Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
sweetmm
angel bean
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:49 pm
Pronouns: She/Her
Location: GMT +8

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by sweetmm » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:21 am

I truly hope Cornelia will start posting Florida pics on her insta.
Image



User avatar
bluebox-away
woodland creature
Posts: 587
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:28 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: London, England

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by bluebox-away » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:02 am

This made me laugh, I'm now picturing them bedazzling stuff in a crafts video :lol:
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Image
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem

jhamba
phabergé
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:00 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by jhamba » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:42 am

I am firmly on #teamhat. It's so beautiful, and I totally want them to get a bedazzler.

jaej, I'm jealous af of your bedazzler
jiggly wrote:dalel is dead, phalel lives.

User avatar
Rigby
lady door
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:39 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by Rigby » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:18 am

fancybum wrote: Aw look, somebody compiled all the Dan/Phil appearances in Louise's vlogs:

They're all so sweet together, it's nice. Still haven't watched the new dinof vid and yet I watched this, what am I doing.
(although I had to skip all footage of Dan in his leather shirt, it's too much for me. why did he go out in public in that. no thank you)
I s2g the last part of that video always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, they look like a power couple and Dan looks so proud and happy it makes me smile. And they both look so handsome too!

trashqueen
blaze it
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:46 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: south america

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by trashqueen » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:03 am

Rigby wrote:
fancybum wrote: Aw look, somebody compiled all the Dan/Phil appearances in Louise's vlogs:

They're all so sweet together, it's nice. Still haven't watched the new dinof vid and yet I watched this, what am I doing.
(although I had to skip all footage of Dan in his leather shirt, it's too much for me. why did he go out in public in that. no thank you)

I s2g the last part of that video always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, they look like a power couple and Dan looks so proud and happy it makes me smile. And they both look so handsome too!
same, honestly when louise uploaded that vlog i was so annoyed watching it all the way up until that point because they were nowhere to be seen but it ended up being so worth it, those like 40 seconds of are by far the best seconds of them ever in other people's vlogs thank you louise i owe you so much

seriously they look so married like how is that even possible okay i'm gonna stop
Image
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'

majitzu
angel bean
Posts: 1022
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:22 pm
Location: South America

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by majitzu » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:10 am

I was like "gonna go to bed but first check idb" ... 27 min video of D&P and Louise?! Sign me in, sleep can wait
Image

majitzu
angel bean
Posts: 1022
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:22 pm
Location: South America

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by majitzu » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:50 am

Is nice to know that I have watched all the original videos this clips come from. When I first join the phandom it was like 4 months of catching up with every video D&P related, including vlogs they appeared in.

Good night
Image

User avatar
Ticia
suspended
Posts: 810
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:19 pm
Pronouns: her / she
Location: Europe

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by Ticia » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:41 am

fancybum wrote:
Ticia wrote:In this regard, Phil doesn't flirt with boys like he does with girls (like bedhead91 notes, even though I personally wouldn't qualify those comments as flirting on my standards) BUT at the same time he stated he's bisexual. Dan may consider his own past bisexuality claims as "attention seeking" and "being young", but when Phil said it, he was 24ish years old, so..yeah.

Moreover, we know of past crushes/close friends of Phil's -the underwear model and Charlie-, which confirms his bisexuality, but we shamelessly focus so so so much on Dan Phil is not even a topic :|
I see what you're saying, but possible (unconfirmed, we can only speculate) crushes/dalliances can't really be used to confirm anything. Phil is an impressively closed book.
Does flirting with Dan count for flirting with boys? Because I mean...
I still haven't seen the dinof video, save me from real life I want to watch the internet :(

To be fair, many things we say about these boys are speculations, but I get that with Phil is like "inventing his past" because we don't know much about his personal life, besides being a Uni graduate and having an older brother if you think about it.
Could you imagine him doing the same thing with the twins or Tyler?
Image

User avatar
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:31 am
Pronouns: She/Her
Location: Birmingham, England

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by Kathrynxjane » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:09 am

fancybum wrote:
Aw look, somebody compiled all the Dan/Phil appearances in Louise's vlogs:

They're all so sweet together, it's nice. Still haven't watched the new dinof vid and yet I watched this, what am I doing.

:platonic: Aww I know what I am watching during breakfast. Also they have got other ones with Joe and Cat won't be watching the Cat one because I can't stand her
sweetmm wrote:
bluebox-away wrote: I think Dan mentioned possibly using Vimeo like PJ did for Oscar's Hotel? Cause things like YTRed are only available in certain locations at the moment, and they want it to be accessible to all of their viewers. Idk whether they would charge for it or not though
Phil the entrepreneur will charge for it; they'll go on the line "to be fair to those who paid tickets"
Well, yeah. I think charging for it is perfectly fair, it's quite a big production after all. Does anybody actually expect it would be free? It's not a YT vid...
They could do what Felix did. He charged for each episode (£1.50) so the people who can't get yt red can still watch it. I can see that happening, where it would be on yt red but also be able to buy it aswell. I would be expecting a price of £10.00 because that is how much normal tour DVDs are here in England. I would pay that in a heartbeat. I would like that a lot tbh, I paid to go watch it live so would be pissed if it came out for free... That is why they didn't allow filming during the show.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015

User avatar
Ticia
suspended
Posts: 810
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:19 pm
Pronouns: her / she
Location: Europe

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by Ticia » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:17 am

trashqueen wrote:
Rigby wrote:
fancybum wrote: Aw look, somebody compiled all the Dan/Phil appearances in Louise's vlogs:

They're all so sweet together, it's nice. Still haven't watched the new dinof vid and yet I watched this, what am I doing.
(although I had to skip all footage of Dan in his leather shirt, it's too much for me. why did he go out in public in that. no thank you)

I s2g the last part of that video always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, they look like a power couple and Dan looks so proud and happy it makes me smile. And they both look so handsome too!
same, honestly when louise uploaded that vlog i was so annoyed watching it all the way up until that point because they were nowhere to be seen but it ended up being so worth it, those like 40 seconds of are by far the best seconds of them ever in other people's vlogs thank you louise i owe you so much

seriously they look so married like how is that even possible okay i'm gonna stop
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but aren't these Dan's pillows (when Louise slept at theirs)? If so...
Image
Image

Maraeni
phillion/danosaur <//3
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:32 pm
Location: Tschörmänie

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by Maraeni » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:42 am

but he still had
"Right now, you are breathing manually.
You're welcome!"
Michael "Mike" Estrin

loststars
living flop
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:02 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Netherlands

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by loststars » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:56 am

They've mentioned owning a fair amount of those bedding sets, as well.
Image
(c)itscomicdans

hunnyftw
phabergé
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:40 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by hunnyftw » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:46 am

Hello everyone! After 4months of reading the other forum and 3 weeks of reading this lovely place I finally decided to de-lurk and join in on the discussion. Let's see if I can keep up with you and contribute something interesting to this place highly unlikely

Aaand I want to bring back the topic of NWW, if you don't mind ;) I saw someone briefly mention this thing several pages back but the topic seemed to end quite quickly. Does anybody else also hate Dan's little "I'm sorry for myself and how I look etc" speech at 12:45? For some reason I found it quite irritating and felt frustrated with him. Yeah, maybe he was quite loud and obnoxious in some parts of the video but it wasn't totally over the top like in the restaurant video on his channel and anyway even if his behaviour would be over the top... who cares? Can't he just own it? I loved the video but this moment ruined the ending for me. And I'm not even sure why these 5 seconds had such a strong negative effect on me. I shouldn't care if he's too apologetic, but I do
Idek, I think I'm probably judging him too harshly right now... Does anybody feel the same and can put it into words better than me? pretty please

User avatar
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:05 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by oqua » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:10 am

Some things don't change. :lol:

Image
Dailybooth, 1 October 2009 • Instagram, 16 April 2016

Also: Dan Howell's selfies through the years:
(not in perfect chronological order, sorry, but close enough)
Image
I love how he obviously used to try so hard to look seductive. Now he just throws on a BLING gator girls hat and is somehow way hotter than he ever was back then lmao.
busy being happy~

ironic
lady door
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by ironic » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:28 am

hunnyftw wrote: Aaand I want to bring back the topic of NWW, if you don't mind ;) I saw someone briefly mention this thing several pages back but the topic seemed to end quite quickly. Does anybody else also hate Dan's little "I'm sorry for myself and how I look etc" speech at 12:45? For some reason I found it quite irritating and felt frustrated with him. Yeah, maybe he was quite loud and obnoxious in some parts of the video but it wasn't totally over the top like in the restaurant video on his channel and anyway even if his behaviour would be over the top... who cares? Can't he just own it? I loved the video but this moment ruined the ending for me. And I'm not even sure why these 5 seconds had such a strong negative effect on me. I shouldn't care if he's too apologetic, but I do
Some people care, there was quite a bit of complaining about him being loud and obnoxious.

I don't think he wanted the apology to sound serious; I interpreted it as a joke (or half a joke at least) but it's probably a bit honest too. Dan seems to be a pretty self-conscious person after all. I wish for him (and everybody) to always feel good with himself and to be more confident but at the same time I don't usually mind his self-deprecating jokes 'cause they just seem human (also #relatable).
A lot of people say they would like to see more of real D&P but I get the impression that they only want to see some parts of their personalities (and often that side of Dan is not one of them).
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
Image

User avatar
DryCereal
koi pond
Posts: 1961
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:59 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by DryCereal » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:49 am

oqua wrote:Some things don't change. :lol:

Image
Dailybooth, 1 October 2009 • Instagram, 16 April 2016

Also: Dan Howell's selfies through the years:
(not in perfect chronological order, sorry, but close enough)
Image
I love how he obviously used to try so hard to look seductive. Now he just throws on a BLING gator girls hat and is somehow way hotter than he ever was back then lmao.
Oh, he's still trying. Works too. Drat him.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:

hunnyftw
phabergé
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:40 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by hunnyftw » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:21 am

ironic, I don't see it as a joke at all… I hope you're right but to me (and Louise, judging by her facial expression) it sounded quite serious :?
ironic wrote:some people care, there was quite a bit of complaining about him being loud and obnoxious.
Oh, I know that some people don’t like it when Dan is loud. I wrote “who cares?” when in reality it should’ve been something like “I don’t care and I think that majority of people won’t care and even if some people would care I think he shouldn't care about that if it’s his natural behaviour and his friends don’t mind” which is still a massive simplification on my part; but even that was too much to type for me, I got lazy and decided that “who cares?” was enough :D
ironic wrote:A lot of people say they would like to see more of real D&P but I get the impression that they only want to see some parts of their personalities (and often that side of Dan is not one of them).
Yeah, I see what you mean. I guess you could say I’m guilty of that when it comes to his self-depreciating remarks/jokes. I find it hard to stand them because of my own character and behaviour in my everyday life. I try to avoid bringing myself down and it makes me very sad (and sometimes frustrated) when somebody I care about is like that, because it just seems sooo exhausting and destructive. Apparently these feelings somehow got transfered from the ‘real life’ to a stranger on the Internet.
I guess it's a sign I care about Dan

User avatar
SquishPhan
mark of oxin
Posts: 2465
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:18 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by SquishPhan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:31 am

fancybum wrote:
kuensukki wrote: Well that was a rain on my parade :wahh: He was filming Louis (but Phil was there also..I need to stop saving pics on my computer with no context ). I guess I still have the knowledge that he filmed him voicing the BH6!
Can you imagine all the footage and photos they have of each other from the Japan trip alone? And we only got to see one day...
I'm sure that they have many pics/vids of the other person that we are never getting our hands on, sadly.
fancybum wrote:Aw look, somebody compiled all the Dan/Phil appearances in Louise's vlogs:

They're all so sweet together, it's nice. Still haven't watched the new dinof vid and yet I watched this, what am I doing.
I know what I will be doing after this, watching that video. I'm pretty sure I have seen all the clips already, but having them altogether is handy and great.
fancybum wrote:
sweetmm wrote:
bluebox-away wrote: I think Dan mentioned possibly using Vimeo like PJ did for Oscar's Hotel? Cause things like YTRed are only available in certain locations at the moment, and they want it to be accessible to all of their viewers. Idk whether they would charge for it or not though
Phil the entrepreneur will charge for it; they'll go on the line "to be fair to those who paid tickets"
Well, yeah. I think charging for it is perfectly fair, it's quite a big production after all. Does anybody actually expect it would be free? It's not a YT vid...
I for one wouldn't mind paying for it either, I think it will be worth it. As long as they make it so that people almost everywhere can get it, I'll be happy.

ironic
lady door
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by ironic » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:42 am

hunnyftw wrote:ironic, I don't see it as a joke at all… I hope you're right but to me (and Louise, judging by her facial expression) it sounded quite serious :?
I agree that it sounded serious, I just don't think he wanted it taken seriously. I always keep in mind his I'm only joking. Everything I say is a joke. attitude and that's why I look at him from a bit... sceptical (that's not the best word, I don't know how to English today) perspective, I think.

I see your point though, I do care about him too, and I agree this kind of behaviour can be exhausting and destructive. The only difference is that it doesn't annoy me for some reason.
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
Image

jhamba
phabergé
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:00 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by jhamba » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:45 am

ironic wrote: A lot of people say they would like to see more of real D&P but I get the impression that they only want to see some parts of their personalities (and often that side of Dan is not one of them).
thank you so much for this, because you've put into words the problem I have with most people who say that they want the "real dan and phil". Because how do you even know what is real and what isn't? It's a ridiculous statement to me, and it seems to mean, "I want to see what I want them to be, which I think is the "real them""
jiggly wrote:dalel is dead, phalel lives.

User avatar
SquishPhan
mark of oxin
Posts: 2465
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:18 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by SquishPhan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:56 am

jhamba wrote:
ironic wrote: A lot of people say they would like to see more of real D&P but I get the impression that they only want to see some parts of their personalities (and often that side of Dan is not one of them).
thank you so much for this, because you've put into words the problem I have with most people who say that they want the "real dan and phil". Because how do you even know what is real and what isn't? It's a ridiculous statement to me, and it seems to mean, "I want to see what I want them to be, which I think is the "real them""
I so agree with this. I mean I've even been guilty of thinking like this myself, but for the most part I am happy with who they are portraying themselves to be. I hope this makes sense.

User avatar
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:05 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: California, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by oqua » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:56 am

SquishPhan wrote:
fancybum wrote:
kuensukki wrote: Well that was a rain on my parade :wahh: He was filming Louis (but Phil was there also..I need to stop saving pics on my computer with no context ). I guess I still have the knowledge that he filmed him voicing the BH6!
Can you imagine all the footage and photos they have of each other from the Japan trip alone? And we only got to see one day...
I'm sure that they have many pics/vids of the other person that we are never getting our hands on, sadly.
Ugh, yes, there are probably so many adorable pictures we'll never see. But we can be grateful that we do have a fair number of photos one has taken of the other. The Portugal pictures come to mind. Or that photo Dan took of Phil without Phil knowing. And there are others. They're always cute. :)
ironic wrote:
hunnyftw wrote:ironic, I don't see it as a joke at all… I hope you're right but to me (and Louise, judging by her facial expression) it sounded quite serious :?
I agree that it sounded serious, I just don't think he wanted it taken seriously. I always keep in mind his I'm only joking. Everything I say is a joke. attitude and that's why I look at him from a bit... sceptical perspective, I think.

I see your point though, I do care about him too, and I agree this kind of behaviour can be exhausting and destructive. The only difference is that it doesn't annoy me for some reason.
I agree with hunnyftw that he sounded serious. (I talked about it earlier on the thread so I won't rehash it here.)

But anyway, I don't buy the whole "everything I say is a joke" thing. He says that, but it's pretty clear that 90% of his jokes aren't actually jokes. I think that with a lot of his "joke" comments, he wants them to be appreciated as jokes, but he also wants (on some level) for people to recognize that he's not joking. I don't know if this is making any sense and I feel my ability to articulate my thoughts is basically non-existent right now. But basically I do think he was suddenly overwhelmed by self-doubt at the end of the video and it makes me feel bad for him, not annoyed with him. But obviously he expressed these feelings as a joke, because it was a lighthearted video and he is Dan Howell and this is how he deals.
ironic wrote:A lot of people say they would like to see more of real D&P but I get the impression that they only want to see some parts of their personalities (and often that side of Dan is not one of them).

This is so true. Wow.
busy being happy~

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 3694
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by alittledizzy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:03 pm

jhamba wrote:
ironic wrote: A lot of people say they would like to see more of real D&P but I get the impression that they only want to see some parts of their personalities (and often that side of Dan is not one of them).
thank you so much for this, because you've put into words the problem I have with most people who say that they want the "real dan and phil". Because how do you even know what is real and what isn't? It's a ridiculous statement to me, and it seems to mean, "I want to see what I want them to be, which I think is the "real them""
Real people also just aren't always that entertaining. For example, I suspect in social situations with loud people the 'real' Phil is similar to what we saw in the video with Louise - quiet, letting other people talk over him, somewhat uncomfortable seeming. And people didn't like that. Because that wasn't entertaining. People don't want actual 'real' Dan and Phil - they want an entertaining version of Dan and Phil that they still relate to but that comes off less obvious so they feel like they're getting some sort of inside scoop.

kusunoki masashige
glabella
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:57 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by kusunoki masashige » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:05 pm

jaej wrote:
akui wrote:
jaej wrote:his skin looks really smooth and even and edited. is that just because of strong natural sunlight? he looks fresh out of a jpop summer music wtf is this hey say jump realness DAN48?
Damn girl… you reminded me that 10 years ago i was a total Johnny's trash and after 10 years i thought i grown outta that but apparently i am not.
you never stop being johnnys trash. the horrible company really know how to market, when will deppy tbh
ahahahahahaaaa..haa…aaah…flashbacks to about ten years ago when i watched every single variety bangumi arashi was in…and matsujun in kimi wa petto...(that's where the real furry action is)

ironic
lady door
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Dan & Phil Part 5: Dan & Phil Lester

Post by ironic » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:16 pm

oqua wrote: But anyway, I don't buy the whole "everything I say is a joke" thing. He says that, but it's pretty clear that 90% of his jokes aren't actually jokes. I think that with a lot of his "joke" comments, he wants them to be appreciated as jokes, but he also wants (on some level) for people to recognize that he's not joking. I don't know if this is making any sense and I feel my ability to articulate my thoughts is basically non-existent right now. But basically I do think he was suddenly overwhelmed by self-doubt at the end of the video and it makes me feel bad for him, not annoyed with him. But obviously he expressed these feelings as a joke, because it was a lighthearted video and he is Dan Howell and this is how he deals.
I agree with you. I no longer know what my point was :) Maybe I didn't put it in right words, but I didn't mean that I'd interpreted the apology as a joke that was funny, more like just a way of dealing with stuff, but not something that should be very alarming/worrying for his audience.
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
Image

Locked