Dan & Phil Part 102: crisis twinks

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Prayer circle for Seth to guest in Sweden :please:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan and Phil Limited numbers got updated last month - from 2020 through 2021 DAPG still made 500k (pounds) completely passively. Fucking wild, isn't it?

Embrace the Voice Ltd is also active (made in 2020), as well as Dan's newer one Doomed Touring LLP. Wonder if Embrace the Void is for some other project he has coming up?
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:15 pm Dan and Phil Limited numbers got updated last month - from 2020 through 2021 DAPG still made 500k (pounds) completely passively. Fucking wild, isn't it?

Embrace the Voice Ltd is also active (made in 2020), as well as Dan's newer one Doomed Touring LLP. Wonder if Embrace the Void is for some other project he has coming up?
still cannot wrap my brain around the fact that they each made 3 million of their solo channels in 2020 just!!!! i assumed embrace the void was the scripted show since they're both active and he has doomed now. unless they're somehow connected? idk enough about companies to get it other than...deppy rich
(also hello everyone after *checks notes* 4 years :garbage: )
kalli
butt chair

One time I went to see Cupcakke and her surprise special guests turned out to be three local drag queens, including the spectacular Priyanka, before she won Canada's Drag Race! Incredible surprise opening act, would recommend lmao

I'm wondering if the special guests thing is a mistake and not actually happening? I feel like we would have heard about it months ago. But if it is real, don't let us down, Daniel! We want drag queens!! :lol:
kavat
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:15 pm Dan and Phil Limited numbers got updated last month - from 2020 through 2021 DAPG still made 500k (pounds) completely passively. Fucking wild, isn't it?
And there are people who still claim that they're not rich, even though they make 15 times more than me (an averagely paid worker) on one (1) inactive channel. Truly wild.
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

shan wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:38 am Omg I need to know if there'll be special guests for all of the shows or just certain ones?? I'm now desperately manifesting TwoSet for his Australian shows.
Are you by any chance refering to Twoset violin? Because then I shall join you in the manifesting, albeit for the whole tour pls. My bf, a violin player and twoset fan, would lose his mind :lol:
shan
morning quiff

nøx wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:44 am
shan wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:38 am Omg I need to know if there'll be special guests for all of the shows or just certain ones?? I'm now desperately manifesting TwoSet for his Australian shows.
Are you by any chance refering to Twoset violin? Because then I shall join you in the manifesting, albeit for the whole tour pls. My bf, a violin player and twoset fan, would lose his mind :lol:
Yes! I can definitely see Dan continuing the tradition of the joint tours and closing the show with a musical number. Dan playing piano with Brett and Eddy on violin would make the most amazing finale, just saying!
starsandshards
living flop

shan wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:37 pm
nøx wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:44 am
Yes! I can definitely see Dan continuing the tradition of the joint tours and closing the show with a musical number. Dan playing piano with Brett and Eddy on violin would make the most amazing finale, just saying!
I'm not even going, let alone to the Australian shows, but I WANT THIS SO BAD let me join in the manifesting!!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

A reminder for anyone that's been around for a while.... this is a thing that actually happened lmao.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

After a long drought Phil has blessed us with a selfie :stan:

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Ice cream review, which I feel is basically a tradition at this point.
Oh and Dan did some bare minimum tour promo.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Okay re Dan's 'roast your interior design' tweet... I'm putting on my clown makeup because I feel like possibly his roasting of our spaces is going to coincide with showing us some of their interior design. Wishful thinking I know, but maybe?
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:21 pm
LadyLackless wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:15 pm WHAT SPECIAL FUCKING GUESTS????
ummm i'm gonna need to know this
In a tweet reply Dan said the special guests were us. Do you think that’s all it really is?
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

((quietly wishing they would do other content than basic reacts))
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Now he's asking for wholesome content from us. Wonder what this will all turn in to.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I really hope he doesn't only pick tour related questions because honestly these have so much potential??

What did you guys send in? For any of them tbh.
kavat
pastel persona

I wrote an assumption that he likes wine but has very basic taste. I think he's a snob about a lot of stuff, but drinks cheap rosé for the fun color :ribena:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan is back with another request.

Are these for video content to be posted in the upcoming months during tour, or is this for the actual show? :/
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Catallena wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:16 pm Dan is back with another request.

Are these for video content to be posted in the upcoming months during tour, or is this for the actual show? :/
I wish these were all for a “what I won’t be doing in this show” segment, but I think it might be for YouTube videos. I just can’t really imagine him putting these on his main channel, but good for him if he does.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
ArtyJim
glabella

Prefacing this with, I'm absolutely thrilled that Dan is going on tour because it seems obvious that he thrives while on tour. Love that for him.

But...does anyone have a perspective shift for me? Nothing of this tour appeals to me (aside from Dan lol). The whole doom and gloom theme bothers me more and more as the last 3 years have been absolutely shite and have only gotten worse (for me). So, I hate the repeated reminder that "We're all doomed". Like, I get that there's got to be some other message to end the show right? Do others have similar feelings and how do you feel excited about the tour? Is it just faith in Dan to put on a good show?

And obviously I acknowledge that not everything is catered to me but I /want/ to be excited to go (especially because it will be such a huge risk with covid still being a thing and I'm a person with a chronic illness). I like Dan and I want to be involved with whatever he's putting out and honestly I just miss content in general lol.

I'm curious about others' opinions.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

ArtyJim wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:51 am Is it just faith in Dan to put on a good show?
Yes, this is 100% it for me lol. The doomsday theme isn't appealing to me, and I honestly don't like stand up comedy in general, so it's a bit of a gamble whether I will like it? I'm counting on being so excited by Dan's mere presence that I have a great time (didn't see either live show before). I also expect the energy to be fun and welcoming based on what I heard about their other shows.
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

ArtyJim wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:51 am [...] Is it just faith in Dan to put on a good show?
Yeah, I think for me it's faith in Dan to put on a good show. I'm not always in the mood for dark jokes but I've always liked his sense of humor because even though it's usually a bit dark he has a way of making it relatable in a way that makes me feel less alone. I really loved how he mixed humor in with his Depression and Coming Out videos, and even his book, where he talked about some really dark and scary times but also somehow made me laugh? Laughter as a coping mechanism in a theatre full of phannies might be a nightmare scenario to some (lol) but to me I think it will feel like a much needed "exhale".
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

SERIOUSLY DANIEL?? ok now i think he’s just fucking with us
literally_formless
butt chair

Will he do a video speedrunning through all the video formats he didn't make in his years away? These are all things Phil has done, or close to them, right?

Or haha what if he now has a deal for Exactly 60 Shorts.