Dan & Phil Part 100: full-time internet homowners

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

inanerat wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:29 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:15 pm
inanerat wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:23 pm seems like danandphilshop is having a similar massive sale (at least on the US store) to the AP shop and there's quite a few things left if people are interested in some cheap merch. dnp haven't said a peep about it yet though.
I cracked. They broke me.
Are you ordering to the US from the worldwide shop? I ordered to the US from the US shop and shipping was about $8, which isn't awful for the size and weight.
The US shop was more reasonable - I did end up placing an order through there. But some things were UK shop only so that kinda blows. (I did not place that order, sorry IRL, I just don't have that kind of money for shipping.)
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:31 pm
inanerat wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:29 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:15 pm
inanerat wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:23 pm seems like danandphilshop is having a similar massive sale (at least on the US store) to the AP shop and there's quite a few things left if people are interested in some cheap merch. dnp haven't said a peep about it yet though.
I cracked. They broke me.
Are you ordering to the US from the worldwide shop? I ordered to the US from the US shop and shipping was about $8, which isn't awful for the size and weight.
The US shop was more reasonable - I did end up placing an order through there. But some things were UK shop only so that kinda blows. (I did not place that order, sorry IRL, I just don't have that kind of money for shipping.)
Yeah, once again since they refuse to call it a clearance sale it feels unfair that some things are only available on one of the shops. Also it seems from twitter that they have resolved some EU shipping issues but are still not shipping to Russia or Brazil which really sucks for the people there who are completely left out ://
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

Well today was an odd day. Went to the office, chatted to a friend on another floor I only see like once a week as he does coworking due to the pandemic (I go in, Mr FC is lush but not 24/7) He tells me about his weekend plans to go to a wedding then tells me he has been to SO many recently (now lockdown wedding rules are relaxed) and shows me his photo of a jazzy outfit for an indian wedding tomorrow. And then scrolls through some wedding pics from the last few weekends to show off all his outfits and no lie, this man has gone to 3 weddings in the last 10 days. But omg ... scrolling I realised I recognised the groom at one and yep he was a groomsman at Phil's cousins wedding. wtf. What are the odds! Also the thought of this man and his type of mates being around Phil at a wedding, lmao. They are the literal east end london 'lads lads lads' culture. Hope Phil found some less obnoxious people to chill with. Asked if he knew many family he said no, he didn't know too well anyone else aside from Bride, Groom and their direct friends. So this isn't exactly Phil tea. Saw one teensy pic of the side of Phil's head, he was by Kath (she looked lovely, hair on fleek). But I was so surprised!
shan
morning quiff

I really wish they would announce sales and new merch in advance so those of us in places other than the US and UK actually have a chance to get the good stuff too. There were a few things I would have bought from this sale but since the email was sent in at 5am on a Saturday, all of them were sold out by the time I saw it at 8am :/ The shipping costs are still outrageous but I would have paid it this time since the savings would have more than made up for it but flipping hell I'm so sick of them just dropping surprise sales and merch launches.

@alittledizzy for the shipping costs, I tried ordering some prints from a fan artist I love a few weeks ago (not dnp related) and the shipping cost for a couple of postcard sized prints was also over $30 for standard shipping. I wonder what the difference is if other small businesses you've ordered from have managed to find a way to reduce costs? Maybe they use a different shipping service or could they potentially be taking on some of the shipping costs themselves so as not to lose business by alienating customers with high shipping costs? I can't remember if this has been discussed before but are they locked into using a specific courier service through their contract with the warehouse? Whatever the case I hope they manage to sort it out soon but in the meantime this debacle is forcing me to save some money at least.

I do understand having different items in different shops though, the US warehouse is located in the US and completely seperate from the warehouse for their worldwide store so the stock available in each will be different. It used to be the same when the Australian store was still a thing. I usually had to make orders from both the worldwide and Australian store to be able to get everything I wanted.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Fruitcriminals, that is indeed a crazy coincidence and I love that Kath was looking good!
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

Megancita75 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:50 am Fruitcriminals, that is indeed a crazy coincidence and I love that Kath was looking good!
I suppose the real tea would have been was Dan there but I saw many photos and not even Mart or Cornelia were in any, let alone Dan. I mean there was only 1 I saw Phil in so I assume they were avoiding pics and most people there definitely had no idea of Phil's YT fame/anything about YT, which is probably good, hopefully it was somewhere he could just be a regular person at a wedding. <3
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

I suppose what I can say is that some of Phil's cousins best mates are deffo your typical London lads despite him not being from LDN himself including my mate who is deffo a 'london fin tech bro' with the sunbed tan, six pack, as all their profiles are private I summarise them as quite sweet guys with full cringe insta photos. Yes there are ones topless on a boat with a fish. Also auntie Roz looked lovely, nice summer dress, hair shiny shining. everyone looked to be having a great time.
kavat
pastel persona

I saw a tweet a couple of days ago about someone who found Phil in the background of a photo they'd taken at a wedding recently, but there was no evidence so dismissed it. But seems like it was true then!
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

kavat wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:03 am I saw a tweet a couple of days ago about someone who found Phil in the background of a photo they'd taken at a wedding recently, but there was no evidence so dismissed it. But seems like it was true then!
I saw one photo he's in that's not private on insta - go to @sidebyside.weddings 3rd most recent set of pics and if you scroll to the group shot look to the right and zoom in, Philly looking like :?
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

FC that's fucking wild!! Thanks for sharing.

Re: shipping costs, I think I've mentioned it before, but I work for a small US based company and shipping costs can be really tough. Shipping is just straight up expensive, and I think a lot of people have gotten used to buying from bigger places that likely have deals with the postal companies because of their big volumes. And I mean as hating on capitalism and businesses like Amazon I'll also take the chance to say they are a part of rising shipping prices other places as postal companies raise rates to actually support themselves with through the deals they have with Amazon. In a long, round-about way, the price of 'free-shipping' falls on 1. overworked/underpaid workers and 2. small companies and people paying individual shipping.
It's also hard to say with the shipping prices at checkout because they are all essentially estimations, and will differ from the exact cost. Typically it works out for the company that the prices they charge and what they are paying for shipping even out, but someone's slight overestimation might be paying for someone else's underestimation. Usually it's close enough not to bother contacting customers and considered just part of the business.
International shipping is also super expensive in my experience, and it is possible that some places add an additional fee to the shipping because it is more complicated filling out customs information, etc.

On a completely different note, it seems like Mandy and Sadie's work was not in vain as the christmas adventure unlisted videos show as no longer available on yt. I haven't checked other unlisted videos but my guess would be they all are, and that yt has just finally caught up to rolling out the change on phil's channel.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

All our fears have been confirmed.
And I don't get angry at Phil but I am a little hurt that if it were up to him he would let it die.
I know he cringes at some of his old videos but 1. I wish he would listen to us when we say we absolutely love that side of him
2. It's your roots, philly, you can't forget your roots.

Anyway i wanna tweet an angry tweet at him but i wont cause that would be pointless and i'll regret it so ill just say it here: phil you little rat
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Continue here! :rainbow: :maskup: :gayaf: :rainbowtears:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."