Dan & Phil Part 100: full-time internet homowners

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fioebae
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her

snoopysadie wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:53 am I just got another notification for a non-existent insta story from dan.
Am i the only one?

I actually paused my kdrama for it i feel wronged
I can’t even remember the last time I actually got a notification when he uploaded a story, they are always delayed 6-24 hours after. The only way I stay up to date these days is from people cross posting :cry:
Levitating
#relatable

snoopysadie wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:53 am I actually paused my kdrama for it i feel wronged
The nerve! <3

I am excited to read your analysis in the book thread! :loveeyes: Everyone here has a different interesting background, it seems, that I am truly want to read that opinion coming from the film studies major, that from the psychologist etc :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Levitating wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:49 am
snoopysadie wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:53 am I actually paused my kdrama for it i feel wronged
The nerve! <3

I am excited to read your analysis in the book thread! :loveeyes: Everyone here has a different interesting background, it seems, that I am truly want to read that opinion coming from the film studies major, that from the psychologist etc :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:
All of the excitement + the separate thread is making me want to download the audiobook mmmm I'm getting tempted.
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
anna_begins

Dan's book is #3 on the New York Times Best Seller list under Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous!

https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sell ... ellaneous/
shan
morning quiff

Potential foreshadowing on Cornelia’s insta that we might get some Lester family content soon?? She’s started a new album thingy labelled with the British and Swedish flags and a post simply saying ‘family/familj’.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

shan wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:57 am Potential foreshadowing on Cornelia’s insta that we might get some Lester family content soon?? She’s started a new album thingy labelled with the British and Swedish flags and a post simply saying ‘family/familj’.
Pleaaaaaaaaaase Cornelia pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan and his TMI lunch...
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

MOVING ALARM. IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING Y'ALL
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

inanerat wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:40 pm MOVING ALARM. IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING Y'ALL
I am SO READY for the next Phil vid to be from a whole new background!!!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Guys this is Dan and Phil. This photo was likely taken two weeks ago 😂 you cannot convince me otherwise.

I also now think this is why Phil saw his family. They came to visit the new apartment.

I am ready for all the photos.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Yes I doubt this was taken today, but it can't be THAT far in the past I think? Dan's press setup was in the old flat after all. But they've been sus bitchesly quiet this week so I think this week might'ce been moving week? How that lines up with the Lester clan meeting up idk though.

'Our life' :rainbowtears:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
inanerat
eclipse shirt

missemma wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:28 pm Guys this is Dan and Phil. This photo was likely taken two weeks ago 😂 you cannot convince me otherwise.

I also now think this is why Phil saw his family. They came to visit the new apartment.

oh yeah that picture was definitely not today, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was late last week or early this week. I'm not exactly sure when all of the Dan book interviews happened, but it would make sense if at least some were right near the release date. also damn, like after all this two of the biggest things going on for them, moving and book release really happened at basically the same time.

I'm also very curious as to when family time happened/is happening since Phil's tweet was not specific and Cornelia's cryptic 'family' insta story was yesterday, which doesn't necessarily mean anything since she delays things sometimes too. it's just a lot, their life really is all happening at once right now it's amazing they've been as active as the have.

there's a teeny tiny part of my clown brain trying to hope for some sort of moving week in the life with moving, a bit of the new place, maybe a bit of Freja that has close to 0% chance of happening for a variety of respectable reasons (them being super busy, valuing private family time, etc.) so I am leaving that thought here so I can move on from it :cry:
Levitating
#relatable

Over 30 years old can now do the vaccine (32 y.o. could have done it for more than a couple of weeks, over 36 y.o. even more) in the UK

Did Phil post about getting the vaccine? It would have been a nice reminder to promote it. Certainly Dan can book his appointment now.

That picture gives me feeeels! What is the yellow tall thing in the back?? Lol
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

This is lovely. :happytears:

eta: and, you know, Dan's followup.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
anna_begins

lefthandedism wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:11 pm This is lovely. :happytears:

eta: and, you know, Dan's followup.
Okay I know Dan's response was probably meant to be a dirty joke hence the ".." but at first I thought he was making a reference to John's hug at the Vidcon nightclub and their virtual hugs from the stream last week so that's how I'm going to chose to interpret it. :tu:
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

I deffo think you can assume it wasn't today, it was bright sunshine for once here in LDN today and looks grey in the pic.

Sensible for safety and cute that he still posted it even though we don't really need it, I love the OUR, I love the lack of even bothering to tag Philly and the assumption that at this point of course we all know who our involves <3
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I assume that Phil's parents came into London because:
1) New apartment
and
2) People still can't travel to Isle of Man without quarantining (though they could do it at their parents' home) and until last week could only travel there for *specific urgent* reasons which I didn't qualify for

It's a lot easier for Phil's parents to come over to Isle of Man and for Freya's grandparents to come from Sweden than it is to do the other way around just because no one wants to let in England people yet, not to mention tiny baby can't get the vaccine but the grandparents can.

I dunno if Freya's grandparents came over but May 17th was the start of a new type of entry system to the UK and Sweden is on the "amber" list. Still requires quarantine and testing on arrival but much shorter. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-a ... amber-list
shan
morning quiff

inanerat wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:01 pm
missemma wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:28 pm Guys this is Dan and Phil. This photo was likely taken two weeks ago 😂 you cannot convince me otherwise.

oh yeah that picture was definitely not today, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was late last week or early this week. I'm not exactly sure when all of the Dan book interviews happened, but it would make sense if at least some were right near the release date. also damn, like after all this two of the biggest things going on for them, moving and book release really happened at basically the same time.

I'm also very curious as to when family time happened/is happening since Phil's tweet was not specific and Cornelia's cryptic 'family' insta story was yesterday, which doesn't necessarily mean anything since she delays things sometimes too. it's just a lot, their life really is all happening at once right now it's amazing they've been as active as the have.

there's a teeny tiny part of my clown brain trying to hope for some sort of moving week in the life with moving, a bit of the new place, maybe a bit of Freja that has close to 0% chance of happening for a variety of respectable reasons (them being super busy, valuing private family time, etc.) so I am leaving that thought here so I can move on from it :cry:
It's wild to me that the book only came out a little over a week ago. We've been inundated with so much Dan content that I honestly felt like it'd been close to a month for a minute there. I'd guess a lot of his interviews were recorded pre-release (unless live obviously!) but just kept on the backburner until after the book was released. At least a lot of the people I follow who have podcasts seem to have a pretty big gap between recording and uploading. We need a haircut analysis for the ones with video!

Given how plain his filming setup was for the interviews though, it's totally possible that the rest of the house had already been cleaned out and he was sitting in the only 'decorated' part of the flat. He could always just grab a taxi to the new place with a pot plant and his laptop when he's done :lol:

And oh my god yes to a week in the life of moving video. I'll take Phil's face in any capacity but a chilled out (or as chilled as you can be moving) WITL would be so perfect right now. So much is happening in their lives right now and we could even get a proper peak at the house, maybe a mini tour and video of the Lester clan gathering... I'll join you in clown town.
inanerat
eclipse shirt

Now Cornelia's posting about building bookshelves with no context what so ever?? She seems to have a highlight started with things in English and Swedish. Regardless it's putting me on edge.
shan
morning quiff

inanerat wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:49 pm Now Cornelia's posting about building bookshelves with no context what so ever?? She seems to have a highlight started with things in English and Swedish. Regardless it's putting me on edge.
I may have gotten overly hopeful and she’s just doing a Swedish word a day series...
Phantasy
woodland creature

With Dan doing the full press tour, is it reasonable to assume one of the “pre-conditions” or questions to avoid is his relationship status, and therefore Phil?

It just seems like the topic could have certainly come up at some point organically, but hasn’t (to my knowledge). I wonder if there were any other off limit questions too, like “how has your family reacted” and so on…
glitterintheair
phillluminati

inanerat wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:49 pm Now Cornelia's posting about building bookshelves with no context what so ever?? She seems to have a highlight started with things in English and Swedish. Regardless it's putting me on edge.
Pretty sure she took that pic at her own house because the rug is the same you can see in the pregnancy announcement photo
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
shan
morning quiff

Phantasy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:08 am With Dan doing the full press tour, is it reasonable to assume one of the “pre-conditions” or questions to avoid is his relationship status, and therefore Phil?

It just seems like the topic could have certainly come up at some point organically, but hasn’t (to my knowledge). I wonder if there were any other off limit questions too, like “how has your family reacted” and so on…
Hmm I hadn't thought about this! If the interviewers are coming at these articles/podcasts etc. from the perspective of what's in the book there's really nothing in there (from what I've read and/or heard so far) that would warrant questions about Phil or his family. As far as I've gotten, Phil has only been mentioned once in the intro as the friend and partner in crime he did the tours/radio show with and family so far only as having a tense home life growing up and his mum waking him up too early as a teenager in the section related to sleep. The book doesn't tackle relationships in any substantial way either so those kinds of questions can't really come up organically in relation to promoting the book. The interviewer would really have to be pushing the gossip angle pretty hard to get those in.

To be honest, as someone who's a big enough phan to be here every day, the complete lack of Phil is pretty jarring when we know how intertwined their lives have been for the last decade+ and how much of a supporting role Phil has played in Dan's mental health journey. I know realistically that's absolutely not the point of the book at all, and I'm completely supportive of that, but I still find my obsessive phan mind going 'where Phil at?' as I read and it makes interviews kind of strange to listen to because I'm constantly expecting a Phil mention when there won't be one. It feels especially unnatural after the joint-content blitz of the past 6 months or so.
kavat
pastel persona

shan wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:53 am
To be honest, as someone who's a big enough phan to be here every day, the complete lack of Phil is pretty jarring when we know how intertwined their lives have been for the last decade+ and how much of a supporting role Phil has played in Dan's mental health journey. I know realistically that's absolutely not the point of the book at all, and I'm completely supportive of that, but I still find my obsessive phan mind going 'where Phil at?' as I read and it makes interviews kind of strange to listen to because I'm constantly expecting a Phil mention when there won't be one. It feels especially unnatural after the joint-content blitz of the past 6 months or so.
In the book as well as in interviews Dan keeps talking about how important it is to have supportive people around you and how just having that one person to confide in can be life saving. Phil is there, just not explicitly by name!
shan
morning quiff

kavat wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:53 am
shan wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:53 am
In the book as well as in interviews Dan keeps talking about how important it is to have supportive people around you and how just having that one person to confide in can be life saving. Phil is there, just not explicitly by name!
You're so right! I do have a soft spot for his constant emphasis on 'one person' but I also get a bit greedy sometimes and want that little heartwarming thrill when he actually mentions him by name. Really hope I'm not the only one who gets that :lol: