Dan & Phil Part 101: Gays In The Wild

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

Image via windhowell on tumblr. Original photo from dan_mcgrathxo on twitter.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So with confirmation Phil went to the wedding, I wonder why he didn't mention it? Obviously he's not obligated to tell us everything he does but I feel like he usually gives us some indication when he's away. The best I can think is that he was at a crowded event maskless (according to that pic) before he got his second dose.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:57 pm So with confirmation Phil went to the wedding, I wonder why he didn't mention it? Obviously he's not obligated to tell us everything he does but I feel like he usually gives us some indication when he's away. The best I can think is that he was at a crowded event maskless (according to that pic) before he got his second dose.
He didn't even acknowledge being in Rossendale, where he was extensively spotted, for several days after, and the wedding fell in between so I guess I would find it pretty surprising if he had acknowledged it? It seems like the kind of private thing he'd want to keep private and like, for all I enjoy stalking his family members' social media and such, he probably does not want to encourage us to do that. (Honestly I would prefer thinking that the reason was some covid shame, but I'm not really seeing evidence from either of them that they're aware of the discomfort I at least feel with the photographic evidence of unmasked socialization and travel before full immunity.)
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Templeofshame wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:10 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:57 pm So with confirmation Phil went to the wedding, I wonder why he didn't mention it? Obviously he's not obligated to tell us everything he does but I feel like he usually gives us some indication when he's away. The best I can think is that he was at a crowded event maskless (according to that pic) before he got his second dose.
He didn't even acknowledge being in Rossendale, where he was extensively spotted, for several days after, and the wedding fell in between so I guess I would find it pretty surprising if he had acknowledged it? It seems like the kind of private thing he'd want to keep private and like, for all I enjoy stalking his family members' social media and such, he probably does not want to encourage us to do that. (Honestly I would prefer thinking that the reason was some covid shame, but I'm not really seeing evidence from either of them that they're aware of the discomfort I at least feel with the photographic evidence of unmasked socialization and travel before full immunity.)
Not to give anyone a pass, but I think even smart, educated, and motivated people can get confused or be misinformed. (For instance, what does "fully vaccinated" really mean? As a linguist, I think no one is distinguishing "fully vaccinated" from "vaccinated"--and the latter has lost meaning.) I'm not sure about the messaging in the UK, but in the US it's officially become hopeless, equivalent to: "Wear a mask if you feel like it."

So, Deppy, care to do something and drag the bants back from the pandemic to yourselves where they belong? :maskup: :tu:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

I'd guess privacy tbh, there's been other cousins of his having weddings this year, not that I'm saying he went to them (cos idk) but I just mean - he didn't mention them either.

I wish he'd post a video. Of anything at this point. Literally anything.
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

At this point all i want is some stupid video. Like how phil makes his coffee. Anything. A 30 second instagram story would do.
We're getting into dangerous territory where I miss phil every day and i hate being so dependant on his content but :c

I might rewatch the Animal Crossing vids. Do we know why he stopped making those? They were super popular and he enjoyed making them I think.
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
shan
morning quiff

snoopysadie wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:06 pm I might rewatch the Animal Crossing vids. Do we know why he stopped making those? They were super popular and he enjoyed making them I think.
I kind of get the impression he never really got into it and was only playing for the channel because the videos did well. He obviously played privately a little bit in the beginning but for the amount of time between each video he was barely progressing in the game. It's a shame though, I would have loved a full, relaxing animal crossing series. Especially last year!
snoopysadie

shan wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:36 pm
snoopysadie wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:06 pm I might rewatch the Animal Crossing vids. Do we know why he stopped making those? They were super popular and he enjoyed making them I think.
I kind of get the impression he never really got into it and was only playing for the channel because the videos did well. He obviously played privately a little bit in the beginning but for the amount of time between each video he was barely progressing in the game. It's a shame though, I would have loved a full, relaxing animal crossing series. Especially last year!
ooh, i hadn't thought of that. i actually always though that he was super into playing and he stopped filming because he didn't like to stop playing between vids... but yours makes more sense bc he would've just progressed anyway and say "oops!".

well at least im glad he didn't continue making content he wasn't feeling a genuine passion for.
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
shan
morning quiff

snoopysadie wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:46 am
shan wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:36 pm
ooh, i hadn't thought of that. i actually always though that he was super into playing and he stopped filming because he didn't like to stop playing between vids... but yours makes more sense bc he would've just progressed anyway and say "oops!".

well at least im glad he didn't continue making content he wasn't feeling a genuine passion for.
I think it was just super noticeable to me because I'm a huge animal crossing nerd so I was looking at my island and the streamers I was watching and Phil was stuck at maybe two weeks of progress almost two months after it came out. I'm really into the idea of him playing more video games on his channel though! As much as I'd love a joint one, I wouldn't say no to some solo Phil gaming vids!
starsandshards
living flop

Word, I would love some solo Phil gaming vids!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Just not more Shelter, please. I still haven't emotionally recovered from the first two.
adorally
phillion/danosaur <//3

What if this Phil video is well......the end i'm sorry i'm sorry I had to say it
:straggy: :betta: :maskup:
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I wonder if (1) this is a vid that he tried to pitch outside of YT and that he ending up just deciding to film himself and (2) if he wants to use it as way to show folks outside YT that he has some writing chops.

Or, of course, this could just be something totally self-indulgent that he figured now was as good a time as any to produce.

I have zero guesses, though I'm thinking maybe a scripted, absurdist storyline like his very earliest vids.
Levitating
#relatable

Megancita75 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:59 pm I wonder if (1) this is a vid that he tried to pitch outside of YT and that he ending up just deciding to film himself and (2) if he wants to use it as way to show folks outside YT that he has some writing chops.

Or, of course, this could just be something totally self-indulgent that he figured now was as good a time as any to produce.

I have zero guesses, though I'm thinking maybe a scripted, absurdist storyline like his very earliest vids.
I was also thinking that! Did I dream it or did Phil once mention something about an alien-theme project he pitched and was rejected? :shock:
howadorableright

Levitating wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:39 pm
Megancita75 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:59 pm I wonder if (1) this is a vid that he tried to pitch outside of YT and that he ending up just deciding to film himself and (2) if he wants to use it as way to show folks outside YT that he has some writing chops.

I was also thinking that! Did I dream it or did Phil once mention something about an alien-theme project he pitched and was rejected? :shock:
i saw someone say in a server i’m in that phil has a video from 2011 called “gay alien babies” so idk if that has any meaning at all but i thought i’d throw it in the ring

phil said this video is nostalgic which we kind of assumed anyway since it’s in his hometown but i still can’t help but wonder what dan was doing in the video, my brain is itching to find out aaaaaa
back back back back again
kavat
pastel persona

It's kinda fun that we are so lost on this one. Even with all the hints about what it could be, it's really hard to figure out what it is because they all point to different things. It's fun and exciting seeing all the different theories!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I loved the insta stories from Phil yesterday just for the fact that we saw his face, but I also just... miss them. After months of relatively high activity from both of them (even if not at the same time) the silence right now feels so much more massive. I know THIS is norm for them; Stereo then the Dan book promo and Phil having tons of time to film bc of quarantine were all standouts that happen to fall in the same time period but it was enough for me to get used to. I miss them. :(
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

this man exhausts me to my core what is he getting from tweeting this aside from 'haha joke' after three weeks of radio silence
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
parallel
phabergé

Jesus Dan
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I need a nap after reading that tweet.
adorally
phillion/danosaur <//3

Idk guys his tweet really rubs me the wrong way!! I think this plus his ~hot-boy summer~ last YouTube video has really gotten to me.

Is Phil okay? How can a romantic partner be fine with the other person tweeting about wanting to explore with other people??

I know and deeply respect they don't want to monetize and publicly explain their relationship. But it frustrates me how their actions contradict one anther. I am so tired of being confused lmao

**edit: tol bean status here we come
howadorableright

adorally wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:05 pm Idk guys his tweet really rubs me the wrong way!! I think this plus his ~hot-boy summer~ last YouTube video has really gotten to me.

Is Phil okay? How can a romantic partner be fine with the other person tweeting about wanting to explore with other people??

I know and deeply respect they don't want to monetize and publicly explain their relationship. But it frustrates me how their actions contradict one anther. I am so tired of being confused lmao

i also always think about this whenever dan has his horny joke moments. personally i know i would not be comfy with my bf horny tweeting about women in general. that being said, we know almost nothing about their relationship and can only assume that this type of thing has been discussed between them and im sure they know each other's boundaries.

either way it comes across weird when you are kind of publicly in a relationship ! but hey that's dan
back back back back again
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

adorally wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:05 pm Idk guys his tweet really rubs me the wrong way!! I think this plus his ~hot-boy summer~ last YouTube video has really gotten to me.

I don't think Dan's thirst tweets have any impact or are any reflection as to their relationship! He just wants to tweet funny horny things. And I support him, while also being exhausted by it, lmao. I mean, he's not gonna tweet about wanting Phil's dick so his options are limited.
brq
phillion/danosaur <//3

I used to think the thirst tweets from Dan were kinda funny for causing chaos (he is literally tweeting these from the house he bought with Phil :? ) but at this rate he must just have drafts full of them to spit out when he realises he's not posted for a bit SAY SOMETHING INTERESTING PLEASE DANIEL I AM SICK OF THE VAGUE HORNY TWEETS

on another note I wonder if either of them will be involved with London Pride this year ? I didn't realise it was on until I got invited via work but it's September 11th
:prideheart2:
adorally
phillion/danosaur <//3

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:12 pm

I don't think Dan's thirst tweets have any impact or are any reflection as to their relationship! He just wants to tweet funny horny things. And I support him, while also being exhausted by it, lmao. I mean, he's not gonna tweet about wanting Phil's dick so his options are limited.
Yeah this is fair. I can't fault them for having different boundaries than me