Dan & Phil Part 102: crisis twinks

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Gotta hand it to him, I rewatched this Short a few times because there's indeed something very satisfying about that pen.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I'm kind of obsessed with that pen. I want to know how it works, and also I want one.

Bryony totally gave it to him, right? When they had dinner at that Japanese place? I'm just connecting these dots and assuming they're true.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:07 pm Bryony totally gave it to him, right? When they had dinner at that Japanese place? I'm just connecting these dots and assuming they're true.
Haha that was my theory as well, based solely on the fact that the Japanese place reminded me of dnp and the pen reminds me of Bryony
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:07 pm I'm kind of obsessed with that pen. I want to know how it works, and also I want one.

Bryony totally gave it to him, right? When they had dinner at that Japanese place? I'm just connecting these dots and assuming they're true.
I'll just drop this here https://www.crushmetric.com/
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Imagine someone telling us in 2017 that there'd be a point where Adrian has posted more videos than Dan in the past few years, and we all know far more what's going on in Cornelia's life day to day than we do Dan or Phil's.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

he lives
AmazingPhil wrote:HELLO SARAH!

(this message hopefully just freaked out a couple of Sarah's out there. Also hey everyone else)
(also I wrote this 3 days ago but it didn't post so hello from the past)

British weather update - Is anyone else feeling a bit more positive now spring is around the corner? I am usually a wintery dude but for some reason I'm hyped to get a bit of that sunny D on my skin.

Blossom update - Also if you didn't see on instagram, something I helped plant is now thriving! We got a cherry blossom for the garden which is giving me a 10% mood boost whenever I look at it. Interestingly it has been invaded by giant wood pigeons (kinda like the pidgeotto evolution of a standard pigeon) who I think are snacking on the cherries. (blurry photo as I didn't want to freak them out) Speaking of pigeons I forgot to tell you, we had an update from the lady who is renting the last place and she said she still feeds him and Scrag and says they are doing great. Wholesome!

Youtube update - I made a brand new weird kid video if you haven't seen yet! (around 2922 days since the last one) You can thank my parents for that one as whenever I see them they have a new story reminder about why I was such a weirdo. At this point I'm doubting I did anything relatively normal. It was fun to delve into my oldskool amazingphil roots! If your bored it's also hilarious to go back into the comments and read other people's weird kid stories as some of you were even weirder than me! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ftP_...

Movie update - I finally saw Spiderman 3! It was pretty impossible to avoid spoilers but some things (you know which things) were still a big surprise. I loved it! I haven't been fully back in the MCU loop since Endgame but this made me excited.

Anime update - I'm back on the Demon Slayer train now! (literally - the Mugen train specifically) as somehow I hadn't realised it's back! I'm also of course watching Attack on Titan which has me generally in a state of surprised Pikachu every week. It's been in my life for so long so it's crazy it'll be all over soon (unless they surprise us with a movie and it's a TO BE CONTINUED IN THE MOVIE situation).

Snack update - the strawberry cheesecake mochi from little moons are pretty godly.

Crunchy pen update (from my shorts) - I think I must have crunched it over a million times. I literally can't stop

That's enough from me

*crunches pen*
*crunches pen*
*crunches pen*
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Glad to hear Phil's pen is getting crunched.

Also, loving the upgraded pigeons! :straggy:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
kavat
pastel persona

Cherry blossoms and pigeons, he is literally living in the image of his puzzle :japhan: :straggy:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

kavat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:21 pm Cherry blossoms and pigeons, he is literally living in the image of his puzzle :japhan: :straggy:
omg he is

speaking of... I don't want to ruffle feathers but man it's been a few months since a merch drop. I wonder if he's got stuff in the works? I know he actually is posting videos more or less on a schedule but it feels like tumbleweeds. I genuinely would not mind if he had a motivation to be more active right now.
shan
morning quiff

This reminded me that he had said he was going to do another rainbow cacti video so I went back to find the community post and it was 3 months ago. I remember there being a bit of a gap between the post and the video for the first two groups so it's not all that surprising but, reading it back, that was also the post Phil said he'd start doing monthly videos reacting to community member comments in 2022. I'd forgotten all about that and by the looks of it Phil has too lol!
kavat
pastel persona

They are awfully quiet right now... Like suspiciously quiet. I hope it's indicating that they're doing something.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

ngl I'm a little worried Dan got scared off of Twitter completely after the Ukraine tweet. It's been a month since then and over two months since his last non-deleted tweet. He hasn't liked anything either. Yeah sure there was some fair criticism towards him sharing that link, but god so many 'stans' continue to interact with him in bad faith every fucking time. It's pretty much the same group of assholes that keep starting shit every time because they're bored teens, but jfc it gotta be exhausting to get shit that just assumes the worst of you (even as a joke) every time you open the damn bird app. We know he takes social media too seriously for his own good sometimes and this might have been the last drop. :shrug:

But maybe he really is just working on his big comeback? Not to sound mean but with Covid restrictions getting lifted more and more around the world, I hope he's not still/again planning a tour for a book that came out almost a year ago and nobody has talked about in months. I'm not sure that would end well at all.

Anyway, some Instastories from Phil. Guess we're getting some name reviewing shorts in the coming days?? Also more of the Satisfying Crunchy Pen.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:56 pm ngl I'm a little worried Dan got scared off of Twitter completely after the Ukraine tweet. It's been a month since then and over two months since his last non-deleted tweet. He hasn't liked anything either. Yeah sure there was some fair criticism towards him sharing that link, but god so many 'stans' continue to interact with him in bad faith every fucking time. It's pretty much the same group of assholes that keep starting shit every time because they're bored teens, but jfc it gotta be exhausting to get shit that just assumes the worst of you (even as a joke) every time you open the damn bird app. We know he takes social media too seriously for his own good sometimes and this might have been the last drop. :shrug:
I feel like that's very likely, tbh. People are used to being able to pile on Dan and Phil to get their hit of feeling sanctimonious and self-righteous and Dan and Phil just take it and continue on like normal, but Dan's relationship with social media is too tenuous now and I really feel like he's gonna have the mindset that if it makes him feel bad or people on there seem to just have malicious intent toward him he's gonna drop it totally. I'm guessing we won't see him until there's something to promote and I kinda don't blame him at this point? My hope is just that one of the projects comes through soon.

It seems promising that they're splitting the stores again. As much as I want them to stay together for shipping purposes, I just want new stuff from them.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Happy sixth birthday, IDB! :birthday:
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:19 pm Happy sixth birthday, IDB! :birthday:
I found IDB just a few months after its creation. Thanks for birthing it! Such a bastion of lore and great people!
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Happy 6th birthday to IDB! Even while kinda on life support, you're still one of my favorite places on the internet <3 :hbd:

Phil got us a gift in the form of a Short. Not exactly the name rating like I predicted, but a more wholesome variant.

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Catallena wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:04 pm Happy 6th birthday to IDB! Even while kinda on life support, you're still one of my favorite places on the internet <3 :hbd:

Phil got us a gift in the form of a Short. Not exactly the name rating like I predicted, but a more wholesome variant.

Ooh, Linguist Phil, and his love of the name Jack (he once said that that's what he'd name a boy).

And, Happy Birthday, IDB! Can't believe it's been six years since I spent half my internet time on this forum. :rainbowtears: :happybirthday:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil continues to eat his way through Europe in today's Shorts!

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona

Replying over a year later, what a power move
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil is a busy little bee today!

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Wow, Phil really has been busy.

I'm again glad he's doing food tasting as a short and not as a full video, but it does just make me thirst for a full length video even more.

He's cute tho. <3
kavat
pastel persona

I love him in that classic red plaid, it's great to see him wear it again!
shan
morning quiff

Ok seriously, have they gone on a European holiday and kept it super on the dl? Or has he just found a store that stocks lots of international snacks? Either way, always happy to spend a few minutes watching Phil review snacks!
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

I really like the name shorts, I hope he keeps them coming!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

We get to see their dumb smiley faces twice within a month?? I feel spoiled. Dan's hair looks flat, seems like someone hasn't been sticking to the curly girl method.

Looks like they went to this Conservatory btw! :cactus:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr