Dan & Phil Part 100: full-time internet homowners

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
shan
morning quiff

Dan's really been hitting us up with some cursed images in his insta stories. I wanna know what's up with the furry though. Was it supposed to be in the video but edited for time or just a silly on set gag? It'd be nice if Dan was given the raw footage to make a video of outtakes but that's probably very unlikely. I'd really like to watch some of the interviews/chats (whatever you want to call them) in full! I'd love to see a Phil improv blooper reel as well :lol:
Levitating
#relatable

I saw on tumblr that there was a little sketch after the previous show where Dan wanders around the hall and that furry comes out a door and starts dancing :lol:
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

There were (are?) billboards up in NYC, LA, and London promoting the youtube pride event.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Oooh, BIG Dan face!!

Also for anyone that missed all the ig stories yesterday, queen catallena coming through.

kavat
pastel persona

May I share a fantastic animation based on a stereo moment
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That animation is AMAZING omg. I was laughing so hard by the end.

I know people have posted some amazing art for the COTY reunion today - were people expecting Phil to acknowledge it? I know he did last year with the 'one year later' video but I didn't have much of an opinion either way as to whether I thought we'd see something else like that today.

But if he does just let it go, then I think that's Dan and Phil both not wanting to make their coming out into a fandom tradition. Even if Phil likes some of the art - I can kind of get the reasoning behind wanting to move on and just be gay instead of celebrating the anniversary of the specific coming out.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

idk about Dan, he came out days after his birthday so the two will probably always be at least a little connected.

But I can see it being less of an important date to Phil personally. It's obviously significant because it was public, but Phil had been out to people in his private life since uni. The man just wanted to be lowkey and then sip water from his giant vase in peace. June 2019 was about Dan and the journey he had taken to accept himself and come out as gay, including to his family only a short while before filming BIG. Then Phil went 'lol same' on the last day of the month because he now could without having Dan spiral into the hallway carpet and that was the best ending. And now he doesn't let a video go by without mentioning that he doesn't think straight. :wavingflag:

It might kinda be like October 19th? We go crazy about their anniversary, while they let us have our fun and probably have their own secret date and take holidays to Japan.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Aww, he did come through with a post!
now where's your next vid phil
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Wow this is... literally just Truth Bombs. And put out by the same company as Truth Bombs.
shan
morning quiff

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:36 pm Wow this is... literally just Truth Bombs. And put out by the same company as Truth Bombs.
I’m cringing very hard at this. Taking out the fact that it’s definitely a reworking of truth bombs, just the questions alone sound like they’re designed for maximum bitchiness and with the audience they’re clearly targeting, why? Why would you do that? Did they not watch the end of Mean Girls?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

New Dan interview! And what we've all been waiting for: an explanation of how they solved the no toilets flushing issue.
susan2
rainbow nerd

There's also a new Dan (audio) interview on YWGTTN with Nine To Noon -
https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programm ... on-youtube

(tho it's pretty similar to the other podcasts - nothing really new)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oof, someone running the Big Potato twitter is probably not having the best day. People are coming at them for the game repackaging.
shan
morning quiff

Dan and Phil might actually need to step in and say something at this point. People on twitter have the pitchforks out big time.
liola
rankussy

Do people not realise how licensing work?

Wait of course they don't, most of them are teenagers, nevermind. Wish some part of the fandom stopped the crusade in defence of two creators who have a management for this exact purpose, should they actually need it.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:28 pm Do people not realise how licensing work?

Wait of course they don't, most of them are teenagers, nevermind. Wish some part of the fandom stopped the crusade in defence of two creators who have a management for this exact purpose, should they actually need it.
Big Potato also addressed it on youtube last week (shoutout to the tumblr anon that told me about it) so yeah... I'm guessing it really is because most people upset are just young.

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Honestly, if I were D&P, I'd tweet in support of the game, just to get folks to chill.

Or, better yet, if Phil wants to make a video PLAYING the game.... I'm just sayin'... I wouldn't be mad.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm laughing at the way Big Potato's social media person is just like

at any child acting tough in their mentions.

People love the Mean Girls ~aesthetic~ these days so it's definitely a clever idea to rebrand the game like that.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Amiaw
interactive introvert

the amazingphil shop is down. hope we can finally see that candle
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:30 pm the amazingphil shop is down. hope we can finally see that candle
damn phil you had to wait until i just got paid and temptation will be way too strong. ugh.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Amiaw wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:30 pm the amazingphil shop is down. hope we can finally see that candle
Okay I spoke too soon. The sites been down all day but no candle so I guess we do this all again tomorrow
BlueSnoko
sofa crease

shan wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:18 pm Dan and Phil might actually need to step in and say something at this point. People on twitter have the pitchforks out big time.
I don't blame them - at first blush it looks like blatent plagerism; even the card format was the same. It was very clever to reformat the game in a way that would appeal to a different audience. I wonder who came up with that idea.
The mauve ones are boys and the white ones are girls, and the blue ones are just little sillies who are not sure what they are. - J. M. Barrie
BlueSnoko
sofa crease

rizzo wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:01 pm Honestly, if I were D&P, I'd tweet in support of the game, just to get folks to chill.

Or, better yet, if Phil wants to make a video PLAYING the game.... I'm just sayin'... I wouldn't be mad.
He should play it with Martyn and Cornelia and Freya and Cornelia or Martyn can make up answers for Freya's "turn". Cuz that would be stankin cute. I'm thinking along the lines of 'New Father Chronicles'.
The mauve ones are boys and the white ones are girls, and the blue ones are just little sillies who are not sure what they are. - J. M. Barrie
obvsly
#relatable

BlueSnoko wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:14 am
rizzo wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:01 pm Honestly, if I were D&P, I'd tweet in support of the game, just to get folks to chill.

He should play it with Martyn and Cornelia and Freya and Cornelia or Martyn can make up answers for Freya's "turn". Cuz that would be stankin cute. I'm thinking along the lines of 'New Father Chronicles'.
A brilliant idea!
Easy new content, extra baby cuddles, and game sales cut!
Get on with it now phil :loveeyes:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Another day.... another IRL merch disappointment.

They're doing a sale for Phil's shop:
But of course:
That's now on top of not shipping to Brazil, Russia, Mexico (without informing anyone apparently) and I'm sure more places that haven't been called out.

Why even bother doing a sale if the countries are SO limited? Feels gross.