Dan & Phil Part 98: forever home!!1!!!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
noodlebum
flower crown

Did anyone count if they mentioned Stereo 'organically' 10 times? :lol:
Just listening to the audio now, love it, love them, the end.

Edit: Actually not the end. The story of Phil screaming in the face of the delivery guy made me howl!
Levitating
#relatable

I loved his show! I love how they sounded so much relax and open. If for this we have to 'sacrifice' the visual, I am all up for it.
All the little silences I heard were never awkward: they were those kind of silence you need when you chat with your best friend and you're not scared of it, you do not feel the need to fill it with words because you both are still connected in spirit/emotionally.
It was perfect <3

Yet, I actually perceived more distance between them. Maybe it is due to the chill vibes they emanated, but those words like "collaborating and sharing the space", in the light of Dan's Attitude interview I have recently read, sounded more respectful/professional than those one would use for a partner. Saying something like "this is our house" or "it is also Phil's house" would it make it sound like the reason for comprising derives from the inevitability of having a common space, from having wanted a shared space, something "ours" and not "mine and his". Dan's wording makes me rethink of all those people in London who buy through the share ownership scheme or something like that.

The mirror thing of course throws in a completely different vibe, that of long-term familiarity, but as for everything, nothing adds up.

This is me not wanting to avoid the disappointment of one day learning that, actually, they are not together, lol.

London is about to start opening again, btw! At least, May/June are new dates of further openings. This made me realise that they had to accept/do something with Stereo because their other sources of income, those deriving from the book tour and stuff, will not be there this time.
singularplane
smol bean

noodlebum wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:02 pm Did anyone count if they mentioned Stereo 'organically' 10 times? :lol:
Just listening to the audio now, love it, love them, the end.

Edit: Actually not the end. The story of Phil screaming in the face of the delivery guy made me howl!

i totally spent the entire show subconsciously trying to see whether they mentioned “stereo” but (though i didn’t count it) i felt like they weren’t making any sort of effort to do it? i might be wrong, cause i wasn’t paying a lot of attention to that in the middle of the domestic fluff but they usually just said things like “you can send us a message” and not “you can message us on stereo”. they might have ended up mentioning it 10 times when they talked about doing more shows and wtv but i’m not sure that they were making an effort to do so. or maybe they are so good at doing it “”organically”” that i didn’t even notice :rofl:
somelikeitpink
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

Levitating wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:14 pm Yet, I actually perceived more distance between them. Maybe it is due to the chill vibes they emanated, but those words like "collaborating and sharing the space", in the light of Dan's Attitude interview I have recently read, sounded more respectful/professional than those one would use for a partner. Saying something like "this is our house" or "it is also Phil's house" would it make it sound like the reason for comprising derives from the inevitability of having a common space, from having wanted a shared space, something "ours" and not "mine and his". Dan's wording makes me rethink of all those people in London who buy through the share ownership scheme or something like that.
While I understand you not wanting to be disappointed.. I don't think particularly that the choice of words here says anything about it. Me and me girlfriend are currently moving in together, and we've also used the words "collaborating" when we discussed what colour the wall panelling should be :P
Different people may still require a "mine and his" place after moving in together, and I think if you can afford it, it's great to have your own space instead of one big shared everything.

I think that they are both at all times. They are business partners after all as well, and I don't think it's a shame when they lean into one side more than the other at times.
ukhon
phillion/danosaur <//3

I’m looking forward to Phil’s stereo tomorrow❤️
I am not suggesting for a minute that Phil has any resentment towards Dan (lol), or that Phil hasn’t got a very successful career in his own right, but I can’t help but wonder how Phil finds Dan having his many projects going on right now after his pitch for the game show didn’t come to fruition. It was kind of alluded to last night when Phil said something along the lines of ‘Dan obviously has had a lot more zoom calls than me recently’. Just a thought
shan
morning quiff

somelikeitpink wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:41 pm
Levitating wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:14 pm Yet, I actually perceived more distance between them. Maybe it is due to the chill vibes they emanated, but those words like "collaborating and sharing the space", in the light of Dan's Attitude interview I have recently read, sounded more respectful/professional than those one would use for a partner. Saying something like "this is our house" or "it is also Phil's house" would it make it sound like the reason for comprising derives from the inevitability of having a common space, from having wanted a shared space, something "ours" and not "mine and his". Dan's wording makes me rethink of all those people in London who buy through the share ownership scheme or something like that.
While I understand you not wanting to be disappointed.. I don't think particularly that the choice of words here says anything about it. Me and me girlfriend are currently moving in together, and we've also used the words "collaborating" when we discussed what colour the wall panelling should be :P
Different people may still require a "mine and his" place after moving in together, and I think if you can afford it, it's great to have your own space instead of one big shared everything.

I think that they are both at all times. They are business partners after all as well, and I don't think it's a shame when they lean into one side more than the other at times.
Definitely agree. Designing a place together is the definition of a collaboration and I don't see anything impersonal about using that phrase at all. I still think it's reaching to assume that they're buying the place together to save costs. From even the most modest estimates of their individual net worths, they could comfortably afford to buy a nice apartment in central London each.

As the saying goes, the simplest solution is usually the correct one. At this point, I think you'd have to be jumping through some serious hoops to come to the conclusion that they aren't together. They have both in the past and present expressed an interest in sex and the idea of having a potential partner come over and saying "do you like the place? I spent three years designing it with my best friend, ex-lover and roommate of ten years who's in that room over there" is so hilarious to me when there's absolutely no reason for them to buy a place, let alone spend literal years designing it, unless they plan on being there together for a long time.
casualsun
delia smith

shan wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:14 pm As the saying goes, the simplest solution is usually the correct one. At this point, I think you'd have to be jumping through some serious hoops to come to the conclusion that they aren't together. They have both in the past and present expressed an interest in sex and the idea of having a potential partner come over and saying "do you like the place? I spent three years designing it with my best friend, ex-lover and roommate of ten years who's in that room over there" is so hilarious to me when there's absolutely no reason for them to buy a place, let alone spend literal years designing it, unless they plan on being there together for a long time.
This made me laugh out loud 😂

And I agree — there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that they are romantically together. I honestly don’t see how somebody could perceive it in any other way without some serious mental gymnastics.

Renting an apartment together for a few years to save money is one thing; buying a house and designing it together over the course of many years is an entirely different story.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

It's amazing to me that we're getting joint /instagram/ content here and that's like, a footnote in the world of Dan and Phil right now. Six months ago we'd have been losing our goddamn shit over an instagram story where Dan said something to Phil.

I'm not gonna take this for granted. We know we've got Dan guaranteed through June-ish. He may well likely take a break after that unless the world is situated so that another project of his can take off right away again. But if this is the sustenance we have to last us through any future breaks to regroup that he has then I'm prepared for it. This is a fucking FEAST.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

I woke up this morning to yet another (oreo ceral) insta story from Phil, still having happy thoughts about yesterday's livestream and looking forward to catching up on people's thoughts about it on here before I start my day.

And then I realized we do it all again literally TOMORROW? tf???
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Imlost wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:55 am Hi again!
This liveshow was so lovely, and completely exceeded my expectations. Loving reading all of your thoughts as well, it has been a while since there's been this much going on in the phandom. I can't even pick my favourite moments from the show, all in all the vibe was so great and they really seemed to talk quite freely. There wasn't really anything holding them back.
Surprisingly, I have to say that I kind of disagree about the audio messages. I get second-hand embarrassment very easily, but I thought this show was fine. I mean apart from the one message with just some random voices, the messages were okay in my opinion. No one crossed a line or asked anything awkward. And I think it might be nice for Dan and Phil to actually hear individual voices rather than read a busy chat, where people feel more anonymous/part of the mass. Although I have to admit, I do prefer audience interaction in text form.
Other thing, I noticed on tumblr that people have went to that photo of Phil with "boomer Karen energy" and started to spam the comments with it. I don't really like that, don't think it's funny. For me it seemed like Phil was actually a bit embarrassed about it, and now people are making more jokes about it. Idk, to me it just seems a bit mean, although I know it's not that deep.
Forget the audio messages, this makes me cringe for real. Didn't they notice Phil was uncomfortable?
He was actually worried to be called a boomer Karen. That is just mean. Ugh.

I used cleaning as a the perfect excuse to listen to the show again and I noticed something I didn't catch yesterday.

When someone was talking about the zoom call with their shrink and the cat, Dan was talking about it after like "Imagine you are in therapy..." and the way he referred to therapy, he said like, you are having a realisation (I don't exactly remember what he said) but, my first instinct when thinking about therapy is talking about things that I don't wanna talk about and that upset me and leave me kinda sad afterwards.
But the way he was putting it, like therapy sessions are spaces where you can figure out stuff about yourself and, I don't know, it had such a positive vibe and it made me think that if Dan thinks about therapy like such a great, healing, pleasant experience. I don't know, it made me smile.
:rainbowtears:
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Levitating
#relatable

snoopysadie wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:43 pm
But the way he was putting it, like therapy sessions are spaces where you can figure out stuff about yourself and, I don't know, it had such a positive vibe and it made me think that if Dan thinks about therapy like such a great, healing, pleasant experience. I don't know, it made me smile.
:rainbowtears:

SO so true! I think it is them/this community that has made me see therapy/professional mental health resources as something incredible good, positive, precious and priviledged.
And it's totally nice!

Thank you IDB for uploading the video!

And yeah, I am doing mental gymnastics but, you know, I am scared of idealising people regardless of how much good they seem because I have been disappointed. And with them, I feel I am seeing a relationship that it is totally ideal, which means it is something I could idealise, something unbelievable. Of course, they might fight, hurt each other; they may have gone through a phase of I don' think I can't handle it anymore, or perhaps jealousy... But since we don't see that (and they have 100% the right to hide this more normal side of a relationship), it feels ideal and thus unreal!

As for Phil's selfie, I also hope people would stop! I feel Phil is genuinely more insecure than Dan and he fights it (<3) in such a wonderful manner, by dressing with colours, making funny faces etc, but he is actually deep inside still insecure and this Karen storm + his own insecurity must be enhancing his own struggles with age.
A reason why I am happy he is doing more "mature" things (sex, religion, alcohol), is that it will allow him to feel more comfortable with his age, instead of trying to appeal to younger audiences.

Did Wilbur ever reply to Dan's tweet? I wonder how they feel about "competing" with Tik Tok generation. Hope they can ignore it and reassess their community of older but still engaged fans.
somelikeitpink
living flop

Random note but I was listening to the stereo again while I went running and it really made me realise how... grown up the phan-base has become? Like I always knew that not everyone was a teenager, I wasn’t one either, but I really noticed that with a lot of the voice notes they played. Like you had a teacher and a lawyer and I just thought - hey... people have grown up with them and they’re still here?

Just made me think of dizzy asking me how I felt the fandom had changed since I was last active... it’s grown up.
And I wonder if that’s part of why phil also feels more comfortable being open about things outside the pg-13 topics?
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

somelikeitpink wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:21 pm Random note but I was listening to the stereo again while I went running and it really made me realise how... grown up the phan-base has become? Like I always knew that not everyone was a teenager, I wasn’t one either, but I really noticed that with a lot of the voice notes they played. Like you had a teacher and a lawyer and I just thought - hey... people have grown up with them and they’re still here?

Just made me think of dizzy asking me how I felt the fandom had changed since I was last active... it’s grown up.
And I wonder if that’s part of why phil also feels more comfortable being open about things outside the pg-13 topics?
I joined for the same reason they started the stereo shows to be honest. I lurked for a long time here, and everywhere there was to lurk before it was here (not just dnp stuff all general internet goss lurking). But push come to shove I have been so bored the past few months I needed something to do.

I didn't post before as I didn't know how old anyone was or if that would be weird. Even then sometimes I felt a bit like I was doing something a bit ick just reading stuff about them. I can't even watch my friends instagram stories unless I make sure to respond to acknowledge I watched it, otherwise it makes me feel like I'm being creepy.

As I got the vibes everyone was older and having extra hours of free time per day I figured why not. It's been really good to join in and feel part of a group of nice people.
illiannamontgomery
not a first-time poster
Pronouns: She/Her

I also have been a long time lurker, like for years. I started watching Phil in 2013 when I had 2 different foot surgeries that required me to be sitting or lying down for 6 months. My son was 4 and LOVED the Crave vidoes so showed me them and I got hooked. I have seen everything and read every blog. I also felt like I may be one of the "old" ones...like a boomer. Lol. I can see now that many of the fans are no longer teenagers and I don't feel weird being in my 30s and loving watch these 2 nerds interact. Be honest though I wanted to go to II but was to scared ppl would think I was someones parent. sigh....regrets...
:prideflag: I love LOVE! :prideheart2:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

somelikeitpink wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:21 pm Random note but I was listening to the stereo again while I went running and it really made me realise how... grown up the phan-base has become? Like I always knew that not everyone was a teenager, I wasn’t one either, but I really noticed that with a lot of the voice notes they played. Like you had a teacher and a lawyer and I just thought - hey... people have grown up with them and they’re still here?

I do love this. I think it's equally people who were teens in phandom literally just being older and partially that older fans might have had a bit more staying power? Whereas it's pretty natural to cycle through interests at a faster clip when you're younger.
illiannamontgomery wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:42 pm I also have been a long time lurker, like for years. I started watching Phil in 2013 when I had 2 different foot surgeries that required me to be sitting or lying down for 6 months. My son was 4 and LOVED the Crave vidoes so showed me them and I got hooked. I have seen everything and read every blog. I also felt like I may be one of the "old" ones...like a boomer. Lol. I can see now that many of the fans are no longer teenagers and I don't feel weird being in my 30s and loving watch these 2 nerds interact. Be honest though I wanted to go to II but was to scared ppl would think I was someones parent. sigh....regrets...
One of the most hilarious parts about going to the first tour was hitting up the bar and the ONLY other people ordering drinks were very clearly parents.

I hope you do get a chance to see them at an event in the future, though - and welcome to the forum (and the deppy fans in their thirties club!)!
kavat
pastel persona

So fun seeing new/returning people here! :welcome:

There is absolutely no reason to feel old, especially in this corner of phandom. I think the majority of posters here are 20+, many of us 30+ and some 40+ and beyond. In fact, the concept of being "old" when being a fan of people your own age is quite funny to me.

One of my favorite things about IDB is when people chime in with their very specific knowledge in things slightly relevant to dnp. Please continue to talk about marketing and podcasting and accounting and whatever else comes up. We're old enough to have carriers and experience in things the youngsters haven't. And hopefully the disposable income to buy whatever merch we fancy :ribena:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

What I really loved about the Stereo is that they were completed candid. There was no real script, no edits, no jumpcuts. Just them sitting there chatting.

I loved the little awkward moments of silence and them laughing. I loved Dan dropping secrets and Phil cringing but still telling the story. I love hearing about how Phil had his butt on display and Dan didn’t try to hide that he saw it. I get the feeling from them that they are ready to break away from their child like branding and the show feels mature but with proper laughs and I am totally here for this.

Also pls let the ladydoor thing and cereal stealing go, no one needs this anymore, we’ve moved on lads 😂

ps. ahhhhh hey Steffi and Christy it’s so nice to see you guys back here ❤️
illiannamontgomery wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:42 pm I also have been a long time lurker, like for years. I started watching Phil in 2013 when I had 2 different foot surgeries that required me to be sitting or lying down for 6 months. My son was 4 and LOVED the Crave vidoes so showed me them and I got hooked. I have seen everything and read every blog. I also felt like I may be one of the "old" ones...like a boomer. Lol. I can see now that many of the fans are no longer teenagers and I don't feel weird being in my 30s and loving watch these 2 nerds interact. Be honest though I wanted to go to II but was to scared ppl would think I was someones parent. sigh....regrets...
I’ve just turned 40 and I went to many shows in both tatinof and iI and you know what my advice has always been; do what makes you happy and worry less about what others think. the other good thing about this forum is a lot of us are older so you have no worries at all 😎
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
illiannamontgomery
not a first-time poster
Pronouns: She/Her

Thank you for the welcome!! I also want to caviot that my teen daughter went to TABINOF and well...when II came around clearly had moved on and was SO Embarresed I liked them. I unironically bought the DNP Games jammies and wear them just to see if I can make her break her eyeballs from all the rolling they do. I love Phil's merch most of all but do sometimes indulge in Dan's merch.
:prideflag: I love LOVE! :prideheart2:
onemoresock
drama llama
Pronouns: she/they/he

I too have been lurking everywhere on and off for years and years (i think i found dan in 2012?). I am 31 next month and so I remember when tatinof happened i had absolutely no desire to go to the show out of misguided fear that I’d be one of the oldest there. When ii happened, i was much less concerned about being in my late 20s, because by that point i think i’d realised that dnp’s audience ran the gamut of ages - and beyond that, it really didn’t matter! having said that, i still didn’t go because i didn’t think it would be as fun to do without a friend and i didn’t know anyone who watched dnp. i regret it a little, i think, although i would have more so if not for the hard work of idb and also the ability to buy the show!!

i will admit also that when i bought tabinof, i had it delivered to my workplace and then told my boss that it was for my godson. i think these days i have a lot less embarrassment over the things that bring me joy, luckily.

and oh boy do they still bring me immeasurable joy 😭 i’m still in delighted shock that we have another stereo show tomorrow.
*blows kiss* for dop and pop
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

kavat wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:03 pm One of my favorite things about IDB is when people chime in with their very specific knowledge in things slightly relevant to dnp. Please continue to talk about marketing and podcasting and accounting and whatever else comes up.
I feel called out :lol:

But seriously don't feel old! Many of us are in or rapidly approaching middle age!
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

I just wanted to say how much I love the spectrum of ages represented on IDB! I'm in my mid-twenties myself, but my fiancée and I have been talking a lot about having kids recently and it has made me think about how I want to maintain my interests and hobbies even after becoming a parent. My friends and my kids can roll their eyes if they want, but in the end I think they will benefit from having a parent who does what makes them happy no matter what anyone else thinks. Very grateful for this awesome community of people with diverse perspectives and insightful background knowledge! You all are pretty cool.

Also, I just finished Tuesday's stream and there's another coming in less than 24 hours. As someone who joined the phandom at the tail end of 2018, I am not used to keeping up with this much content!!
shan
morning quiff

LAshleigh wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:02 am Also, I just finished Tuesday's stream and there's another coming in less than 24 hours. As someone who joined the phandom at the tail end of 2018, I am not used to keeping up with this much content!!
Oh hey same! I started watching them around Dilmas of 2018 (and I had much better things to catch up on than the Sims videos..) so these past few videos/Stereos are the first *real* joint content I've been here for as it happens. It's been so overwhelming after being a two-year phannie in a time where hearing the word 'we' in a Phil video or disembodied voice in an insta story is something to get excited over :lol:
oriharakaoru
crusty sponge

fruitcriminals wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:46 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:41 pm
fruitcriminals wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:25 pm I've listened to other youtubers on stereo who have straight up said they're being moderated, and the stereo website says "We have a team of moderators who ensure Stereo Shows are free from hate speech and offensive content." So I am assuming stereo need to be assigned better moderators to not only edit out the offensive and weird messages, to also get rid of the cringe?
I genuinely don't understand how that was moderated and some of those still got through. You can see the activity in a show and they played 17 messages, but received 8468 messages. In that almost EIGHT AND A HALF THOUSAND other messages they couldn't find one that wasn't random noises? Wild.

There were also 16,257 listeners throughout and the it peaked at 10,790 listeners at one time.
First they break stereo, then they break the moderators lol! I can just imagine someone sitting in a tiny cubicle somewhere overseas with messages blasting at them through a headset whilst they cry and google what a lady door is to work out if it's offensive.
okay it's giving slightly less of a heart attack knowing that there's at least SOME moderation. but...yeah...that random sound was wild. like...????
oriharakaoru
crusty sponge

onemoresock wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:06 pm I too have been lurking everywhere on and off for years and years (i think i found dan in 2012?). I am 31 next month and so I remember when tatinof happened i had absolutely no desire to go to the show out of misguided fear that I’d be one of the oldest there. When ii happened, i was much less concerned about being in my late 20s, because by that point i think i’d realised that dnp’s audience ran the gamut of ages - and beyond that, it really didn’t matter! having said that, i still didn’t go because i didn’t think it would be as fun to do without a friend and i didn’t know anyone who watched dnp. i regret it a little, i think, although i would have more so if not for the hard work of idb and also the ability to buy the show!!

i will admit also that when i bought tabinof, i had it delivered to my workplace and then told my boss that it was for my godson. i think these days i have a lot less embarrassment over the things that bring me joy, luckily.

and oh boy do they still bring me immeasurable joy 😭 i’m still in delighted shock that we have another stereo show tomorrow.
lol i'm 40 and a teacher. last year (pre-covid teaching from home) i had a dnp poster in my office (the one from the ii dvd). colleagues would be like "what's that?" and i'd be like, "oh, haha, they are youtube comedians and they make me happy" and that was that. no big deal.

i'm late to the fandom tho (learned about them when dan posted BIG), so i missed the tours. i would have been all over that. when i get into a fandom, i really get into it.