Dan & Phil Part 99: OnlyPhans

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

ukhon wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:36 pm lol it's so transparent that their online presence increases every time there's a stereo show but i'm here for it... if i'm not mistaken they get paid based on how many people show up (?) and the boys are getting their bag $$$
It's transparent and this may be an unpopular opinion but I don't really care. I don't think any influencer out there shows their lives just out of a sheer eagerness to do so, Dan and Phil just had firmer boundaries in parts of their lives to keep to themselves (when they're working on a project, for example) and relegate the sharing part to when they DO just really have something to say or when it aligns with a project. Indeed, GET THAT BAG!
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

kavat wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:44 am
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:11 pm Dan's gonna Dan.

(I'm still so glad to have him back.)
Funny how this tweet follows Phil being practicly offline for a week. What a coinkydink.
Who knows if that's what was actually going on with Phil or what motivated this tweet, but put that on my wish list of conversation topics: How do you support someone when they are low? How do you talk about needing support? What are realistic expectations for receiving help from someone else? What's the difference between disengaging and self-care?

Anyway, I'd love both of them to talk about this one day, particularly about how they might have different approaches or points of view, and while I think their timeline for talking about certain things likely does not match up with what I would want, maybe one day we'll hear more about this.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

They only have three upcoming shows left on the list, including today. :( I know they're so eager to get into their new place but if there is some kind of hold up that gives us at least a couple more shows I personally wouldn't hate it.
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella
Pronouns: She/her

ukhon wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:36 pm lol it's so transparent that their online presence increases every time there's a stereo show but i'm here for it... if i'm not mistaken they get paid based on how many people show up (?) and the boys are getting their bag $$$
It almost feels like they're having "work days" where their work for that day is internet content then they're switching off in-between. It feels weird as we're used to Social media being a hobby and everyone online constantly, but if it's your job having days off and days on could be helpful for adding structure into life, especially when life is so repetitive and restrictive at the mo!
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Alright well that definitely ends that debate: FEMBOY.
fioebae
drama llama

Tornbetweenfandoms wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:35 pm
It almost feels like they're having "work days" where their work for that day is internet content then they're switching off in-between. It feels weird as we're used to Social media being a hobby and everyone online constantly, but if it's your job having days off and days on could be helpful for adding structure into life, especially when life is so repetitive and restrictive at the mo!
Completely agree, you don't expect people with "normal" 9-5 jobs to come in on their days off and work, you need a few days to de-stress and relax. While being online for most people is their way of relaxing, when it is your job it'll be the opposite of that, so I think its healthy for them to have no-tech/public social media days. My work days are Mon-Friday 9-5, I'm sure as hell not working outside of those days and hours, so we shouldn't expect them to either :shrug:
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:44 pm Alright well that definitely ends that debate: FEMBOY.
The fact that Phil made this a spot the difference which encourages you to examine the picture longer and take note of little details?? And spent the time photoshopping the second one? I hate him.

(also the edited eyes... absolutely horrifying)

Also just makes me think of all the pictures they have from different videos that they take as potential thumbnail/spon for the vid on places like insta....
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

New community post!
AmazingPhil wrote:C-DOGS!

Hope your life is 110% great.

Today has been busy talking about literally every plug socket and light-switch in the new house which sounds boring but it is still a real life Sims fantasy so I'm enjoying it. Now I'm just hoping we got it right and there isn't a mysterious switch that does nothing like in our current apartment. I think it probs switches the lights off some random apartment downstairs - sorry neighbours.

Hope you've all been enjoying the Stereo shows if you have come to any! It really gives me radio show but chilled and INTIMATE vibes (without having to press a load of buttons while trying to talk about music). Having seen the progress of our new place, it doesn’t look like we’ll be out of boxes any time soon ..so looks like they are here to stay for a bit! I’m just worried we’ll run out of alliterative names for them.

RAINBOW CACTI! I wanted to give some peeps enough time to catch up to rainbow status, so I’m ready to film my first shoutout video for you guys! If you have a rainbow cactus leave a comment here, (with how to pronounce your name) and I’ll get you in the video. If there’s A LOT it could be split into two videos I’ll see how it goes 🌵🌈

I’m filming a new AmazingPhil viddy tomorrow too! Hopefully you’ll have that by the end of the week unless my camera explodes. I’m also doing a photoshoot for some incredibly comfy merch coming soon… 👀 I hope I have a good hair day since this is all the same day(!)

OVER AND OUT!

ps. See y’all at 9 if you come to the Stereo show! We’re not in ‘daylight savings time’ yet so make sure the time isn’t wonky for you.
AmazingPhil
I mean sucks for them but YESSSSSSSSS MORE STEREOS AND A NEW VIDEO!
Amiaw
interactive introvert

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:16 pm They only have three upcoming shows left on the list, including today. :( I know they're so eager to get into their new place but if there is some kind of hold up that gives us at least a couple more shows I personally wouldn't hate it.
Phil heard this post and delivered. I’m excited that we’re getting more shows!
starsandshards
living flop

this timeline is BONKERS but i love it so much.
ukhon
phillion/danosaur <//3

this stereo is going to be the most chaotic yet
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The show is named Quarantine Queers and they added stuff to their avatars - Dan has a rainbow halo and Phil has cat ears! I love it.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:29 pm The show is named Quarantine Queers and they added stuff to their avatars - Dan has a rainbow halo and Phil has cat ears! I love it.
Today's show is really gonna be something, huh?

:gayaf:
starsandshards
living flop

... is this happening?? my god :rainbowtears:
starsandshards
living flop

sorry for the double post but i'm dying at "i'm not pissing with rage"
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

This actually feels more like a podcast and less like a therapy session. I don't have a clue what's going on any more.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Today's show IS something and I kind of love that the femme conversation involved fandom. It really drives home that we are a presence in their life, even if sometimes they may not want it that so, even if they may be taking time and trying to dry boundaries, but we still live in their heads. I love their respect for the art and Dan's careful consideration in dissecting his/their reaction to it.

Also, Dan saying "We need to get you in [the UGH croptop]... either recreationally or for a video."

recreationally? RECREATIONALLY?
BlueSnoko
sofa crease

I'm really enjoying Dan's continued exploration of gender norms and I have a lot of thoughts about it. I love that it frames it as part if his ongoing journey of growth.
The mauve ones are boys and the white ones are girls, and the blue ones are just little sillies who are not sure what they are. - J. M. Barrie
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

BlueSnoko wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:35 pm I'm really enjoying Dan's continued exploration of gender norms and I have a lot of thoughts about it. I love that it frames it as part if his ongoing journey of growth.
Agree totally. Also hope Dan finds the brand Paloma Spain menswear. The clothes are stunning (well IMO) and whilst very much subverting gender stereotypes there are plenty of wearable items too. Not exactly an Ariana long hoodie but nice to look at for some fashion inspiration.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

BlueSnoko wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:35 pm I'm really enjoying Dan's continued exploration of gender norms and I have a lot of thoughts about it. I love that it frames it as part if his ongoing journey of growth.
This. As lockdowns (hopefully and safely) start to lift and their move gets sorted out within the coming months/year I would love to see Dan experiment with his curiosities, although I would want it to be more for himself than for us.

And it is really nice to reflect on how far they've come. I came across the purple phone case 'whether this is a girly iphone cover or not' clip from DITL Manchester recently and it just made me appreciative of how far they've come not just on an outward facing 'it's not appropriate/normalized to say this anymore' but on a deeper inner level too.

What surprised me most about the conversation was how active and engaged with the chat Phil was. When Dan mentioned it as a topic last week I was expecting more of a Dan waffle but it didn't feel like that at all. I really appreciated Phil's insight into questioning whether what you 'like to wear' is just because you've grown up conditioned to it and used to it or whether it's what you actually prefer. Both are totally valid answers but I think it's such an important thing for people to do. Also gives me gender feels just 'cause the questions/balancing of 'am I wearing this because it makes me happy?' 'am I wearing this because I think it will make people perceive me the way I want to be perceived?' 'am I wearing this to feel comfortable and/or safe?' are basically always on my mind.

It was also really nice and somewhat surprising (I'm not totally used to new Phil yet) to me to hear him talk so openly about seeing some people's negative/disgusted reaction at the maid dress (the Idea of it, not just that it wasn't a very nice dress) and hear him say 'It didn't upset me. It was just an interesting, like I wonder why' and reflecting on how it had 'such a visceral reaction in some people' and encouraging people to question 'why do I feel like this? where did that come from? does that make sense?'. This lad has been going to his therapy and I loVE to see it.

Also, since tbh they didn't go through that many stereo messages I think it would be fun to hear people's thoughts on what either of them could/should go for. I will forever remain that Dan could rock some black floral boots (heel/platform or not) and I would love to see him in some dangly earrings. But maybe I'm biased because that's what I like to wear lmao.

Signed,
-your local femboy(ish)
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
hello9217
flower crown

I really love how vocal phil was about this topic. It wasn’t just him going “yeah” to what dan says but he actually said a lot of very insightful things. They both have come a long way but I think phil had a bit more ingrained toxic masculinity because of how he grew up. It was just great to hear
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Wow, very proud of Phil for being so articulate and direct with his opinions in that show <3

I would say I'm proud of Dan too but apparently he doesn't like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups so nvm, feeling betrayed
BlueSnoko
sofa crease

fruitcriminals wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:04 am whilst very much subverting gender stereotypes there are plenty of wearable items too.
Yeah I felt a little thrown by their repeated conclusion that they would mostly avoid femme fashion because it's not comfortable. While there are certainly features of stereotypically women's wear that are uncomfortable such as heels, a lot of femininity lies in the cut and fit of a clothing item. I mean how many cis women does anyone know who regularly wear dresses or heels? (Unless their job demands it) I feel like most people (at least in the western world) spend 98% of their lives in tshirts or button ups and trousers or jeans. I certainly do, and I enjoy a touch of feminine expression.
The mauve ones are boys and the white ones are girls, and the blue ones are just little sillies who are not sure what they are. - J. M. Barrie
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

BlueSnoko wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:27 am
fruitcriminals wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:04 am whilst very much subverting gender stereotypes there are plenty of wearable items too.
Yeah I felt a little thrown by their repeated conclusion that they would mostly avoid femme fashion because it's not comfortable. While there are certainly features of stereotypically women's wear that are uncomfortable such as heels, a lot of femininity lies in the cut and fit of a clothing item. I mean how many cis women does anyone know who regularly wear dresses or heels? (Unless their job demands it) I feel like most people (at least in the western world) spend 98% of their lives in tshirts or button ups and trousers or jeans. I certainly do, and I enjoy a touch of feminine expression.
I definitely agree with this, but I took it as a commentary on the types of things that fans draw them in seem uncomfortable and wouldn't be what they'd wear.

Which I presume means they are essentially asking the artists of fandom to draw them in comfy femme clothes. Right? Right.