Dan & Phil Part 100: full-time internet homowners

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Levitating
#relatable

BlueSnoko wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:28 am
liola wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:48 pm
rizzo wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:59 pm I don't want to be that person.... but why is the book cover like.... slightly off-center? I want to unsee this.
I thought i was crazy but no I'm not the only one who noticed

It is, and now I'm remembering Dan mentioning on Stereo that he's been sending a lot of small formatting changes to his publishing company.

In my expierence, when you fuss with the details too long on a graphic image or art piece you end up inventing problems that aren't there and "fixing" something that was already good, and making stupid mistakes you are blind to because you've been looking at it too much.

:rainbowtears: Graphic designers/artist professionals are the best for having to keep up with these kind of requests!

As for the video: didn' they say that they will move next month?
I was waiting for Phil to pop up even more these past week but it feels I haven't seem him much.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Yessssssss I'm so ready for the HAIR CUTTING VIDEO that's gotta be it right? Anyway whatever it is just craving those boys together on my screen.
Levitating
#relatable

You can already go to professional hairdressers in London now so I don't think it will be it - unless it's something like "mess (a bit) w my hair before having a professional adjusting it"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Levitating wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:59 pm You can already go to professional hairdressers in London now so I don't think it will be it - unless it's something like "mess (a bit) w my hair before having a professional adjusting it"
I think that'd be exactly why Phil would be willing to do it now for a video - for one, they already cut each other's hair once so they have some proof that it can be done well, but if it did go badly Phil can just go and get it fixed by a professional if he needs to. It's also a concept they've greatly hinted at.

If it's not that, I won't be disappointed, I just really love the idea of a video of Dan playing with Phil's hair and I think it'd be funny and cute.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I feel like I'm getting a crash course in how virtual book events work and differ. I'd love to attend the first Dan book even with John Green, but I don't want to pre-order the book again, but at least the second event can be attended with proof of pre-purchase. Out of curiosity, I went and looked at all four of John Green virtual book events for his book and all of them have the same deal; you have to pre-purchase through the independent booksellers sponsoring the event to get a ticket to attend (and I already pre-purchased his book months ago, so I'm out of luck there too).
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I've pre-ordered too damn many books at this point.

But it is what it is. I love John Green a significant enough amount and perceive this as an event ticket in a time when events... are not a thing. :( Plus, signed book! I didn't get one in the original sale, so... win/win I guess.

oh and here's what we're referencing for posterity lol:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

:laptoprat:
Hoping for a joint video tonight (hop on that user engagement, dan). I don't have intentions of preordering the book but I wanted to know if IDB plans to upload footage from the events? Maybe drop a private yt link in case publishers don't want it up ;) ?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sonicgreen wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:53 pm :laptoprat:
Hoping for a joint video tonight (hop on that user engagement, dan). I don't have intentions of preordering the book but I wanted to know if IDB plans to upload footage from the events? Maybe drop a private yt link in case publishers don't want it up ;) ?
Yeah I'm definitely gonna be recording it, I'll probably try and figure out the legalities of actually publishing it closer to time.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan has events! Dan has events with John Green! I'm so pleased with that choice of moderator!! I do wish he'd announce an event for the people that pre-ordered autographed from IRL, though.
Also throwing in some of the amusing replies:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

lefthandedism wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:34 pm
liola wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:21 pm
I find even more interesting in the Marketing plan the point about Influencer Campaign. At first i thought they meant a campaign made by Dan, but then they make a point of specifying the promotion across the author's platform, so I'm wondering if they mean that the book will be sent out to influencers and they will promote it across their own platforms.
My first thought was Dan cross-marketing with John Green, whose "Anthropocene Reviewed" is coming out the same day. I'm not sure how that would work but certainly the personal connection is there.
Glad to see my first thought was correct! :tu: Does make me wonder if Dan will be helping to promote John's book too....
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Levitating
#relatable

alittledizzy wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:55 pm
Yeah I'm definitely gonna be recording it, I'll probably try and figure out the legalities of actually publishing it closer to time.
We love you! <3

Also, do Dan and John publish under the same publishing house? Are they in any way connected, hence why the collaboration?
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Levitating wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:33 pm
Also, do Dan and John publish under the same publishing house? Are they in any way connected, hence why the collaboration?
Dan and Phil have often mentioned John and Hank, and vice versa, all most highly complimentary. They send each other merch, etc. Of course, they all go way back to early Vidcons. For example, Dan once touched John's butt (accidentally) at a Vidcon--which allows me once more to reference a Tyler/Dan video (one of my favorite collaborations :lol: ).

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Levitating
#relatable

shan wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:24 pm New video tonight! My guess is a ‘Dan cuts my hair’ video but I won’t be mad if it’s a moving vlog

waaaaait
how do you know there's going to bee a video tonight? :rainbowtears:
I am now genuinely waiting for one :cry:
qakie
tol bean
Pronouns: she/they

Waterstones only making the event available to people who had their book shipped to a UK address.....literally what is the point of that?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

first: Dan, being a good:
Second, Phil video - and still nothing about hair or a Dan related video! So I guess they're saving that for closer to the book release? Meh. I mean, wait, no, let me go watch this Phil video I am very excited for!! And my dreams aren't at all dashed for!

noodlebum
flower crown

Ouch that bruise!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

okay coming back to apologize for my snark because i genuinely did enjoy that. very amazingphil toned shades of the creepy mind of phil lester dapg video.
phancon
delia smith

Can't believe Phil almost accidentally killed Dan with a mirror.
liola
rankussy

I would like to munch on Phil's kneecaps and bite on it like a rice cracker
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
brq
phillion/danosaur <//3

Hey guys! Just wanted to quickly put up a post to let people know that there's one week left to fill in the 2021 Dan and Phil Survey which can found at https://bit.ly/dnpsurvey2021 - it closes on May 14th and you will need a Google account to submit a response.

If you've never heard of it before, more info can be found on our tumblr but here's a brief description:

Since 2015, we have been running the Dan and Phil Survey to find out more about the phandom, and this is the fifth time we have done this. We have had a truly overwhelming number of responses over the years - over 60,000 responses between the four previous surveys combined!! And now we’re back to dive into our amazing community again and get an idea of who we are, and how it’s changed since 2015. The survey is for everyone who considers themself a fan of Dan and Phil - whether you’ve been here since Day 1, have a room covered in their merch, or just watch them casually, we want to hear from you!
Once the survey is closed, the results will be posted sometime in summer 2021 on our Tumblr.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Phil's anxiety about rules and things like 'will the hotel notice and be mad if I move the sun lounger 1ft' is extremely relatable but I'm also like,, does that mean they asked their landlord if they could move the bits of filming flat furniture that they took to the living flat or did Phil just manage to get over it after a while?? 'Cause that's the kind of little thing that would haunt me.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
shan
morning quiff

I really enjoyed this video! It’s interesting hearing his thought process behind different answers and getting a bit of an insight into personality traits we don’t usually see as part of the Amazing Phil persona.
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

Lmao Dan trying to be like you will get through this night with mindfulness and therapy and in reality it's like I might get through this week, I might not, Phil might accidentally behead me with a mirror who the fuck knows mate :lol:
Levitating
#relatable

shan wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:18 pm I really enjoyed this video! It’s interesting hearing his thought process behind different answers and getting a bit of an insight into personality traits we don’t usually see as part of the Amazing Phil persona.

Same! :loveeyes:
I enjoyed this one much more than the previous video. It appeared more sincere! It is also an extremely delicate topic to confront because, you know, people may speculate about what's behind it or whatever (I hope they don't) so it was brave and nice on his part!

For some reason, this mention of Dan sounded more organic - more like a casual, but also inevitable (there was a genuine reason to mention him) mention because they live together. It sounded deliciously domestic <3 I would love for Dan to do the same w Phil! Like when he ended up mentioning him during a panel even if Phil was not there ahah

(Also, I have recently re-watched Dan vs Phil the final battle and, guys, how cute and flirty and such-a-married-couple are they in this video?!?)
Last edited by lefthandedism on Fri May 07, 2021 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
dontpanic
#relatable

phil's math skills... I love him