Dan & Phil Part 101: Gays In The Wild

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil gave us more #SHORTS, one new and one recycled from an older video.

Once again, the old clip has been edited by Elliot but the shiny new content hasn't. I do think re-posting clips from a video makes more sense than an ancient Instastory, since it can at least drive traffic towards that video.
obvsly wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:20 am
shan wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:12 am Watching this video has really made me mourn the travel series that never got to be. This is what I imagined it would be, just large-scale Dan vs. Phil's all over the country/world. If only YouTube would throw large amounts of money at them to revive the idea...
omg. THIS! EXACTLY! coz I want to move to Rawtenstall right this minute. They made it look like this perfectly quaint fictional British county where everything is a little dated and quirky. A fanfic town where all the meet-cutes happen! :rainbowtears:
lol I thought it could be a location on Midsomer Murders or some other British detective show about an idyllic little place with an unusually high murder rate where the local detective is a quirky priest or something because the police is useless. I swear it's my mum always watching BBC First not me.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
obvsly
#relatable
Pronouns: she/her

Catallena wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:18 pm
obvsly wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:20 am omg. THIS! EXACTLY! coz I want to move to Rawtenstall right this minute. They made it look like this perfectly quaint fictional British county where everything is a little dated and quirky. A fanfic town where all the meet-cutes happen! :rainbowtears:
lol I thought it could be a location on Midsomer Murders or some other British detective show about an idyllic little place with an unusually high murder rate where the local detective is a quirky priest or something because the police is useless. I swear it's my mum always watching BBC First not me.
Even better, the meet-cute couple can be caught up in a small-town mystery together! One could be the hot librarian with a crime-solving passion and the other could just have moved in and naturally become a suspect! 8-) :o :rainbowtears:
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

An article in the Lancashire Telegraph about Phil/Hometown Showdown

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/n ... ube-series
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Catallena wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:18 pm
Lol, same, I just watch them when my mum has them on. I love Mark Williams as Father Brown.

I loved the hometowns video and Rawtenstall totally won it. Car parks, cripes.
LAshleigh
cheeky #spon

A tweet from Dan, plus a cute Hector original I didn't see until now:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan is tweeting about penises, nature is healing.
also lmao
000dia000
emo goose

EVERYONE!

there is incredibly important data that has been made public from a video published over 13 years ago

Anybody remember this video?

There's a part in it where Phil stands up and his pants fall down.

He called out his audience at the time for being a bunch of pervs because he could see that there was a big spike at that exact moment

I always wondered what he saw that made him make that comment...

YouTube has a new update where you can see the most watched moments on youtube videos and, well, he's not lying lmao

bunch of pervs the lot of you :tsk:
:cactus:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

000dia000 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:50 pm EVERYONE!

there is incredibly important data that has been made public from a video published over 13 years ago

Anybody remember this video?

There's a part in it where Phil stands up and his pants fall down.

He called out his audience at the time for being a bunch of pervs because he could see that there was a big spike at that exact moment

I always wondered what he saw that made him make that comment...

YouTube has a new update where you can see the most watched moments on youtube videos and, well, he's not lying lmao

bunch of pervs the lot of you :tsk:
OMGGGGGGG

also i feel obliged to admit i just added multiple more views to that spike

okay Dia - I don't have the feature yet, can you screenshot what it's showing you? I looked up the feature and it says it's being tested with a small percentage of users.
kavat
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:47 am
okay Dia - I don't have the feature yet, can you screenshot what it's showing you? I looked up the feature and it says it's being tested with a small percentage of users.
Not Dia but this is what it looks like for me when I hover on the progress bar

Quite the peak indead!
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Only the US shop? Why are they closing them both for 2 days? Are we getting a black friday sale this year?
kavat
pastel persona

Phil needs to stop breaking my heart with projects that never happened.

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

In an alternative universe somewhere Phil is YouTube's original king of daily vlogging... Sh*y C*rl who??

Also oops I don't watch any of those channels.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

New Phoogle video :lilheart:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Watching today's Peak Check-in made me want to die inside.

I don't know how else to describe my reaction to that video. Phil was left on his own to try and make an entertaining video with someone who literally said max 10 words the whole time. Yiiiiike.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

It was definitely a lot more awkward than the other ones, even though those certainly have their moments...

Makes me wonder how the normie Google employees are prepared for interacting with human labrador Phil filming these videos, or how they're even picked.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Is it sad that I saw Dan tweeted again, and was like "Oh yeah, IRL said their stores were down for incoming new/sale merch, so this makes sense?"
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
Amiaw
interactive introvert

onceinaugust wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:46 pm Is it sad that I saw Dan tweeted again, and was like "Oh yeah, IRL said their stores were down for incoming new/sale merch, so this makes sense?"
You’re not alone. I had the same thought when I saw the Phil mention. Makes me sad regular mentions on Dans side aren’t a thing anymore
shan
morning quiff

That was my first thought as well but at least as far as his recent tweets and replies go, I really enjoyed this one! I wonder if Phil knew the acquaintance as well and they potentially did see Dan hiding in a bush and Phil staring from a window playing the lookout...

I'm a bit confused with the store situation. Why was the US site down but not the worldwide one? If it's to do with Black Friday, are they only going to be doing sales on the US store?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

amazing
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I think I'd be more annoyed if the tweet hadn't been... fun? Like it reminded me of something he'd have tweeted a few years ago, a little funny personal anecdote that gives at least some insight into his life. Not those super generic things that read like Tumblr text posts. I guess if you wanna get real pessimistic about it you can say he keeps the good stuff for certain occasions on purpose, I think it's his poor attempt at being more like a real comedian who only puts out ~jokes.

Meanwhile, Phil rates food. This man has the palate of an 8 year old.

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Palate of an 8-year-old 🤣 you’re not wrong. Sugar sugar.

I maintain that Dan needs a periscope for his bush-hiding times.
shan
morning quiff

AP members post from earlier today. Looks like some new merch is coming tomorrow along with the combined stores for the festive season!
AmazingPhil wrote: toot toot

Hope you’re enjoying your turkey fireworks or whatever happens over in the USA! (and hi to everyone else)

There may be some new *things* and some *sales* popping up on certain combined *stores* tomorrow so I wanted to give you guys a discount on my couch club range, as there’s no better time to turn into a giant soft human marshmallow than December and January! If you use the code COUCHCACTUS you can get 20% off from tomorrow for 7 days!

I’ve also been planning a new thing for 2022 - a monthly video for you where I’m going to react to some cactus club comments on my videos! I’ll post those in the community tab and will grab the funniest comments from across my vids.

Speaking of comments, I’m going to go on a big HEART spree this week as I know I’ve been a lil slow to do that and youtube have made a handy new feature so I can see all your comments per video!

🌵🌈It’s almost time for my second rainbow cactus video! If you turned rainbow recently and didn’t make it into the last shoutout video (please check! it’s here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlgzP... ) leave a comment on this post starting with RAINBOW - and then your name pronunciation if it’s a tricky one! Still not sure how to pronounce Sibohan to be honest.

I also just recorded some shorts reviewing thanksgiving food!
PART 1 is here: https://youtu.be/MU3fGuYEPJ0
PART 2 is here: (not made public yet so it’s a sneaky peak) - https://youtu.be/jQ-bunOdAkI

In other news I had my first mince pie yesterday so it’s almost time to officially say the C word! I’ve got my festive corgi socks on today so I’m already 15% merry and bright.

Still not sure what a yam is.

In a while, alligator!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Thirding the eight year old palate opinion. Thanksgiving food is by and large not my jam (unfortunate holiday when you don't eat meat and dislike yams/sweet potatoes, casseroles, cranberries, and mushy-texture food like dressing) but I do draw the line at his assault on mashed potatoes. Whatever, Phil, be wrong. More for me.

I'm excited for whatever merch drops today. I hope there's a new holiday card with it. If there is I'll definitely end up throwing my money at whatever stock they're trying to move. I also do overall enjoy the smaller merch drops more than massive ones where I can't possibly afford it if there's more than one or two things I want. I'm not really expecting anything new from Dan, he seems to be sticking with his premise that if he's not putting out content he's not putting out merch.

I loved his tweet with the text message. I know a lot of people are feeling super cynical/resentful about Dan's motives but what we want is more engagement, right? So if that tends to come in predictable cycles then... okay. You have my attention, Dan. Gimme gimme.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil is so wrong for his opinion on mashed potatoes but I get it. I’m a texture person too and if the mouth feel is wrong then the whole food has to go.

I’m indifferent about the merch sale because It’s been hit or miss for me but if they give us a new candle I’ll be happy because that’s all I want.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

A sudden wild ride. There is much new merch:

and a MASSIVE sale! ($2 t-shirts anyone?? with $25 shipping....)

and this exchange had me dead: