Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
thatone
delia smith

littleflowers wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:07 pm
thatone wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:38 pm He liked waay more than one haha, I thought twitter was bugging out for a second
I think twitter actually may be bugging out. I've noticed other accounts (e.g., charlie mcdonnell, lex croucher, zach kornfield) that have apparently liked a bunch of seemingly random old tweets, or at least thats how it appears for me

also lol @ the fact that this is my first post on this forum despite having lurked here since the gg days
Just checked some other accounts and yeah, it seems to be the case. I was very confused, guess it's just a bug then. :lol:
literally_formless
butt chair
Pronouns: she/her

Dan went live on Instagram! With lots of guests from the audience..... they were kind of sweet, but I always feel like these moments shine a light on the difference between people who love attention and us non-entertainers!

He said he's editing some stuff but that Louise got upset while filming with them. What??
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

literally_formless wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:10 pm Dan went live on Instagram! With lots of guests from the audience..... they were kind of sweet, but I always feel like these moments shine a light on the difference between people who love attention and us non-entertainers!

He said he's editing some stuff but that Louise got upset while filming with them. What??
Speaking of people who love attention, has the audience at everyone' show so far been really disrespectful when it comes to yelling out things? I went to the Toronto show last night, and was really annoyed at the number of people who seemed to think Dan was having a conversation with us that needed things yelled back at him, ESPECIALLY at the end of show. Maybe I'm just a grump, but some of the things (even the times it was something nice!) took away from the show and felt like they were starting to really annoy Dan by the end.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
Grey
lady door

onceinaugust wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:34 am Speaking of people who love attention, has the audience at everyone' show so far been really disrespectful when it comes to yelling out things? I went to the Toronto show last night, and was really annoyed at the number of people who seemed to think Dan was having a conversation with us that needed things yelled back at him, ESPECIALLY at the end of show. Maybe I'm just a grump, but some of the things (even the times it was something nice!) took away from the show and felt like they were starting to really annoy Dan by the end.
Let’s be grumps together. I was at the Toronto show too and that started to stress me out (it stressed me out in the way it would when I was a kid and had a substitute teacher in school who was struggling to get control of the class and I’d feel stressed on the teacher’s behalf, does that make sense? Lol).

He did invite audience interaction, especially at the beginning though, so maybe he wanted that to happen? I agree, it didn’t add to my experience though. I mean, the parts when he specifically asked for it were fine. Like you said, it was especially at the end that it bothered me.
I'm having a stress.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

onceinaugust wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:34 am
literally_formless wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:10 pm Dan went live on Instagram! With lots of guests from the audience..... they were kind of sweet, but I always feel like these moments shine a light on the difference between people who love attention and us non-entertainers!

Speaking of people who love attention, has the audience at everyone' show so far been really disrespectful when it comes to yelling out things? I went to the Toronto show last night, and was really annoyed at the number of people who seemed to think Dan was having a conversation with us that needed things yelled back at him, ESPECIALLY at the end of show. Maybe I'm just a grump, but some of the things (even the times it was something nice!) took away from the show and felt like they were starting to really annoy Dan by the end.
Oh that's so strange - at the London show I felt like people only really did that when it was clear Dan was inviting it, like directing questions at the audience. I hope that's not going to be a trend for the North American shows.

Louise posted a story sort of clarifying it? But not really. I hope she posts her vlog soon.
Grey
lady door

My thoughts on the show:
I really enjoyed myself at the show last night. The set is cool. I liked that it ended on a pretty hopeful note. I am even tempted to go to another one but I’m not sure if I can swing it.

I was surprised Dan didn’t play piano (the musical number at the start was funny tho). Maybe they realized during the last tour that getting a piano at every venue was too much of a hassle.

I was also surprised that I liked the slideshow of viewer submitted videos at the end. I was expecting to not like that part but it actually really worked I thought. I just wish he had asked for permission ahead of using them. Oh well

Dan made several digs at America, which I would be interested to see if he does while there, or if he changes the jokes to be regional. He mentioned going to No Frills (which is a grocery store in Ontario), as well as Tim Hortons of course, so I guess he modifies those jokes based on the location each time? It makes me wonder about the process of updating the jokes by location. It’s kind of impressive that he can remember these things for different locations while on stage!

He seems to really enjoy being on stage which makes me enjoy it.

On a personal note: I typically avoid loud environments because I don’t enjoy them. I went to interactive introverts because I really wanted to, but one of my main memories of it is how it was way too loud. I was diagnosed with autism this past year which somehow gave me “permission” to buy noise cancelling headphones. And I wore them to the show. It improved the experience so much. It’s actually sort of a highlight because I’ve never been able to enjoy something like this like I did last night! 10/10 recommend for noise sensitive people. (I was seated at the back of the theatre so I don’t think Dan could see me. I hope it didn’t seem rude. I don’t think it actually WAS rude because I could still hear everything really well. But I did worry about seeming rude or disrespectful:/ .)
I'm having a stress.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Grey wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:28 pm My thoughts on the show:
I really enjoyed myself at the show last night. The set is cool. I liked that it ended on a pretty hopeful note. I am even tempted to go to another one but I’m not sure if I can swing it.

I was surprised Dan didn’t play piano (the musical number at the start was funny tho). Maybe they realized during the last tour that getting a piano at every venue was too much of a hassle.

I was also surprised that I liked the slideshow of viewer submitted videos at the end. I was expecting to not like that part but it actually really worked I thought. I just wish he had asked for permission ahead of using them. Oh well

Dan made several digs at America, which I would be interested to see if he does while there, or if he changes the jokes to be regional. He mentioned going to No Frills (which is a grocery store in Ontario), as well as Tim Hortons of course, so I guess he modifies those jokes based on the location each time? It makes me wonder about the process of updating the jokes by location. It’s kind of impressive that he can remember these things for different locations while on stage!

He seems to really enjoy being on stage which makes me enjoy it.

On a personal note: I typically avoid loud environments because I don’t enjoy them. I went to interactive introverts because I really wanted to, but one of my main memories of it is how it was way too loud. I was diagnosed with autism this past year which somehow gave me “permission” to buy noise cancelling headphones. And I wore them to the show. It improved the experience so much. It’s actually sort of a highlight because I’ve never been able to enjoy something like this like I did last night! 10/10 recommend for noise sensitive people. (I was seated at the back of the theatre so I don’t think Dan could see me. I hope it didn’t seem rude. I don’t think it actually WAS rude because I could still hear everything really well. But I did worry about seeming rude or disrespectful:/ .)
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!! I'm really enjoying reading how people respond to the show. I don't want to react to spoilery things outside of the spoiler tag but I will say I definitely agree that he really enjoys being on stage, and that added to my personal enjoyment of the show too.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

BEWARE THIS IS A GRUMPY POST

I've seen several people being mad at dan because of the Poutine he had last night, because it's not vegan.

Dan never said he was fully vegan, like an ACTUAL VEGAN, he always says he tries to be as vegan as possible.

It's better to have 10 people trying to be as vegan as possible than 5 people being full vegans.

Also please can we just stop commenting on people eating habits ?
:gayaf:
Grey
lady door

Ataraxia25 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:56 pm BEWARE THIS IS A GRUMPY POST

I've seen several people being mad at dan because of the Poutine he had last night, because it's not vegan.

Dan never said he was fully vegan, like an ACTUAL VEGAN, he always says he tries to be as vegan as possible.

It's better to have 10 people trying to be as vegan as possible than 5 people being full vegans.

Also please can we just stop commenting on people eating habits ?
Show spoiler:
Maybe the people mad about the non-vegan food choices need to watch his show lol. I feel like he addresses that sort of thing quite a bit in the show. Going through a cycle of (1) feeling a degree of perfectionism about making good ethical choices, (2) giving up because it’s too overwhelming and an individual person can’t fix it anyway, (3) coming to the conclusion that people should do the best they can even if it’s not the 100% perfect, fix-everything response.
He also just ate timbits on a live. Those aren’t vegan. But they’re also, like poutine, a regional snack that if you’re doing a tour where you’re going to talk about some regional things to connect with the audience, it makes sense for you to eat.

Also are we even 100% sure he didn’t get a vegan version of “poutine”? The place he went to has vegan options… and what he got doesn’t look like normal poutine to me. It’s extra weird to get mad about it unless they are certain it’s not vegan (and maybe people are certain, idk, I’m not a poutine expert).
I'm having a stress.
nicky1388
spork

is there anywhere to see a list of merch and the prices. my show is in 13 days (OMG) and i want to have an idea of what i am going to buy and not decide when i get there because then i will buy all the things. lol
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

I can't share links from mobile but someone needs to add Dan looking absolutely gorgeous in yellow makeup and nails 😍😍
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

taking a break from the black to say #helloyellow - when you open up is when the sun starts to shine through 🌤

@youngmindsuk #worldmentalhealthday

(and, of course, YoungMinds also posted his pics, calling him an ambassador and close friend!)
kavat
pastel persona

He looks SO good in yellow! And seeing him trying some fun eyeshadow makes me very happy <3
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

kavat wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:31 am He looks SO good in yellow! And seeing him trying some fun eyeshadow makes me very happy <3
Yesss that eyeshadow is BEAUT. Would like to see more eye looks on him tbh..
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Phil is literally the worst videographer in the Thursday part of Louise's outfit catalog and it's quite hilarious
kavat
pastel persona

Dan is supportive of the arts
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

omg phil
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The superstar that is Phil Lester is edging us once again. Since Dan doesn't have a show today it'd be the most logical time to post a video.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona

No Phil video yet but Louise graced us with a vlog <3
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Nothing but love for Louise and our chaotic king Phil Lester in that vlog. They really are an iconic trio lol.
kavat
pastel persona

It's always such beautiful chaos when they're together. I find especially Dan and Louise together so fascinating, because they are both very much Internet Millennials but in very separate ways. They both spend a lot of time online but their bubbles are so different. Dan is a depressed twitter gay and Louise is a glitzy instagram mum. They have a lot in common, including a lot of memories and experiences, but since they live such different lives, their references sometimes fly over the other person's head and don't really click.

I don't really have a point here, I just find it fascinating that they still hang out when they so easily could have grown apart at this point.

Oh, and Phil looked radiant in that vlog :stan:
Levitating
#relatable

I loved that three-way interaction! Both are very comfortable with her and it's a refreshing spin on DnP-only content.
More on them three together please!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I said this before when Phil was a guest on Louise's livestream earlier this year, but in the past I found Louise's dynamic with Phil somewhat awkward compared to her and Dan. That's not the case at all anymore, I loved their interactions and Phil really was the star of this vlog. There was so much good stuff in there. Him forgetting his age like he forgot Dan's in that Rize liveshow, him saying things like 'dark and dirty' and whatever it was that he said to Jack Howard. Biggest laugh came from Louise asking Capita£ester whether he was getting paid and him shaking his head, then Dan off camera pointedly saying that he gets paid in pizza. Sure, pizza... 👀

10/10 vlog, Phil hanging around on Dan's set being a ~producer is very sexy of him and I'm thankful to Louise for filming it.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Ok so no video yet but it seems like Phil's social media hiatus is over.

amazingphil looking like a gay lumberjack as i went to see some art in a park
Artsy stories under the cut:
And Dan commented almost immediately like the stalker fanboy he is:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona

That first picture of him is SO good. He looks great in that jacket and his relaxed smile.