Dan & Phil Part 99: OnlyPhans

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

Absolutely loved this one. No idea why but I was cry laughing at phil’s story about his connecting pipes class. Like the class itself was so ridiculous but also dan going off about how none of phil’s stories sound real. Like how many times has he had text Kath or Martyn being like ‘is he fucking with me?’
Levitating
#relatable

I was a tiny bit disappointed by the fact that they did not touch more on what happened in their past. That fetus picture and the "talk about the future" had made me so excited about the prospect of them dedicating the episode to the past/future.

YET, it is the same reason why I loved that washing machine story! :rainbowtears: :rainbowtears: :rainbowtears: :rainbowtears: :rainbowtears:

Phil was exactly who Dan needed at the time and tangible help like this, in that moment of crisis, is so precious, especially because during a crisis you feel so alone and desperate. You get into a crisis because you feel there's nothing that can be done.

And in that moment of vulnerability he knew he could count on Phil! Who wouldn't ask too many questions and who would help regardless of how strange, immature, childish etc the problem seemed to Dan himself. :rainbowtears:
starsandshards
living flop

twas a great stereo. occasionally wanted dan to calm down and be quiet and let phil talk (okay, constantly not occasionally) but it was very cute and funny and god i love stories of phil's childhood.

my favourite part was probably phil ragging on dan for mispronouncing something since he always rags on phil about it. GET HIM.

aside, some forum related bumf - i love this forum. all that discussion a few pages back and no one argued or anything. just kind, thoughtful posts between people learning about things. it was so, so refreshing to see, having been a part of some truly toxic online environments over the years. you guys are so great and i feel so welcomed and safe here. credit to you all for cultivating and maintaining such an environment.
noodlebum
flower crown

Ahh I loved that Stereo, the cabbage story and connecting-pipes-class stories were hysterical!
I wonder if Phil noticed Dan say he made 'fingerless sandwiches' and chose not to roast him anymore than he already had done :lol:
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Ok I'm relistening to yesterday's show and I noticed this last week too, but when did Phil start saying 'for sure' so much. Like idk if it's a reference or something he just started saying but it is so fucking funny to me. That along with '100%'

Like Dan will be off on some tangent and Phil will just respond 'for sure. 100% -.-' and it just fucking gets me.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

inanerat wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:51 pm Ok I'm relistening to yesterday's show and I noticed this last week too, but when did Phil start saying 'for sure' so much. Like idk if it's a reference or something he just started saying but it is so fucking funny to me. That along with '100%'

Like Dan will be off on some tangent and Phil will just respond 'for sure. 100% -.-' and it just fucking gets me.
I imagine Phil just having a mental rolodex of filler responses when Dan is on a tangent just to register he's still listening. Brain empty, no thoughts, just mindless support for the boyfriend.

Also, throwing this out there to anyone: the new details of the laundry story makes me wonder which other og Dan and Phil stories we might eventually get more details about. Top of my list would be filming the original pinof, but also 'babuse' and I want more insight into the baking videos like how we got to learn about the stress behind the merengues. Also that time Dan dropped his phone because of the spider? And maybe they'll talk about some of their Greece trips more at some point?? God the possibilities are endless and I really *NEED* this Stereo thing to go on more than another couple of weeks. ;_;
madytastic
dank meme

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:09 pm
inanerat wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:51 pm Ok I'm relistening to yesterday's show and I noticed this last week too, but when did Phil start saying 'for sure' so much. Like idk if it's a reference or something he just started saying but it is so fucking funny to me. That along with '100%'

I imagine Phil just having a mental rolodex of filler responses when Dan is on a tangent just to register he's still listening. Brain empty, no thoughts, just mindless support for the boyfriend.

Also, throwing this out there to anyone: the new details of the laundry story makes me wonder which other og Dan and Phil stories we might eventually get more details about. Top of my list would be filming the original pinof, but also 'babuse' and I want more insight into the baking videos like how we got to learn about the stress behind the merengues. Also that time Dan dropped his phone because of the spider? And maybe they'll talk about some of their Greece trips more at some point?? God the possibilities are endless and I really *NEED* this Stereo thing to go on more than another couple of weeks. ;_;
Hold on, is there insight to be had regarding babuse LOL i thought it was just a stupid thing they started saying as just like a portmanteau for "banana abuse"
inanerat
eclipse shirt

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:09 pm

God it reminds me of that clip in the making of tabinof with Dan sat at the desk making noises and Phil filming him from the bed. like..

D: aah Aah. It's weird how some sounds don't do it.
P: yeh..
D: oot broot! That's so weird I don't understand.
P: *contented low giggling* I just filmed you doing that you looked so weird 🥰 *more soft chuckling*

That entire clip lives in my head rent free. There's something about Dan just going off about something and Phil sitting watching him, encouraging him but not really knowing wtf is going on, just enjoying watching/listening to Dan talk about something that fills my heart.

Also same I would love to hear more background to classic stories, I was kinda sad with the old vegas pic that we didn't get anything like that about any of their vegas trips in the show :(

Side note there's no IDB smiley I can find with the same energy as 🥰, that just really perfectly describes how dnp sound talking to each other sometimes. Just that like,, casual sweetness and lowkey adoration that you can hear.

Edit: on babuse, the first time I remember hearing it is from the future telling video as a combination of 'banana' and 'abuse' but it became part of their lexicon from then on whenever they hit/poke/etc. each other and I've always (and I think others too) found it funny since without the banana context it sounds a lot more like a combination of 'babe' and 'abuse' which is very much the vibe when they flirtily mess with each other.
Last edited by inanerat on Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Not to mention finding out more about why Dan is such a terrible blerson.....
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
glitterintheair
phillluminati

inanerat wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:46 pm Edit: on babuse, the first time I remember hearing it is from the future telling video as a combination of 'banana' and 'abuse' but it became part of their lexicon from then on whenever they hit/poke/etc. each other and I've always (and I think others too) found it funny since without the banana context it sounds a lot more like a combination of 'babe' and 'abuse' which is very much the vibe when they flirtily mess with each other.
The first time we heard babuse was actually during PINOF8! But in that case was book abuse.
Anyway yeah I find it funny they use babuse so much, it really seems a combination between babe and abuse.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

noodlebum wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:37 pm Ahh I loved that Stereo, the cabbage story and connecting-pipes-class stories were hysterical!
I wonder if Phil noticed Dan say he made 'fingerless sandwiches' and chose not to roast him anymore than he already had done :lol:
The fingerless sandwiches thing made me laugh & reminded me of the liveshow where they showed us the candle Phil got Dan for his birthday and Dan said he was a person with "elephant and refined taste" instead of "elegant" and Phil so fondly teased him about it. I think Phil loves it when Dan makes word flubs, just like he loves it when Dan makes silly typos (sock band).

I liked the little anecdote about their friends roasting Dan when he said "sirriculum" instead of "curriculum" because even though dnp have told us many times that Dan isn't mean to Phil and it's all bants, I still see people criticizing him for the way he talks to Phil. Dan is louder and sometimes comes across as more abrasive but Phil definitely dishes it out too, and now we know it's something their whole friend group does to each other. It's all just friendly bants.
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

I liked the stereo because aside from a random dan parkour from shrimp to living in a cabin contemplating life while Phil adopts hamsters it basically stayed within the realm of just cute and fun and nice to listen to after a stressful day. I don't want mad revelations lads, all I want is to know about a few nice cute domestic things that we missed out on cos y'all were in the closet at the time and some interiors info. Like where are you buying these plants for example. And more Dan failing at food shopping.

As an aside, michaelandmatt 's little instagram videos are always funny but the recent one on the stairs is so giving me Dan having a washing machine meltdown it had me cackling.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

glitterintheair wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:08 pm
inanerat wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:46 pm Edit: on babuse, the first time I remember hearing it is from the future telling video as a combination of 'banana' and 'abuse' but it became part of their lexicon from then on whenever they hit/poke/etc. each other and I've always (and I think others too) found it funny since without the banana context it sounds a lot more like a combination of 'babe' and 'abuse' which is very much the vibe when they flirtily mess with each other.
The first time we heard babuse was actually during PINOF8! But in that case was book abuse.
Anyway yeah I find it funny they use babuse so much, it really seems a combination between babe and abuse.
I'm 50/50 on if it's 'babe abuse' or 'boyfriend abuse' and frankly either one is cute as fuck and I'm here for it.
inanerat
eclipse shirt

lefthandedism wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:48 pm Not to mention finding out more about why Dan is such a terrible blerson.....
Hey, he mentioned watching The Real Housewives with Phil last week, so he should be feeling less like a terrible blerson :lol:
brq
phillion/danosaur <//3

I love hearing these little words/terms they've made up and use in their conversations to each other, it's such a cute long-term relationship thing. Me and my partner do it too and it's so comforting in a silly homely way
:prideheart2:
soveinco
drama llama

Random throwback question from watching old Phil videos: did the end screens with Lion and Lioness used to have annotations over them where they said stuff, or were they always silent?

Similarly, did "hello internet" originally have an actual "Dan" annotation between his hands? I feel like I've seen a screengrab of that one from a panel or something where they played it onstage, from before annotations went away.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

soveinco wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:07 am Random throwback question from watching old Phil videos: did the end screens with Lion and Lioness used to have annotations over them where they said stuff, or were they always silent?

Similarly, did "hello internet" originally have an actual "Dan" annotation between his hands? I feel like I've seen a screengrab of that one from a panel or something where they played it onstage, from before annotations went away.
Lion and Lioness did have annotations. :( I still hate that youtube killed those completely. Phil made such creative use out of them with his choose your own adventure style videos.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

soveinco wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:07 am Random throwback question from watching old Phil videos: did the end screens with Lion and Lioness used to have annotations over them where they said stuff, or were they always silent?

Hello Internet didn't have annotations. And rip the annotations on Lion and Lioness :lion: . I loved old-school Phil.
"Why am I left-handed?"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Timestamps from the last liveshow!
:5 - Opens with Dan being upset by a memory of "It's Time" - which is apparently from pinof 6.
1:48 - Phil paints a mental picture of what he currently looks like.
2:09 - "This is what happens when you buy clothes without consulting me first." Then calls Phil buying things for himself as 'rebelling.'
3:14 - Dan talks about his job interview process.
3:50 - Phil tries to give some real advice and I am physically transported back to the II advice section.
5:00 - Shrimp adventure! They're downsizing.
6:36 - There is a mystery hole in their wall.
7:22 - Phil talks about his grandmother calling the area in her house where she stores all her stuff 'a little gloryhole.'
8:55 - Dan is a dumb bitch and that's the topic for the day: things school didn't teach us.
9:23 - Dan says he and Phil have failed in a good direction as adults.
10:08 - Curriculum convo (brief silence in my recording during that part, because thanks Stereo)
11:44 - Phil's adult fail that he thinks school should teach is laundry/ironing.
12:54 - Dan's laundromat crisis at university.
15:03 - Taxes.
16:24 - Grocery shopping. Phil's "Oh, Dan." here. ;_; Phil tells a lettuce story.
20:00 - Phil talks about the pneumatics class.
22:15 - Sign language/languages in school.
24:07 - Dan talks about when he had a car and he took it into a garage and it turned out to be out of gas. Dan mentions his dad should have done - Phil adds in 'or your mum' and Dan says he specifically means HIS parents.
26:36 - Dan questions Phil on why every segment they've ever done on anything has a news segment. Phil thinks the tv news doesn't cover the weird stuff enough.
27:05 - The question is what will 2071 be like. (Dan immediately brings up climate change.) It relates to a news story where a woman found a letter she wrote in 1969 about what the future will be.
29:00 - Dan's breakdown over Phil reading starts and continues on for over a minute.
30:43 - Climate change audio message.
31:29 - Audio message about robots being a sexuality.
33:04 - Audio message about everyone being born with antenna.
33:56 - Dan mentions Wall-E.
34:32 - Audio message about them teaching spinach how to send emails.
35:05 - They talk about Pengu for a bit.
35:30 - Dan's thoughts on the future. He says a lot of words.
36:58 - Phil's thoughts on the future: you're gonna be able to record your dreams.
37:20 - Fish dreams. Phil dreamt about having eight new betta fish and shopping for tanks with Dan.
37:54 - Dan says a lot of words. Few of them make sense. Phil says "Yeah." occasionally.
39:08 - One more from the audience becuase Phil needs to 'get rid of the disturbing feeling' after Dan's rant.
39:25 - Dan ends the segment on a wholesome note.
40:04 - Dan introduces the next segment: Dan the Business Man.
40:49 - There is a stretch of silence here where Stereo was messing disconnecting, only briefly intercut with Dan saying "work the shaft."
41:29 - Audio comes back with some kind of comment on fashion/removing color.
41:45 - Phil's idea is a sock detector. Each sock has a microchip and an app traces it.
42:30 - Audio message: nose sock company. (Phil says he doesn't like scarves. Somewhere, Auntie Roz weeps.)
43:38 - Audio message: Microwaves that make food out of thin air. Dan approves it based on the energy alone.
44:25 - Audio message: Cactus dildo. Cactus dildo. Cactus dildo.
45:17 - Audio message: A library that is a cafe and a bakery.
47:23 - Very wholesome Dan sign off.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I am VERY excited for them to be playing Heartthrob on Stereo today... that's one of my favorite DAPG videos to go back and watch :love1:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

GAY HEARTHROB

dreams do come true ;_;
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

soveinco
drama llama

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:01 pm GAY HEARTHROB

dreams do come true ;_;
It's wild to me (who joined after they came out) that the first Hearthrob was BEFORE they came out. They were really in full "boil the frog" mode at that point.

Phil's taken-aback "like a project?" also lives in my head all the time. The character that Dan doesn't choose is . . . not NOT Phil-like (as they themselves mention), so I'm always like 👀 at Phil's reaction to Dan choosing the other one. "The reason I like Bobby is because..." "The guns" "No! Mayb--"

On the edge of my work-from-home office chair to see what chaos this new round will unleash :lol:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Ha! Dan admits cereal is junk food.
"Why am I left-handed?"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lefthandedism wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:15 pm Ha! Dan admits cereal is junk food.
And we've learned he goes for oat milk!