Dan & Phil Part 101: Gays In The Wild

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I had a busy work day and didn't get around to posting Phil's community post from today, but then I actually looked at it again and I don't think it would be very meaningful to share anyway. He basically just picked some custom emotes submitted by fans, then asked for some spicy 'would you rather' questions for a future short in the same line as the shorts he's been doing. Nothing in the way of life update.

I am beginning to give up hope that we'll get a video before his birthday one. He really doesn't usually wait this long into January, but... considering his health issues if he's just relaxing and happy putting out the shorts, I'm not gonna be too pressed about it.
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

I am guessing the income from the shorts is a nice stress free way to sort of save 1/2 off on his breakfast once a week and maybe help keep his channel in visible standing.

There is a very good chance we'll be living like this (the virus) for the rest of our lives and the prospect of that along with health problems and whatever else, and a decade and a half of putting out many ideas, can make it difficult to be creative for a video.

Dan is so relatable, and if we're being honest, good-looking, that he basically has 100% free reign to do whatever he wants. Anything that he does will be accepted, if public opinion is averaged out.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Vote for new thread name here!

:rainbowsparkle: :snowflake2: :rainbow: :snowflake2: :rainbowsparkle:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

lefthandedism wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:28 pm Vote for new thread name here!

:rainbowsparkle: :snowflake2: :rainbow: :snowflake2: :rainbowsparkle:
Note:

strawpoll.me seems to be having issues, so please hold up on voting until we figure out what's going on. Sorry! <3
"Why am I left-handed?"
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

We've enabled polling on the forum, so let's give it a whirl. :sparkle:

Vote here for the next thread name!

Please vote again if you voted in the strawpoll.me poll.

Sorry for the hiccup, and please let us know if there are any issues. :laptoprat:
"Why am I left-handed?"
kavat
pastel persona

New short, feat. foot content

Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I think if D&P had stayed with the radio contract, they could have a career with BBC (even if not as famous as before), as oposed to what they have now. Not saying it would be better or worse. Or that they should've done it or not. But it's an interesting to think about.
the candlelight by the crescent moon
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Kurapika wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:59 pm I think if D&P had stayed with the radio contract, they could have a career with BBC (even if not as famous as before), as oposed to what they have now. Not saying it would be better or worse. Or that they should've done it or not. But it's an interesting to think about.
It's fascinating to consider how that might have impacted them coming out. Like, would they have? Would they be comfortable being an on-air duo constantly exposing themselves to a casual non-fandom audience and also being out as gay and living together? Or would that kind of pressure and scrutiny meant that Dan would never have hit a point where he was okay making the coming out video? I mean he even took a year long break from us before he managed it but with a BBC job that wouldn't have been an option.
kavat
pastel persona

Yeah I got the impression that they felt restricted and hindered by the BBC, which makes sense considering it's such a huge company and also a public service company. Sure, it would maybe have meant more opportunities in the mainstream media sector, but that didn't seem to be their goal. They wanted to do their own things, tours, videos etc, and not be under the scrutiny of being employed by a public service company.

I don't know how it works in the UK, but here people employed in public service can't make brand deals because they are not supposed to promote commercial interests. Rules like that can be very limiting if you also want to do projects outside of the public service. Not to mention political statements etc.

So yeah, I agree that it would have been interesting to see what that could have meant for their career, but I'm sure they made the right call (even if I would like to see Phil host a quiz show on tv one day).
susan2
rainbow nerd

If you don't want to be spoiled - be warned that this features todays Wordle!

I wonder which word he got first time?!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Of all the suggestions for shorts that I left, he took the most boring one lmao
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Please continue here! :sparkle: :prideheart2: :sparkle: