Dan & Phil Part 100: full-time internet homowners

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

I really, really liked this video. I feel like it went surprisingly in depth for an online quiz and I just appreciate Phil sharing more of himself in small bits because, as he said, that’s hard for him, which I relate to pretty hard so that might be why I really was drawn to this video.

On a lighter note, I so need a shopping companion like Phil, because I am more like Dan in that I tend to really think about purchases and assess pros and cons, but sometimes you just gotta be like Phil and say “my ass likes this, sold!”
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Megancita75 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:30 am I really, really liked this video. I feel like it went surprisingly in depth for an online quiz and I just appreciate Phil sharing more of himself in small bits because, as he said, that’s hard for him, which I relate to pretty hard so that might be why I really was drawn to this video.

On a lighter note, I so need a shopping companion like Phil, because I am more like Dan in that I tend to really think about purchases and assess pros and cons, but sometimes you just gotta be like Phil and say “my ass likes this, sold!”
It really did go deeper than a quiz - I might even say these are the kind stories I'd LIKE to hear from a spicy q&a? I am also really interested in whether or not his dedication to being a little more emotionally honest will continue to bleed over into the channel or if he really meant that more for his personal life. Honestly, just being closeted (publicly) is enough to make someone have issues opening up even once they're out, but he's also had to deal with a closeted relationship in the public eye, his father having cancer, multiple family deaths, and professional rejections while having anxiety so all of that would just naturally result in a big ball of I'M FINE IT'S FINE when anyone asks. I'm really happy for him if he's continuing his project sphere with friendships in his life and being more open to them, even if that doesn't include the audience.

And on a much lighter note yes I am just loving the mental image of them sofa shopping and their differing styles. It's probably a good thing, tbh - Dan seems like the type who would deliberate so long they'd spend four months without furniture just because he can't decide which one is The One and won't commit to a purchase.
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

I do find Phil just so funny. On one hand really being worried about upsetting people and into following rules and on the other being a dizzy bimbo who randomly does things that are going to cause upset and confrontation :lol: . That letting agent is going to be BIG mad when they turn up to check the apartment on the day they leave to find a singed sofa and a hole in the wall. The fact that he's even joking about not getting his deposit back ... on what planet would you expect your deposit back my darling :lol:
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

With the book event with John Green I was reminded of when one of the vlogbrothers sent them their books with notes and they read it in a liveshow. I originally thought it was John but turns out I remembered wrong and it was Hank. But it's still really sweet so here's the liveshow and the timestamp (bless idb for making things like this findable again without skimming through hours of liveshows) if people wanna revisit.
itasca00 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:09 pm [*][13:01] Phil shows a copy of An Absolutely Remarkable Thing sent to them by Hank Green. There’s lots of fun bants here. Hank also wrote a personal message to each of them:
D: “Dan, here is a book I wrote. It’s about a young person who gets destroyed by ambition and fame and about robots. Thank you for being such a thoughtful and careful person in the face of the power you’ve been given.”
P: “Thank you for being such a good and thoughtful maker of things and communities.”
Also had a good lol at this timestamp and Phil being the one to bring it up. smh gays
itasca00 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:09 pm [*][26:58] Dan appreciating the Instagram story (reproduced in the spoiler) of Greg Brown from AsapSCIENCE:
D: He’s talented.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
BlueSnoko
sofa crease

So the art prints of Dan that come with the pre order of 'This Night' were apparently shipped out separately and prior to the book.  Mine arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, they were shipped in thin paper envelopes and the one that arrived at my house was bent and destroyed.

I feel they would have done better to send the print along with the book, perhaps laid inside the cover.  I wasn't particularly excited about the art print but it seems like a waste to send something out to people in such a careless way.
The mauve ones are boys and the white ones are girls, and the blue ones are just little sillies who are not sure what they are. - J. M. Barrie
Levitating
#relatable

oh no :(

I'm sorry this happened to you.

And yeah, I also think about all the environmental problems it creates sending ONE piece of art and so carelessly.
Becky.rigby
living flop

BlueSnoko wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:20 am So the art prints of Dan that come with the pre order of 'This Night' were apparently shipped out separately and prior to the book.  Mine arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, they were shipped in thin paper envelopes and the one that arrived at my house was bent and destroyed.

I feel they would have done better to send the print along with the book, perhaps laid inside the cover.  I wasn't particularly excited about the art print but it seems like a waste to send something out to people in such a careless way.

That is awful 😞 I’m so sorry. I don’t understand why they didn’t just send the print with the book. If the print came in this way I dread to think how the book is packaged.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

I would guess the print came from a separate source than the book, so it was easiest to send the prints directly to customers.. But it should have been a source that knows how to package its product properly!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

Dan posted re the book on twitter. And thanks to @lefthandedism I managed to embed it!
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

And as an American observing Mother's Day today, here are Dan's thoughts on that:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I really enjoyed Dan's little sneak peak of the book (and yes I did pause and read every segment he shared) and his responses to people today. Not to go full sap but I'm just really proud of him.
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Megancita75 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:41 am And as an American observing Mother's Day today, here are Dan's thoughts on that:
As an American, the UK Mother's Day gets me EVERY TIME.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

also Phil retweeted this which I love. yes, Phil, have opinions!
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

not enough dan content
need more dan content
shan
morning quiff

Anyone else been getting phantom insta notifications again? I’ve had quite a few in the last week. Don’t get me excited for nothing Instagram!
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella
Pronouns: She/her

shan wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:59 am Anyone else been getting phantom insta notifications again? I’ve had quite a few in the last week. Don’t get me excited for nothing Instagram!
Yep, they're back and it's rather frustrating!
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
kavat
pastel persona

I've seen people theorizing that the phantom notifs are when they post to their close friends list and IG just sends out a notification anyway.

Oh to know what happens in the close friends list.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

It’s possible, but I get the delayed notifs popping up at really bizarre times - I know dnp keep odd hours but I can’t imagine them posting to insta stories at 8am. :lol:

The incorrect notifs I get do line up with the amount of stories they’ve been publicly posting, they’re just very late; often outside the 24-hour window the story is available for. :sideeye:

On another note... one week until Dan book!!! :thisnight:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Levitating
#relatable

inanerat wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:57 pm also Phil retweeted this which I love. yes, Phil, have opinions!
:rainbowtears: Sadly, his demand is much needed. They truly want you at a point of almost no return to help you out.

I hope more promotional content will come just so that he can keep pushing the importance of mental health on other platforms!
starsandshards
living flop

Levitating wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:54 am
inanerat wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:57 pm also Phil retweeted this which I love. yes, Phil, have opinions!
:rainbowtears: Sadly, his demand is much needed. They truly want you at a point of almost no return to help you out.

I hope more promotional content will come just so that he can keep pushing the importance of mental health on other platforms!
yeah, i know it all too well. back when i was very unwell, i was told i wasn't even ill enough for treatment. apparently
they want you to try to off yourself before they take you seriously.
i'm so behind his opinions/campaigns on this, especially for younger people! we need to be treating mental health in the same way we treat physical health. there's no point waiting until your bones are broken when you already knew you were going to fall down the stairs - this is a really terrible analogy LMAO i'm going to stop but yes. go dan go.
shan
morning quiff

madzilla84 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:44 am It’s possible, but I get the delayed notifs popping up at really bizarre times - I know dnp keep odd hours but I can’t imagine them posting to insta stories at 8am. :lol:

The incorrect notifs I get do line up with the amount of stories they’ve been publicly posting, they’re just very late; often outside the 24-hour window the story is available for. :sideeye:
I went back and checked my notifs and I got three Dan ones yesterday around 5.30am, one at 11.30am and one at 11pm. Those all make sense (except time-wise) for his book opening but I got a random Phil one this morning at 10.55am (1.55am London time) so idek. I guess on one hand it means occasional surprise posts which is fun I guess?
Levitating
#relatable

shan wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:37 am
madzilla84 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:44 am It’s possible, but I get the delayed notifs popping up at really bizarre times - I know dnp keep odd hours but I can’t imagine them posting to insta stories at 8am. :lol:

I went back and checked my notifs and I got three Dan ones yesterday around 5.30am, one at 11.30am and one at 11pm. Those all make sense (except time-wise) for his book opening but I got a random Phil one this morning at 10.55am (1.55am London time) so idek. I guess on one hand it means occasional surprise posts which is fun I guess?
Does it happen with other people you follow?
Like, what are they due from?
Does it happen when you publish something and immediately delete it? Or would the phandom be too quick to let an unwanted notif go unnoticed :lol:

Also, on other news, I watched Wilbur's latest vlog w someone called George. Apparently it is the first time they meet in person and I KNOW people must ship them (or don't they?), so I wondered if their fans are now experiencing what at the time would have been DnP's first meeting (did they vlog it?) and how it may as well be the first vlog of a 10-year-and-going kind of Internet couple :rainbowtears:

I also watched some content with Charliessocoollike and...isn't Charlie a gentle awkward, clumsy and introvert nerd... the same way Phil is? :o I never made the connection, but now I wonder if Dan has a type, basically :lol: He must have had a crush on him (a little one at least!) at the time :loveeyes:
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I think it’s a glitch of some sort, either with Insta or maybe settings in my phone, because I am not getting the notifications when stories are posted at all, just the delayed notifications about 24 hours later. I doubt it’s connected at all to private friend posts, but it is annoying.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

caption wrote:i’m baring all of my soul in this book with the wish that you might not have to endure the same struggles i have

somehow i still feel scared talking about how i really feel or my sexuality (which i imagine will be a much longer journey) ..being open and vulnerable doesn’t come naturally to me but with this at least some good can come out of what i have been through

in one week this story will no longer be mine - it will be out into the world and yours. i hope it helps.

May 18th - thisnightbook.com #ThisNight
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I know this isn't the takeaway here, but boy is he pretty....