Dan & Phil Part 102: crisis twinks

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Phil has officially gone a month without tweeting, but he did like some tweets of people's pets yesterday so that's cool I guess?
laurenbacall
delia smith

will the sequel be phil making more cursed tiktok-inspired easter-themed creations? or was that video from the year before? there really is no time anymore
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I don't think they've ever been this quiet. If it weren't for that member post, we'd be completely in the dark, but only a very small percentage of fans read those (or even know they exist), which isn't great. Communication, forever their weakest point.

Wondering if Dan is still working on his YouTube comeback, if he is I bet we won't see anything before June. I have the ominous feeling that he's back to whatever he was planning around the book release, but like... it's been a year and the hype fizzled out quick. No one really cares anymore.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

is today the day?

will we be put our of our misery?

you're totally right that i don't think they've ever been this quiet. we also just have nothing to look forward to - no impending projects like we had last year with dan's book and june video. there's just... nothing. it's genuinely unsettling to me.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

He has delivered :stan:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That was a really fun video - but not so good that it's gonna sustain me through another six weeks so I really hope he's feeling better and can make videos regularly! Of course, if he's not, if his health is really that bad, I'm not mad at him for it. It's just really sad to feel the apathy that creeps in when they just don't do anything for so long.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Phil was talking sooooo fast! I mean, I kept having to go back just to try and understand what he said. I’m so glad Phil found Dan who also doesn’t like most beer and enjoys fun cocktails enough that they both designed their own and that they own a cocktail shaker.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
Grey
lady door

That was a fun video! I was so surprised when I saw it in my subscription box because I haven’t been keeping up with D&P recently. I didn’t even think about them on April fools which I normally do. Weird. :lol:

He did talk really fast in the video though! The video went by really fast for me, didn’t feel like 10 mins. Maybe that’s a testament to Phil’s engaging story telling ability. Or maybe I just missed him!
I'm having a stress.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I liked this one better than the previous installment of Phil-Clicks-Around-On-Google-Maps so that's good. I was kinda afraid I wouldn't like it after a drought like this, but there was no need to wonder.

Not a lot of new info about his uni days, but the story about the date with the beer aficionado was funny. Phil is equally passionate about his cocktails, good thing he found a guy who will happily let him live his brightly colored sugar intoxicated dreams.

But I (selfishly) wish he'd tell us more about his life now rather than what happened over 10 years ago, but we only get the most minimal updates in those member newsletters. :(
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
shan
morning quiff

I rewatched the Rossendale version recently and was super keen for a York one so I was really happy when I saw this in my notifications this morning! I really enjoyed it but yeah, he easily could have slowed down and dragged it out a bit more. I wouldn't have said no to a few more stories as well but overall I liked it and it was good to see his face again.

I'd love it if he follows through with the Manchester version as well. The dream would be him and Danny boy scrolling through google maps together getting all nostalgic but, realistically, I'd be more than happy just listening to Phil's stories too.
000dia000
emo goose

It's become really cool hearing Phil's casual gay anecdotes in videos. However, I can't help but think - why does he tell so many awkward gay encounters? Why doesn't he tell the successful stories? C'mon, Phillie! Show off your dating conquests! Even just tell us about a time you met some cool gay people and clicked with them over similar interests! :please:

Also, normally Phil diverting the video to show random stuff can lowkey annoy me but I've been thinking about making a day trips and York is on my list, it seems nice?
:cactus:
Levitating
#relatable

I like this one a lot!

I wished he had mentioned York University in the title because this is the time most high school students are being accepted/rejected by universities here in the UK, and I'd would have loved to have such an insightful video for MY university!
literally_formless
butt chair

I liked this video! And I made me smile while stuck for an extra 3 hours at an airport yesterday (grr missed flight connection). It felt like Phil was really getting some momentum going, so the ending felt pretty abrupt. I wonder if he's working up to sharing more about his early adult life? It's so interesting to hear him talk about being a college guy who really wanted to date amid a hookup culture, someone trying out his MySpace and YouTube personas and having fans while still feeling pretty uncool and isolated ....I feel like I'd want to read his memoir slightly even more than Dan's at this point!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

THAT'S HIS RETURN? He doesn't tweet for a month and then comes back with a QRT on last year's obligatory uninteresting Easter tweet? No replies either?

Ouch.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Are holiday tweets ever more than a few emojis or something extremely generic? Not mad about it and really only care about tweets these days if they measure up to the iconic Russel Sprouts thread.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

That youtube video? (Not my fave tbh. It was pretty clearly made specifically for spon purposes.) And today's tweet? (For whatever reason, it feels like something Dan would type. But then. They're the same person, so that's neither here nor there.) IDK. Truly, I get the sense things are not going well for Phil in terms of his health right now.

A few years ago, I had a random 2-day spell of vertigo that landed me in the hospital (and hasn't returned since?), but even that is something I wish on absolutely no one. You can't look at a screen. You can't walk. You can't really do much of anything and even lying down is nauseating. So if he's battling that on a regular basis? Sure, it might be "nothing serious", but it's also REAL hard to live with and I give him all the leeway in the world to not post or exist online.

No excuse for Dan, but I'm sure he's also stressed out taking care of Phil, let alone working on anything he might be working on.

I'm a little sad at the void the last few months has left in my heart. I really, /really/ miss "Dan and Phil", but... like I get it. It wasn't gonna be forever. And they're also humans.

I hope Phil's health improves and that new doctor helps. And then maybe he can make a little viddy about the experience, but for now, I'm just happy to see him say hi here and there, I guess.
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

I liked the dig at editing tips in the sponsor part :lol:
laurenbacall
delia smith

i've had to watch phil's last few videos on 0.75 speed because he's been talking much faster than usual and i've been struggling to catch what he's saying
starsandshards
living flop

I enjoyed the video! He seems very Northern lately, is that just me? Maybe looking around York on Google Maps made him feel like he was actually there and he reverted his accent somewhat, I dunno :lol:

It was a cute video, and I echo some of the sentiments on here - would love to have a part 2, just for the hell of it, it seemed like there were far more many Uni stories he could tell. I would love to hear of some successful dates, too, or maybe not even dates, just... connecting with people, yes! Or if that didn't happen so much, maybe some insight into why, maybe he was focusing more on YT and furthering the AmazingPhil thing, who knows...?

It's so strange that Phil reveals so much and yet so little about himself/his life. I enjoy the flow of his videos and he's a great storyteller, I genuinely have a good few LOL moments every time I watch something of his, but then when it's over I feel a bit like... was that anything or just fluff? I dunno, wording it poorly perhaps.

I hope he gets relief from his vertigo/dizziness thing really soon - I also experience it as a symptom of my other conditions and it ain't pretty. I take anti-nausea tablets for it and I'm meant to do inner ear adjusting exercises (I forget the actual term soz) but they make me so ill I can't do them for very long. So yeah, it isn't any wonder he's been quiet/not up to much. It's awful awful awful. Poor Philly.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

There's a fun meme going around tumblr about video ideas for Phil/Dan and Phil... I put a few there but what kind of video ideas would you guys give Phil right now?
kavat
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:23 pm There's a fun meme going around tumblr about video ideas for Phil/Dan and Phil... I put a few there but what kind of video ideas would you guys give Phil right now?
I want to see Phil finally get his diving lesson from Tom Daley. Bonus points for speedos.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

In his latest short Phil mentions Dan getting in trouble for having light up shoes at an airport...is that a story we know?
kavat
pastel persona

LAshleigh wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:24 pm In his latest short Phil mentions Dan getting in trouble for having light up shoes at an airport...is that a story we know?
I don't think so, I can't remember hearing it at least. Sounds very on brand for him though so I'm not even a little surprised!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

The shoes-in-airport story rings a bell, but I couldn't find a reference to it. However, there is a lot of forum discussion of the shoes in June 2016, when the shoes show up on Dan's feet during TATINOF, shortly after his birthday:

go here for a trip down memory lane (starting about halfway down the page)

And here's a picture:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

(The struggle to get youtube to give me actual full video urls and not just shorts urls is growing.)