Dan & Phil Part 101: Gays In The Wild

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Levitating
#relatable

Freja (I am still not over the name: SO BEAUTIFUL!) looks happy too! Love them!
So they're in the house and Dan is also an uncle. I am dying :rainbowtears:

BUT do that shirt and that spiky ball say anything?! Which dog are they talking about? That does not look like a baby toy!
phancon
delia smith

Levitating wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:37 am Freja (I am still not over the name: SO BEAUTIFUL!) looks happy too! Love them!
So they're in the house and Dan is also an uncle. I am dying :rainbowtears:

BUT do that shirt and that spiky ball say anything?! Which dog are they talking about? That does not look like a baby toy!
the ball phil is holding had me confused too! cornelia and martyn don't have a dog, do they? (but idk, maybe it is a baby toy lol, i know nothing about babies)
shan
morning quiff

The Uncle Phil photo is absolutely adorable. When I got the notification this morning the tiny icon had me thinking for a second that they had got a dog because even that seemed more likely at this point than a Freya pic! I'm imagining them interacting with her like Pearl in Louise's vlog and it has me all kinds of emotional :rainbowtears:

Also, I've seen a lot of talk about the Lester genes but I see a lot of Cornelia in her too!

The pink ball could be a teething toy since she's that age now and a lot of teething toys do kinda look like dog toys. That said, I don't know that I've seen one that looks that much like a dog ball before. With confirmed Dan aqua scaping, I'm trying to keep my hopes of them getting a dog low. I think they're going to be fish dads for a while longer (but I would be very happy to be wrong!).
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

I think it's more likely that toy is a sensory ball for Freja.

It's really nice to see Phil posting more on Insta, after telling us he was feeling insecure about it. I'm loving the glimpse of their flat we have with full sunlight; it looks really nice.

Is that dog on his shirt a well-known meme? I am terrible at knowing memes, and I can't quite track the origin of this one down.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil finally got around to unlisting videos on LAP. He left a few good ones but still kind of sad to see all the old videos go. Interestingly he made a playlist for the 2019 liveshows and kept those public too. Is it foolish to hope they come back?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:29 pm Phil finally got around to unlisting videos on LAP. He left a few good ones but still kind of sad to see all the old videos go. Interestingly he made a playlist for the 2019 liveshows and kept those public too. Is it foolish to hope they come back?
I know they've been thoroughly backed up by multiple people but yeah, it is still sad.

I hope he starts with his shorts soon so the channel gets some new activity. I could also definitely see liveshows coming back - I think that's something Phil does actually enjoy doing, even if he likes the financial incentive before he commits to a time period for them. If I had to guess I'd say one of the reasons he hasn't sought out a deal to stream somewhere might be his unpredictable health issues and never knowing what days he might feel up to them.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oooh, some Phil leg action on the instagrams.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

:sparkle: late instagram fairy is late :sparkle:
oof that #spon sounds a bit scripted
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
susan2
rainbow nerd

third time lucky ? :running:
shan
morning quiff

Megancita75 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:41 pm I think it's more likely that toy is a sensory ball for Freja.
That's exactly what it is! I've never heard of them before. Apparently they're a combo teething, fine/gross motor skill toy. I might look into grabbing some for a couple of friends who are expecting, the set is pretty cute!
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:20 pm
Amiaw wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:29 pm Phil finally got around to unlisting videos on LAP. He left a few good ones but still kind of sad to see all the old videos go. Interestingly he made a playlist for the 2019 liveshows and kept those public too. Is it foolish to hope they come back?
I know they've been thoroughly backed up by multiple people but yeah, it is still sad.

I hope he starts with his shorts soon so the channel gets some new activity. I could also definitely see liveshows coming back - I think that's something Phil does actually enjoy doing, even if he likes the financial incentive before he commits to a time period for them. If I had to guess I'd say one of the reasons he hasn't sought out a deal to stream somewhere might be his unpredictable health issues and never knowing what days he might feel up to them.
Were they just unlisted and still showing up on playlists? I haven't had time to download anything and I wouldn't be too surprised if he ends up privating/deleting them eventually if he hasn't already.

Maybe the reason he's been so active on insta this week is in preparation for uploading some shorts? Maybe the summer shoot could even have something to do with that. It feels like something is coming, that's for sure.

Also, could be nothing but maybe the candy sticks are for a new video? Like a trying nostalgic candy video or something. We're at three weeks since his assumptions one so the timing seems about right.
Levitating
#relatable

susan2 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:16 am third time lucky ? :running:
What is this?
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

Levitating wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:51 am
susan2 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:16 am third time lucky ? :running:
What is this?
It’s the race number of a person called Daniel Howell who is registered for the London Marathon, who may or may not be our Dan.

If it is him, it will be the place he deferred in 2019, as runners were allowed to either compete virtually last year or keep their deferred place until the event was held again (which turned out to be this weekend, 3rd Oct)

It’s not something he’s mentioned or made a big deal about, which I totally get, because running a marathon is HARD and the last thing you’d want is the thought of thousands of people following your progress, probably
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Who knows if this runner is our Dan, but like in the previous lockdown-era marathon, I am quite curious how he might be training If it is him. Most people I know who run marathons train for months at a time, running outdoors for hours and hours each week with a group of other runners. I can’t imagine training for something like this just indoors on a treadmill. I guess I’m just surprised no one has spotted him running outdoors, so maybe I’m inclined to believe this might be another Dan. Time will tell, I suppose.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Megancita75 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:38 am Who knows if this runner is our Dan, but like in the previous lockdown-era marathon, I am quite curious how he might be training If it is him. Most people I know who run marathons train for months at a time, running outdoors for hours and hours each week with a group of other runners. I can’t imagine training for something like this just indoors on a treadmill. I guess I’m just surprised no one has spotted him running outdoors, so maybe I’m inclined to believe this might be another Dan. Time will tell, I suppose.
But Dan was spotted at a (half?) marathon wasn’t he. The past 3 years have all blended together but I remember people took photos and it was our Dan. Someone confirm I’m not crazy!! I remember this being on Twitter might have been 2019 but like I said 3 years have become one :shrug: I can’t remember if it was ever talked about on here
shan
morning quiff

You’re not crazy, he participated in the 2020 Brighton half-marathon!

I don’t think it would be too difficult to go unnoticed training for the marathon if he is doing it. The workout clothes he’s posted photos in before aren’t patterns or colours that would draw attention and generally speaking people don’t tend to pay much attention to the people going for a run in the park etc. I’d assumed he was still running, regardless of if he was training to complete a marathon or not, since that seemed to be something he found important for his mental health.

If it is him, I wonder if it’s something he would share it with us when he’s done? That’d be a massive achievement!
kavat
pastel persona

I hope his mum kept her Team Dan Tshirt, that was adorable
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Dan was spotted on the lists for the 2019 London Marathon, but then apparently did not run. He told us about what happened in his comedy routine at Vidcon in July that year (including sharing a picture of his mum with a supportive t-shirt). In February 2020, he was spotted running the Brighton half-marathon.

All this (and more) recorded in the IDB archives! :cheer:
susan2 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:00 am
Did anyone else notice the London Marathon page yesterday and wonder - could it be....?
...we'll prob never know :runner: :shrug:
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:45 am

Thanks again to obsessivelymoody for recording!!
obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:44 am
Phantasy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:38 am The photos of Dan from the marathon posted on the official site—they’re cropped and watermarked, basically previews made available for purchase.

I’m sure someone will post them here, but let’s just say they are not flattering. His runners face is something to behold! (I mean after running for 13 miles in the wind and getting pelted with rain and salt water, you’re not gonna look great)
The photos are here (I didn't bother capturing them or saving them bc watermarks and stuff whatever) and I'm proud of him! I wish we could have heard about it from him instead of the reports and whatnot, but I'm very proud of him! I wonder (can't remember if I've posted about this yet) if this is another "block" for him to pass through, like the next video we'll get from him will be about running the marathon he couldn't do last year. Or simply about his journey as a runner. Idk i got the vibes from his vidcon talk that he isn't exactly done talking about this. Especially since it wasn't on his main channel.

And someone on tumblr pointed out that he's wearing the same jacket Phil is wearing in this insta pic, which makes my demon ass very emotional lol
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Colleen Ballinger talks about how she's about to be interviewed for a documentary and they asked her to find old pictures from her childhood. Not to tinhat this project but I wonder if there is some kind of og youtuber documentary coming? She's just being interviewed but she's also struggling with a twin pregnancy and very covid-cautious so I can't imagine she would have agreed to an actual tour of her childhood areas.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

oh ;_; proud of phil
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

YAY SO PROUD OF PHIL.

I do wonder what got him to finally go... Did Dan finally win the argument or did the reactions to his Assumptions video get through to him?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I imagine Phil thought about this for a long time before he decided to do it and I’m proud of him for making the decision to follow through
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Some replies!
kavat
pastel persona

Support from John <3
So great he's taking this step! I have a feeling that he's tweeting about it as a means of accountability, because once he's talked about it he has to do it. Whatever works!
Levitating
#relatable

I am really impressed by Dan running and I didn't know it! But also, I find it endearing that he didn't tell us. It makes it feel like it was truly something he did for himself/his mental wellbeing and it's awesome.

I actually think he does not look bad in the photos, in the sense that he is not all red and sweating. I am mostly wondering why does it look like he had a problem with his jaw? There's no one picture where his mouth is 'straight' or turned to the opposite side. It makes me think he had some dental treatment done just days before which makes his participation even more impressive??
Amiaw
interactive introvert

If that is Dan then it looks like he’s running with the big crowd. Big maskless crowds make me so anxious and imo still not a good idea so if he is going to take part I hope the event organizers try to make it as safe as possible for everyone