as if he was talking about it being in someone else's control.
get your triangles out guys

DryCereal
koi pond

phamnotof wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
danphil333 wrote:

I LOVE that vlog. They both just look so happy and proud and excited and ...yeah. All of the things!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

clarinetupmyass wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:

I thought about this too... but it doesn't seem to be very realistic... like i can't imagine them being on the phone or skype and simultaneously following an animal twitter account. lmao. idk it's just a little fishy to me. And I've seen people accuse phil's twitter of being a little too formulaic And I also remember Dan talking about header for dan (he was talking about his supposedly disastrous branding and layouts), and he said something along the lines of 'i'm glad the header for dan program is in place because it takes away the stress of having to worry about my twitter layout' and at the time i remember thinking it sounded as if he was talking about it being in someone else's control.
That they were talking and one of them said 'hey, look at this cute account' and they both followed it sounds WAY more realistic to me than someone from their management team deciding both accounts simultaniously need to follow an animal twitter. Like, why would they even do that? There's no company or #spon deal behind it. I can't figure out any reason why it would be so important that someone from their team would have to do it immediately.

Nah, him saying the header for dan program took the stress away means that he doesn't have to design a header for himself. He can just pick from the ones that fans submit, when they use #HeaderForDan.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
phamnotof wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
danphil333 wrote:

I LOVE that vlog. They both just look so happy and proud and excited and ...yeah. All of the things!
They legit look like a power couple there.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

those notifications don't just come through if people follow someone at exactly the same time, it's just if they follow close to the same time. if one saw it, shared with the other who then followed it, the notification would still come through
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag: