Dan & Phil Part 98: forever home!!1!!!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

And in case you're checking back in after a while and missed the lovely barrage of joint content lately...

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Quoting over some of the most recent posts on the previous thread:
Susanisnotafish wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:38 am So many thoughts about the Afterparty! Top ten Things I missed about them being together that were back (in no particular order):

1. Phil sassing Dan.
2. Dan making up songs.
3. Them acting parental.
4. Dan saying f***. (I was sad he didn’t swear in the first stereo.)
5. Phil being so happy about Dan doing stuff Phil planned for Dan to do.
6. Phil being obsessed with Dan’s hair.
7. Dan signing off a live show with something wholesome.
8. Dan not eating before a live show.
9. Phil agreeing with whatever Dan says, even if he contradicts himself.
10. Their love of Japan.

ETA a couple more:

11. Dan’s self awareness. “Being thanked for 40 minutes of content? What have I done to this audience?”
12. Dan exposing Phil. “You call me when you need to use me to avoid random conversations or if you need milk (aka sweets).”

And one thing I didn’t miss (but apparently is still a thing even on an 18+ app):

Phil saying “eff” instead of f***.
skittles wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:48 am i'm just echoing everyone that said PODCAST. i'm terrible at listening to podcasts but for deppy i would TRY, okay.
000dia000 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:07 am Back again <3

Nothing new to contribute but I'm happy the "when are they getting a house??" discussion has been put to rest: the answer is yes, they're getting a forever home :foreverhome:

:newyear:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Im glad we got some joint content but I do hope that some of these people stick around for Phil’s next few videos. I just feel bad the phandom doesn’t show up for him and that today another youtuber got a YouTube game show because even though he doesn’t say anything he’s human so he’s got to be feeling a certain way
And before anyone comes for me, I enjoyed the joint content and would like to see it more. I’m just in my feelings for Phil because he’s so supportive but underrated and I feel like he deserves more appreciation.
kavat
pastel persona

The video just hit a million views in 21 hours. That's kind of insane. The last video of his that has over 1m was the glasses video back in 2019.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

kavat wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:06 pm The video just hit a million views in 21 hours. That's kind of insane. The last video of his that has over 1m was the glasses video back in 2019.
Holy shit. Their POWER. I'm so impressed and also just happy for them? While I don't think this will be a factor that sways Dan back to youtube and - like amiaw said - I do hope that more people start turning out for Phil's solo videos - this has to feel good and validating for them just to know that they do still have an audience that cares.

I also keep thinking about how Dan did probably mean to be back on youtube by now and how much covid fucked up in that regard. He basically said it in the show: the book was supposed to be the last thing he did, but now that he has two more projects on hold, he'll stop and take a break and think what next after those. So presumably in his original timeline that taking a breath, deciding what next, etc would have been happening around May-June of this year.

Also, what would 2020 have even looked in (phandom wise) if we had gotten those two Dan solo projects? I find it almost impossible to even imagine.
casualsun
delia smith

Amiaw wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:28 pm Im glad we got some joint content but I do hope that some of these people stick around for Phil’s next few videos. I just feel bad the phandom doesn’t show up for him and that today another youtuber got a YouTube game show because even though he doesn’t say anything he’s human so he’s got to be feeling a certain way
And before anyone comes for me, I enjoyed the joint content and would like to see it more. I’m just in my feelings for Phil because he’s so supportive but underrated and I feel like he deserves more appreciation.
I agree. I know they’ve said they enjoy making content together, etc., but they clearly also enjoy making content separately too. And Phil clearly enjoys Youtube still. It’s kind of sad that all his recent videos got barely any views and this hits 1M, and then his solo videos after this will probs be low views too. I hope some of Phil’s projects work out and he gets to truly shine!
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I am not surprised it hit 1 mln views so fast. I mean, let’s be real: it’s the first proper joint video in TWO (2) years. Phannies were all over it as soon as it got uploaded for that exact reason and ex-phannies were too - ‘Dan and Phil’ trended on Twitter and tumblr and I saw a lot of comments of people who don’t watch them anymore but they checked out that vid out of curiosity after seeing the title.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

Amiaw wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:28 pm Im glad we got some joint content but I do hope that some of these people stick around for Phil’s next few videos.
I think many of us have been around long enough to know the answer to that. Some will, many won't- unfortunately it's something that Phil is quite familiar with by now. People were so excited for joint content that it's not surprising that this video is pulling numbers like it is. So he might get a bump in viewers for his next video, depending on when it goes up/ what it's about.

I'm also on team podcast but without the voice messages or with better screening of them. Some people don't know how to act and it makes me too anxious to listen lol
Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

something weird about dnp to me is their relationship with toilets? they have separate toilets, which is weird to me, but sure, sounds good actually, i would do the same if i had the money to live in a place with more than one bathroom.
but for a couple who've been living together for 10 years, shouldn't they be more comfortable with things like sharing toilet paper? this is coming from my own experience living with my gf and the couples i know irl, and from the very little i know about their actual life :indepthbaths:
the candlelight by the crescent moon
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Amiaw wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:28 pm Im glad we got some joint content but I do hope that some of these people stick around for Phil’s next few videos. I just feel bad the phandom doesn’t show up for him and that today another youtuber got a YouTube game show because even though he doesn’t say anything he’s human so he’s got to be feeling a certain way
I know exactly which youtuber you're talking about and while that's a great thing, after hearing that Phil pitched in a whole interactive game show and nothing? That sucks.

Also the video's #2 trending omg and with that thumbnail and caption?? It's gonna gain clicks even faster. Phil get 👏that👏 coin 👏
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

yellowsubmarine wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:43 pm
I know exactly which youtuber you're talking about and while that's a great thing, after hearing that Phil pitched in a whole interactive game show and nothing? That sucks.

Also the video's #2 trending omg and with that thumbnail and caption?? It's gonna gain clicks even faster. Phil get 👏that👏 coin 👏
It makes me wonder if Phil actually pitched to youtube or elsewhere? With their BBC connections I could see him being more far-reaching with his goals. (Not that a youtube show wouldn't be great for him, but - they do have those other connections a lot of youtubers don't.)
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I was looking at the comments on the video and saw that the official YouTube account posted this: "Dan + Phil = already making 2021 SO much better"

I'm really intrigued by this whole seemingly very official and formal collaboration happening with Dan and YT. I don't know anything about how YT works, but I know they've produced original series before behind a paywall, and I wonder what sort of production they've pitched to Dan or accepted from Dan and how that might play into a larger YT strategy to .... I don't know, break into a different market than they have now? I don't know, I'm not really up on what new media is doing, but I do wonder about the overall strategy and aim here and why Dan seems to have such support from the upper management.

Re: Phil. I think he knows his content is gonna have less eyeballs, but I don't think his view numbers are bad at all, if you don't compare him to his past self. Like, I doubt he's that fixated on it, or at least for his sake, I hope he's not. I'm sure he understands since he, too, also likes Dan. I was actually more interested to hear about the things he's pitched and am just in general surprised he has any creative energy if he's doing regular YouTube videos and coming up with spec ideas and learning about pitching to potentially new outlets and also dealing with quarantine. Anyone in a creative field likely has to learn to deal with the 99% failure rate of most projects and I'm just kinda impressed by anyone who keeps trying. I feel like Phil is a much more niche kinda creator, though, with maybe a limited range; like he's so thoroughly himself that I have a hard time imagining him doing on-camera work in another medium, but I can totally see him being a writer or ideas person. He's an interesting mix to me of someone who has creative ambitions but also seems to have a very practical side. Honestly, Philly is a bit of a cipher to me and sometimes I think I understand him and other times he's totally opaque. :snow:

(also, I'd love to know which YouTuber game show was just announced if anyone wants to mention it)
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Kurapika wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:25 pm something weird about dnp to me is their relationship with toilets? they have separate toilets, which is weird to me, but sure, sounds good actually, i would do the same if i had the money to live in a place with more than one bathroom.
but for a couple who've been living together for 10 years, shouldn't they be more comfortable with things like sharing toilet paper? this is coming from my own experience living with my gf and the couples i know irl, and from the very little i know about their actual life :indepthbaths:
Is it weird to want your own bathroom? I live in a house with 5 people and we all have to share one bathroom. I would love to have to clean just for myself and not everyone. They have two bathrooms in THIS apartment should that mean because they are a couple they should only use one?. The issue isn’t they cant share toilet paper..?? It’s that because Phil took Dans from his bathroom dan was left with none and had to call for Phil to bring him some lol I’ve saw a lot of people when dnp first said it as a way to disprove their relationship (not thats what you are doing). Also we know Phil’s shampoo and conditioner was in the on-site bathroom from when they did pinof.

I don’t like how I'm use to this joint content already I don’t want to go back to Phil never talking about dan. Also does anyone else think the past two years have actually gone really fast. You’re telling me 2 whole years have gone by without a joint video? No surly not. Maybe because of dapgo the past two years have kept me happy plus Phils videos but doesn’t feel like it’s been that long.

Dans book: so I didn’t pre order Dans book because it’s such a long wait but now it’s getting closer I might consider buying it. I was going to buy a kindle version so I could read it right away. My birthday is in April so I might give in and actually get the book. Anyway I love dan and phil <3
Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Secretstanner wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:59 pm
Kurapika wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:25 pm something weird about dnp to me is their relationship with toilets? they have separate toilets, which is weird to me, but sure, sounds good actually, i would do the same if i had the money to live in a place with more than one bathroom.
Is it weird to want your own bathroom? I live in a house with 5 people and we all have to share one bathroom. I would love to have to clean just for myself and not everyone. They have two bathrooms in THIS apartment should that mean because they are a couple they should only use one?. The issue isn’t they cant share toilet paper..?? It’s that because Phil took Dans from his bathroom dan was left with none and had to call for Phil to bring him some lol I’ve saw a lot of people when dnp first said it as a way to disprove their relationship (not thats what you are doing). Also we know Phil’s shampoo and conditioner was in the on-site bathroom from when they did pinof.
nah, that's not what i meant! i would also have separate bathrooms with my gf with we could (but taking showers together is a must lmao 8-) ). what i meant is that they sometimes seem uncomfortable while talking about things like toilets and toiler paper, which is weird considering how long they've been living together (sometimes you just gotta scream for help because you don't have toilet paper :shrug: ).
but, it could just be that they're uncomfortable talking about it in camera! which is also fine! or maybe people in europe are shyer about these topics than us in brasil?
the candlelight by the crescent moon
lor_192
tol bean

I haven't posted here in four years lol, but after I saw them in Berlin for Tatinof I loved them even more , though the obsession eventually ceased (or so I believed). The newest video and afterparty made me miss DNPGames even more!! Their chemistry is ridiculous and has only improved over the years. Dan is chaotic and loud as ever, and i cannot wait to get some more house news!
TuxedoSam
*editing tips*

Kurapika wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:11 pm
Secretstanner wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:59 pm
nah, that's not what i meant! i would also have separate bathrooms with my gf with we could (but taking showers together is a must lmao 8-) ). what i meant is that they sometimes seem uncomfortable while talking about things like toilets and toiler paper, which is weird considering how long they've been living together (sometimes you just gotta scream for help because you don't have toilet paper :shrug: ).
but, it could just be that they're uncomfortable talking about it in camera! which is also fine! or maybe people in europe are shyer about these topics than us in brasil?
yeah and Phil said "it was very awkward" when he had to bring Dan toilet paper but what's awkward like didn't they saw eachother pooping already in 10 years of a relationship ? i get that some people are poop shy but idk it's weird to me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Just in case you forgot, Dan has a reminder for you.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:29 pm Just in case you forgot, Dan has a reminder for you.
Oh, phew! I honestly wasn't sure for a minute there. But I'm glad he clarified.

Also I appreciate the clarification in combination with that video thumbnail. We really are living in the Future.

:rainbowtears:
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Ok lads, timestamp time. (The AP vid, might do the aftershow later if I have time) I have many thoughts. Many lols. Dizzy already did a timestamp post which you can see here, I've tried to only add things other than that and general markers.

0:35- The fact that they still do the little pillow thing and introduction after all these years despite the fact that it's immensely obvious is so endearing to me for some reason
1:38- 'I just want to give a content warning for Dan because, you know, his mouth is filled with soil' I love this. Also a lot of Dan's most questionable comments were cut from the video so tbh not really needed
2:09- 'I hope y'all had a nice festive seas' Please grandad. Deservedly called out by Dan for Phrasing
3:06- Phil put up the smiley pic of Dan with his long hair? Honestly still such a good picture, thanks Phil.
Also, even just the change to picture for a few seconds had an added 'wow' sound effect. I see why this video took a while to get to us, there is a lot of small edits
3:13- Shows up many times, but the curl on the right side of Dan's head that's completely up and to the left is amazing.
3:51- 'This is how well I know Phil' Dan reminding us that even though we haven't seen him in ages and he lost the Phil quiz, he is still #1 amazingphil stan and don't we dare think otherwise
4:53- Some of Dan's filth about bath balls was cut out here lmao
Also all the VPMO2 and Beard Edit chat and sorting out the echo was cut
6:10- Somehow I didn't catch this originally but the recognizing the Tesco guy was in Manchester? So probably a while ago??
6:17- Calm down Mr. Eyebrows
7:00 Embarrassed facepalm from Phil after the porn story
7:50- I really appreciate Dan's acknowledgement of how being an introvert at the beginning of lockdown was kind of funny and like 'am I meant for this?' and that it's not now and he does crave seeing people sometimes. I relate.
8:36- Right after Phil says 'If I think about it too much I get quite emotional' Dan does this tiny little 'aw :/' noise?? It is both adorable and funny to me
9:10- 'Something I've seen a lot of people complaining about is how I don't have any clothes at the moment 'cause everything I've done on IG is like one stripy tshirt etc..' I know this was a moving segue but I feel like this is that Dan thing where he like,, focuses disproportionately on things people have complained about compared to what we've actually been complaining about. We're just happy to see ur face Dan, who tf is complaining??
10:12- Pic of Phil at the house!! Something about actually seeing this picture really hit me like,, fuck. It's real. It's happening.
Also pic analysis: looks like they're going to have some swank floating stairs, and I wonder when this was taken? Seems like summer. Interesting to see where it was at, seems like walls in but no trim or flooring or anything.
10:50- Pic of dnpg room full of big boxes followed by pic of Dan w box on head
11:27- I get Dan's differing feelings on house tours. I would fucking love to see one tbh, in a chaotic dnp way where the focus isn't really how nice everything is despite the fact that it definitely will be but like random stuff, little anecdotes about how they agonized and went back and forth over some wall color for days.
12:20- DnD chat, making gay characters for themselves, like every queer ever
13:44- Steve and Scraggy chat, some interesting small two flat discrepancies around 'we will miss Steve' implying that they haven't parted from him yet and 'don't remind me of Steve' implying that they have already left and miss him
14:38- Dan goes through big life stages, skips kid and goes straight to grandson, implying a kid in between
14:56- DOG TALK and their worries about getting a dog. Dan would struggle with the emotional investment, Phil worries about the responsibility of taking care of the dog
16:20- Were approached by a dog adoption show but it didn't work out cause not moved yet, maybe it could still happen in the future. (pls god)
16:42- I've noticed people making a deal about how Dan is miscaptioned here saying 'say lovey' instead of 'c'est la vie'. Just to be clear, this is a hired Rev caption job, as Phil has been doing for a while and this is just the captioner (non-fandom person) not understanding Dan's use of a common french phrase.
17:05- Begin gaming channel, Dan's plans questions
18:40- Video clip of Dan on the living flat balcony (fairly recently? there are no leaves on the trees) waving his arms around. His sweatpants are on 2/3 of his ass, at best.
18:44- Soft Dan speech on appreciating that people miss and support him and want to see more of/from him.
19:28- Dan's sultry pic. The wandering little circle of censor is hilarious to me
20:49- Dan makes no verbal or physical response to Phil's 'PHilth' pun.
20:55- More on how Phil has edited this VERY well and carefully, so that the person's repetition of 'so much fucking goat yoga' isn't noticeable (the audio is there very faintly with the swear muted)
21:40- Crying yoga fanart. Giving me strong En Garde AU vibes
23:32- Dan talks book contracts, press and photoshoots
23:48- Y'all are on about the pillow thing being cute?? Phil lightly punching Dan in the arm being excited about the boot story is what ended me.
24:16- 'it's not just horny cis gay men in their mid 30's' ngl I was expecting a cheeky 'same' joke there
24:52- Dan goes on about the Alexander McQueen outfit, McQueen was a gay British fashion designer and I think Dan has talked about him at least once in old liveshows. The fashion gays stan.
25:50- Dan talking about the privacy screen and Phil giggling to himself as he does those '100% just trying to get the boot on :boredwank: ' motions
27:34- Hearing Phil talk about creative things and pitches that he's done that haven't worked out always makes me sad and watching his face here makes me even sadder. There's a bit of dejectedness and frustration there that he doesn't usually let us see.
28:35- Trimming Phil's hair talk, then Phil's topic of hair from Phill in the Blanks is spliced in
28:48- Blonde filter Dan pic?! (From Christmas btw, same outfit, same drink) Honestly I was not a big fan of the idea but seeing the picture it doesn't look bad. With that outfit and the hair he's giving me like some k-pop fashion vibes
28:53- Crisis twink is my new gender identity. Looking forward to Phil bleaching his hair and living his dream as a crisis twink as a result of all the moving stress
29:30- Pasta talk. dnp are going to be those uncles that make some good box mac and cheese
29:32- Dan reaches behind Phil to rearrange the cushion. Phil leans in a little bit and then stays still to figure out what Dan's doing
30:04- Dan's 3 projects and TATINOF/TABINOF chat
31:05- Book spon moment, talk about process of deciding what the book is
32:58- Phil's actual book review: 'It's funny but also helpful
33:13- Throughout this whole video I've been observing Phil's listening face, but this one is especially funny with a little eyebrow journey
33:34- Phil uses this sparkle effect often (it's in VPMO2) and it annoys me because you can always see the rectangular edge of the effect overlaid on the video
34:05- Dan says bye in a funny voice
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
Phantasy
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:29 pm Just in case you forgot, Dan has a reminder for you.
His ancient thirst reblogs of young Leo and Dane DeHaan shout “we been knew!”.
;)
formlessblobsunite
drama llama

god, i've been quietly yelling about everything for a while, but something i gotta yell about loudly that ties in with the tumblr post: 41:21 of this video.

It's a casual discussion about Eurovision and how they've never been and Dan just drops a "We are gay" in there with absolute ease and I'm dumbfounded because all I can think of is BIG when it was a big and scary thing to say :rainbowtears:
:rainbowtears:
Levitating
#relatable

do you know how their views (I guess in Phi's channel and this last video collaboration w/ Dan) compared to British youtubers/British context?

I am so happy to see them trending (more views for them, more motivation to keep working and give us content), but when I then see James Charles' views, numbers are scary?

Are Phil's views average? Are they "good" compared to other British contents?

I went through your FAQs in this forum and everything - so interesting! <3 - but, touching upon that bathroom thing, could you please update me on your theories about them sharing a bedroom/bed?
I just noticed that in their Japan videos they seem to share a bed. Is it true?
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Levitating wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:46 pm I went through your FAQs in this forum and everything - so interesting! <3 - but, touching upon that bathroom thing, could you please update me on your theories about them sharing a bedroom/bed?
I just noticed that in their Japan videos they seem to share a bed. Is it true?
If you ever want to look up something from past discussion such as bedroom theories you can just put in bedroom, bed, hotel and holidays (I’m not sure japhan 0.1 stuff is actually on this site though because that’s 2015? But it probably popped up) etc into the search bar. You will find a lot from the years. I do it with other things just to see what has changed in the past 3 nearly 4 since I started reading on here. Man that’s scary.

I mean are there current theories? We have seen two rooms in this current apartment. One is filled with moving boxes the other is the old amazingphil filming room. So Dans currently sleeping on the bathroom floor. Rip Dans back.
shan
morning quiff

While it's not at all surprising his video hit 1 mil views so quickly, I don't think it's right to say his normal content gets no views. Hovering around 300k-500k views for most videos in the last last year is still a lot of eyes on his content. Rather than comparing his current views to past Phil, I usually look at other youtubers who started around the same time and are still making content and have a viable career from it (Tyler Oakley and Grace Helbig are usually my go-to's for this). Phil is actually pulling some great numbers considering the length of time he's been making content and the fact that it hasn't changed a huge amount over the last decade.

Comparing the AP channel to beauty or gaming youtubers is not a good comparison imo since they are totally different genres of content and the viewership for gaming/beauty is significantly higher than the kind of low-key comedy videos Phil makes.

His views on solo content will absolutely go down again but he's still pulling great numbers, getting plenty of good sponsorships, selling out of merch items super quick and is not at risk of going destitute in the foreseeable future.
oblongdisposition
dank meme
Pronouns: She/her

This may just be a coincidence but the possibility of this being about the tesco man is killing me :rofl: Also, is the video not monetized?