Dan & Phil Part 102: crisis twinks

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
gnostic
stress mushroom

onceinaugust wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:02 pm
shan wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:37 pm So it feels like whatever Phil's contract for Shorts was has finished right? They might not have been his best content but I think I'm still going to be sad they're gone. It was nice getting little snippets here and there while waiting for his next main channel upload. There were some real gems in there too; reviewing the beeps in their house, extra footage from their Japan trip, Phil video trivia where we found out there was almost a Phil peen reveal AND the two versions of pinof 5.

And I just liked seeing his face pop up sometimes during these longer gaps between uploads. I miss him.
Agreed- his first short was on 10/11/21, and his last one was 4/25/22, so I'm guessing it was a 6 month contract? And he made exactly 80 shorts in that period.
years pass by and my stanning of Phil's Capita£ester ways only grows
Just here for the marketing skills
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

gnostic wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:22 pm
onceinaugust wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:02 pm
shan wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:37 pm So it feels like whatever Phil's contract for Shorts was has finished right? They might not have been his best content but I think I'm still going to be sad they're gone. It was nice getting little snippets here and there while waiting for his next main channel upload. There were some real gems in there too; reviewing the beeps in their house, extra footage from their Japan trip, Phil video trivia where we found out there was almost a Phil peen reveal AND the two versions of pinof 5.

And I just liked seeing his face pop up sometimes during these longer gaps between uploads. I miss him.
Agreed- his first short was on 10/11/21, and his last one was 4/25/22, so I'm guessing it was a 6 month contract? And he made exactly 80 shorts in that period.
years pass by and my stanning of Phil's Capita£ester ways only grows
I really appreciate just how how quickly he stopped. If it was in fact a 6 month contract, he noped out of it INSTANTLY. Didn’t even pretend to enjoy it or give it one extra go for the sake content.

Bless. This is why I love him. This and his 10 minute and 1 second videos. :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I'm not sure if this has been shared here or not, but ahappydnp on tumblr made a spreadsheet with some figures about Phil's posting over the last couple years! (There are two tabs, one for 2021 and one for 2022).
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan did an interview with Metro.

It's nice. Even if they did get the year of BIG wrong right there in 3rd paragraph.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what internet Dan is using where 'being nice is cool now as opposed to 2009'. My man has never spent a minute on stan twt and I for one envy him.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

PHIL LIVES
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Phil's such a CUUUTTTTIIIIIEEEE! I love that man.
ArtyJim
glabella

Two of the people he spoke to that stuck out to me:
The boy and his mom who saw Dan at pride and when Dan waved hello the boy burst into tears from happiness. Also love a supportive mom.
The girl who said Phil's videos were home and a safe place...felt that one. So lovely.

Also the last one was definitely Dan, no?
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

I thought this was such a wholesome video, I would have expected it to be more chaotic than it was, but all the phone calls, (barring the last one) seemed to be very nice conversations. I'm sure he left out some of them, but I'm genuinely surprised he got a real sim card and used a real number, when I saw that tweet I thought it was him trying to get people to sign up for some kind of text notifications so I just ignored it. Oops.
interruptfireworks
delia smith

someone edited the audio of the last caller and it does seem to be dan! i really liked that video. it was just fun and had nice vibes.
kavat
pastel persona

I have a really hard time with listening to phone calls (I also can't handle call-in radio shows) so this was a tough watch for me, but it was mostly a fun video! I wonder if his phone ever recovered from that :lol:
starsandshards
living flop

That was such a hilarious video, worth the wait.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I enjoyed the video WAY more than I expected! I hope the part two is as solid as this one was - also props to him for turning the concept into two videos, lmao. Coulda just given us one twenty minute video but... NOPE. That is not the way of the Phil.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Yay! I totally forgot it’s Dan’s bday until I saw Phil’s flattering photos tweet.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
Levitating
#relatable

Is this the first time Phandom Gives does not reachc its goal by the Birthday date?

It makes me wonder: do we know how 'old' Youtubers make money, once their career as YTers ends? Do they invest in houses and other businesses like Alfie?
(Yet, I do not understand how Alfie's clothing line could be making him enough money to keep that life style of his)
kavat
pastel persona

Absolutely my favorite tradition! Also the holiday pic in there, cheeky
nicky1388
spork

kavat wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:40 pm Absolutely my favorite tradition! Also the holiday pic in there, cheeky
It really is such an adorable tradition. I love that Dan seems to enjoy it too.

When did they go to the beach though??
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Dan playing Elden Ring, now that is a rage compilation I'd watch.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm on such a content high from those pictures. There's nothing like a birthday tweet really pump some serotonin in you.

I've also been watching Dan and Phil all day with the PhandomWatch group (join here! We aren't even a third of the way done yet) - and we're still raising money for YoungMinds with PhandomGives, you can donate here if you want to be a part of that goodness!
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Absolute favorite DnP tradition, love all of the photos. Do we know where the water one was taken?
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

Twitter figured out the photo in the water was taken with the same backdrop as Phil's photo on Instagram from October 25th of last year.

Yep.
dontpanic
#relatable

Catallena wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:10 pm Dan did an interview with Metro.

It's nice. Even if they did get the year of BIG wrong right there in 3rd paragraph.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what internet Dan is using where 'being nice is cool now as opposed to 2009'. My man has never spent a minute on stan twt and I for one envy him.
He saw TPWK in the bios of a few Harry Styles stans but didn't look at any of their tweets. He somehow avoided kpop twitter completely.

(I say this as both a kpop and HS fan)
kavat
pastel persona

I'm sad we didn't get a cake tweet from Dan this year, but he did like a bunch of art on twitter! It's a lovely scroll :)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

PJ said on Twitch that Dan and Phil were visiting him for the weekend! I love that, they got to spend some time with friends for Dan's birthday. Our lovely Lackless was listening and said: they played board games and went to a national park, climbed a tree and got fish and chips.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:52 pm PJ said on Twitch that Dan and Phil were visiting him for the weekend! I love that, they got to spend some time with friends for Dan's birthday. Our lovely Lackless was listening and said: they played board games and went to a national park, climbed a tree and got fish and chips.
Aww, I had hoped that the lack of cake pics meant that they got to go somewhere special
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

We got some late bday selfies from Dan! :love2:

Also, today marks 3 years since Dan gave us all a heart attack and posted BIG. :rainbowtears:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr