Dan & Phil Part 100: full-time internet homowners

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Guess who's alive! Nice that he still has that.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

I would just like to take a moment and say, I thought the long grey curtains they had at the living flat weren't nice but figured they were what's there but they appear to have chosen something very similar for their new place?? I just don't like them. Although now that I think about it I don't really know what would be better so I'll be quiet.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

New insta pics from both Dan and Mart. 100% assume Dan nicked the idea for the caption from Mart lol.

Also starting to wonder if Dan ever takes that outfit off.

He's also liked his own photo :rofl:
susan2
rainbow nerd

I'm so glad they found a place for Phil's thumb statue :lol:

fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

susan2 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:17 pm I'm so glad they found a place for Phil's thumb statue :lol:
Lol I hadn't noticed that I was too distracted by the thing I thought was an egg.

I do wish comedy king Phil would just leave a comment saying 'my new place?💀'
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Did Phil get any say in the design of that house? So far the only space that seems like him is his filming room
LAshleigh
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/her

Wow, that is a unique and really nice space imo. I don't think I would personally want it in my house, but I would be amazed to visit someone and see an entrance like that. I can't tell if the photos are disorienting or if the space is?

Also I just love to see Dan looking content and confident. I know that there are lots of opinions about what Dan's hot boy summer fantasies really are, but I think that it's mostly just existing publicly and privately with this level of self-acceptance and looking good while doing so lol.
shan
morning quiff

susan2 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:17 pm I'm so glad they found a place for Phil's thumb statue :lol:

I don't remember ever seeing that live show before! Truely hideous and of course Phil would be drawn to the phallic looking statue. I do love the little hand sanitiser sitting on it :lol:

The knickknacks are pretty much all Phil then, the little zen garden thingy was his too. Seems like the dark cabinetry and led lighting runs throughout the house. Probs designed so that Dan can take aesthetic but disorienting selfies.
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

I am starting to see how Phil managed to throw an entire milkshake at a wall, he probably couldn't see where he was going if everything was either pitch black or lit up like a vampire strip club.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Catallena wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:25 pm
I had been meaning to listen to this song but Dan posting it made me remember. Love Dan in 2021 posting about a song with the opening lyric 'read my lips, I need a big dick boy' :lol:
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Would like to announce that since moving hill is no more, I have decided on a relocation zone and would like to invite anyone that wants to join me to reside on Redecorating Hill. The place is theirs - no landlords. They can repaint any time they want. Yes, it might take a year or two, but I have faith we'll get there.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Dan and Phil's decor - from what we've seen so far - gives me a headache. I am confused.

Similar to inanerat's post, I've given them the benefit of the doubt with what they had in their last 2 flats, because they were rentals. You don't have much say in these things. But now - when they've bragged about spending 3 years designing their home from scratch - I have... I have questions.

I had questions when Phil posted his first video in the new place and the murphy bed wall unit was that light shade of wood, but combined with the dark grey curtains? And that generic office-y carpet? Ok, I'll let the carpet go, because neutral tones in a carpet are important, but everything else? White walls??? The room gave me "this is another rental unit" vibes and that just makes no sense, because they could have done that however they wanted!! So why make it look like it belongs to your old flat? If you can put tens of thousands into a couch, SURELY you can create a cohesive space? Why does it look like a corporate office but with a bed?!

I had questions when they posted the living room pic. Perhaps not as many questions. It didn't look so bad... if not a little Dan-heavy in the vibes, but I've always assumed Dan and Phil have similar taste in interior design. Phil just wants to add details that make it homey. And that's fine. It looked fine. The feature wall is cool. The light wood flooring is........ well... it just is. it's fine. Yay for fancy couches, modern lighting, and grand pianos!

And then Dan goes and posts that entryway and Y'all... I have MORE QUESTIONS! Namely: What?! And also: WHY?! Are we sure that isn't the coat closet? Like - could it maybe just be the coat closet? Why is it all wood? Perhaps it's a combination entrance and sauna? Like... it looks cool. It does! I'm just confused on how this ties in to what we've seen so far.

Anyway. This has all been brewing in my mind and I've also been on vacation the last few days, so this is the pointless essay I'm dropping on IDB right now.

I was okay before with never really getting a house tour, but at this point, I feel like I need one for my sanity.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

I want a DnP MTV Cribs style video and what better than in their new place?
Don't show us the entrance you can start right on the other side of the front door, and cover the windows if you like, but please! Home decor curiosity is killing meee
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I'm just going to raise my hand and say that I feel like the house we've seen so far make sense to me, given the taste we know DnP have. Like, it's not for me, but I don't think it's objectively bad. I can understand the choices they've made and I really like that they like it, you know? It fits them, and they are the ones who have to live in it.

Out of curiosity, I googled all-black foyers, and it's definitely a thing, and I do love the pictures Dan posted of his entryway -- again, not for me, but it really is a nice dramatic way to enter a home.

I also love the functionality of a Murphy bed for a multi-purpose room. The whole "white walls, minimal design" thing has been pretty popular for a long time, and seems super common in most celebrity house design, so it doesn't surprise me at all.

This convo did make me think about UK YouTubers I watch and how I feel about their homes. I don't particularly like Rose and Rosie's design choices. I like some of the plant vibes in Hazel's apartment, but not the overall style. Jimmy's place seems kinda bland to me. If I think about it, the only YouTube place I've seen lately that I would remotely consider my taste is Jessie and Claude's very traditional design.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan with some Correct opinions.
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

I am so glad he said something, and something good. The whole situation at the moment is absolutely embarrassing for us as a country and something needed to be said by a man with a lot of followers who wasn't in the football realm (ie who would also talk of the misogyny not just the racism).
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

NEW PHIL VIDEO!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

before I can process anything else I have to finish being a trash phannie about Phil not even knowing if he or Dan owns something
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Oh man. We've come so far since the days where they'd deny that they would ever even touch the same piece of fabric. No more rants about how all the examples were just them pLaYiNg ChArAcTeRsSs and weirdly far fetched stories about buying the exact same pair of boxers. Just Phil not knowing who owns a jacket, and not really caring because it's not like it matters.

:rainbowtears: :rainbowtears: :rainbowtears:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I enjoyed that video. He made me laugh and I like that he seemed sincerely amused by the roasts. And I especially liked that there were some outfits where he said basically that he didn't care what people thought and would still wear them. That was nice confidence to hear.

Here are some twitter responses.
I went from watching his video straight to watching the Architectural Digest video with Cara Delevingne from last month. She has a vagina tunnel and a see-through piano in her house, so I will never criticize DnP's choices again.
LAshleigh
cheeky #spon

Aw, a very pleasant Phil video to start off my evening. Love seeing both of them grow in confidence - I was happy to hear Phil say that he's going to wear what he wants and that everyone else should too. He genuinely seemed to find the roasts funny, which good for him because I would definitely be lowkey offended.
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

My two thoughts are Phil is hilarious and in this video is looking fine AF. These may have also been my thoughts for the last 12 years but whatever, I stand by my opinions :rofl: also whoever said that top looked like a tampon was right and I cannot unseen that now :rofl:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

What is the truth with that jacket phil? I totally believe that they’ve shared it so much it doesn’t matter but iirc its Topman and the first time we saw it was on Phil when they were in Australia.

It’s fun to place all the knickknacks they’ve acquired through the years because we never saw them in the last flats. I thought I remembered the toy on their Final Fantasy shelf- they got it in 2017
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

:scram: