Dan & Phil Part 102: crisis twinks

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I love his bloody obvious incognito look. I hope it worked.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

He confirmed MCR in a story... ah, Dan leaving breadcrumbs for us through social media just to keep us wondering for a few hours... nature is healing.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I was watching part of the mcr concert through insta live yesterday, and while it was waiting to start I saw quite a few joke comments like 'and now dan and phil come on stage with a pride flag' (referencing the old memes), and now I'm v amused that dan happened to be actually there lol. Hope he had a good time!
casualsun
delia smith

I wonder why Dan went to this MCR show and not the theee in Milton Keynes, which is much closer? Too likely to get recognized there?
greenergrass
stress mushroom

casualsun wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:54 pm I wonder why Dan went to this MCR show and not the theee in Milton Keynes, which is much closer? Too likely to get recognized there?
possibly because it was their first show back (since the one reunion show in 2019)? but could be many reasons, just one thought
kavat
pastel persona

Megancita75 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:16 pm Someone listen to this and tell us what they say!
I just finished this and I think it's a great conversation. I often listen to their podcast because I think Cristine and Ben are smart and thoughtful people who are great at nuance, and that shines through here as well.

They talk mostly about their (or mainly Cristine's) perspective and experience with youtube as a platform and having it as a job, which will inevitable be different from Dan's as they are different people. For example, Ben and Cristine had regular full time jobs alongside youtube until very recently, so they never had to rely on youtube and the channel to pay the bills. They also have a longer professional career in something completely else not connected to personality (government statistics), meaning that they have different perspective on things like workplace politics.

They mainly use Dan's video as a jumping off point into talking about different topics (the video has chapters for every main topic), and while they don't agree with Dan on everything, I think they are very thoughtful and nuanced in their discussions. Ben made a comment about how it's basically just dan talking about himself for 90 minutes, but he also admits to not being the main audience for this video, which is his fans who have been wondering where he's been for the past few years.

There's also a cheeky Marianne cameo at the start which delighted me!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

kavat wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:30 pm They mainly use Dan's video as a jumping off point into talking about different topics (the video has chapters for every main topic), and while they don't agree with Dan on everything, I think they are very thoughtful and nuanced in their discussions. Ben made a comment about how it's basically just dan talking about himself for 90 minutes, but he also admits to not being the main audience for this video, which is his fans who have been wondering where he's been for the past few years.

Yeah I appreciate Cristine a lot but Ben didn't impress me here at all. He seemed dismissive and a bit argumentative about Dan and Dan's experience, while admitting he's not seen any of Dan's videos.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan going to see MCR is extra funny because both their comebacks happening in the same month has made this old Tumblr post pop up a lot again and it has become a bit of a meme (again i guess). I just saw it used twice as "and then the whole bus clapped" kinda thing on posts that are obviously fake.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
shan
morning quiff

alittledizzy wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:47 pm
kavat wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:30 pm They mainly use Dan's video as a jumping off point into talking about different topics (the video has chapters for every main topic), and while they don't agree with Dan on everything, I think they are very thoughtful and nuanced in their discussions. Ben made a comment about how it's basically just dan talking about himself for 90 minutes, but he also admits to not being the main audience for this video, which is his fans who have been wondering where he's been for the past few years.

Yeah I appreciate Cristine a lot but Ben didn't impress me here at all. He seemed dismissive and a bit argumentative about Dan and Dan's experience, while admitting he's not seen any of Dan's videos.
I struggle with Ben, to the point where I now avoid their more serious episodes. I've found in the past they can make some pretty tactless comments about youtubers in relation to work ethic and education so I'm not entirely surprised there's some dismissiveness of Dan's situation tbh. Especially if it's coming from the POV of not watching his videos and not being aware of all the other forms of content he's been involved in over the years (dapg, sap, the radio show, tours, books etc.) since Dan only really focused on his solo content in the video.
Morganaa
drama llama

shan wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:43 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:47 pm

I struggle with Ben, to the point where I now avoid their more serious episodes. I've found in the past they can make some pretty tactless comments about youtubers in relation to work ethic and education so I'm not entirely surprised there's some dismissiveness of Dan's situation tbh. Especially if it's coming from the POV of not watching his videos and not being aware of all the other forms of content he's been involved in over the years (dapg, sap, the radio show, tours, books etc.) since Dan only really focused on his solo content in the video.
I also pretty much see his "tactless" and "dismissive" point of view(although I have not watched the whole video, I feel like it's either a little exaggerated or he's made these comments later on...)
but if he was tactless and dismissive, well, I totally understand why - mainly because I feel like it myself. I said that before, but imma repeat - I don't feel sorry for him at all. and that's because we don't really know how it all went out like. everybody will victimize themselves, while it's very unlikely the whole guilt lays just at one side. what one person says, in cases like this is pretty much.... I'm sorry, useless, especially when that person constantly needs to remind EVERYONE they were strugglin with mental health and also has to keep repeating EVERY. SNGLE. TIME. that they're gay, makin it some sort of huge accomplishment (while aso sayin that was a major source of these problem - to the point I feel like he's just searchin for attention and hundreds of post strokin his ego so he can feel better... sometimes I think some gays think they're better than everyone else coz they're gay, like it really mattered that much). after his sad story he anounces' tour with prices as if he indeed was some A-list celebrity and even came back to postin to get people to buy tickets to see him tryin to be a comedian(I personally find it very weird that people think he's funny... I don't think he's a standup comedian material at all, but berhaps I just don't understand British millennial humor)... and to me this is a obvious try at money grab, after 4 years of radio silence and I heavily think that after the tour everything will be back to normal... meanin a Twitter post once a month.
yes, I'm very pessimistic, and I can't help it. I think this is a very shitty move(not their first one) and only time may slightly change my mind.
I stopped postin because my views are too different for a forum full of hardcore fans, but I don't see why can't somebody be dissmisive for once in a reaction video, and not think he deserves standin ovation, like everyone else does.
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Morganaa wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:52 am [...]when that person constantly needs to remind EVERYONE they were strugglin with mental health and also has to keep repeating EVERY. SNGLE. TIME. that they're gay, makin it some sort of huge accomplishment (while aso sayin that was a major source of these problem - to the point I feel like he's just searchin for attention and hundreds of post strokin his ego so he can feel better... sometimes I think some gays think they're better than everyone else coz they're gay, like it really mattered that much).
The idea that people discuss their struggles with mental health because they're looking for attention is a dangerous stigma. A lot of people don't reach out for the help they need because of it. Dan including it in his video was him being authentic to what he experienced during these last 2+ years.

Dan being able to say he's gay *is* a huge accomplishment. You mentioned you're straight in a previous post, and while of course you're entitled to your opinions, the way you're phrasing some stuff here ("some gays...") is making me feel a bit uncomfortable.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Morganaa wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:52 am like it really mattered that much
Under spoiler for personal experiences of homophobia
I mean, six months ago my (ex)best friend tried to stage an actual protest at my wedding just because I'm gay. Two months ago my other best friend came out to her mom, and we hid in her apartment while her dad made sure all his weapons were locked up and told us to lock the door and even call the police if her mom showed up. So I mean, it does matter that much. Dan experienced traumatic bullying growing up over his (perceived and actual) sexuality. The fact that he feels safe to be open about it now is awesome and a great sign of healing and self-acceptance.
Morganaa
drama llama

well, like I said,I have A LOT of experience with mental health issues, possibly a lot more than most people had(note the word POSSIBLY - I'm not tryin to say anyone else's problems don't matter or that they dont know nothin , because they might not had been through what I have. the opposite, actually - I've been always told my problems don't matter, that I am not shit, etc. - which might'd made me the way I am now - bitter, with controversial opinions, not really knowin what to say, and when I finally do, it's usually not what the masses think, to the point of bein considered troll. you got no idea how it affects me when I read somethin like that and how many times I've cried over over not havin the guts to kill myself, because it's unfair that good and worthy people die, while someone like me still walks the earth. now that may sound as if I'm lookin for attention instead, and while it's true, that's not why I'm telling you this again- you said talkin about mental struggles is bein authentic, so I'm tryin to say something authentic myself - the difference is that in my case nobody cares at all, which lm sayin again, it's all fine because nobody has to), but - I'm straight,so i may not know about a struggles of self and internaI homophobia, maybe to the point of bein completely ignorant about it - since I have never struggled with it myself, I may be that way, guilty as charged, so please tell me what's wrong with sayin "some gays". I'm askin' seriously, because I seriously don't know. I've never though bein gay is a big deal, even though I do know that homophobia still exists - obviously not like it used to, say 30 or 20 years ago, but it still does unfortunately. but sometimes I gotta say, I have a feelin that political correctness is bein too agressive and people are too sensitive - that's exactly why I'm askin' why would "some gays" upset somebody. nobody would be uncomfortable if I said "some straight people”(or some straights), "some white people", "some Americans" etc. so I don't know what that's about.
what I tried to say is that gay people are sometimes really cringy in their "proudness", having to remind everybody around that they're gay every five minutes, puttin rainbows everywhere in a half mile radius or by heavily makin out in the middle on the street(which in my opinion is gross and in a VERY bad taste - no matter if it's done by a gay or straight couple). I'm really happy if somebody came over their fear of homophobic slurs or internat problems or whatever else and accept who they are, but to me accepting who you are does not come with the need of bein so invasive, protruding and straight up obnoxious about it. I'm really sorry if I'm sayin somethin to upset somebody(which I obviously do, seein as your post has been upped 5 times), but in my ignorant opinion I don't see I said something wrong about gay people. I am insensitive in internet discussions, because that's just the way I am, I'm also the one nobody ever agrees with in the kind of topics discussed on forums like this and I'm totally used to that, but I'd never even dreamed that by sayin "some gays" I'm gonna make this many people "uncomfortable", that's utterly new to me, I can't wait to find out why.
also, YES, I do think that discussin your mental health issues for a 108373 time IS a call for attention and previously mentioned "ego stroking”, because of my personal experiences. if that's a "stigma” to you, so be it
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

:rainbowsparkle: it's story time :rainbowsparkle:
What's he doing?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

What I really hope he's doing is bonding with Sarah and Ryann because they'll be on tour with him, and if Phil isn't there he's gonna need some tour besties to chill with.

Don't get me wrong, I want Phil to be with him for at least some of the shows because we need proud Phil snapped from three dozen different angles by people in the audience/spotting him going backstage. And I know Dan can survive in isolation pretty well! But this tour will be such a good opportunity for him to find some individualism and really strengthen bonds without having his human shaped security blanket by his side to relax into and hide behind. (Flashback to Dan staring at his phone just blindly following Phil across a room full of people while Phil does the small talk.)
phancon
delia smith

yeah, it looks like he might've taken a little vaccation of his own while in cornwall after seeing mcr. it's pretty nice down there, i don't blame him.
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Love that Phil is posting Mickey Mouse shaped clouds and Dan's posting pics of Baphomet. :lol: I hope we see that "your mum" joke in What Dan and Phil Text Each Other #3 because you know Dan sent that to Phil.
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

Morganaa wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:28 pm I'm straight,so i may not know about a struggles of self and internaI homophobia, maybe to the point of bein completely ignorant about it - since I have never struggled with it myself, I may be that way, guilty as charged, so please tell me what's wrong with sayin "some gays". I'm askin' seriously, because I seriously don't know.
Sure. "Gay" isn't a noun and it is distancing and Othering (capital O on purpose) and, imo, vaguely dehumanising to use it as such. It also suggests that the group is homogenous in their acting and thinking which is homophobic thinking.
Morganaa wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:28 pm nobody would be uncomfortable if I said "some straight people”(or some straights), "some white people", "some Americans" etc. so I don't know what that's about.
You pretty much said it yourself. Here's the caveats: First, I have only ever seen queer people use "the straights" and we use it as a cheeky response or countermeasure to straight people calling us "the gays." Second, "American" can be/is a noun. For white people and, partially, for straight people you automatically added "people" so please do that with gay/queer people too.

I'm gonna be honest, this might be not be something you will understand because we can't always understand experiences that are very far from our own but we don't always need to deeply understand something to react with kindness when we're being told our actions make people uncomfortable (no quotation marks.)
Morganaa wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:28 pm I've never though bein gay is a big deal, even though I do know that homophobia still exists - obviously not like it used to, say 30 or 20 years ago, but it still does unfortunately.
By your own admission you don't know much/anything about the struggles queer people face so I would maybe reign in such sweeping statements about how things are "obviously" better than they were 20-30 years ago.
Morganaa wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:28 pm I'm really happy if somebody came over their fear of homophobic slurs or internat problems or whatever else
Since this is specifically in the context of Dan coming out, I feel the need to point out (again) that this is not, and I cannot overstate this, about overcoming "fear of homophobic slurs." This is about "overcoming" deepseated trauma from years of physical violence to the point of fearing for his life that started even before he understood himself that he's gay. (From personal experience, experiencing social exclusion based on homophobia before you even understand that about yourself is a pretty intense and upsetting experience.) Dan's internal homophobia comes directly from very pervasive messages from his surroundings that he is wrong and bad and distugusting. It's not just something he did to himself. Perhaps being queer in any shape or form shouldn't be a big deal but it is, because of how cis and straight people respond to us.
Morganaa wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:28 pm what I tried to say is that gay people are sometimes really cringy in their "proudness", having to remind everybody around that they're gay every five minutes, puttin rainbows everywhere in a half mile radius or by heavily makin out in the middle on the street(which in my opinion is gross and in a VERY bad taste - no matter if it's done by a gay or straight couple).
Morganaa wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:28 pm and accept who they are, but to me accepting who you are does not come with the need of bein so invasive, protruding and straight up obnoxious about it.
I invite you to start taking notice of just how pervasive cis- and straight-ness is in the public and private environment. It might take some getting used to because it won't stand out so saliently as queer people do to you. People don't throw around the specific words "Because I'm straight haha" but oh it is there, it is there between the lines, on the lines, across the lines.
Also, you wouldn't know this, but part of the reason we advertise ourselves is so we can find each other and to reach out to kids like Daniel and let them know they aren't alone, show them where they can find us and find support. And part of the reason is to normalise it, to help combat the queerphobia that comes from lack of exposure - and to try to make our existence be a regular part of everyone's surroundings - rather than "invasive, protruding and straight up onboxious."
The attiudes that you have expressed here is exactly the reason that being openly gay/queer is kind of a very big deal. You must understand that people react with violence to our bodies and minds when they see our flags, signifiers or us holding hands or kissing in public and the attitudes you've show here is obviously not the same as physical violence but they very much come from the same place.
(And if you truly feel equally bothered by straight people making out in public as you do with queer people, there really is no need to single that out in a conversation about how queer people's presence is too much. Because if that was truly the case, it would have nothing to do with the conversation at hand and rather belong in a conversation about pda generally or the saliance of sex in the public sphere.)
Morganaa wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:28 pm I'm really sorry if I'm sayin somethin to upset somebody(which I obviously do, seein as your post has been upped 5 times), but in my ignorant opinion I don't see I said something wrong about gay people. I am insensitive in internet discussions, because that's just the way I am, I'm also the one nobody ever agrees with in the kind of topics discussed on forums like this and I'm totally used to that, but I'd never even dreamed that by sayin "some gays" I'm gonna make this many people "uncomfortable", that's utterly new to me, I can't wait to find out why.
I'm going to latch on to how you said you're "really sorry", the acknowledgment of yours being "ignorant" on the topic and that you "can't wait to figure out why" and hope that you will genuinely take this as a chance to learn & reflect.
And I want to point out again that we don't always need to "understand" (by which maybe you mean "feel empathy for"?) other people's situation in order to receive & process negative social feedback and respond with kindness and consideration. Maybe my post won't help you understand why your words make people uncomfortable (no. quotation marks.) but if you really do feel sorry about it then shouldn't it be enough to know that it does?
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I’m often surprised by how much other people go through in life, mental health or otherwise eg other areas of health or terrible parents. I’ve had mental health struggles enough, heck mine turn out to be autism and adhd rather than the anxiety and depression the doctors told me for 20 years. I very much empathise with Dan and always have, his weary sarcastic takes on the world always drew me to him. His description of depression was one experience that made me question my own diagnosis. At first I realised I hadn’t had clinical depression, and I hadn’t ever been told that, it had been called mild by my GP. Once I knew I’m neurodivergent and those have done more than the mental health, that comparison was useful. Granted, I could have read about depression elsewhere, and I did, but I’ll always watch Dan so his contributions are more obvious and accessible to me.

I had an argument in a discord server a while ago where was I accused of seeking attention cos I’d posted about feeling out of the place in the server, and didn’t message a mod, cos it didn’t occur to me that was in their remit. I’d seen plenty of young people on twitter and discord talking about their ignorant uncaring parents dismissing various health needs as attention seeking. I just, I hate the notion. Or maybe I just hate the idea that it’s bad and a dismissal to trot out when people don’t know or care to listen and understand.

I also don’t think there’s anything wrong with needing attention and trying to get it. Kids misbehave and we’re told to ignore, don’t give them attention. Granted, you don’t want to reward bad behaviour, but I’ve recently discovered ‘behaviourism’ as a thing that we’ve been raised with - it’s been brought up by people working in whatever the relevant fields are, child development I guess cos the point they made was we need to teach kids about their emotions and not just be changing outward behaviour. That’s a big point in treatment and mistreatment of autistic people and ADHD too. People seek attention cos they need it, and I think it’s a valid need. Humans are a social species and being left out, judged, bullied, lonely, they’re all awful feelings. And our behaviour reflects our needs, so if those are met, bingo, people don’t hate our behaviours so much.
troyiesivanie
tol bean

I'm really happy with how much dan is posting - I really hope he's let go of some of the pressure to make sure that every post is perfect and he can just be himself!
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Also, while Dan is pretty open in telling us stuff, we don’t know what he’s dealt with, all the times he’s struggled and what he’s pushed through, etc. even Phil might not 100% understand that. We can’t compare mental health experiences fully, and shouldn’t compete or judge one worse than another anyway. So brb, registering myself as Dan’s big sister in charge of the Dan defence team.
Morganaa
drama llama

First off, thank you for clarifyin. I'm quite shocked because I would genuinely never think of it myself, as I already stated.
although, imma be frank(another trollish opinion coming, sorry) - I do think that the need to analyze every single word in a casual discussion in order not to be called homophobic or racist(especially while I'm anythin but -at least I believe so, since I honestly couldn't care less about somebody's sexual orientation, race, etc.) is a fuckin madness. the political correctness IS a fuckin madness and a pet peeve to say the least. even if I do know about the -phobic aspect of some social groups, I still think people are just EXTREMELY oversensitive these days.

Second off, by sayin that homophobia "OBVIOUSLY" ain't as much of a problem now as it was back in the day, I did not mean the thinkin of some individuals, who still may have very... conservative beliefs. I simply meant it isn't as prominent today I'd say - I don't know where you live, but here in the us, I've never really met a homophobic person(at least no one who would present themselves as one to me). the last time I've heard something I'd consider homophobic, was many years ago, from a kid(and by that I mean a literal child) in some early elementary grades. even though I was raised in a rural town and area, everyone was always cool with things like that. I also have multiple gay friends who never hide the fact they've had partners of the same sex etc. I've never seen anyone of them bein bullied because of it,never heard anyone sayin anythin homophobic about them (well, besides "that gay guys...", which I had no idea was considered homophobic, even more so given the fact that words like this were said in their presence and even said by themselves alone... none ever even gave as much as a hint that it bothers them bein called that, always acted very casual about it, just like I did when I was described as "that tall goth chick" or anythin along those lines), never heard none of them sayin that they were ever bullied about that fact nor even sayin about anyone telling them anythin which made them uncomfortable, neither by acquintances, friends, families nor even people that didnt like them very much...(I know, because durin some classes in hs and then once in college, discussin things of problems like that, I remember them bein specifically asked about that), believe me or not.
this is onviously just an anecdotal evidence, but I'd say just watch some TV shows, movies or listen to songs(especially rap ones, even by some of the biggest rap artists) from 20(or even 10)years ago and ask yourself if some of the phrasings, jokes and lines would make it through today's censorship(because mind you, to me that's exactly what it is). in today's popular productions there very frequently has be at least one lgbt character, or at least a portrayal of gay relationship.

also, no, by sayin that I'm happy that someone is at peace with who they are and accepts themselves, that line was NOT specifically about anyone.

I get it that by havin your LGBT community, forums, groups, yt videos and events like pride marches and parades, you can share your stories with other people like you, so they know that they're not alone and therefore let those "in the closet" or those who indeed experienced some bullying, know they don't have to be scared or ashamed of who they are, but I just only said that to me, gay people who feel the need to constantly repeat that they're gay and act like they wanna fuck with everyone of the same sex they meet(I ain't gonna speak for all straights out there, but personally, I don't go on social media and pretend like I wanna get into the pants of every guy I see or smile at...) are super annoying and it rather feels to me that instead of tryin to empower those around them, who are similar, it just feels more like they're expectin a big round of applause for bein gay and that's why I also said that from some of them I get the vibe like they're feelin like they're better just for the fact they're queer and feel like superheores because they have the courage to say it. I have also met individuals like these and trust me or not, it gets old super fast and whilst bein around them, after some time, you really start feeling the urge to just punch them in the face. and it has nothin to do of who we're Talkin about here - I don't care if they are my next door neighbor, a youtube entertainin content creator, or even somebody really notable and famous - it's always annoyin in the same way - because there really are other ways of showin other gay people(yes, yes, I'll try and remember to always add the word "people" from now on, just in case, to not make anyone feel uncomfortable or to not make a homophobe outta myself again... although I guess by saying that I don't like this type of behavior, I may already be one for some... the effect of political correctness I've been talking about earlier) they re not alone and that bein gay is nothin bad or to be ashamed of.

oh, and the thing about eatin each other's throats in the public - I added it because these days, If I see it these days sometimes, it's bein more frequently done by gay couples these days(have a drive thorough west Hollywood and Santa Monica boulevard - you'd know what I'm talkin about here...).
Don't get me wrong, but while your post did help me see a bit more of your point of view(maybe not understand, because exactly like you said, it may be hard to understand, if I'm not in the completely different position here), I feel like either you're reading into everythin a little too much, overanalyzing it, or I'm bein too careless about the way I present my opinions... probably the latter, although I feel like it'd be the first one.

about bein said that you're an attention seeker while speakin about mental problems - yeah, I've been told that literally ALL my life. and I even admitted that that may be a little true - I would like ANYONE to care, for once, instead of just telling me off, but what can you do. my experience was just that I've never really had anyone to confide in or even simply talk to about what I'm goin through.
I was just sayin that if you make... ahh, I've already said what meant when I said what I said, so I ain't gonna be explaining the same thing over and over again. I guess everyone is a bit of an attention seeker when it comes to this. you ain't got to form a team to defend no one from me, because I will still go through what I'm goin through alone and think what I think.
fancybum
senpai

Morganaa wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:27 pm Second off, by sayin that homophobia "OBVIOUSLY" ain't as much of a problem now as it was back in the day, I did not mean the thinkin of some individuals, who still may have very... conservative beliefs. I simply meant it isn't as prominent today I'd say - I don't know where you live, but here in the us, I've never really met a homophobic person(at least no one who would present themselves as one to me). the last time I've heard something I'd consider homophobic, was many years ago, from a kid(and by that I mean a literal child) in some early elementary grades. even though I was raised in a rural town and area, everyone was always cool with things like that. I also have multiple gay friends who never hide the fact they've had partners of the same sex etc. I've never seen anyone of them bein bullied because of it,never heard anyone sayin anythin homophobic about them
Morganaa wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:27 pm get it that by havin your LGBT community, forums, groups, yt videos and events like pride marches and parades, you can share your stories with other people like you, so they know that they're not alone and therefore let those "in the closet" or those who indeed experienced some bullying, know they don't have to be scared or ashamed of who they are, but I just only said that to me, gay people who feel the need to constantly repeat that they're gay and act like they wanna fuck with everyone of the same sex they meet(I ain't gonna speak for all straights out there, but personally, I don't go on social media and pretend like I wanna get into the pants of every guy I see or smile at...) are super annoying and it rather feels to me that instead of tryin to empower those around them, who are similar, it just feels more like they're expectin a big round of applause for bein gay and that's why I also said that from some of them I get the vibe like they're feelin like they're better just for the fact they're queer and feel like superheores because they have the courage to say it. I have also met individuals like these and trust me or not, it gets old super fast and whilst bein around them, after some time, you really start feeling the urge to just punch them in the face.
The fact that you felt the need to, completely unprompted, explain how you'd like to punch a certain type of gay person in the face for being themselves (who asked?) while claiming not to be homophobic is something you should really work on internally. You think being horny on main is some kind of exclusively gay phenomenon? Uh, no. Straight men and women are PDAing all over the place, online and irl, all day every day (and have been for eternity) and the fact that only gay people doing it registers to this degree to you is exactly why we actually need more gay people doing the same shit in the same spaces as 'the straights' (which frankly, one token gay character per show doesn't quite accomplish). That you personally have never met a homophobic person in some magical part of the US is super cool for you, but it's not the reality most people live (and I'd be willing to bet quite a lot of money that actually you've met plenty of homophobic people, and it just didn't register because it doesn't affect you as a straight person, or they weren't as obvious as straight up saying they'd like to punch gay people in the face). Good luck with everything you've got going on.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Morganaa
drama llama

fancybum wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 7:27 pm
Morganaa wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:27 pm Second off, by sayin that homophobia "OBVIOUSLY" ain't as much of a problem now as it was back in the day, I did not mean the thinkin of some individuals, who still may have very... conservative beliefs. I simply meant it isn't as prominent today I'd say - I don't know where you live, but here in the us, I've never really met a homophobic person(at least no one who would present themselves as one to me). the last time I've heard something I'd consider homophobic, was many years ago, from a kid(and by that I mean a literal child) in some early elementary grades. even though I was raised in a rural town and area, everyone was always cool with things like that. I also have multiple gay friends who never hide the fact they've had partners of the same sex etc. I've never seen anyone of them bein bullied because of it,never heard anyone sayin anythin homophobic about them
Morganaa wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:27 pm get it that by havin your LGBT community, forums, groups, yt videos and events like pride marches and parades, you can share your stories with other people like you, so they know that they're not alone and therefore let those "in the closet" or those who indeed experienced some bullying, know they don't have to be scared or ashamed of who they are, but I just only said that to me, gay people who feel the need to constantly repeat that they're gay and act like they wanna fuck with everyone of the same sex they meet(I ain't gonna speak for all straights out there, but personally, I don't go on social media and pretend like I wanna get into the pants of every guy I see or smile at...) are super annoying and it rather feels to me that instead of tryin to empower those around them, who are similar, it just feels more like they're expectin a big round of applause for bein gay and that's why I also said that from some of them I get the vibe like they're feelin like they're better just for the fact they're queer and feel like superheores because they have the courage to say it. I have also met individuals like these and trust me or not, it gets old super fast and whilst bein around them, after some time, you really start feeling the urge to just punch them in the face.
The fact that you felt the need to, completely unprompted, explain how you'd like to punch a certain type of gay person in the face for being themselves (who asked?) while claiming not to be homophobic is something you should really work on internally. You think being horny on main is some kind of exclusively gay phenomenon? Uh, no. Straight men and women are PDAing all over the place, online and irl, all day every day (and have been for eternity) and the fact that only gay people doing it registers to this degree to you is exactly why we actually need more gay people doing the same shit in the same spaces as 'the straights' (which frankly, one token gay character per show doesn't quite accomplish). That you personally have never met a homophobic person in some magical part of the US is super cool for you, but it's not the reality most people live (and I'd be willing to bet quite a lot of money that actually you've met plenty of homophobic people, and it just didn't register because it doesn't affect you as a straight person, or they weren't as obvious as straight up saying they'd like to punch gay people in the face). Good luck with everything you've got going on.

I don't even know and want to respond to that, seeing how efficiently you just twisted my words out. it just shows how much hatred you got for straight people as you seem to think they have for you(punch in the face was my way of sayin REALY ANNOYING. I don't go out and just punch people coz I don't like em, not that it seems you're capable of understandin that)
yeah good luck livin in your world full of queer people, while they're still a minority(and sorry to brake that down for you, but always will be. the species has to reproduce somehow, y'know... it ain't like everyone will turn gay on your call).
about the pda couples, I ain't even gonna respond. hell, I don't even know why I'm responding right now, I just don't know if I should laugh or cry.
good day, evenin, wherever you are. keep dreaming, but maybe try not to lose the grip on the reality(if it ain't too late, seein as you think I don't know about straight people's pda shit. I didn't write about it, because I thought it was kind of obvious. well, turns out not for everyone...)
over and out.

I'm really in awe of my ability to start a shitstorms on this forum.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So how about abut those houseplants Dan and Phil have? :cactus: They sure do have some houseplants. Lots of them. Maybe Dan will do a houseplant tour soon! We had Phil's from a while back, it's Dan's turn to show off those babies they've worked so hard to keep alive.