Dan & Phil Part 98: forever home!!1!!!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Levitating
#relatable

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:34 pm
Is that Phil's chest of storage trunk, on the right? It seems dirty. Are they in the new home there perhaps?! Or is it dirt from a plant?

The stereo moderation thing also made it seem like they were rushing between one segment and the other :( Like they had to respect a timed script as opposed to naturally following the flow, which (although scripted) would sound more natural and less stressful.

I think it is lovely to hear people's voices/have the chance to actually "talk" to them ( I would never dare myself, but it's a cute feature). Mostly , I like that we get a unfiltered reaction from them to whatever gets thrown their way. They just need to let IDB moderate the messages :lol: People here would be kind and respectful.

As for Phil's reaction, generally, I thought it mostly came from Dan's "closeted-ness". So in the past, before BIG, we would get here and there a "you look like a flower" w Snoop Dog and other "cute things" for which Phil would laugh and Dan tell us "is that what you want?!": it was obviously only a joke; they were straight/definitely just best friends and thank you very much.

Now, having come out, it is for Dan a matter of testing water, I thought, in regards to getting comfortable with that kind of language and letting us slowly get "accustomed "to this more explicit implicit of 'we are a couple'. I wonder if they had a talk about it or if Dan is just literally doing it on his own terms.

I get that they want their own privacy, but on the other hand, as a person in a relationship, it is nice to be able to be free. Hiding seems romantic, but it is actually not. It's painful. So after all this years of "forcing" Phil to hide, now Dan may be trying to make that big leap (... in a couple of year lol).
Phil's lack of reaction thus would be him still hesitant about he can trust this change? I'm definitely reading too much into this. It just seems to me that he used to make those little laughs before BIG, when Dan would say something "ambigously cute" to him.
I hadn't thought about that video :( What an awful thing it must have been at the time. And I guess yes, it would be a more painful, incisive reason not to let go yet?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Today I woke up, saw Dan posted an instagram story, and didn't have a minor heart attack about it. This is both nice and also awful because when he ducks back into oblivion post-projects it's gonna be a let down.

But I do think we have at least 2-3 more weeks of regular Stereo shows and then I'm excited for whatever rolls out afterwards.

Also, Phil!
autumnhearth
senpai

Levitating wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:32 pm Is that Phil's chest of storage trunk, on the right? It seems dirty. Are they in the new home there perhaps?! Or is it dirt from a plant?
It is his storage trunk and it’s been in that same spot in the lounge of the filming flat since they moved in. I do wonder if it is storing something more practical than props at the moment. There was a video a few years ago (maybe a pinof?) where they opened it and there were still costumes and accessories. There could be potting dirt on it, but it’s always had a distressed finished.

Anyone else still bummed they gave the ampersand light away? At least it was to a friend who had really wanted it. The symbolism :( Ah well, this new era is a breath of fresh air.

I don’t know if I ever mentioned it here but in searching for that golden pig statue awhile back, the exact match and seemingly the only version of that life cast is a functional piggy bank :lol:

https://www.areaware.com/collections/h ... 5986479236
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

Levitating wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:32 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:34 pm

As for Phil's reaction, generally, I thought it mostly came from Dan's "closeted-ness". So in the past, before BIG, we would get here and there a "you look like a flower" w Snoop Dog and other "cute things" for which Phil would laugh and Dan tell us "is that what you want?!": it was obviously only a joke; they were straight/definitely just best friends and thank you very much.

Now, having come out, it is for Dan a matter of testing water, I thought, in regards to getting comfortable with that kind of language and letting us slowly get "accustomed "to this more explicit implicit of 'we are a couple'. I wonder if they had a talk about it or if Dan is just literally doing it on his own terms.

You know, I think you're right. I rewatched amazingdan for the first time in many years recently and they're not yet at that level again but not super far off? I forgot how Dan actually used to let Phil get a word in. So I don't blame Phil just sitting and quietly listening now. Saves him being talked over again anyway!

Did anyone else feel some type of way when Phil was trying to genuinely compliment Dan and say it was a glimpse into his day and how nice it was to have someone playing his favourite band's songs on the piano in his house? He maybe struggled with the wording, couldn't exactly say 'i'm so lucky my boyfriend plays me beautiful tunes' but awwww. Not sure if the compliment hit with Dan but I appreciated it nonetheless.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

fruitcriminals wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:27 pm Did anyone else feel some type of way when Phil was trying to genuinely compliment Dan and say it was a glimpse into his day and how nice it was to have someone playing his favourite band's songs on the piano in his house? He maybe struggled with the wording, couldn't exactly say 'i'm so lucky my boyfriend plays me beautiful tunes' but awwww. Not sure if the compliment hit with Dan but I appreciated it nonetheless.
Yes! I think we are so used to (mostly Dan's) more common playing up of annoyance/complaining (even though it's obvs not that big of a deal to them) that the genuine compliment side is really surprising. I wonder how much the pattern of playful/loving annoyance was born from them and their personalities and how much of it was from, or exacerbated by their closeted needs to shy away from straight up expressions of love/affection (platonic or not, people would read into it either way). Phil is trying his best and I love that. Also I feel like he maybe doesn't know how to say something like a genuine compliment with out it sounding /really/ genuine. I feel like Phil loves people seriously and that tone might feel off compared to the rest of their entertainment tone.

Also Phil's insta poll on the Virgil Gray character is 73% creepy??? smh not giving a person in a suit with a black cat, eyebrows as sharp as their jawline, a soft buzzcut and pencil mustache and a mysterious air at least chance??
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
shan
morning quiff

inanerat wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:01 am Also Phil's insta poll on the Virgil Gray character is 73% creepy??? smh not giving a person in a suit with a black cat, eyebrows as sharp as their jawline, a soft buzzcut and pencil mustache and a mysterious air at least chance??
Completely creepy! It's the expression and the moustache. If I walked in on him in a dark room looking like that, I'd run for my life.
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

inanerat wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:01 am
fruitcriminals wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:27 pm Did anyone else feel some type of way when Phil was trying to genuinely compliment Dan and say it was a glimpse into his day and how nice it was to have someone playing his favourite band's songs on the piano in his house? He maybe struggled with the wording, couldn't exactly say 'i'm so lucky my boyfriend plays me beautiful tunes' but awwww. Not sure if the compliment hit with Dan but I appreciated it nonetheless.
Also I feel like he maybe doesn't know how to say something like a genuine compliment with out it sounding /really/ genuine. I feel like Phil loves people seriously and that tone might feel off compared to the rest of their entertainment tone.

Also Phil's insta poll on the Virgil Gray character is 73% creepy??? smh not giving a person in a suit with a black cat, eyebrows as sharp as their jawline, a soft buzzcut and pencil mustache and a mysterious air at least chance??
Yes I think so too. I think Phil would happily gush about Dan.

There is a part of me that does feel a little bit like...come on Dan *sends every spare vibe available*. We love you but it's been 12 years. Just post a nice picture of the both of you when you move in or something, doesn't even need a caption. Although I think 'full time internet homowners' would be peak banter. Claim him in some small way publicly. Not for me. For Phil. His feed is all his internet mates living their lives with their partners, getting pregnant, having dogs, getting married.

I voted hot! But then I am thirsty af and a bit creepy what can I say.
inanerat
eclipse shirt

fruitcriminals wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:52 am
inanerat wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:01 am
Also I feel like he maybe doesn't know how to say something like a genuine compliment with out it sounding /really/ genuine. I feel like Phil loves people seriously and that tone might feel off compared to the rest of their entertainment tone.

Yes I think so too. I think Phil would happily gush about Dan.

There is a part of me that does feel a little bit like...come on Dan *sends every spare vibe available*. We love you but it's been 12 years. Just post a nice picture of the both of you when you move in or something, doesn't even need a caption. Although I think 'full time internet homowners' would be peak banter. Claim him in some small way publicly. Not for me. For Phil. His feed is all his internet mates living their lives with their partners, getting pregnant, having dogs, getting married.

I voted hot! But then I am thirsty af and a bit creepy what can I say.
full time internet homowners :lol: i LOVE that. I know we're already voting on the next thread name but petition for this to be on the list for the next next thread name (number 100?!?)

maybe I am a big thirsty queer but the character gives me major Dorian Electra vibes and they are hot so :shrug:

Side note in the many queer musicians Dan has talked about through the years (including today's Perfume Medley) has he ever talked about Dorian Electra? Cause I feel like there's some intense/kind of dark and very gay pop vibes to much of their music that Dan might like.
multivations
first-time poster
Pronouns: they/them

hello all, first time poster!! been lurking for a while though... anyway

idk how to quote but I love Dorian Electra! I’m surprised I didn’t realize the massive Dorian vibes in Phil’s insta story til you said that, but I also voted hot and now I understand why

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dan has properly talked about Dorian somewhere that I missed (they seem very Dan’s Old Liveshow Spotify Recommendation, for sure). That said, I remember him singing a bit of their song “F the World” either during phil and phriends or the after party!

Also, I looked into this randomly awhile ago, but think it’s very funny that Dorian follows Dan on twitter and he follows them on instagram, but they aren’t mutuals on either platform as far as I can tell

ps I absolutely love “full-time internet homowners” :rainbow:
TuxedoSam
spork

I love Dorian Electra and i'm also surprised dan doesn't really seem to listen to them much.
I did catch on the f the world bit in the live but i wasn't sure if that's what he was going for.
I remember dan also liking some photos of them from playboy on instagram.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

multivations wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:47 am hello all, first time poster!! been lurking for a while though... anyway

idk how to quote but I love Dorian Electra! I’m surprised I didn’t realize the massive Dorian vibes in Phil’s insta story til you said that, but I also voted hot and now I understand why

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dan has properly talked about Dorian somewhere that I missed (they seem very Dan’s Old Liveshow Spotify Recommendation, for sure). That said, I remember him singing a bit of their song “F the World” either during phil and phriends or the after party!

Also, I looked into this randomly awhile ago, but think it’s very funny that Dorian follows Dan on twitter and he follows them on instagram, but they aren’t mutuals on either platform as far as I can tell

ps I absolutely love “full-time internet homowners” :rainbow:
:welcome: ! Great to have you join in the bants.

You, or anyone, can add ideas to Thread Name Suggestions (Part 2) at any time! Any suggestions collected since the previous thread will appear on the next poll.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

Added it to the thread name suggestions for when they actually move. Who knew I could actually be funny after this long in lockdown. Not me!
ukhon
phillion/danosaur <//3

Intrigued to see which game they play tonight/if they’ll even play a game
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Today’s show is moving mates and they’ve prescheduled shows up to March 23rd so I don’t know if that means they’re stopping in April or they just don’t want to get to ahead of themselves but we at least have the stereo shows until the end of the month
fioebae
drama llama

fruitcriminals wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:52 am Just post a nice picture of the both of you when you move in or something, doesn't even need a caption. Although I think 'full time internet homowners' would be peak banter. Claim him in some small way publicly.
Full time internet homowners is brilliant :lol:

Also hi everyone :prideheart2: I'm new here but have been watching since early 2010!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Timestamps for the Cardbord Cings show from Tuesday!

6:10 - They talk about Dan playing the piano.
8:40 - Dan talks about how the book is going and designing cover art and planning things he'll be doing and talking about. "Stuff and content." that aren't just him talking about it.
10:00 - Dog topic introduced with a very interesting lead in where Dan talks about how they introduce things but leave it vague.
10:54 - "visit us in our sleep"
11:18 - Norman the fish talk
12:32 - Phil's been getting more into tea.
13:13 - Phil has found out he's more allergic to dogs than he thought. "Phil is horrifyingly allergic to fluffy animals. Once a cat slept on his face, he nearly died."
15:18 - Dan threatens to replace Phil by a dog. Phil says they'd both be replaced by a dog.
16:08 - "Get a cat."
17:22 - Dan talks about his fear of loss/still having anxiety dreams about Norman.
22:25 - Topic change to interior design.
27:13 - They're talking about some dogs being scared and Phil says that would be him. Dan contributes, "You're gonna pass on your genuine anxiety about everything to the dog."
32:12 - Phil talks about hotels they stayed in on tour where they want you to see each other on the toilet/glass walls to the bathroom.
33:36 - Peacocks are one of Phil's favorite animals, they talk about the Try New Things photoshoot.
35:22 - Gold pig mention! Dan wants to throw it out. They also talk briefly about how their design tastes are different, and they've reached a middle ground. One of the colors Dan has suggested is rust - "a deep speckled sunset amber hue."
36:43 - Dan exposes Phil for forgetting to get suggestions, Phil points out he's done five years of live radio.
37:30 - Dan is trying to be "generally vegan" now.
38:40 - Phil almost bought red leather pants in 2007.
39:27 - Someone suggests that Dan ban Phil.
40:25 - Phil would ban eyelashes.
48:57 - They talk about the vaccine; Phil's dad got it and his mum is about to. Dan says we're allowed to have hope.
fioebae
drama llama

Amiaw wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:47 pm Today’s show is moving mates and they’ve prescheduled shows up to March 23rd so I don’t know if that means they’re stopping in April or they just don’t want to get to ahead of themselves but we at least have the stereo shows until the end of the month
If the state of the house is anything to go by (wiring needing finishing, walls plastering, flooring needing to go down (I think it doesn't have finished floors yet from that pic but its hard to tell as they could just be covered up, though unlikely you'd do wiring/plastering after floors), and then obviously painting, its going to be a lot longer than March 23rd before they move in. Thats easily 2 months of work. Sucks for them but good for us and our stereo future :lol:
noodlebum
flower crown

I'm so confused, they've called this place both a house and an apartment several times. One of the terms must be a mistake but I can't work out which.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

noodlebum wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:50 pm I'm so confused, they've called this place both a house and an apartment several times. One of the terms must be a mistake but I can't work out which.
In my opinion I've heard lots of people refer to their apartment as a house because house can just be a general term for where you live/where you call home. I've seen people in condos, townhouses, apartments, duplexes, etc all refer to it as 'going to the house' or similar phrases. Dan and Phil themselves have referred to where they live now, which is very clearly an apartment, as their house.

I've never heard someone refer to a house as an apartment absently, though. So I really think it's an apartment and house just slips out as a general term.
fioebae
drama llama

noodlebum wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:50 pm I'm so confused, they've called this place both a house and an apartment several times. One of the terms must be a mistake but I can't work out which.
I'm 99% sure its a house, you don't really get any big customisation options in apartments and they say the could control everything but the outside. Normally with newbuilds, you buy the lot with planning permission granted and external appearance decided, but can change the inside in whatever way you want. However with newbuild apartments you really only decide the colour of cabinates etc. Plus we've seen photos of stairs and stairs inside apartments are super rare in newbuilds unless they are being incredibly rich and getting a very swish penthouse but I cant see that for them especially as they had so many complaints about noise from neighbours in the last flat

I think apartment likely is just a force of habit saying
inanerat
eclipse shirt

Seems like the game will be who's more likely to? Great set up for more domestic bants.

Also wonder why Phil's asking on insta stories and not for stereo messages? I wonder if they want to have a little more control over things they choose to talk about/not mention for this one.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

inanerat wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:02 pm Seems like the game will be who's more likely to? Great set up for more domestic bants.

Also wonder why Phil's asking on insta stories and not for stereo messages? I wonder if they want to have a little more control over things they choose to talk about/not mention for this one.
I could hear Phil’s frustration with the voice messages last time and they’ve generally been a distraction because of the (lack of) moderation so I’m a fan of anything that cuts those down
noodlebum
flower crown

fioebae wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:59 pm
I'm 99% sure its a house, you don't really get any big customisation options in apartments and they say the could control everything but the outside. Normally with newbuilds, you buy the lot with planning permission granted and external appearance decided, but can change the inside in whatever way you want. However with newbuild apartments you really only decide the colour of cabinates etc. Plus we've seen photos of stairs and stairs inside apartments are super rare in newbuilds unless they are being incredibly rich and getting a very swish penthouse but I cant see that for them especially as they had so many complaints about noise from neighbours in the last flat

I think apartment likely is just a force of habit saying
Yeah that's the way I'm leaning too, but who knows
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:56 pm
In my opinion I've heard lots of people refer to their apartment as a house because house can just be a general term for where you live/where you call home. I've seen people in condos, townhouses, apartments, duplexes, etc all refer to it as 'going to the house' or similar phrases. Dan and Phil themselves have referred to where they live now, which is very clearly an apartment, as their house.

I've never heard someone refer to a house as an apartment absently, though. So I really think it's an apartment and house just slips out as a general term.
I agree with this. They've said apartment at least twice now.

London has lots of new fancy condos you can completely customize if you buy early enough (say.... 3 years ago....) So, to me it really sounds like this is what they did. Especially with Dan mentioning once that they can't change the outside or structure.

IDK. I just can't see myself ever saying "apartment" out of habit. :shrug: If I bought a house, I'd say house. 'Cause omg, house. Ya know?

I also just think D&P are total Penthouse People. Dan - ground level? He would never. :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:33 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:56 pm

I agree with this. They've said apartment at least twice now.

London has lots of new fancy condos you can completely customize if you buy early enough (say.... 3 years ago....) So, to me it really sounds like this is what they did. Especially with Dan mentioning once that they can't change the outside or structure.

IDK. I just can't see myself ever saying "apartment" out of habit. :shrug: If I bought a house, I'd say house. 'Cause omg, house. Ya know?

I also just think D&P are total Penthouse People. Dan - ground level? He would never. :lol:
Now I just wanna watch them design Dab and Evan's apartment again. :(