Dan & Phil Part 100: full-time internet homowners

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

100th thread!! I think that deserves a few party emoji :cheer: :2022: :elephant: :babuse: :wavingflag:

I'm very thankful to have found community here in the last year and for all the work that the mods put in <3 <3
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
qakie
tol bean
Pronouns: she/they

wooo happy 100 everyone!! :D

very random but I was on the webstore of the place where phil got that concrete candle for dan on his bday like 2 years ago and saw that it was on sale so if anyone wanted it but was put off by the price, now's your chance to get it! https://www.tomdixon.net/en_us/terrazzo ... edium.html

This store is primarily a furnature & home decor store so perhaps dnp have their new home outfitted with some of their furniture. it's very dan-esque (and very me-esque, but I can only window shop for now sigh)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

HAPPY 100th THREAD!!

And a throwback to the other reference in the thread title, which is a brilliant title btw -

May we all tip our imaginary glasses to Dan of today living in a world where he could say such a thing without panic.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

More info on the Pride related youtube thing Dan is doing!
As part of the video platform’s ongoing efforts to support the LGBTQ+ community, YouTube Originals has teamed with JA Films for a multi-hour livestream event featuring Daniel Howell, and RuPaul’s Drag Race alums Trixie Mattel, Monét X Change, Peppermint, Denali Foxx and Kim Chi. The fundraising event, which will stream on June 25, will take place across the globe and feature multiple hosts, musical performances, special live moments and more.

The livestream will also feature a Call To Action microsite created by JA Films that urges users and creators to submit video content sharing stories of pride, questions for the hosts and more. Viewers can also donate directly to The Trevor Project via YouTube’s Donate feature.
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

Aw I never thought I'd have a title! I didn't even vote for me haha I voted for you will get through this thread :rofl: I watched that 'full time internet homo' livestream live and I am pretty sure I was a bit drunk at the time as I thought he said full time internet hoe and I was like omg SAME and assumed he meant because...well 2009. Until he repeated it. And I was like...well bitch ok damn...

And now he's hosting a liveshow with his drag race faves! Yay! Go Dan. <3
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

dan collabing with denali is all I could dream of. denali choreographed a skating program for me and I've been so proud of her on drag race.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

PHIL HASN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT US AFTER ALL

Levitating
#relatable

I am a bit torn about this new video.
Perhaps the title sounded a bit too click-bait-y, although in a silly/innocent way.
It felt rushed? I guess I still feel he's trying his new boundaries, which I love - for him, for us. He does not sound 100% confident, almost like he's on edge.

Hope he's taking care of himself! <3
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

ok, look. sue me, but i'm never going to get over moments like this:

phil talking about when he wants kids, because for him the question of who he's having kids with was answered years ago. not even a concern. not a second thought or blink of an eye. it's WHEN is he having kids? and that... that's undecided for the time being.

ok, that's it. that's the thought. other thoughts?

phil talking about how he didn't like being vlogged by people he didn't know? love that. love the honesty. we all felt it at the time too, so it's nice to hear the confirmation.

also phil answering a question about dan? because he has Opinions about dan, his husband. i love 2 (two) men.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I know I am getting older because the thing I was most excited about was Phil saying that they have a garden in the new house
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Obsessed with him saying they have 'an outside space' like........... is it a proper garden, or is it rooftop......... I mean we know from The Sims that those boys value a penthouse.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Ahhh, I really enjoyed that. Like coming home after a month long trip. It did feel a liiiiittle bit rushed but that's understandable with everything going on. I think these videos are great for Phil to discover where his new boundaries are and to become more confident in himself and his 'new' on camera persona. Good thing for us is that they're also very entertaining :ribena:

Notes/highlights/definitely-not-timestamps:
- The long quiff looks hella good.
- Kids! Like rizzo said, there's never a mention of finding the right person or whatever because if/when it happens it will be with That Guy. Love that for them.
- The Mystery Celeb With An Interest In Politics. I'm curious. Any guesses?
- Uhm. Like... with a sharpie? Not sure that should be anywhere on your body especially not on... earlobes.
- Phil putting a bomb under the dnp smoke weed theories. Well, I guess Dan still could but :shrug:
- Phil likes having accessible videos. Which is why he just told us about his earlobe.
- OUTSIDE SPACE. Gimme those house
- imagine not caring about dating phil lester. AND THEN CHEATING ON HIM. (also lol he really hasn't dated much since 2009 huh inch resting)
- The ASs tweet. love when he acknowledges a classic.
- Daily Vloggers are annoying: confirmed.
- Phil complimenting himself was very wholesome.
- The leather shirt was a boring answer, we haven't seen that thing in years (thank the lord).
- And last but not least, Phil's bumhole be like:

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I thoroughly enjoyed that. He seemed very relaxed to me and these stories are just good entertainment. But I have a burning wish that this long-ago bride sees this video and reaches out to Phil and lets bygones be bygones. I would have felt horrible if I'd forgotten to show up for a wedding, but I'm also someone who won't remember a single damn thing if I don't write it down in 12 places, so I sympathize.
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

He's such a troll lmao. Answering spicy questions... like give yourself a compliment.

Props to Phil's uni mates for burning that robot, the audacity of cheating on Phil. Although teen Phil does sound like someone you'd find underneath your window with a boom box playing love songs at 3am after dating him for 5 days so I kinda get it :lol:

Overall my fave parts were him admitting to throwing that awful leather shirt in the bin so he didn't have to look at Dan wearing it and that despite not wanting to dye his eyebrows he just casually has an eyebrow pencil anyway.
Levitating
#relatable

Catallena wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:21 am - Daily Vloggers are annoying: confirmed.
What he does it is not the same, but isn't just my impression or Phil is also "Using" Dan a lot? And he used to do it even before Dan's break, where he would mention Dan more than the other way around? I know for sure that Dan is not annoyed by this (he would have told him), but I wonder what it means for them because it is done publicly, for monetised videos.

In a relationship, it is totally normal (for me) to keep mentioning your significant other, specially when you're so happy that, truly, deep inside, you just want to enjoy the feeling of "having them around" when they are not even if just through words! :lol: (which sounds so annoying and certainly me continually mentioning my partner is not as entertaining or interesting to people as it is for us Phil mentioning Dan :rofl: )

Also, I started watching "dan and phil in other's vlogs" and :lol: I totally loved how it was clear on Dan's part that he/they were not the happiest about being filmed at random!
In this, I end up wathching Dan visiting Marzia and Felix w Anthony and Kalel: why was Phil not w them?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Levitating wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:11 am
Catallena wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:21 am - Daily Vloggers are annoying: confirmed.
What he does it is not the same, but isn't just my impression or Phil is also "Using" Dan a lot? And he used to do it even before Dan's break, where he would mention Dan more than the other way around? I know for sure that Dan is not annoyed by this (he would have told him), but I wonder what it means for them because it is done publicly, for monetised videos.

In a relationship, it is totally normal (for me) to keep mentioning your significant other, specially when you're so happy that, truly, deep inside, you just want to enjoy the feeling of "having them around" when they are not even if just through words! :lol: (which sounds so annoying and certainly me continually mentioning my partner is not as entertaining or interesting to people as it is for us Phil mentioning Dan :rofl: )
I don’t think it counts as using when the money goes to the same place 😂 phil is also the one person that would be INTIMATELY aware of Dan’s boundaries so no I don’t think it’s the same at all from the perspective Phil was talking about in that video. If phil mentioned or filmed Dan and Dan didn’t want it up we would never see it.
inanerat
eclipse shirt

alittledizzy wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:33 pm

I don’t think it counts as using when the money goes to the same place 😂 phil is also the one person that would be INTIMATELY aware of Dan’s boundaries so no I don’t think it’s the same at all from the perspective Phil was talking about in that video. If phil mentioned or filmed Dan and Dan didn’t want it up we would never see it.
Yeah that's the thing, it's just an entirely different ball game with Dan because of the relationship that they have. Aside from any money that Phil would make from it that would also ultimately be going to Dan, there is a level of connection there where I 100% trust that if one of them was very uncomfortable and didn't want to do something that A. they would tell the other rather than going along with it and B. the other would respect that and either not do it in the first place and DEFINITELY never post it if it was something that came up after filming.

A lot of what makes it still able to be funny and entertaining and not just feel bad when they (usually Dan) talk about 'not wanting to be here/do this/etc.' in a video is that we trust them enough to know that isn't actually the case deep down. If you didn't have that trust it would feel weird to watch them with the way Dan talks sometimes. Now that doesn't mean that they never do something a bit begrudgingly or are never a little uncomfortable but they are so close that if things ever crossed a line I trust that they would deal with it and we would probably never know. Most certainly it wouldn't happen again.

Makes me think about that story from one of the early stereos about Dan reaching over and down-rating their taxi driver that wouldn't wear a mask on Phil's phone and how Phil didn't like that, it made him anxious and Dan was like 'I won't do it again and we've decided that I can order the taxis on my phone.' That story really struck me as like ok, Dan did something that genuinely crossed a boundary of Phil's and upset him, they talked about it, Dan knows now that it's something that Phil doesn't like and won't do it and they've agreed on a better plan to prevent it going forward. That's care and communication right there.

(I am thinking abt doing timestamps for the vid since I was at work yesterday, stay tuned)
inanerat
eclipse shirt

ok timestamp time!

Answering SPICY (*spoiler: not actually super spicy imo) questions I would usually avoid!
0:07- first question Phil saw was 'How big is your [baguette emoji]' Phil has a sliced garlic roll in the fridge
0:20- 'let's get sticky. from the juice,,, of the questions.' Thanks, Phil
0:27- 1st question: 'are you have the gay'? The gay Phil do have.
0:30- 2nd question: 'do you want kids at some point?' Jokes about making a troupe of furries. Not actually sure, maybe at some point, not in the next 10 years.
I know lots of people asked this question and I was def curious, while 10 years does seem like a long time from now, I think it does make some sense in sort of seeing where Phil's (and Dan's) career take them, which has certainly been all over in the past 10 years. I do wonder though once Freja can start coming over if they will get a little kid fever or be happy just being uncles.
0:54- 3rd question: 'without showing names show your last 5 twitter DMs and their follower count' Nothing particularly exciting, one celebrity that hit Phil up for a sexy conversation about politics. Makes me wonder if Phil ever chats politics with friends and acquaintances irl, since it's something he doesn't talk much about on his channel/social media.
1:08- 4th question: 'why don't you dye your eyebrows black bestie?' Phil has a bit of a complex about this but likes his eyebrows the way they are. Thankfully forgoes the sharpie and gets a brow pencil to try it out. Takes it off.
1:52- 5th question: 'do you regret doing a TV commercial?' He does regret it, only got paid 50 quid for it. But he was young, it was funny and chaotic. Phil's advice: 'read contracts. don't sell your soul to the devil. unless he's hot'
2:12- 6th (and first potentially actually spicy) question: 'worst sexy time experience?' Kind of bf at uni texted and asked that Phil write his (the guy's) name on a 'certain part of his body'. Phil ',,did not,, do that.' jury's still out on that one Phil, people are unconvinced by this statement :lol:
Phil's not shaming anyone but seems like body writing kink is not for him. good to know I guess,
2:36- 7th question: 'have you ever smoked.. a weed?' once a hot guy at a party offered him some (a hit on a joint) and it made Phil cough a lot.
Many were curious about the final google feud video and sadly this provides little answers. Personally from this story I would still consider edibles very much on the table (and way nicer than smoking anyway) but we may never know.
2:52- 8th question: 'most selfish thing you've ever done?' Phil's childhood friend invited him to her wedding, he said he'd go, then forgot about the date and went to vidcon. Apologized and offered to pay her the money she would've spent for him to have a spot and to take her out to eat but she blocked him. He's still open to rekindling that friendship. (I think I recognized this story from somewhere? but I can't remember where)
3:32- 9th question: 'why don't you swear on the internet? we wouldn't mind if u did' Phil does swear in every day life 'all the f*cking time', but originally it was 'cause family watched his videos and he doesn't swear in front of them. Also like keeping his vids accessible to people who don't like it. Examples of words allowed on AmazingPhil in 2021 include dick, bitch and tit.
4:08- 10th question: 'will there be a garden attached to the new house?' They do 'have outside space' whatever that means. I will anxiously await seeing if it is a proper garden space or like big balcony type deal.
Phil jokingly considers getting a rabbit or flock of goats. Rabbit appears on screen with dog bark and goat appears on screen odd horse-type sound. Never change, Phil.
4:18- 11th question: 'Britain or USA?' Phil likes Britain for the free healthcare and less guns, however they have plenty of their own problems and he would like move to NZ.
4:28- 12th question: 'worst memory of you and Martyn?' Once threw a spade (shovel/trowel) at him, hit him in the leg and hurt him, felt bad.
4:47- 13th question: 'first boyfriend?' Cool guy during uni he met on a dating app (maybe the one his friends used to out him mentioned in COTY??) he was a bit annoying but he was hot and Phil was obsessed. He came to the uni a few times, the 'hung out a lot', bought him a plushie robot which Phil loved then cheated on him after 2 weeks. Phil was sad, cried, ate a lot of Ben and Jerry's and then his friends held a robot burning ceremony for him. Iconic.
(also Phil referring to having boys over that he was interested in/dating as 'hanging out' etc. is so fucking funny to me. got it. just hanging out, absolutely ZERO gay messing around :rofl:)
5:41- 14th question: 'least favourite zodiac sign? isolate some fans Phil!' Doesn't like scorpio cause creepy crawlies and they're the cool one so he's a little jelous.
5:54- 15th question: 'what's the most expensive item you've ever bought apart from your house?' Answer is the camera, which was 2-3 thousand pounds. Or the iMac. Or the Japan holiday if you added everything up, which was definitely expensive but totally worth it. They really fucking went all out for that trip and had such a good time it gets me every time they talk about it :rainbowtears:
6:17- 16th question: 'how old were you when you learned about the birds and the bees?' About 7, looked up 'sex' in the dictionary. It was very literal talking about piv sex and Phil was like 'why would I want to do that!' certainly mood at 7 years old but also lmao gayyy.
Also I didn't notice this the few times watching but quick little white comic sans note 'ovs there's a lot of other sex but that's what it says'. Love that. We will have no cisheteronormativity in this house.
6:34- 17th question: 'do you see our instagram posts?' Phil doesn't search his name on insta (does that mean he does other places? idk) quick search finds random guy in swimming trunks, nice art and cursed Phil edit.
I recognized the art and edit from a bit back so I went and looked, they were both posted on the 21st of April, which probs dates that video to then?
6:57- 18th question: 'ass or feet?' Feet are just extra hands on your legs, not sexy to Phil. So ass [screenshot of 2013 Phil 'ASs' tweet].
7:06- 19th question: 'would you actually do an ass reveal for 3 million pounds?' he did say he would do it on stereo, if a brand wants to hit him up he'll put their name on his ass for 3 mil spon. Truly a man of business.
7:18- 20th question: 'are there any youtubers you don't like? no names needed but I'm curious.. have you had bad experiences?' sometimes people in the daily vlogging boom could be annoying. Didn't like people that weren't friends just filming him w/o asking. 'Felt like they weren't respecting my boundaries and making me be content rather than making me feel content.' Phil, creative comedy genius making solid points.
7:53- 21st question: 'show us a pic where you look really good and genuinely compliment yourself' This is hard, Phil needs to improve liking pics of himself. He chooses the joint selfie from CAH Phan Edition with Dan cropped out (this is also his insta profile pic). Really hit me that this is hard for Phil. Give yourself some credit, sexy man.
8:25- 22nd question: 'what is Dan's worst outfit?' The leather shirt. 'I know it was cool and fashionable at some point' was it?? was it ever?? Dan wore it while meeting Smosh and Phil was scared they would think he was weird. Phil's glad it's gone. Me too Phil.
8:49- 23rd and final random question: 'what shape is your bumhole?' Used as 'time to end the video' transition, answer is a triangle.
8:56- pretty bog standard outro, got lots of questions, could do another if it's popular

random non-question-related notes by me:
-1:40- chair watch!! Phil is using one of the new green chairs from the kitchen. Makes me think they probably got rid of the classic dnp colored dining chairs as part of their prepping to move
-the hair!! def getting long, I can see why he wants to cut it before shooting merch pics. idk what it is but something about Phil's hair like that I really like? it seems a bit messier I think just because of the length and it makes his appearance feel a bit more casual.
-the jumper!! I love the blues, and I have seen people theorizing that it might be new merch. we'll see I guess.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Bless you for the timestamps, inanerat!!

I'm kind of sad this video isn't getting nearly the views, but also didn't go nearly as out there with the questions. I wonder if there are just less risque things being asked - I think a lot of people went for humor over spice - or if he's just not quite judging what made the last one so exciting. I'd say out of all the questions in this video the only ones I think truly fit the category of things he'd usually avoid answering are the one about his worst sexy time experience (which I wish had just been worded like 'worst sex experience' because that's an entirely different question), the youtubers he doesn't like (which had the caveat of not needing to name names and therefore was still very, very safe), and the twitter DM one (which also had a caveat in it and now I'm wondering if he maybe reworded the request or just picked the safest amongst similar ones).

This really just felt less like him pushing boundaries and more like him just doing a normal Q&A. Which is fine, but I don't think it's getting that much of a reaction from anyone, making the chances that he'll do this again slim. While I believe he's not overly concerned with views, I do think Phil genuinely does pay attention to what did well and what didn't in terms of content he makes a series.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I don’t know all of the ins and outs of the algorithm, or whether YouTube sometimes give some of his vids any kind of promotion (probably), but I’ve seen other creators talk about how if they don’t upload for a while it can really tank their channel in the algorithm... unless it’s coming back with something pretty significant after an absence, a ‘normal’ video can suffer numbers-wise if the creator hadn’t uploaded for ages, and this was Phil’s first video for 5 weeks. Again, don’t know exactly how all this works, but based on what other creators have said it could have something to do with it... though when he was maintaining a consistent upload schedule some vids just didn’t do numbers either, so who knows?

(The last one also had that clickbaity ‘are you single’ question in the thumbnail which had to have gotten the clicks it wanted lmao)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I mean, Phil's views for the past year or so have not been impressive anyway. Okay, maybe that's not a fair thing to say because they kinda are for someone who's been around for more than a decade, but like, in the great scheme of things, he definitely doesn't hit big numbers anymore, unless it's a special video (the ones with Dan, because who are we kidding, joint content is always a winning bet especially nowadays because it doesn't happen regularly) or there's an interesting topic in it. The thing with this Q&A is that it wasn't spicy at all, lbr (maybe it was for Phil's standards lmao) and maybe that's why it didn't get enough attention. I don't know if this in unpopular but honestly? I didn't find the first "Questions I'd usually avoid" video that groundbreaking either. These kind of videos could be reaaaally good, but I feel like it's not something Phil will ever be comfortable with and that's also why I was surprised when he announced he was making a second one. Not that I don't appreciate him trying, because I do, I'm all in for him trying to get out of his comfort zone, but you know.. I saw other creators making that type of video and I could just feel the difference.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

glitterintheair wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:26 pm I mean, Phil's views for the past year or so have not been impressive anyway. Okay, maybe that's not a fair thing to say because they kinda are for someone who's been around for more than a decade, but like, in the great scheme of things, he definitely doesn't hit big numbers anymore, unless it's a special video (the ones with Dan, because who are we kidding, joint content is always a winning bet especially nowadays because it doesn't happen regularly) or there's an interesting topic in it. The thing with this Q&A is that it wasn't spicy at all, lbr (maybe it was for Phil's standards lmao) and maybe that's why it didn't get enough attention. I don't know if this in unpopular but honestly? I didn't find the first "Questions I'd usually avoid" video that groundbreaking either. These kind of videos could be reaaaally good, but I feel like it's not something Phil will ever be comfortable with and that's also why I was surprised when he announced he was making a second one. Not that I don't appreciate him trying, because I do, I'm all in for him trying to get out of his comfort zone, but you know.. I saw other creators making that type of video and I could just feel the difference.
I would actually love it if they did this video but Dan picked the questions for Phil and Phil had to answer them. I think that would allow the questions to genuinely be pushing Phil's boundaries in a way Phil himself just Will Not while still ultimately Dan knowing what is just a hard no for Phil (or both of them).
Levitating
#relatable

On one side, I would personally prefer for him to be more transparent. His whole channel sells him - he is the main attraction (he even focuses his video on himself lol), thus a more honest or deeper approach to himself would be appreciated. Mind you, not personal as telling us everything about his relationships status. I mean, more personal as giving more depth to his content. He's stuck at the random vlogger/but not completely.

I feel I do not follow anyone on social media now (except for DnP) whose main focus is not their area of expertise. Even Evan Edinger, who makes random videos, offers deep and personalised perspectives on the topics he chooses to explores; he does it as the American, mathematical professional with an extremely good career.

Phil does not sell his Britishness enough, nor his gayness - not with the depth he could have. Perhaps this is what makes me perceive him as nervous and uncertain, even rushed in his content. It is truly a slippery position where to be now.

On the other side, it is his choice! His preferences. His taste. It is what he is inspired by. I would never dare to bother him on social media asking for a different type of content. It's just that I feel that even he is uncertain about his current content - like he is/was stuck and needs to find new firm ground.

Or perhaps it is due to his own personality which can only perform his kind of persona? Seriously, I see him and think "oh please Phil, don't worry about trying to please us; be yourself and we'll love you regardless". Sometimes I feel he's saying lines that Dan would have said, if it were joint content (like reprimanding himself for some bad/ambiguous puns). Maybe this have always been Phil's reactions but they 'gave them' to Dan to add some dynamism to the 'sketches'? And now the problem is how to re-appropriate those jokes without making it sound like he's "making up" for Dan's absence?

I am just waffling!
Susanisnotafish
blobfish
Pronouns: She/her

In this, I end up wathching Dan visiting Marzia and Felix w Anthony and Kalel: why was Phil not w them?
IIRC, Phil was visiting his parents.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell