Dan & Phil Part 102: crisis twinks

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Sorry for the delay with posting this one, I was napping. Glad to see the rule of three Instastories in action once again.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Looks like they had some kind of date night then! Cornelia seems to have spend the day in hospital unfortunately so I don't think they celebrated her birthday yesterday.

It's good to see dans face. It's been too long.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

So Phil took yesterday off but is back at it with another early short. I really wish Youtube would notify people because I would have missed this one if someone hadn’t posted about it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:37 pm So Phil took yesterday off but is back at it with another early short. I really wish Youtube would notify people because I would have missed this one if someone hadn’t posted about it.
Seriously, WHY no notifications for them?? Youtube do you hate extra views.

Here it is in case anyone else missed it:

lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

It was hard to come up with the right answer in my head with Phil shouting wrong guesses in my ear! :lol:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

This is off-topic, really, but I'll bring it back to Dan and Phil in the end, as much as possible, anyway. :D

One of my friends this month made a derriere (I keep forgetting if I can swear here, so I am saying this :lol: )cake - a cake that looks like someone's big ol' derriere and their lower back, bent over. All covered in edible glitter & sprinkles. And it got me thinking that any one of them could do this for the other's birthday one year, and no one would be ready for it.

And Dan's hair looks part 2016 and part quiff-y. :)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I wonder if Phil got this and if so, if he'll unbox it in a short.

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I would absolutely not have guessed Sweden, mostly because I didn't know the English word for that vegetable.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

N plus an antlered animal would never be "India" in American English!

It reminds me of that Obama Llama video Deppy did with Lousie where supposedly "Jude Law" rhymed with "cellar door" or some such nonsense. ;)

Also, in American English, that is a turnip, not a swede!
"Why am I left-handed?"
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

according to wikipedia, a swede is a rutabaga rather than a turnip. but also according to wikipedia, in canada, rutabagas are called turnips, so. english is just very complicated.
shan
morning quiff

As far as insta filter shorts go, I'm really enjoying these ones! Some of those pictograms really were hard, I definitely didn't get the Sweden one either :lol:
kavat
pastel persona

As a swede I feel offended that I share a descriptor with a root vegetable 😤
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Cmon Phil it's about new video time. Drop one on us. Beyonce it. Give us this joy.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Afunnyworld wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:56 am I have been kinda looking for a new fandom to get into recently, since I want something fun to distract myself from life lol. Since dan and phil don't post much anymore, there isn't much to discuss on this forum... but I can't help remember the good old days and feel nostalgic for all the analysis during their tours and the jokes. I was wondering which fandoms you all participate in now? Are there any fandoms with forums like this where you can really get into it and have fun with a small enough community that you kinda get to know the other posters? If anyone has a fandom they're into now I would love to hear about it.
I've brought this over from the Off Topic thread to bring it to a wider audience while we're waiting for new content. And I'd love to hear people's thoughts too! As a decidedly older-than-teen fan, I tread carefully, and really miss the days when this forum was busy (on multiple theads!).

Myself, I'm passively involved in a couple tv/book fandoms on tumblr, and have written a bit of fic for the Raven Cycle (by Maggie Stiefvater--books I strongly recommend), but that's about it.
"Why am I left-handed?"
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I've always been involved in several dead fandoms and DnP barely make the cut tbh so I haven't felt a need to replace them I guess. :shrug:

I do think I'm over YouTubers and online content creators though. Can't fucking stand the culture around any of it anymore, like I'm pretty sure I've muted just about every popular Twitch person's name Twitter because perfectly reasonable moots were suddenly acting insane.

Kpop is on thin ice as well. Was never into the extreme streaming and buying fandom culture, and now I'm bored of the music and aesthetics as well.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
laurenbacall
delia smith

if you're like me and danandphilgames was your safe, happy place, i'd recommend giving letsgameitout a try. people might have seen josh's planet coaster/zoo/hydroneer videos, but the channel started out being run by him and his friend anthony. the games that they played were almost always terrible, but their commentary/voice acting throughout is just hilarious. i don't miss dan and phil anymore because i actually prefer josh and anthony, which i know is ironic because they don't make videos together anymore either, but cut me some slack! i'd highly recommend taking a look at the channel's archives - some of their series are +20 videos long, so there's plenty to get stuck in with
glitterintheair
phillluminati

The only youtubers I watch regularly at this point are Rose and Rosie but such in a chill and relaxed way, like.. it’s not the same experience I had with dnp at all and I prefer this way; no drama, no discourse, nothing. They upload and I watch the videos, they post on social media and I press like and then I move on with my day and everyone is happy. Honestly, I highly recommend that. Also RnR provide everything I wanted from dnp: vlogs, podcast, gaming channel, funny lighthearted content. As for other fandoms that are not RPF, well.. I am into Good Omens and Killing Eve but for GO I gotta wait ‘till next year for the new season meanwhile KE starts with the final one next Sunday which scares me but also I am hyped because I can look forward to something, finally. The downside of it is that the KE fandom is.. a Lot, and I tend to stay a bit removed from it because I don’t have the energy to deal with that. Same thing with the GO fandom that reminds me a bit of the johnlock fandom I used to be part of (sigh) so again, I try to enjoy content without going in too deep for my own sanity, lol. I also got into Succession but I started watching it after the new season ended so I missed the live fandom experience. Great show though.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I dunno if it counts fully as a fandom per se, as there isn't fic etc, but for a lot of my online entertainment I've moved over onto Twitch; mainly the communities for PJ and Charlie, who stream regularly (PJ 4 or 5 times a week, Charlie 3). So it is dnp-adjacent, I suppose. ;) I enjoy the streams themselves a lot but have also really come to enjoy the communities - they're large enough to be fun but small enough so it doesn't get overwhelming and troll-y. (I've also discovered a number of other streamers through them that I really enjoy.) They both stream gaming quite a lot so there's that aspect of it, which despite what dnp said I did used to enjoy on the gaming channel along with the bants, and there are sometimes other types of streams like art, general chatting, Lego, etc. Their little group of streamer buds are friends so they do sometimes hop into each others' streams for games etc.

In addition to the streams, they're both very involved with their communities, which I really appreciate and miss a lot from dnp. Not so much on social media (twitter/insta etc), but they both have discords they post in. PJ's is patreon exclusive but his patreon is very good - once a week he does a patreon-exclusive stream, and periodically sends out gifts like postcards of his art or pins (if you have that tier). Also he posts behind-the-scenes info about his videos or other projects (he is currently doing a game design course, as is Charlie) to patrons sometimes too, and things like asking for video ideas (as he's currently returning to youtube after a hiatus).

I didn't think I'd enjoy twitch as much as I have been - I thought from the outside it was all teens yelling about how everything was poggers - but there are some lovely little communities on there.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I've really been delving back into some fandoms of old - I feel like the past year was a lot of me rediscovering things that brought me a lot of joy in the past. Most of them are not even remotely related to dnp - like the Scream franchise. (I mean, I appreciate that Phil loves it so much he made a childhood horror movie rip off of it, though.) For new content, I've also been very into the HBO so Succession.

I watch so many youtubers but absolutely none of them strike the same deep, passionate love in me that Dan and Phil do. In a way it's nice being less connected because it's more level entertainment but I am also addicted to the high of being in a fandom so during this weird active-but-not-really era for them I really do just keep trotting back to their content just to wring a little more feeling out of videos I've seen dozens of times over.

I've actually tried to watch some Twitch streamers - like PJ - because I do think those communities look so warm and friendly. I love everything about it... except watching people play video games. It definitely proves for me that I was into DAPG for the Dan and Phil of it, not the content itself.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Phil vid!!

I actually liked this video a lot. Wish he had slowed down, I feel like the video could have been twice as long if he just gave us a second to see the photos lol. But it was cute and didn't feel stale or forced. I laughed out loud a few times and just got a general mood boost.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

SURPRISE PHIL!!

LAshleigh wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:55 pm Phil vid!!

I actually liked this video a lot. Wish he had slowed down, I feel like the video could have been twice as long if he just gave us a second to see the photos lol. But it was cute and didn't feel stale or forced. I laughed out loud a few times and just got a general mood boost.
I definitely agree with this!! It was a really fun video and I did really enjoy it. The ending especially made me laugh. I got really good-mood vibes from it? Maybe just because he's playing around a little with the end part. But it felt like he genuinely was doing something he has fun doing on his own. I'll take his bitchy commentary over strangers' design choices any day.
hellboyhowell
tol bean
Pronouns: he/him

YALL i really liked this vid it was a lot of fun, it was the first time i laughed that hard at a phil video in a long while tbh. the energy was almost like early 2010s phil to me in a good way (also he should wear black turtlenecks more often <3 )

also re: pj and charlie streams, i used to watch both of their streams way more but unfortunately time zones and my personal hatred of constant twitch ads on vods made it so i barely tune in :( but in general i enjoy the communities theyve cultivated on there especially when compared to a lot of unsavory twitch chats out there.
literally_formless
butt chair

First of all, surprise Phil video has made me laugh and smile in the last 10 minutes more than I thought possible today, so thank you Phil.

Re: the other fandoms question, it isn't really a fandom, but I recommend following Stanzi on YT/TikTok (stanzipotenza), etc. I feel like there's a slight old-school Dan vibe to their skits.
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Very fun and unexpected video! The ending felt like old school Phil. Nice way to start off the week.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

100% loved the ending, felt very old school Phil.

Also if anyone wants to add their own opinions about the houses or do timestamps I spend too much time on realtor websites and would love to hear your thoughts 😅