Dan & Phil Part 101: Gays In The Wild

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fancybum
senpai

inanerat wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:50 am (but also, maybe try to let up on the negativity a bit for those who are still enjoying it)
Just popping in for a sec because I'm curious if you would appreciate a comment saying "but also maybe try to let up on the positivity a bit for those who aren't enjoying it"? Would you find that to be a helpful comment for anybody on a forum meant for discussion (from a variety of viewpoints..).
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

fancybum wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:07 pm
inanerat wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:50 am (but also, maybe try to let up on the negativity a bit for those who are still enjoying it)
Just popping in for a sec because I'm curious if you would appreciate a comment saying "but also maybe try to let up on the positivity a bit for those who aren't enjoying it"? Would you find that to be a helpful comment for anybody on a forum meant for discussion (from a variety of viewpoints..).
I do appreciate it, thank you.

This was something I added at the end 'cause it does annoy me a bit sometimes and it was a bit of a petty comment after a more chill post. I'm sorry. My reason for this comment was mostly coming from seeing posts from other platforms that aren't really aimed at discussion, that in my mind don't really do anything productive other than make people feel bad. I do appreciate the little corner that idb is where negative feelings and criticisms can be discussed and I also understand that it's my responsibility to peace out for a bit when the current discussion isn't vibing with me.

At the same time, and maybe this is just the idealistic, overly optimistic side of my brain talking, it's my general mindset in life to be careful about how and where I am leaning into negativity and to go about the world spreading the least of it that I can. However, that's not everyone's mindset and that's ok too.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

I don’t really have anything to add about Dan specifically right now - I’m not sure *how* I feel about it yet to be honest - but I did want to say that I’ve really been appreciating the discussions on here and the fact there have been a lot of different viewpoints, from all sides (I hesitate to necessarily say ‘negative’ because I don’t know that criticism is inherently negative, but I know it’s a bit of a grey area, and I also know there are people - not here - who just like to dunk on him whatever he does, so I can understand people getting defensive.) In some of my spaces people have curated their experiences to such an extent that even the slightest whiff of even perceived negativity isn’t ‘allowed’; and I absolutely support anyone’s right to curate their experience however they want so that’s fine, but it does mean that I haven’t seen much discussion, or thoughts that might mirror my own... except here, so I just appreciate this place, is what I’m saying. <3
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

I rarely post here anymore even though I still check in daily because I'm aware most of my posts are negative and I don't want to just moan all the time, the last 5 or 6 posts I've written ending up deleted before I posted because they were just rehashed complaints about Dan which this one also is.
I appreciate the negative/critical posts because it makes me feel like I'm not alone in feeling this way and that I'm not weird in feeling alienated by some of the thing's Dan tweets.
Twitter Dan has never been for me but endless sexual stuff is cringe at best for me, some of it is just uncomfortable, as someone who became a fan of them because of their relationship it makes me feel weird even though it's just projection on my part and honesty none of my business at the end of the day. While I miss the old Dan but I'm glad he's happier doing what he's doing now even if 99% of it isn't for me. I still enjoy what Phil is doing and I'm excited for whatever the mysterious filming was for.
starsandshards
living flop

Once again I am wowed and humbled by how this forum is so thoughtful and willing to listen to others, even if they don't agree. It's such a nice environment here.

Topic? What topic? Oh yeah - WHERE THE HELL IS PHIL I NEED SOME MR AMAZING IN MY LIFE SOON PLEASE
liola
rankussy

What I've always appreciated about IDB is that there isn't a single mindset on this forum, and while often opinions don't align, everyone is allowed and welcomed to share their own.
But maybe that's because I'm captain of the Dan Critique Squad lmao

I'm also missing Phil desperately. I feel a video coming to promo his merch, and it also feels like it's been forever since his last video.
Also, isn't the thing he filmed supposed to be out in autumn or did I completely lose track of time and space? Cause I mean, it's October, it's officially Autumn Mr Amazing.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

AmazingPhil wrote: CACTUS CHUMS

Hope you’re well!

Here’s a news blast:
I Just filmed a new video!
I am procrastinating editing the video by writing this!
Some SHORTer content may be popping up on lessamazingphil next week
I am addicted to Squid Game
Strange dizzy brain has improved a bit this week having had some botox in my scalp (lol)
My glasses fell apart again so I decided to get some new ones! They arrive next week
I got the new iphone on an upgrade and review: it is HEAVY but I’ve been taking a lot of close-up photos of stuff and realising that skin is pretty gross but my cactus looks cool
I’m glad couch club has started to arrive as I commence my evil plan to spread cosiness throughout the world! (Thanks to anyone who grabbed some.)
Also I hear the leaves are crispiest in November so you might have something a bit different on my channel then.
News blast over! Back to the edit
Farewelllllll
AmazingPhil
fioebae
drama llama

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:21 pm
AmazingPhil wrote: I Just filmed a new video!
I am procrastinating editing the video by writing this!

Some SHORTer content may be popping up on lessamazingphil next week

Strange dizzy brain has improved a bit this week having had some botox in my scalp (lol)

Also I hear the leaves are crispiest in November so you might have something a bit different on my channel then.
New Phil video incoming!! Im go excited to see what it is about :D Something Halloween themed? And some youtube Shorts on lessamazingphil? I wonder if that will be short clips of longe rvideos like some other people I follow have done or new content? Plus a release date for the Mystery Project!! God I'm so excited for a proper Phil project :rainbowtears:

The idea of Phil getting botox is just so funny to me I can't wait to super zoom into his forehead in the next photo of him we get lol (but also very please to hear it has helped him, I think I remember Rosie from Rose & Rosie talking about how she got boxot for chronic migraines and it helped her a lot)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I hope the botox will work as more of a long term solution for Phil. Him following up on it with us makes me think it's definitely still a factor in why there's long periods of time between videos and stuff (other than obviously being busy with other things). Also seems like he hasn't hired an editor yet then huh?

I'm very curious about what his YouTube Shorts are gonna be like, and glad to have somewhat of a clearer date on his :blowingleaves: Crispy Leaf Mystery Project. :blowingleaves:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Ayy, something I have in common with Phil! I just finished my second set of injections for my migraines, and I've definitely already noticed a difference. You most likely won't notice any change to wrinkles or anything.... The cosmetic type of Botox is like 5x more concentrated in an area than the migraine version because the injections for migraines are spread out around your head.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I saw someone tweet recently about appreciating all of the people saying nice things about Phil while he's having medical issues and I keep thinking about it. It just really is nice to see a genuine surge of care and concern for his well being. It's really easy (me included) to get frustrated and impatient when I want a video, and it's not like that feeling goes away, but Phil being open enough with us to let us in on his health issues really makes it easier for that perspective and (for me at least) to feel endeared toward the rest of fandom that I see also accepting that sometimes health issues mean you just don't get shit done in the timeline you or anyone else would like.

Also, I miss Dan, and would very much like him to show up in these youtube shorts eventually if not at first. This isn't helped by the fact that I had a Dan and Phil dream last night.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Am I naive for hoping that perhaps Shorts could be a way for Dan himself to return to YouTube without having to keep the imaginary qUaLiTy threshold for his channel in mind?

(yes. but a girl can dream.)
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil updated LAP with a new profile picture and description. I’m getting excited for new content!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

He posted his first one! I laughed through the disappointment at it not being new content, but it is the appropriate day for it so I'll forgive him.

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Yeah it's appropriate today and a sorta good note to kick things off with, but I do hope we get some Original Phil Content soon-ish. I'm very interested in how much he'll be using Shorts (as in, what his contract says lol) compared to like Instagram.

btw I'm surprised and a little disappointed Dan didn't post for World Mental Health Day...
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
obvsly
#relatable

Catallena wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:41 pm btw I'm surprised and a little disappointed Dan didn't post for World Mental Health Day...
he might have heard we're talking about him getting a bit too predictable so ... surprise!

(i'm just joking i don't mind it that much. i hope he comes back with something happy and witty. a selfie would be so welcome too.)
liola
rankussy

Catallena wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:41 pm
btw I'm surprised and a little disappointed Dan didn't post for World Mental Health Day...
Don't say it, or he'll show up with another tweet about how much wanting to fuck strangers is gay rights
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Y'all are brutal lol.

I just thought he'd retweet/share something from Young Minds on Twitter or Insta, not even something original. Or throw out a #spon for the book... For something that was such a long time coming he stopped talking about the book rather quickly imo.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

in terms of new phil content, he uploaded this as his lap profile image and he pretty
obvsly
#relatable

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:28 pm in terms of new phil content, he uploaded this as his lap profile image and he pretty
why does phil insist on wearing this shade of ghastly green????
it's not. his. colour!!! :evil:
(he pretty tho)
shan
morning quiff

I'll confess to being a little disappointed with the first short. It's very appropriate for the day of course but I was expecting the shorts to be new footage. It's a great clip but when you've seen it a thousand times and are expecting new content it's hard to get too excited about it.

Does anyone follow other creators who are doing them? I'm curious if they're all *that* short, I was thinking they'd be more tiktok length. Hopefully he'll post some more this week so we can get a better feel for what this is supposed to be!

I hope everything is ok in Dan land. Posting nothing, not even a retweet, for WMHD is very strange. This is completely me projecting but I find it hardest to talk about mental health when I'm struggling with it myself so I hope that's not where he is right now. Or maybe he just hasn't been online and forgot :shrug:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Safiyah posted content to her shorts channel that was already on her tiktok so I don’t think it’s that strange for Phil to break the ice with clip he’s posted before-especially because it worked for today and it was in line with content on his main channel. I’m hoping he’ll get more comfortable with it and start posting more but I’ll give him some time to get used with it.

As for Dan- he’s been all over the place with posting but earlier this year he didn’t even like birthday art so I wouldn’t be surprised if other things change like birthday tweets and Christmas posts. I am surprised he didn’t tweet or even like any posts yesterday because he’s a mental health ambassador but imo I think Dan’s done living his life online.
shan
morning quiff

Hmm I think when I heard about shorts I was expecting something like short-form YouTube videos. Like back in the early days of YouTube when videos would be around 3 minutes or less. Probably because when he mentioned something about potentially uploading some outtakes from the November project it didn't click with me that it was going to be in a tiktok style format. I'll need to adjust my expectations for these shorts I think. I'll gladly take any new content Phil wants to throw at us though!

I agree that I could see Dan taking a full step back from posting about birthdays etc. I didn't realise he hadn't liked any birthday art though and that made me realise I don't think either of them have been liking much art this year. It's not for a lack of it either, I've seen loads of people posting amazing phanart!
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

shan wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:39 pm
Does anyone follow other creators who are doing them? I'm curious if they're all *that* short, I was thinking they'd be more tiktok length. Hopefully he'll post some more this week so we can get a better feel for what this is supposed to be!
Most creators I follow average between 45 seconds to a minute, I rarely watch any of them, they just don't appeal to me except Claire Luvcat because cats can draw me in to anything even when they're clips from her longer videos.
shan
morning quiff

Phanshy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:44 am
shan wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:39 pm
Most creators I follow average between 45 seconds to a minute, I rarely watch any of them, they just don't appeal to me except Claire Luvcat because cats can draw me in to anything even when they're clips from her longer videos.
Oh I didn't know Claire was doing them too! Thanks for the info, I just found her playlist of shorts :loveeyes:

That's interesting that it's another person reusing clips for old content though. Shorts are starting to sound like just shorter clips from longer videos rather than it's own thing. Anyway I know it's too early to tell what it'll be on Phil's channel, we'll just have to wait and see.