Dan & Phil Part 102: crisis twinks

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
dontpanic
#relatable

nicky1388 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:02 pm
tinaoe wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:28 am so there’s a lot of „mcr is back, phan was real, dan is going on tour, my 2015 emo self would implode“ tiktoks going around currently and there are some hottakes and discussions re: d&p going on in the comments. my personal favourite is people claiming very confidently that Dan actually has a boyfriend called jon based on the book acknowledgements and others desperately trying to explain that that part of the acknowledgements was written by the consultant for the book, not dan
This is wonderful. I want to know more about boyfriend Jon. Lol. How does Jon feel about his boyfriend living with another attractive gay men for over 10 years now and they've bought property together? Loll.

Well we already know about Phil's secret wife (what was her name? Janet?) so it makes sense Dan's got a hot boytoy too. I wonder if Jon and Janet get along.
misuve
first-time poster

hello! i've been lurking on this forum for so long i thought i should finally make an account. i was really into dnp when i was in middle school and then sort of drifted off till quarantine/crazy accurate youtube recommendations dragged me back in (during which i had a v intense ao3 phase where i swear i read like 200 fics in one summer :lol: ). and now here i am after watching dan's video! i have to give credit to dan, i forgot what a great storyteller and writer he is. it took me around ~3 days to fully watch the video (bc finals) but the last half of it where he talked about how all his creativity and hard work went down the drain was so powerful i literally gasped out loud in the quiet section of my college library. his honesty and humor just reminded me how much i loved watching dan's content. in a hazy all nighter i very impulsively decided to sign up for pre-sale and ended up buying tickets! i'm so excited to go especially since i wasn't very vocal or involved in the dnp community earlier as a preteen who was shy about her interests. the idea that i can finally talk ?? to real people ?? about dnp is bizarre haha. i'm glad to meet u all!
casualsun
delia smith

Does anyone know the price of tickets for Dan’s tour? I missed the presale and when I checked on Friday, it was all about £60? Seems quite steep.
starsandshards
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

dontpanic wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:11 pm
nicky1388 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:02 pm
tinaoe wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:28 am so there’s a lot of „mcr is back, phan was real, dan is going on tour, my 2015 emo self would implode“ tiktoks going around currently and there are some hottakes and discussions re: d&p going on in the comments. my personal favourite is people claiming very confidently that Dan actually has a boyfriend called jon based on the book acknowledgements and others desperately trying to explain that that part of the acknowledgements was written by the consultant for the book, not dan
This is wonderful. I want to know more about boyfriend Jon. Lol. How does Jon feel about his boyfriend living with another attractive gay men for over 10 years now and they've bought property together? Loll.

Well we already know about Phil's secret wife (what was her name? Janet?) so it makes sense Dan's got a hot boytoy too. I wonder if Jon and Janet get along.
JANICE :lol: :lol: :lol:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

misuve wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:41 am hello! i've been lurking on this forum for so long i thought i should finally make an account. i was really into dnp when i was in middle school and then sort of drifted off till quarantine/crazy accurate youtube recommendations dragged me back in (during which i had a v intense ao3 phase where i swear i read like 200 fics in one summer :lol: ). and now here i am after watching dan's video! i have to give credit to dan, i forgot what a great storyteller and writer he is. it took me around ~3 days to fully watch the video (bc finals) but the last half of it where he talked about how all his creativity and hard work went down the drain was so powerful i literally gasped out loud in the quiet section of my college library. his honesty and humor just reminded me how much i loved watching dan's content. in a hazy all nighter i very impulsively decided to sign up for pre-sale and ended up buying tickets! i'm so excited to go especially since i wasn't very vocal or involved in the dnp community earlier as a preteen who was shy about her interests. the idea that i can finally talk ?? to real people ?? about dnp is bizarre haha. i'm glad to meet u all!
Welcome to the forum! :welcome:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

casualsun wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:33 am Does anyone know the price of tickets for Dan’s tour? I missed the presale and when I checked on Friday, it was all about £60? Seems quite steep.
I bought the cheapest ticket at my venue, which was $35 USD, and after taxes and fees it came out to $50 USD. That seems pretty standard to me for this particular venue, and I suppose it is my assumption that it’s the venues that control pricing but maybe I’ll wrong about that.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

misuve wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:41 am hello! i've been lurking on this forum for so long i thought i should finally make an account. i was really into dnp when i was in middle school and then sort of drifted off till quarantine/crazy accurate youtube recommendations dragged me back in (during which i had a v intense ao3 phase where i swear i read like 200 fics in one summer :lol: ). and now here i am after watching dan's video! i have to give credit to dan, i forgot what a great storyteller and writer he is. it took me around ~3 days to fully watch the video (bc finals) but the last half of it where he talked about how all his creativity and hard work went down the drain was so powerful i literally gasped out loud in the quiet section of my college library. his honesty and humor just reminded me how much i loved watching dan's content. in a hazy all nighter i very impulsively decided to sign up for pre-sale and ended up buying tickets! i'm so excited to go especially since i wasn't very vocal or involved in the dnp community earlier as a preteen who was shy about her interests. the idea that i can finally talk ?? to real people ?? about dnp is bizarre haha. i'm glad to meet u all!
Welcome!! I really love how many people that haven't watched them in ages are excited about this tour just because of Dan's storytelling ability. He really is good tbh and this might be blasphemy but I think in terms of actual content entertainment value (removing the phan of it all) I'm probably more excited about this than I was II, definitely than TATINOF.
nicky1388
spork

casualsun wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:33 am Does anyone know the price of tickets for Dan’s tour? I missed the presale and when I checked on Friday, it was all about £60? Seems quite steep.

I paid $200 for a gold VIP in the US and it didn't feel too extravagant in my opinion. He has the name and history behind him. If he were newer to the scene overall it might be different. However, even though it is his first solo show, he's got 10+ years of a fandom behind him with multiple books and 2 world tours. I think that's why things were pricier.

Secondly, the average price I have seen for a comedy show in the US starts at about $40 USD.
phancon
delia smith

the ones i looked at started at £32, which i thought was pretty decent. though i checked another venue and it was £50 so maybe it depends on where you go/what's left.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Hmm so either he's confusing his delayed tweets or he wasn't actually leaving when Freja called him Tony?
tinaoe
crusty sponge

alittledizzy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:53 pm Hmm so either he's confusing his delayed tweets or he wasn't actually leaving when Freja called him Tony?
I guess maybe he just meant leaving in a more specific context I.e at night or something lol
troyiesivanie
tol bean
Pronouns: She/her

Hello! Very long time lurker!
Wanted to chime in - there was a comment a while back talking about how lovely Hank Green is - can confirm I met him at vidcon and I won a full access pass in a creator contest and in the green room he approached me (I died) to congratulate me, you know you've made it when Hank approaches you right! But yeah he is honestly one of the nicest people I've ever met and I've met a lot of youtubers

Also wanted to say for those tracking how well tickets are selling - the Meet and Greet for my show in Australia sold out in like 60 seconds, we really struggled to get 2 m&g tickets
And Dan and Phil haven't been in Perth since TATINOF!
The 2nd section of seats is already sold out as well! I'm very proud

I defiantly jumped at the chance to see him again, in my head he fills like an older brother role, I want to be really supportive of anything that he does!
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Someone please explain me what/where Dan is riding on this insta story?

(also I somehow can't put my account online status as hidden lmao)

:daddy:
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

where he goin? 👀
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I've missed his 'view from a train window' posts.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lmaoo Dan made a community post that says "wait is the skeleton phil? that's fucked up"

I mean you're the one that chose to gaze lovingly at it, Dan. We just draw the natural conclusion based on where we've seen that specific expression previously.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Anonymousse wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:15 pm

You can find this setting under "Board preferences" on the User Control Panel (instructions from the FAQ here). :tu:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
flarequake
not an airport stalker

He’s on a train going past water so hovering over the channel or just past a river with a really low railing on the bridge so it’s hidden below the train window. Hmm.
Tornbetweenfandoms
glabella

Anonymousse wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:15 pm Someone please explain me what/where Dan is riding on this insta story?

:daddy:
It's somewhere in the UK as there's UK plug sockets, so that rules out Florida!
sadgayclown.tumblr.com :lesbianheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay I think phandom sleuths that are far more detail oriented than me realized Ryann and Sarah from IRL went to MCR last night so... good chances that Dan was with them!
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

lefthandedism wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:13 pm
Anonymousse wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:15 pm

You can find this setting under "Board preferences" on the User Control Panel (instructions from the FAQ here). :tu:
Thank you! As it turns out I did everything right but I didn't read the FAQ where it states, that I can see myself online :sherlock: .
flarequake wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:28 pm He’s on a train going past water so hovering over the channel or just past a river with a really low railing on the bridge so it’s hidden below the train window. Hmm.
Oh that makes a lot of sense actually!
Tornbetweenfandoms wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:29 pm
It's somewhere in the UK as there's UK plug sockets, so that rules out Florida!
Wow, I'm so rusty at this detective thing!! Maybe this is a distraction from Phil, lol.
But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

alittledizzy wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:48 pm Okay I think phandom sleuths that are far more detail oriented than me realized Ryann and Sarah from IRL went to MCR last night so... good chances that Dan was with them!
lol yep someone noticed the hair scrunchie visible in Dan's glasses reflection matched the one on the wrist of Ryann. I hope they had a great time!
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

Someone listen to this and tell us what they say!
kavat
pastel persona

It makes me really happy that he got to go to that concert, and with other MCR friends as well! He keeps moaning about not having friends and not leaving the house, so it's great that he went with them.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan rudely posted this while I was eating dinner but here it is anyway.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr