Dan & Phil Part 101: Gays In The Wild

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
casualsun
delia smith

Glad we’re still getting new people after all this time. Gives me hope.

Since we have no actual new content to discuss, I was wondering if yall have some all-time favorite dnp videos? I’ve seen them all too many times, but I’ve been pretty bored lately and would love to revisit some fun ones.

One of my all time faves is the final google feud, and a recent fave is the one where they tell the story of Phil eating glue. Those videos just warm my soul. A lot of their older videos that I used to love I can’t really enjoy anymore, bc they just don’t seem like themselves as I now know them to be.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

Definitely good to have new blood! <3

Speaking of old blood, Hank continutes to show his phannie tendencies:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
000dia000
emo goose

lefthandedism wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:54 pm Speaking of old blood, Hank continutes to show his phannie tendencies:
Oof. This tweet hit a particular niche for me. Glad to see I'm not alone.
:cactus:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

casualsun wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:05 amA lot of their older videos that I used to love I can’t really enjoy anymore, bc they just don’t seem like themselves as I now know them to be.
This is such a good point and something I think I've subconsciously picked up on but never really stopped to think about. I almost never watch their videos prior to 2018 now - outside of the pinofs and a handful of gaming videos that are just comfort videos, I just stick to things that are newer and feel more 'Dan and Phil' as I know and love them now. It can be kind of jarring to watch even a 2013 Phil video and feel like this is just someone that... I know, but also isn't the Phil that lives in my brain right now.
Levitating
#relatable

000dia000 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:47 pm
lefthandedism wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:54 pm Speaking of old blood, Hank continutes to show his phannie tendencies:
Could you explain? :lol: I don't know much about BTS
000dia000
emo goose

Levitating wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:39 pm
j-hope (also hoseok/hobi) is a member of BTS, he is best known for his dancing, rapping and overall performance skills. However, Hank was particularly referring to j-hope and phil's general "mood maker" persona that he's known for - basically sunshine personified. So he gives off the same vibes as Phil in that way.

However, it also kind of feels more intrinsic than that which is why people are losing their minds over the comparison. More similarities: people generally pigeon hole them into this idea that they are "childish" or one-dimensional, with no consideration for their actual professionalism and/or genuine off-screen personalities. Personally, I find their mannerisms are a little similar, all big smiles and laughs or being scared easily and squawking at anything that moves. They both have no filter and would say dirty things "accidentally". That's just the things I can think of. It's just the overall vibes.
:cactus:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

000dia000 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:13 pm
Levitating wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:39 pm
j-hope (also hoseok/hobi) is a member of BTS, he is best known for his dancing, rapping and overall performance skills. However, Hank was particularly referring to j-hope and phil's general "mood maker" persona that he's known for - basically sunshine personified. So he gives off the same vibes as Phil in that way.

However, it also kind of feels more intrinsic than that which is why people are losing their minds over the comparison. More similarities: people generally pigeon hole them into this idea that they are "childish" or one-dimensional, with no consideration for their actual professionalism and/or genuine off-screen personalities. Personally, I find their mannerisms are a little similar, all big smiles and laughs or being scared easily and squawking at anything that moves. They both have no filter and would say dirty things "accidentally". That's just the things I can think of. It's just the overall vibes.
THANK YOU that is exactly the kind of explanation I needed! (I know it's shameful, us having briefly been a BTS forum, after all...)
interruptfireworks
delia smith

i noticed phil hasn't posted a short in around 2 weeks when before he was releasing them every few days, is he on an unannounced break or are the shorts gonna phase out? (i know youtube had some sort of shorts partnership with a few youtubers but i don't watch any others who do shorts, was there any changes with those youtubers?).. i was thinking break but i just checked twitter and even though he hasn't tweeted in a week, that is pretty normal for him
kavat
pastel persona

interruptfireworks wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:17 am i noticed phil hasn't posted a short in around 2 weeks when before he was releasing them every few days, is he on an unannounced break or are the shorts gonna phase out? (i know youtube had some sort of shorts partnership with a few youtubers but i don't watch any others who do shorts, was there any changes with those youtubers?).. i was thinking break but i just checked twitter and even though he hasn't tweeted in a week, that is pretty normal for him
They often take most of January off (previously known as Pyjama Week but it's always more than a week) so I wouldn't expect a short or video until around Phil's birthday. Last year the first video of the year was Something we want to tell you but that was a re-edited stereo from december, the first actual video was posted on Jan 26th. So it will probably be a couple of weeks before we get some content!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

According to her instagram story, Cornelia and co. are still on Isle of Man so maybe Dan and Phil are too?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I miss them. At least Dan threw us that Hades tweet, but Phil has been very silent since New Years :(

I hope he continues doing Shorts this year. They're not all winners, but there have been some real gems and I'd be sad to lose them.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil heard me.
A doctor though... perhaps he's been silent because he's feeling a bit under the weather. Hopefully no serious health issues again.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I wonder if him giving up coffee is health related?

Poor Dan, having to deal with a now caffeine deprived Phil. Mornings in the Lester-Howell household are gonna be rough for a while huh?

Phil: don't talk to me before my morning coffee
Dan: but you don't drink coffee anymore?
Phil: exactly

Though I guess he'll switch to decaf then.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I really hope that Phil decided to tweet this because he's doing a video about it. I'd really love to hear his journey with giving up coffee. He could also slide a lowkey health update in too since he responded to someone saying he's doing it to see if it helps his dizziness.
kavat
pastel persona

It explains why they kept texting about decaf in the latest video. I really hope it helps with the dizzyness (but also yes, please vlog it!!)
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Dan tweet and some replies I enjoyed.
Resolutions all around in the Dan and Phil household! They just need to hire someone to yell at Phil when he reaches for coffee and to yell at Dan when he's been on the couch too long.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Ok but since when are gym bros ever that hot? Muscle doesn't equal good looking, Dan honey get some standards. This man is seemingly horny for every guy he meets.

Also I feel like a gym should be one of the last places you wanna be when a highly contagious airborne virus is kicking everyone's asses now, but what do I know.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
shan
morning quiff

Catallena wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:23 pm Also I feel like a gym should be one of the last places you wanna be when a highly contagious airborne virus is kicking everyone's asses now, but what do I know.
This was the first thing I thought of as well. Sounds a bit strange considering how cautious they seem to have been the last two years. It makes me think it could be another delayed tweet and January just seemed like an appropriate time for it?
kavat
pastel persona

Maybe it's one of those ridiculously expensive boutique gyms that only do small classes of the latest fad (metaformer or barre or something). I would not recommend sweating with strangers in a confined space right now...
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

New community post!
AmazingPhil wrote:*BEEP BEEP*
*NEW TEXT FROM PHIL LESTER*

*sorry if you were waiting for something more important*

Happy new year my cactus chums! How’s life? Still enjoying wordle? How long is wordle going to be a thing? I’m on an 11 streak so I feel like i can’t stop now. I hope it doesn't become another flappy bird or HQ Trivia. I believe in you wordle! You can stick it out.

It was nice to be back with the family in December after last years flopmas. I feel like to make up for it my parents just doubled up on Christmas. I counted that they have filled the house with 9(!!) Christmas trees. Some of them are mini but that still counts. It's like a whole forest in there. I also got them addicted to Netflix's most prestigious series - Selling Sunset, so I feel like those fabulous real estate ladies also came to around 50% of our Christmas and it made it that much more magical tbh. I feel lucky that I got to do that though as I know some people are still stranded / can't travel so hopefully this chaos will end soon.

I’m writing this in a strangely jet-lagged-without-travelling blur as my new years resolution (doctor ordered) was to try giving up caffeine! Ugh.
I’m doing it slowly so I’m down to one cup a day but still my body feels like I’ve been hit by a sleepy truck. ..I’m also slightly irritable so hopefully the wifi will continue to work or I may start hulk smashing routers again.

Why would the doctor order something so heinous Phil?!
I’m still having a lol with my mysterious dizzy syndrome, and one doc thought this might help! Overall it’s pretty annoying but not debilitating so I’m counting myself lucky it isn’t worse, but I do want to fully fix it this year if possible. Doctor Brain thought it might be a weird (atypical vestibular) migraine occurring without pain but manifesting as dizziness instead, so a way to help this is cutting out most fun stuff from my diet for 6 weeks and then seeing if I feel better! It’s a pretty brutal list including completely cutting chocolate but It’s worth a shot and who knows, maybe I’ll be less anxious without 85501 litres of caffeine in my blood stream too??

As usual I transformed into a full rat for the last couple of weeks post Christmas where I traditionally eat an illegal amount of pringles (prawn cocktail flavour specifically), binge a tv show and try and finish a video game or two while wearing a onesie.

Games -
Hades (addictive, sexy gods, and I managed to complete it!) 9/10
Ori and the will of the wisps (a bit too hard for me, but fun cute platforming and exploring) 7/10

TV-
Dexter New Blood - I was still holding onto anger from the worst tv finale of all time so it was nice to catch up with my old serial killer friend for what I thought was a pretty great additional season! 7/10

Movies-
Dune 8/10
Scream 1 10/10
Scream 2 9/10
Soul - 9/10

Pringles - 11/10

This week I'm going to make a bunch of shorts so if you guys have any mini ideas let me know in these comments and I might make one or two or.. more. Don't threaten me with a good time.

Later alliskater

Phil
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phew that's a novel. I'm touched that he gives us these health updates since he really doesn't have to. :lilheart:

He also just qrt'ed Phandom Gives!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
phancon
delia smith

rip dan
kavat
pastel persona

An insight to what's going on in the Howell-Lester household right now
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm a bit late on this, but I really appreciate how much insight Phil is giving us into his life right now? Like, we know that he's trying to tackle what seem to be impossible frustrating migraines and he's working with... multiple doctors it seems? And that the dizziness is still around. (I had vertigo for just a couple days a few years ago - wouldn't wish it on anyone for any period of time).

Like - I recognize that the great part about this is that at the end of the day Phil still has full control of the narrative, but he didn't have to tell us anything and, in fact, it would have been more like him to not. So, the fact that he's sharing warms my heart. I get the sense that he trusts phandom a bit more these days to not overreact?

Anyway -- the coffee situation must be rough. That AND no chocolate? Give the man a full day of video games, because he deserves it. I can just hear Dan cautiously saying, "Phil? How about Animal Crossing instead??"
phancon
delia smith

this sounds fun!