Dan & Phil Part 101: Gays In The Wild

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Phantasy
woodland creature

Catallena wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:54 pm this crumb tastes like a whole meal :happytears:

Also yes, very into Phil sharing a Behind The Scenes process with us like that. That's what we want!
Phil wants us to believe Dan is still alive?
Sounds suspicious… but, okay. :sideeye:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

There were some funny replies, too - including to a couple IDB members! ;)
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

So... interesting. I'm intrigued? I guess they haven't given up on joint branding.
Last edited by alittledizzy on Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

oh my goddddd i needed those today, what a fucking jolt of adrenaline!! I was expecting Phil content that Dan was a part of, not DAN AND PHIL content?! Also the way the title is formatted makes it seem like Dan vs Phil might be a whole series and Hometown Showdown is just the first part? But maybe I need to lower my expectations there.

It's also a youtube original so I'm fully expecting they'll have to do some promo for it. GIVE US THE JOINT LIVESTREAMS, BOYS.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Not to be dramatic, but I'm so excited I genuinely have tears in my eyes????
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I do desperately wish this was a home improvement series, but you know, i'll take this 😂
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

oh my god. this has injected new life force into me. :happytears:
thank's you were great
Phantasy
woodland creature

plinthofmylife wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:04 pm

So... interesting. I'm intrigued? I guess they haven't given up on joint branding.
Classic branding right down to… “two friends” ;)

Wonder how Dan is going to muster up nostalgia for Wokingham/ Reading without his usual indifference (disdain?).
Secretstanner
truth bomb

So is this a series? Phil replied saying the video is 25 minutes long and both towns are included in the video. But it’s not just a one off right? Not all that trouble for one 25 minute video.

Maybe I’m still in disbelief. I feel like I’m a complete different person since gaming channel Dan and Phil so this is so weird seeing this trailer because it’s not just Dan popping up on screen for a video.
LAshleigh
cheeky #spon

Every time we almost lose hope for joint content they go and do something like this! Love those boys, but they never cease to confuse me.

Love your profile pic rizzo! Such gay husbands walking their dogs energy - sorry, gay friends lol.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’m also hella excited for this, didn’t expect Dan and it’s lovely to see him again.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

i'm so fricken excited! I've been enjoying the phil content lately and appreciating that he's been holding down the fort on his youtube channel, but ngl the joint content has always been my favourite overall. Can't wait for this series! (so excited in fact that this news apparently made me remember my idb login?? no seriously lol I literally tried to log in a week or so ago with what I thought was the same username and password, so this news has clearly woken me up :lol: )
dontpanic
#relatable

Omg, I haven’t felt this excited for a phil video in a long time, so excited for all the young deppy stories :rainbowtears:

This looks so good (or maybe I’m just content-starved 😂) I hope they drop some stories about baby them when Dan first visited those first few times…. Hah still so funny to me, it’s the “teenager takes train cross-country to visit (slightly) older guy he met on the internet” story we were warned about as kids and it actually went well.

Personal rambling that’s too long, super sbouldnt waste time reading
I’m currently moving my grandparents into an assisted living mostly by myself and as I bet at least some of y’all have experienced this first hand with family member(s) it can be… tough. My grandma really doesn’t want to move so she’s been hiding things and crying a lot but their insurance doesn’t cover a full time nurse and i can’t keep going over there to cook their dinners and my aunt still does their nails and stuff but she can’t keep cleaning their place every weekend. We had a housekeeper come for a bit but we went through four ppl because my grandma kept firing them for dumb reasons.

My grandma has fallen three times now since the pandemic started, luckily nothing serious but it couldve been really bad and my grandpa was barely able to help her up last time so that finally got him to agree to move, my aunt’s been working to get them to agree for years.

Anyway, It’s a really nice apartment they’re going to, I was scared I wouldn’t be able to find anywhere I trusted with independent apartments, but luckily the market for the mobile home type house they had sold really well and my brother got a raise at work so he’s able to supplement a little of their rent.
The actual packing and getting them to downsize is a literal nightmare, they already live in one of those smallish manufactured homes but it’s still way bigger than the apartment they’re going to, and my grandpa is one of those people who can’t stand not being in control of stuff so he keeps making all these arbitrary decisions like he wants me to build a shelving unit for the kitchen pantry even tho the apartment already has a nice enough one and there’s 3 different dining halls included at the place they’re going to do it’s not like they’re going to need much more than snacks and cereal for the times they don’t want to go downstairs… but it’s like, I already feel bad for being one of those people who basically almost forced them into assisted living… I guess it’s a good thing I’m one of those stereotypical power-tool loving lesbians lol because my evenings after work have been filled with them.

Sorry I didn’t plan on just info dumping, I didn’t realize how much I just had to write all this down. My friends are also in their 20s so they haven’t done anything like this themselves and I don’t want to complain to my aunt because she already feels bad she can’t help as much as she wants to (she used to be a ballet dancer so her hip is too messed up to do any of the physical stuff, but tbh she has been distracting my grandma while I throw away a lot of their junk and been taking care of selling the furniture they can’t take so that’s already doing a lot).
Anyway, tldr of my life, I’ve been needing something to get excited about and for the first time in like two months it’s —plot twist— literally a Dan vs Phil… what is this, late 2010s SpookyWeek?????

Edit: when do we think they filmed this, just wondering ?
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Super excited for this!! Nice way to bookend this year, it started out strong with joint content and it's ending with something that seems like it's going to be a lot of fun.

It does appear to be a series in the sense that other creators have filmed for it too. Also, the _vs_ title format seems to be what they're all using and isn't unique to dnp's video.
Last edited by alittledizzy on Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dontpanic
#relatable

anna_begins wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:40 pm Super excited for this!! Nice way to bookend this year, it started out strong with joint content and it's ending with something that seems like it's going to be a lot of fun.

It does appear to be a series in the sense that other creators have filmed for it too. Also, the _vs_ title format seems to be what they're all using and isn't unique to dnp's video.
Sorry for posting again so soon but lol, I find it so funny how deppy is so much bigger than the rest in that banner pic
Last edited by lefthandedism on Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter embed
Levitating
#relatable

I don't know any of the other youtubers!

I think I recognise a bit the guy in full black, but don't know him exactly.

I am extremely excited for this show! so so happy. But also... will I have to subscribe to Youtube original content thing (is it called red?), the payment service, to access the video? :(
Grey
lady door

Yaaaaay! :babuse: :maskup: :woohoo:
I'm having a stress.
Grey
lady door

Levitating wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:01 pm But also... will I have to subscribe to Youtube original content thing (is it called red?), the payment service, to access the video? :(
No! Phil said on Twitter that it’s free :)
I'm having a stress.
shan
morning quiff

Omg omg omg whatever thoughts I maybe had about what this project could be were completely blown out of the water! The trailer was so overwhelmingly amazing, how all of that is going to fit into a 25 minute video I have no idea but I'm so excited to see!! I will absolutely be waking up at 4am to watch it live.

I'm amazed none of us found that article before today, truly the ball was dropped :lol: Little theory; maybe Dan and Phil are bigger in the picture because YouTube might have got the idea for the concept from them? Not saying that they're the only people to ever use that format but it is so quintessentially 'Dan and Phil'. Not to mention Maya Jama is part of it and, while I don't know much about her, I've seen her on UK TV panel shows so surely she's the more widely known person of the lot of them? Not that it matters at all, just a thought!
000dia000
emo goose

"two friends"

lads, nobody is freaking out anymore, chill out on the bromo marketing :rofl:
offtopic: is there really such thing as phan shippers anymore?
seriously it's strange watching dan and phil move out of their sexually ambiguous emo weeaboo era and into their thirty-something gay man wanting a cute dog era with the kind of content they're putting out

will this show be objectively good? probably not. will i watch it and squee a little? probs.
:cactus:
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

New content, finally!!
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

AAAAAAAH I'M SO EXCITED!!

I've been on new meds since this week and a side effect is that I cry at everything, but this time my tears were justified and not even for a sad reason :happytears:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I was very excited when the trailer dropped but the excitement has waned a little because Dan hasn’t said anything about the video. I’d like to be all in but right now it doesn’t feel like joint content. I hope he’s as supportive of this as his earlier video
MyCartoonHeart
tol bean

Confused American here. I thought Dan was from Workingham? Is that in or near Winnersh?
shan
morning quiff

MyCartoonHeart wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:42 pm Confused American here. I thought Dan was from Workingham? Is that in or near Winnersh?
I was a bit confused by this as well but it looks like Winnersh is maybe a suburb on the outskirts of Wokingham?