Dan & Phil Part 102: crisis twinks

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Scout
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

Phil is at Dan’s show!
:lesbianflag:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

New horny Dan tweet. If he's in this kind of mood before the show...
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Lmao @ John Green replying "This is a perfect tweet. You should frame it" and then quickly deleting it
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Apparently Anthony Padilla is there too?? omg
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
literally_formless
butt chair

I'm loving all the pics on Twitter from the shows. Also, what's with the high-water pants? I guess there was ten years of pants too low, now pants too short era rising? (What do I know of his pain, I'm 5'3")
starsandshards
living flop

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:06 pm
I really need to hear more about this.

Also is anyone writing fic about it. :garbage:
Morganaa
drama llama

DISCLAIMER: Yeah, that post is INCREDIBLY long. you can delete it just cause of that. but after havin a blunt and a beer I just had to write it, after what I saw here.

well... y'know, imma admit it, the thought of gettin the ticket(to the so called "tour", when I saw on the schedule he's gonna be in Detroit) crossed my mind as one point, but a few seconds after, I woke up and thought(kind of) soberly - of course I ain't gonna buy any tickets and ain't gonna go to any of those speeches. for a few reasons: first is that I've never particularly liked them - I just liked their dynamics, that's why I sometimes watched SOME of their videos as a kid, but even then I found most of them cringy and straight up borin(in the matter of their topics and what they were talkin about in them) - for this reason, some time ago I've found out I'm a "troll"(because "oh, why would you be on this forum if you aren't a fan? oh oh, I'm not sure if this isn't some troll, oh oh, oh em gee"... aight, sorry for these sarcastic additions, but this is how it came across to me. and only to me, obviously, because everybody else was of course agreeing with those who wrote it, but I'm very much aware and very much fine that nobody will ever agree with me here, nor even gonna see and understand my reasonin and point of view, so yeah... I guess I am a troll after all. but yes, like I said, I'm here because I liked their dynamics, not because I was ever a fan of neither, but I don't expect nobody to understand)
second reason is that, I've promised I'm never gonna give them a penny again - first off, after my fiasco with irl, when I made a bulk order for some stuff I liked and then haven't heard from them OR my package OR my money for more than three months, if I remember correctly. they wouldn't answer e-mails nor calls, even though they were readin them - at least I have a reason to believe they did, because, ABSOLUTELY ACCIDENTALLY, they finally responded to me just the next day after I threatened them to call the police and fill a report for fraud and let the authorities handle the transaction for them - they also immediately send me my money back, as well as a said E-mail which was full of very poorly executed art of bullshit - "sorry, we hadn't seen your messages, and we thought we've already responded to you, we have a shortage of these items, etc."( yes, exactly that. they claimed they haven't seen my messages, but thought they already responded to them.... plus, they had "a shortage", everybody!... which essentially means they were selling items they didn't have in stock. niiice). then, I found out that nearly everybody had the very same issues with them around that time... I just wonder how many people let that slide, with them takin away their money and they didn't do anythin about it, besides bein dissapointed and maybe JUST A LITTLE pissed off...
the second reason I said I'm never givin them a broken penny is the way they treat you - people who title themselves "their fans". you may not see it, but I see it, and from my perspective it looks like they treat those "fans" of them like nothin but cash cows. yes, you read that right. I think you're nothin but cash cows to them.
Both of them won't do shit, unless they have somethin to promote. one does videos that in 98% of cases could last 3-4 minutes, but are artificially edited to be lastin ten minutes. TEN MINUTES and no more than a few secs longer, just to get the ad revenue or whatever it's called. has a membership thing on, apparently(again, I don't know about this membership things, I've never bought any and was never interested in how it works, but from what I do know it's supposed to give the "members" the privilege of bein informed about upcomin stuff earlier, havin videos and other stuff available to members only, etc.) the only "privilege" the ones whom he charges $5 per month get are shitty posts once in a blue moon, that end up published for everybody to read a few minutes after. I mean, yes, it is everybody's own decision to give him than 5 bucks or not, but... ain't it kinda lookin weird? he also did some "shorts"(one of the most irritatin "features" that yt could think of) - each of them lookin the same, each of them bein the same and no second longer than they told him to be. his content is extremely repetitive. makes a story every two months so people don't forget he still lives.
another one said fuck you for four years. made a video to show off the fact that he's gay and soon as the hype of him sayin that out loud was gone, he was gone too. then he announced his "comeback" because had some book to promote, and after it didn't get as much of the attention he probably expected, he was gone again. then he announced his comeback YET AGAIN - but oh, wait, he don't doin it coz he wants to, but he thought he wanna try bein a "stand up comedian"(in which he will only talk about ONE subject - bein gay. he's never ONCE talked about ANYTHING else than that since 2019. yes, I know for y'all it's super exciting that the does but ain't you gonna admit that he sounds like a broken record, not ever tweeting nor talkin about nothin else? I know how super important it is for you
lgbt people -...can I, can i say that, or is it homophobic too...?-), so he's gotta be more active on social media because he has tickets to sell. back then he ain't never bothered to say hi to anyone who asked if he's alive(but he's obviously excused - he came out with a sad story about how this bad company deceived him, so he had no time to say nothin to nobody, and obviously since everybody missed seeing him, his side of the story was all they needed to hear and started shaming everyone who ever said or dared to think that he doesn't care - he does, he was just fucked by them, absolutely NO FAULT on his side, right? yeah, fuck that reality ALWAYS shows that nothing is NEVER as black n white as he presented it in his story - of course nobody would believe that he most likely-i would say 98%-fucked somethin up on his side too. like I said, everyone will ALWAYS victimize themselves, and since we don't know how it was for real... he could easily say that it was all everybody elses fault, just not his, he was always perfect and never ever lied to anyone... well, maybe except to his audience for like, ten years, but that don't matter he was just experiencin internal homophobia and depression, that means he's absolutely excused in everythin he EVER said - even bein homophobic himself at times... but everybody believes him just coz he's say it's true and just coz he says he's right. and ofc., when he says and thinks that he's right, then hes gotta be, no other option...).
it all sounds like my typical trollin' gibberish, but look at this from a perspective - everythin points out that they are both creatively burnt out(yes, even this tour of speeches where he's gonna recite scripted "jokes" because self-depricatin and homophobic slurs are sooo funny when they come from somebody who identifies as gay, apparently...) - they got nothin new to offer and they don't care about you as the people who wanna watch them and for whom they are still popular(NOT famous, as I said popularity and fame are two different words to me, unless used very casually. they are not famous celebrity stars, they are just popular influencers - and imma think like this whether you like it or not, because in my opinion, you gotta do a little more than make an idiot outta yourself on the internet to be called "famous and oh so rich". and DONT GET ME WRONG AGAIN, I'm not tryin to shame any ytbers, streamers or other "influencers" who create entertainin content. I just say that... this is basically what most of them do, just said without that sugarcoat) - all the stars in the sky point out that you are all just numbers for them, cash cows that they can just get their paycheck out of. of course, everybody has to buy food for somethin, and of course, they don't need to explain themselves to nobody - but when your job is to communicate with the people who still wanna watch you, it becomes evident... but like I said - I'm the only one who thinks and sees it that way. you all got your brains, your eyes, and the right to choose what to do with your own money, so no need to come ballistic on me(but I also admit, I wrote this all to see how heavily you're gonna come down on me, when I unapologetically say what you probably very likely all feel or at least felt, even deep down, at some point and shove it to your face like this.... or maybe just ignore me and think "what's the point of talkin to somebody who is so obviously trolling")
and another reason why I ain't ever gonna go to any of his speeches is well... because I'm homophobic! Im homophobic because even though I don't give a fuck about who somebody wants to fuck or marry, I happened to say two words that are apparently NOT politically correct in this fuckin madness of political correctness("some gays™") and I also don't think that bein gay is somethin you should talk of 24/7 and I despise people who do this and wanna make out and fuck under my nose,to show their "pride". just like I would despise all the straight people who'd do that. but that doesn't matter, I'm homophobic, because of that, and because of bein tired of listenin to lgbt bullshit all the time. and also I'm homophobic because I'm straight and I don't identify with the rainbows myself(at least that's what I feel like, after reading some of the angry replies to my rambles).

and the last reason imma just say for now, but not the last I got in mind is... that tweet. if the whole "show" and whole tour speeches are gonna be demonstratin this sort of... eh... "humor"(my keyboard hurts, even from writin that with quotation marks...) then, I'm out.
you can say whatever you want about me, mock me, shame me and whatever you want, but that tweet was PROFOUNDLY DISGUSTIN.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Morganaa wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:18 pmif the whole "show" and whole tour speeches are gonna be demonstratin this sort of... eh... "humor"(my keyboard hurts, even from writin that with quotation marks...) then, I'm out.
That's a mature response to have! I always applaud people that understand their boundaries and choose not to continue engaging with something that they don't find for them. I hope that you can find entertainers with a sense of humor and a style of content making that makes you happy. <3
Morganaa
drama llama

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:27 pm
Morganaa wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:18 pmif the whole "show" and whole tour speeches are gonna be demonstratin this sort of... eh... "humor"(my keyboard hurts, even from writin that with quotation marks...) then, I'm out.
That's a mature response to have! I always applaud people that understand their boundaries and choose not to continue engaging with something that they don't find for them. I hope that you can find entertainers with a sense of humor and a style of content making that makes you happy. <3
I don't know honestly, if that's supposed to be honest or sarcastic(nothin to you, just the reception I get on this forum isn't exactly warm, so I do feel confused), but thank you very much. I already have my favorite artists, thank god for that. and that's also why I don't post here too much, just lurk from time to time - I don't have time nor I don't want to engage in somethin that I find...just na-ah.
Morganaa
drama llama

and I also sense what you imply - that I should be out of this forum as well. probably ain't gonna happen, since, like said, I lurk from time to time, but I definitely won't be puttin my shitstorm-causin posts on a regular basis, no worries. I never did nor I won't.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Morganaa wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:31 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:27 pm
I don't know honestly, if that's supposed to be honest or sarcastic(nothin to you, just the reception I get on this forum isn't exactly warm, so I do feel confused), but thank you very much. I already have my favorite artists, thank god for that. and that's also why I don't post here too much, just lurk from time to time - I don't have time nor I don't want to engage in somethin that I find...just na-ah.
I'm being sincere. It's very obvious you have a lot of issues with Dan and his content, and those opinions are not widely shared here. So if something is that emphatically not for you then I hope you get enjoyment out of the artists that are your favorite.
Morganaa
drama llama

yes, which is EXACTLY the reason why I post here sometimes when I see somethin obviously not for me. this is the EXACT reason why I listed all these problems I have and why I think a lot of those "not widely" shared opinions are not fair. and sometimes - to the point of unhealthy. just like for example, me - people buildin this welcomin image for everyone, especially "(some)gays™" and people with depression, but after I said I was battling with depression, suicidal attempts and addiction, I was bein demonized here just because I said somethin you didnt like, callin me a troll, rasist or homophobe. trust me, I ain't sittin around all day just researching whatever they do - seriously, fuck them now(which translates to "I'm not talkin about them now, my point isn't only about them, I'm speakin more widely now .) their content bores me and is straightforward cringy now, Im not gonna engage in it any longer for sure, which is, I repeat, exactly why I listed all these problems here(and kinda hope to see people boiling coz of somebody sayin what they don't like). it was literally me sayin, I was interested to see what his speeches would be like, but now I don't have to dwell onnit anymore, because I know for 99% - and that for 99% I ain't gonna like it(I mean, I knew it before, obviously, but it was not "set in stone" - but now it is and Im just absolutely sure). just pains me to see what kind of politically correct world we've built, where sayin somethin someone might not like gets you to... this. do with it whatever you want. It's just kinda funny you don't see that all they see you as are cash cows. to the point that they can say screw you for a few years, and when they finally comeback to ask y'all to give them money AGAIN, you don't even hesistate and even act so hyped up for the obvious money grab, while in fact, they should be egged. but yeah, again, my opinion, your lives, your money do whatever. so yeah, bye.
ArtyJim
glabella

A Rat Backwards wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:08 pm Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster here - getting home from a Dan Howell show seems like as good a time as any to pop my IDB cherry!

I wasn’t sure what to expect when I got my ticket - I only became aware of Dan and Phil in their post-coming-out universe, so never saw either of their stage shows. My (hopefully not too spoilery) review of this one is that Dan is a very charismatic and assured live performer, I laughed a lot, and the show was about 50-50 straightforward standup vs. a bit more audience interaction, with some off-the-cuff stuff sprinkled throughout. I think you can draw a through line from some of the online live stuff he’s done in the last few years to the setpieces in this show - there are a bunch of nods and winks to the fans, but it works as a queer/digital culture-focused show more broadly.

I’d be interested to see how much of the material makes it to the main tour - I think it went on for about 80mins and didn’t feel like it flagged, though some of the tonal shifts between serious and bantery stuff might need smoothing out beyond a Pride month context.

And the audience was very vocal and funny, there was a lot of good natured heckling and interaction, Dan himself is unbelievably tall, the Soho Theatre is a great venue, and at least two internet memes kind of came true in real life.
I appreciate you sharing your experience from Dan's show! I hope other people share their experiences and thoughts on the show too.

I wonder how long it will be until he uploads to his channel (I'm remembering correctly right? He's planning on putting it up on his channel?).

From the very few pictures I've seen he's looking healthy which makes me happy. I hope his time on stage sparks huge inspiration in him and we get more content!

Also happy pride :rainbow: even though June has ended. It's great being :gayaf: :prideheart2:
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

Idk about anyone else but I'm at that lack of phil point of time where i start wondering who you have to sleep with at nord vpn so we get a video :loveeyes: I'll take one for the team I need some wholesome content. All i have at the moment is love island and even that's not love islanding as much as usual this year.

What I would give for a story time of all the instances Phil has accidentally made a tit of himself at the hospital because 1. it's surely happened and 2. it deffo happens all the time to everyone. My friend's fiancé is a private anaesthetist and my fave thing is asking what hilarious things have happened recently, she told me earlier this evening that one person recently went to take off their totally normal seemingly thin sweater whilst chatting as the aircon wasn't working too well and somehow whipped off a thin sweater, and their top came off too hahaha, it literally flew off and the person was in so much shock she had to retrieve it as they were so horrified they'd gone from being totally composed and just a bit hot to sat there in a bra! Bless them, they froze :rofl: gave me 100% chaotic Phil vibes and made me think it would be v funny to know.

Hope everyone's good. <3
Blue Girl
phillion/danosaur <//3

ArtyJim wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:52 pm
A Rat Backwards wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:08 pm Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster here - getting home from a Dan Howell show seems like as good a time as any to pop my IDB cherry!

I wasn’t sure what to expect when I got my ticket - I only became aware of Dan and Phil in their post-coming-out universe, so never saw either of their stage shows. My (hopefully not too spoilery) review of this one is that Dan is a very charismatic and assured live performer, I laughed a lot, and the show was about 50-50 straightforward standup vs. a bit more audience interaction, with some off-the-cuff stuff sprinkled throughout. I think you can draw a through line from some of the online live stuff he’s done in the last few years to the setpieces in this show - there are a bunch of nods and winks to the fans, but it works as a queer/digital culture-focused show more broadly.

I’d be interested to see how much of the material makes it to the main tour - I think it went on for about 80mins and didn’t feel like it flagged, though some of the tonal shifts between serious and bantery stuff might need smoothing out beyond a Pride month context.

And the audience was very vocal and funny, there was a lot of good natured heckling and interaction, Dan himself is unbelievably tall, the Soho Theatre is a great venue, and at least two internet memes kind of came true in real life.
I appreciate you sharing your experience from Dan's show! I hope other people share their experiences and thoughts on the show too.

I wonder how long it will be until he uploads to his channel (I'm remembering correctly right? He's planning on putting it up on his channel?).

From the very few pictures I've seen he's looking healthy which makes me happy. I hope his time on stage sparks huge inspiration in him and we get more content!

Also happy pride :rainbow: even though June has ended. It's great being :gayaf: :prideheart2:
Yes, many thanks for sharing your experience. I hope we hear more accounts of how the show went, I am so curious! :rainbowtears:
dontpanic
#relatable

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:06 pm
Stars---they're just like us! :lol:

kavat wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:05 pm Lmao @ John Green replying "This is a perfect tweet. You should frame it" and then quickly deleting it
it's important to remember that this b*tch's one of the most famous and successful writers of his generation.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Morganaa wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:18 pm and another reason why I ain't ever gonna go to any of his speeches is well... because I'm homophobic! Im homophobic because even though I don't give a fuck about who somebody wants to fuck or marry, I happened to say two words that are apparently NOT politically correct in this fuckin madness of political correctness("some gays™") and I also don't think that bein gay is somethin you should talk of 24/7 and I despise people who do this and wanna make out and fuck under my nose,to show their "pride". just like I would despise all the straight people who'd do that. but that doesn't matter, I'm homophobic, because of that, and because of bein tired of listenin to lgbt bullshit all the time.
MOD POST

Hi there, Morganaa.

We would like to remind you of the forum rules. You can find them here.

This forum is a safe space for everyone. All genders, race and sexuality. You are welcome to have your opinion on Dan and Phil, however we will not tolerate any homophobia on the forum. If you continue to be homophobic then we will issue you with a formal warning.

Please refresh yourself on the rules as you will also see trolling (that you openly admit to doing) will also not be tolerated.

If you have any questions then please do contact one of the moderator team via PM. Thanks.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

So I went to both nights of Dans London shows and I wrote a whole essay last night and the forum decided to log me out and the post got swallowed. I didn’t have time to re-write it last night (or tonight sadly) but I am spending a few hours in an airport tomorrow so I will do my best to write up my opinions on it.

What I will leave you with for now is, he was funny, sincere, emotional and oh boy is he one thicc guy with the best thighs in existence (I say this a fully fledged lesbian haha ❤️
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Morganaa
drama llama

missemma wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:51 pm
Morganaa wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:18 pm and another reason why I ain't ever gonna go to any of his speeches is well... because I'm homophobic! Im homophobic because even though I don't give a fuck about who somebody wants to fuck or marry, I happened to say two words that are apparently NOT politically correct in this fuckin madness of political correctness("some gays™") and I also don't think that bein gay is somethin you should talk of 24/7 and I despise people who do this and wanna make out and fuck under my nose,to show their "pride". just like I would despise all the straight people who'd do that. but that doesn't matter, I'm homophobic, because of that, and because of bein tired of listenin to lgbt bullshit all the time.
MOD POST

Hi there, Morganaa.

We would like to remind you of the forum rules. You can find them here.

This forum is a safe space for everyone. All genders, race and sexuality. You are welcome to have your opinion on Dan and Phil, however we will not tolerate any homophobia on the forum. If you continue to be homophobic then we will issue you with a formal warning.

Please refresh yourself on the rules as you will also see trolling (that you openly admit to doing) will also not be tolerated.

If you have any questions then please do contact one of the moderator team via PM. Thanks.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
does the word "sarcasm" ring ANY bells? I was making fun of people callin me a troll and homophobe when I NEVER DID NEITHER. it's all about one phrase I said:"some gays" that, according to some users was "homophobic".
and you mean, whatever. fuck this. terminate my account right now, on my request. I ain't be comin to such a fuckin toxic place, when no one even understands what the fuck I'm tryin to write. so please, do. Im askin for this. if that's how it is, how I can't speak my mind WITHOUT bein nor racist homophobic, nor a troll, but v'all telling me I am, I don't wanna come back ever again. it's only enraging me.
Last edited by Morganaa on Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

missemma wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:58 pm So I went to both nights of Dans London shows and I wrote a whole essay last night and the forum decided to log me out and the post got swallowed. I didn’t have time to re-write it last night (or tonight sadly) but I am spending a few hours in an airport tomorrow so I will do my best to write up my opinions on it.

What I will leave you with for now is, he was funny, sincere, emotional and oh boy is he one thicc guy with the best thighs in existence (I say this a fully fledged lesbian haha ❤️
I look forward to hearing your report of the show--and anyone else's! <3
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Morganaa
drama llama

and I'm sayin this as a fully fledged STRAIGHT female. delete me. y'all bein crazy while accusing me of doin things I WAS LAUGHIN about people sayin I was doin. so please, as a full fledged straight person(c'mon, you hate straight) I'm askin' to terminate this account.
I ain't gonna be remindin myself of no rules because I didn't do SHIT -only in your heads where you don't understand sarcasm.

and last wish: don't reply to me. I ain't wanna be even more enraged, save that for me, you don't know what the fuck I've been through in my life so I don't wanna see none of you coming right at me.
jesp
why bother

Mod Note

Morganaa, we've suspended your account for 24 hours to give you and every one else a chance to cool off. Note that this isn't a ban. There's more information in your PMs for you to read when the suspension is over.
shan
morning quiff

So London Pride is today and I’d thought I remembered that Dan was confirmed as going but now I can’t find anything about it.. Anyways, potentially even more Dan content to come! Maybe a sneaky Phil too??