Dan & Phil Part 101: Gays In The Wild

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

So I said this on Twitter last night/this morning, but I just kept thinking about how they have a fancy coffee machine when Phil is a self admitted coffee pleb who only drinks instant coffee. Then I find out it's a not just a fancy coffee machine, IT'S A FANCY COFFEE MACHINE THAT COSTS LIKE 700 POUNDS.

Like no hate against instant coffee cause I drink that shit too, but they've could've just bought a fucking Dolce Gusto. 😭

I hate them.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
madzilla84
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

700 and the rest ... if it’s the one it looks like it is, it’s about 2K. Which - in fairness, if I had their money I’d buy it, but I love fancy coffee. And as you said, Phil’s expressed distaste for fancy coffee in the past (and it doesn’t come much fancier at home than a bean-to-cup machine). And I didn’t think Dan was much of a coffee drinker... maybe Phil uses it for fancy lattes and similar? (Or maybe Dan’s gotten more of a taste for it now it’s The Best)

And I thought my nespresso machine was a bit much when I got it :lol:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay working on this list if anyone recognizes the other appliances, or even just brands?

thermostat (?)
electric stove hob (?)
Dishwasher: Siemens iQ700
Washing Machine: Originally I thought it was the Gaggenau WM260164 but Lackless said they're both Bosch!
Dryer - Similar settings to to Bosch WAW28640AU washer (??) but lacking the white lcd screen
Bedroom thermostat: Heatmiser neoAir
microwave (?)
Coffee maker: Breville Barista Touch Espresso Maker (or the more expensive version)
starsandshards
living flop

My uncle has one of the posh bean-to-cup coffee makers that are about 2.5K€ and it DOES make good coffee, but... that's a lot of money man!!

I drink pleb coffee (decaf Nescafé gold ackshully) but I wish I could have fancy cawfeeeee.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

madzilla84 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:01 pm 700 and the rest ... if it’s the one it looks like it is, it’s about 2K. Which - in fairness, if I had their money I’d buy it, but I love fancy coffee. And as you said, Phil’s expressed distaste for fancy coffee in the past (and it doesn’t come much fancier at home than a bean-to-cup machine). And I didn’t think Dan was much of a coffee drinker... maybe Phil uses it for fancy lattes and similar? (Or maybe Dan’s gotten more of a taste for it now it’s The Best)

And I thought my nespresso machine was a bit much when I got it :lol:
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:40 pm Okay working on this list if anyone recognizes the other appliances, or even just brands?

thermostat (?)
electric stove hob (?)
Washing Machine: Originally I thought it was the Gaggenau WM260164 but Lackless said they're both Bosch!
Dryer - Similar settings to to Bosch WAW28640AU washer (??) but lacking the white lcd screen
microwave (?)
Coffee maker: Breville Barista Touch Espresso Maker (or the more expensive version)

I initially feared they did get that 2k one, but this Tumblr post was fairly sure they got the smaller one for 'only' 700 pounds. But alittledizzy has a different one in her list so now I don't know?

Insane amount of money either way, definitely makes Nespresso seem cheap.

They better never even go near Starbucks ever again to make that thing worth it. :psl:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
BlueSnoko
sofa crease

Catallena wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:34 pm So I said this on Twitter last night/this morning, but I just kept thinking about how they have a fancy coffee machine when Phil is a self admitted coffee pleb who only drinks instant coffee. Then I find out it's a not just a fancy coffee machine, IT'S A FANCY COFFEE MACHINE THAT COSTS LIKE 700 POUNDS.

Like no hate against instant coffee cause I drink that shit too, but they've could've just bought a fucking Dolce Gusto. 😭

I hate them.
Maybeit's for Dan? Pretty sure he's a coffee snob. It's probably also for guests? Ilike to be able to offer my guests nice things... I honestly don't see any reason to be upset. They rearely throw their money around. When Dan buys a 700$ shirt, he wears is 700 times. I'm sure the coffee maker will be the same. Expensive, but valued.
The mauve ones are boys and the white ones are girls, and the blue ones are just little sillies who are not sure what they are. - J. M. Barrie
Amiaw
interactive introvert

sometime last year Dan started following an account for a coffee (?) youtuber on instagram and in one of the pictures from their old flat it looked like he had a coffee book so maybe it’s another hobbie he started recently
kavat
pastel persona

Pumpkin carving with google?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I miss Halloween content with Dan, but I'm just going to be happy if we get any Halloween content that's accessible to us!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

living for this tbh
BlueSnoko
sofa crease

Phil, in his latest video, I Got Catfished.

"Though I did meet Dan off the internet and he could have been a catfish"

Does that count as positive confirmation of their relationship? The operative Catfishing of the story is definitely gay. I would say yes, but also Phil continues to be a master of subtle, confusing communication. I'm fascinated by the self representation journey they've been going on this year.

Class, please discuss.

Ps. Phil, why was a gif never made? :shrug:
The mauve ones are boys and the white ones are girls, and the blue ones are just little sillies who are not sure what they are. - J. M. Barrie
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Truly 10/10 Phil content
Philena
blobfish

Had to login just because I love Phil story time so much 💜

Also, I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the appliance list update.
BlueSnoko
sofa crease

Philena wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:25 pm Had to login just because I love Phil story time so much 💜

Also, I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the appliance list update.
There's an appliance list?
Philena
blobfish

@BlueSnoko I was referring to @alittledizzy's list based on Phil's short from yesterday.
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:40 pm Okay working on this list if anyone recognizes the other appliances, or even just brands?

thermostat (?)
electric stove hob (?)
microwave (?)
fioebae
drama llama

Amiaw wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:03 pm sometime last year Dan started following an account for a coffee (?) youtuber on instagram and in one of the pictures from their old flat it looked like he had a coffee book so maybe it’s another hobbie he started recently
James Hoffmann! I'm obsessed with him, he started my decent into coffee snobbery and now I have switched from cheap instant to getting freshly roasted beans from a local roastery delivered to my house every week to grind myself each morning for my daily coffee........ It's becoming a problem.... Let's just say as Dan is watching James Hoffmann he has definitely fallen down the rabbit hole of becoming a #CoffeePerson :lol: James also did a review of the coffee machine in the short (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRBOxyu2b2Q) and I am 100% certain that it is the Oracle Touch by Sage/Breville based on the position of the grinder. Fyi it is Sage in the UK and Breville elsewhere but it is the same company :)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

BlueSnoko wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:36 pm Phil, in his latest video, I Got Catfished.

Does that count as positive confirmation of their relationship? The operative Catfishing of the story is definitely gay. I would say yes, but also Phil continues to be a master of subtle, confusing communication. I'm fascinated by the self representation journey they've been going on this year.

Class, please discuss.

Ps. Phil, why was a gif never made? :shrug:
He's also liked some cute comments about Dan!
shan
morning quiff

Oh how I love Phil and his pre-2009 story times, two absolute A+ videos two days in a row.

I really feel for Kath hearing a lot of young Phil stories, her trusting little gulli-Phil running off to the city to meet random guys he met online. And in those days when everything on the news literally was if you meet someone online, you will be murdered!1!! No wonder she said he was a handful!

I was a little taken aback at first with him saying Dan could have been a catfish too (x2 as well!) but then I was wondering since Dan had confirmed 2009 phan in BIG maybe it's ok for Phil to be a little less ambiguous about the early days but anything post-2009 is where they get cagey? Not that I think we'll hear anymore about their origin story than we already know but that a comment like that can be thrown in without a 'online friend' catfish qualifier.
obvsly
#relatable

BlueSnoko wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:36 pm Phil, in his latest video, I Got Catfished.

I’m literally coming here exactly for this lol oh I can’t love this video more. Phil does the best storytime videos.

The way he mentioned dan in the vid is in the sense of someone he “ended up with” so that’s definitely significant to me at least. I wonder if this video is to preface whatever is coming next in the “fall video” that they filmed earlier? If that’s the case….

**cue jaws theme**
BlueSnoko
sofa crease

alittledizzy wrote:
He's also liked some cute comments about Dan!
That comment by Mars was so amazing I screencapped it.
Levitating
#relatable

I LOVED this video! So cute and much more relatable, I found, as someone whose life is also a lot on the internet! The mentioned things like msn and myspace *-*!
And he was so casual and cute in mentioning Dan too. Loved it!
kavat
pastel persona

I love a fun classic Phil storytime video! This one was great, and it was interesting to hear him talk about his internet life before youtube, I liked him admitting to being some sort of local myspace celeb. And it's a story I think many of us can relate to on some level.

I'm impressed that didn't scare him away from meeting people from the internet but I do now see the importance of those many hours of Skype calls n 2009.
inanerat
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: he/she/they

Such a delightful video. I'm only slightly miffed that it was uploaded pretty late and even though I was still awake and could've watched it I didn't realize until morning.

Random thoughts:
-Love love this edit, it feels very Phil. I also can't remember when he started (at least a year?? ago) using the colorful font with the black drop shadow but I like it
-I love Phil's consistency with his type (at least at that time) being alternative looking/emo-ish guys and how well Dan of the time fits into that lmao
-Also I love their similar shared experiences of being 'bisexual' on myspace. I hope it's something they've laughed about and bonded over.
-I knew Phil had a myspace but it was news to me that he was decently (at least locally) popular on it. I feel like a lot of long-time youtubers are the same way and it's interesting to me how internet (relative)fame can follow someone throughout time. It makes me curious why that is, whether it's audiences coming along through platform and name changes, something about learning what draws people or keeping an audience, something innate about the person or something else.
-Hearing Phil talk about the myspace culture of making sort of a leveled-up, cool persona of oneself was really interesting too, because I feel like early youtube also had that vibe in a way, where people were themselves but it was also very common to have some type of persona and people were aware of that. I feel like it's different to now where people expect complete truths and full 'authenticity' from most youtubers and internet personalities.
-We do indeed get merch spon at the end and watching Phil almost fall over stressed me out but he does look v cozy.
:transheart: :transheart: :transheart:
obvsly
#relatable

There’s a set of interesting comments on the video. Some people on Twitter have already joked they’re probably one of the Lukes. I personally don’t believe so. (Other youtubers have tweeted about YouTube bots going around lately posting what looks like legit comments but not quite right.) But wouldn’t it be fun if it’s real?? :lol:

“Arin” has commented 16 times on AmazingPhil, but other than these ones I haven’t found another. I think they registered in 2017 and there’s no videos (that we can see) on their channel.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil is going for the content that gets views I guess? Last time he interacted with Minecraft players didn't go so well, probably won't go any different this time lol.

:rainbowsparkle: ANYWAY :rainbowsparkle:

Phil's big catfishing adventure was an absolute delight. I love a good storytime video, bonus points if it's about a young Phil dipping his toes into the ocean of trying to date boys. Bless him. And bless Kat, for having to put up with a son who couldn't spot all a big red flag even if it were right in front of him.

I really enjoyed him giving the little history lesson on emo boy MySpace culture, it made me a little nostalgic for my time as an already chronically internet addicted child lmao. I was also surprised to learn that pre-YouTube Phil managed to be pretty popular on an internet platform, that's not something he has ever mentioned. Oh the chokehold emo boys had on society back in the day~

Definitely interesting that he brought up Dan, the obvious internet dating success story. There's a possibility he only included it because he knew people would bring him anyway, but WOW it feels like more than just that doesn't it? It's a story about internet dating. And the best happy ending to that story is that while Luke might've been a fake and not the internet boyfriend of Phil's dreams, he did eventually end up with a cute sort-of-emo boy via the internet. :blackheart:

Phil liking those comments about Dan being two pig stealing gingers in a trenchcoat is the cherry on top of some great #content.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr