Dan & Phil Part 101: Gays In The Wild

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Catallena wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:36 pm YAY SO PROUD OF PHIL.

I do wonder what got him to finally go... Did Dan finally win the argument or did the reactions to his Assumptions video get through to him?
kavat wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:26 pm So great he's taking this step! I have a feeling that he's tweeting about it as a means of accountability, because once he's talked about it he has to do it. Whatever works!
I'm so glad for him, honestly it blows me away that he's gotten through everything the two of them have been through without it.

I am also curious what finally made him go for it. I would love to hear him talk about it someday. I feel like it's a possibility he's been aware of and probably thinking over for a long time, and I'm sure Dan has encouraged him before. I wonder how much things like Dan's writing of his book, reading Dan's book, dealing with physical health stuff/physical head issues and stress, people's reactions to assumptions vid (feels a little recent but idk), etc. played into it.

And I didn't think about the accountability perspective of the tweet, but I see it! If it serves as both a push for himself to stick through and do it as well as a way for him to be a little more vulnerable with us and also comfortingly relatable to so many people that struggle with similar things, then I'm all here for it!
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

I like the accountability theory, but I'm guessing that as with almost everything these two do, he's already done the thing before he's tweeted about it.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
shan
morning quiff

Amiaw wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:57 pm If that is Dan then it looks like he’s running with the big crowd. Big maskless crowds make me so anxious and imo still not a good idea so if he is going to take part I hope the event organizers try to make it as safe as possible for everyone
Those photos are from Feb 2020, so just before the pandemic really kicked off. I had a look at the event and they're staggering start times over an hour and a half and only allowing one spectator per entrant so it looks like they're trying to reduce close contact but it's still a marathon and people can't run with masks on so I don't know how well that will work :shrug:

Good on Phil for being open about going to therapy. It's not always the most comfortable thing to share (to 7 million people no less!) and especially not when it's the first time you give it a go. I'm sure he's probably already been to his first session at least but the tweet could also be a little bit for accountability to continue going. Now that we know, he knows that people will ask him about it.

I don't know what waitlists are like in the UK but here it takes months and months to get an appointment with a psychologist so I wouldn't be surprised if he already had an appointment booked when he made the assumptions video and the therapy bit was thrown in as foreshadowing. Having money could speed the process up though I guess.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phil's shop is down - merch incoming, perhaps?
Secretstanner
truth bomb

The merch is simple and cute. A lot of the time with merch I’m like I love it.. if it had a simpler design. Who wrote the sizing 1/2 a waist? 1/2 hips? I’ve never seen a half measurement for clothing
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I am really digging the Linda Blacker photos - I wonder why they splashed out for her caliber of photographer for merch, though? Am I naïve for hoping maybe she did some new headshots for Dan and Phil while they were at it? >.>
kavat
pastel persona

Let's just admire these pictures in full size because they are gooood. Worth it in my opinion.

obvsly
#relatable

I really love this. I think it's a well thought-out and well designed merch. I would buy the whole thing if I have any chance to use it. Too bad it hardly goes below 20 degrees celsius in my country so...... it pains me to say I'm gonna pass. I thought hard but in the end I can't justify paying almost 70gbp (shipping included) for something I honestly won't get to use. I wish he would sell shorts and tank tops one day. :(

Good thing is now I get to put that amount of money away for Phil's birthday charity drive by PhandomGives!
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I wish it came separate. I live in FL and it barely gets below 70F here and I would never wear the pants.
shan
morning quiff

Super cute but I do wish it was sold as separates as well. I'd buy the hoodie in a heartbeat but I can't justify the set when it's spring here and it'll be a long time before the pants and socks are even wearable.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Guys, I can't get over how good those photos look (of both Phil and Sarah). Please let's all hope Phil or the photog Linda Blacker posts some more. Is it just the camera quality? The thought put into staging? Maybe she's just really good at getting people to relax?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I wonder if Linda took the other photos of Phil too and what those are for. It’s nice he went for professional photos this time because the whole thing- background, colors, etc. is really pleasing to the eye
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

Amiaw wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:57 pm If that is Dan then it looks like he’s running with the big crowd. Big maskless crowds make me so anxious and imo still not a good idea so if he is going to take part I hope the event organizers try to make it as safe as possible for everyone
Whoever that Dan was didn’t run, perhaps another year!
Levitating
#relatable

LadyLackless wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:19 pm
How do you know?
I don't know how marathons work, but I thought they were about collecting money for charity? So what happens about that when the runner does not go? :?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

We've had some issues with signing in reported - if you're having trouble getting signed in (rejecting a password you know is right) or you're being very frequently signed out, can you send us a message with your IP address and the device and operating system you're using? If you can't get signed in to send a PM to a mod you can email us at indepthbants at gmail.com. Thanks!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

BlueSnoko
sofa crease

inanerat wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:20 pm as well as a way for him to be a little more vulnerable with us and also comfortingly relatable to so many people that struggle with similar things, then I'm all here for it!
He's stepping into Dan's void for all the mentally ill Phannies :lol:
The mauve ones are boys and the white ones are girls, and the blue ones are just little sillies who are not sure what they are. - J. M. Barrie
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

BlueSnoko wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:08 pm
inanerat wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:20 pm as well as a way for him to be a little more vulnerable with us and also comfortingly relatable to so many people that struggle with similar things, then I'm all here for it!
He's stepping into Dan's void for all the mentally ill Phannies :lol:
And I appreciate it so much because mental health wise I'm much more of a Phil than a Dan and it's just really nice to hear Phil's way of handling his issues.
soveinco
drama llama

Levitating wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:31 pm
LadyLackless wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:19 pm
How do you know?
I don't know how marathons work, but I thought they were about collecting money for charity? So what happens about that when the runner does not go? :?
I don't know anything about marathons either, but here's what I found: "For most marathons, [the entry fee] ranges from $60 to $300. More prestigious and popular races (often in big cities) tend to have a higher entry fee. Sometimes you have the option to run on a charity team, in which case your entry fee is covered; but then you might have to fundraise anywhere from $2,000 to $5,000." from https://www.health.com/fitness/how-much ... a-marathon

So Dan would just pay the entry fee, not have to fund-raise, unless he wanted to run for a charity team and raise money, rather than on his own. And he would just lose his entry fee, if he didn't run.

And results/times get posted, so I assume that runner just didn't have any results. People should correct me if I'm wrong, of course, but just going on my experience w/ friends running the New York City marathon.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Fine. I’ll post this hellscape of a tweet.
Sigh. I’m sure their lives are so much fuller than that home and career you just built with your soulmate of a decade. :roll:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Uuuuuugh, Dan's tweets are so boring and fake. I don't even care about the horny on main shit anymore.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Yeah the 'my life is so awful' tweets are really falling flat for me lately too. I much prefer the warm and proud Dan that we got to see again with his book.
obvsly
#relatable

At this point I’m kinda itching to not-so-politely ask him to go read his own book again. It might help.
shan
morning quiff

I've started having this moment of 'do I even want to know?' when I get a Dan twitter notif. Today's answer was a big no.

He's already got more likes and comments on his tweet than Phil's so maybe people do like these kinds of tweets and those of us who are exhausted by the cheap joke-y thirst tweets are in the minority. I don't see what's enjoyable about them but apparently a lot of people do. I'm really looking forward to the day he's managed to get these jokes out of his system (or at least to the point he only makes them very, very infrequently).
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Ok so we all agree that that tweet missed, but I looked at the replies and this one never even landed. :|
Huge eyebrow raise from me my dude. I get abuse coping mechanisms, but this one should've stayed between you and your therapist.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr