Dan & Phil Part 101: Gays In The Wild

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Catallena wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:45 pm While Phil is being mysterious about pee and beaches, Dan has provided us with some piano content!
Of course he had to make a sex joke about it.

Also I was afraid to open that tweet for a good five seconds. The angle at the start didn't help.
AND INSTAGRAM STORIES? FROM THE BOTH OF THEM?? ON THE SAME DAY????
v sus bitches.

Cackling @ Dan being so proud of that tweet he promoted it on Insta :lol:

Edit: New page so here's Phil's Stories again too so we can enjoy this rare occasion on one page :stan:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

dnp and their little flurries of activity always leave me on edge trying to figure out if something's happening or they're just having a good time posting once and a while.

That being said, a nearly 2 minute long piano video, sexual pun tweet, selfie with plants and an anime recommendation seems like more Dan content than we're gotten since book promo all in one evening. I'm not complaining.

(also Dan's last few selfies he's had a little more stubble/shadow going on, I'm curious if he's tempted to (or has experimented with) growing it out at all)
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

dan still can't sincerely post a piano video without making a joke out of it but you know what, I'll take it. It was beautiful and you can tell he really has been practicing. Phil is so lucky to just get to hear that on a regular basis.

The only thing i see in the sun glasses reflection is the softbox, and maybe the ceiling with some lights. Why he has done up his shirt with a bobby pin confuses me a lot.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

kavat wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:17 pm dan still can't sincerely post a piano video without making a joke out of it but you know what, I'll take it. It was beautiful and you can tell he really has been practicing. Phil is so lucky to just get to hear that on a regular basis.
Not to be that person, but... is he? :rofl:

You spend enough time in the same house with someone who's tickling the ivories for hours (especially if they're working on the same few measures for a while) and sometimes you wanna pull your hair out.

And that's just the reality I picture for DnP, sometimes. I'm sure Phil has his proud moments, but I also love to think about him locking himself in one of the soundproof rooms for his own sanity.
kavat
pastel persona

rizzo wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:31 pm
kavat wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:17 pm dan still can't sincerely post a piano video without making a joke out of it but you know what, I'll take it. It was beautiful and you can tell he really has been practicing. Phil is so lucky to just get to hear that on a regular basis.
Not to be that person, but... is he? :rofl:

You spend enough time in the same house with someone who's tickling the ivories for hours (especially if they're working on the same few measures for a while) and sometimes you wanna pull your hair out.

And that's just the reality I picture for DnP, sometimes. I'm sure Phil has his proud moments, but I also love to think about him locking himself in one of the soundproof rooms for his own sanity.
Lmao yeah you're probably right. That was probably the reason the piano in the old flat was an electric one that he could play with headphones. He might still practice on that keyboard he had in the filming flat and then show off on the big boy piano.

I just want my romantic dream of phil cooking while dan plays the piano (because I'm pretty sure that sitting room is connected with the kitchen).
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Wow, apparently it's been two years since the last time I visited IDB... It's good to see a lot of familiar names still around! :D

I've tried to keep tabs on DnP but definitely haven't been following them as closely as I used to. I really liked Dan's Pride stream and am glad Phil is still making videos! I also got Dan's book in the mail the other week. Hopefully I'll be able to start reading it one of these days when I'm not swamped with work or assignments.

As for my personal life, I'm doing pretty well! I switched uni programmes and moved back home two years ago. I'm now studying to become a translator after feeling like I'd lost all will to study my previous major and deciding to pursue my language nerd dreams instead. I couldn't be happier about that change, and I'm also in a much better place mentally than I was at the time of my last post here. <3
kavat
pastel persona

somethingsketchy wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:34 pm Wow, apparently it's been two years since the last time I visited IDB... It's good to see a lot of familiar names still around! :D

I've tried to keep tabs on DnP but definitely haven't been following them as closely as I used to. I really liked Dan's Pride stream and am glad Phil is still making videos! I also got Dan's book in the mail the other week. Hopefully I'll be able to start reading it one of these days when I'm not swamped with work or assignments.

As for my personal life, I'm doing pretty well! I switched uni programmes and moved back home two years ago. I'm now studying to become a translator after feeling like I'd lost all will to study my previous major and deciding to pursue my language nerd dreams instead. I couldn't be happier about that change, and I'm also in a much better place mentally than I was at the time of my last post here. <3
Hiii so good to see you back! I was hoping you would still be lurking somewhere :)

So much can happen in a couple of years. I'm glad you are in a better place :lilheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Shall we revisit the confusion and excitement of yesterday?

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil gave us new content! And an ad.
#TeamGuineaPig
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I think the general consensus seems to be that he was in some kind of studio in the bison or guinea pig story? I can't really peg the voices.
shan
morning quiff

At first I thought it was maybe Bryony and Dan plus someone else but after a few more listens it's definitely not Dan. Since the flower photo seems to be at the same studio the photos from yesterday were taken, I'd guess it's people he was working with for his shoot?

I'm loving his chameleon irises turning green to match the sage feature wall in the other stories!
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

The first voice in the guinea pig/bison story sounds like Sarah from IRL. Maybe Phil is taking some fancy photos at the studio for his merch drop?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I think it’s probably merch related because Kelly, another person that works with irl, had a picture of the same location on their story today. I’m ready for a candle so I won’t be upset if it is merch but I am extremely confused about the summer vibes of the shoot
kavat
pastel persona

The beach theme in september is a weird choice, or maybe he's just catering to the southern hemisphere for once. More likely, they stole the props from dans yt show and wanted to put it to good use.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Catallena wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:15 pm Phil gave us new content! And an ad.
#TeamGuineaPig
My comments on these insta stories:

The first one, I have no idea where that is or who the voices are (I too originally assumed Briony and Dan, but I don't know Briony's voice well enough and the other voice doesn't sound particularly Dan, and I could completely believe that it was someone else). HOWEVER there's a little sneaky bit of Phil's arm wearing the cloud sweater from VPMO 2! I'm glad he kept it, as I thought it was cute. (although it had a weird neckline when buttoned all the way up, it was better unbuttoned)

The second one, I had to look at it for a moment but it really looks to me like the colorful stripes in the background are rolled up photo backgrounds, so I'm wondering if this picture was from the same photoshoot day? Anyway this got me thinking about the Dan and Phil and DOGS video and it sure seems likely to me that whatever this recent photoshoot-esque thing was was at the same or a very similar studio. (there are further similarities like the painted white brick walls of the dnp and dogs studio that are similar to the wee in me picture, and faux wood flooring, although it doesn't seem to quite match and both of those things are fairly common, so it's not super identifiable as exactly the same place)
I wonder if they wanted to buy some plants for the shoot and were just like 'fuck it, lets use these for the shoot but then just keep them at home' because that sounds exactly like something they would do :lol:

Thirdly, Disney plus spon is back, which I really don't care about in any way shape or form. However, from Phil's description of the show I was a little concerend about the overarching cisnormative and intersexist vibes it was giving, however I read the wikipedia article on the show and it's an adaption of an older comic and it sounds like there has been thought put into how trans and intersex people fit into the story and the premise so I'm feeling a little less bad about it. After reading a bit about it it does seem more like something depz would actually like than what I was imagining from Phil's description. Still just rubs me the wrong way a little bit as a concept.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

inanerat wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:56 am
Catallena wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:15 pm Phil gave us new content! And an ad.
#TeamGuineaPig
Thirdly, Disney plus spon is back, which I really don't care about in any way shape or form. However, from Phil's description of the show I was a little concerend about the overarching cisnormative and intersexist vibes it was giving, however I read the wikipedia article on the show and it's an adaption of an older comic and it sounds like there has been thought put into how trans and intersex people fit into the story and the premise so I'm feeling a little less bad about it. After reading a bit about it it does seem more like something depz would actually like than what I was imagining from Phil's description. Still just rubs me the wrong way a little bit as a concept.
That's really interesting and extremely valid. I read a few of the comics back when they were first being published before I kinda lost interest and at that time I wasn't socially aware of any of the issues with them, but my vague memories you're absolutely right about them being cisnormative and intersexist. It's good to hear that it seems like the series has adapted to improve that. I may actually give the first episode a shot. (You hear that, Disney? Your ad did some good. Pay him more.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I had the ticklish little memory of a Dan and Phil scandal where a friend of theirs ended up putting up a note on her video yelling at fans that Dan and Phil weren't kissing in her video which led me down a path of searching 2011-2012ish Dan and Phil stuff until I found it... wow, times were wild.

(I don't think they were kissing in that video but Dan definitely had his hand around the back of Phil's neck cupping it as he leaned in to whisper something and I'm a thirsty enough fangirl that I just really enjoyed that casual intimacy even if they didn't know they were being filmed.)
clownari
not a first-time poster

uncle phil:’)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

PHIWWWWWWW

onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:46 pm PHIWWWWWWW

I still can't get over how much Freya is just a mini Marten!
Also, if anyone wants Phil's shirt, it's from here. https://www.dogecore.com/collections/un ... e-given-up
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
liola
rankussy

comes back from the deads

D-daddy? :shame:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Awww. <3

Those Lester genes are strong.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

That photo so dramatically emphasizes the size difference between Phil and Freja.

I'm an emotional wreck.

:happytears:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I checked the IRL financial records and back at the end of May they filed for the 2019-2020 year. It contained some info this time that I don't remember seeing before. Someone better at numbers than me can maybe explain exactly what it means, but it says: Dividends totaling £190,000 (2019 - £63,466) were paid in the year in respect of shares held by the company's directors."

Is this basically what Dan, Phil, and Martyn got paid for the year? The company's total equity for the year was £1,056,338 - a bit less than the year before but not overwhelmingly so. Interestingly, it also appears to say that they only have two employees? Again if I'm wrong someone please correct me. But otherwise, I guess that would mean that the majority of the employees they have are contract or seasonal? It would make sense if there are some people they only bring around on an as-needed basis.
kavat
pastel persona

That is such a cute picture of both of them <3 and a new angle of the house, I always appreciate that!
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:52 pm Interestingly, it also appears to say that they only have two employees? Again if I'm wrong someone please correct me. But otherwise, I guess that would mean that the majority of the employees they have are contract or seasonal? It would make sense if there are some people they only bring around on an as-needed basis.
Having most of the employees on part time or temporary contracts make sense to me, and would explain the inconsistencies in customer service. I think I've even suggested that before. They don't really have a standard assortment that sell every day, they do drops that will sell a lot the first week and then not much at all. I'm guessing the pattern looks similar for the other creators as well. Bringing in more people around those drops makes a lot more sense business wise.