Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I have so many thoughts and feelings and opinions on that video and I just kind of feeling like I'm drowning in them.

This is the most proud they've ever visibly been of their relationship. It's an entire video about how clingy they are and how they'll cope without each other. How far we've come from the days when Dan tried to explain away that they talked on the phone when one of them was away as a business thing, or how they only ate together because it was a waste to cook for one person.

I love that they just aren't shying away from anything. How many years they've been together, the obvious relationship connotations that come with all of their wording, the fond teasing of each other is so much, correcting each other's stories. I also feel like we really learned something about them in this? Like Phil making sure Dan is heard when they're out with people? And Dan being genuinely concerned for Phil hurting himself while Dan is away? I mean they're things we could have assumed but it just hits different (to bring that phrase back) coming out of their own mouths.

I genuinely do not care that this wasn't the outfits video. This was, dare I say, better.
vincentian
hobbit hair

I watched the video at 2 a.m. yesterday and honestly it pushed me to rewatch some cheesy phan videos while I was at it. Their chemistry never gets old <3
I agree, hearing them admit even small things feels surreal, but not unexpected. One step at a time.
2022 was always a year of phan wedding in phanverse, but I think where things are in real life is way better than we could have imagined.
brq
phillion/danosaur <//3

That video was so domestic I now miss my partner 😭
:prideheart2:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I can't get the tumblr post to embed, but Dan is doing an Answer Time on 10/26. You can submit questions via the ask box on his tumblr!
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

Levitating
#relatable

is this his first time doing an official tumblr ask?
victorycafe
squish

Ok I had to log in for the first time in years (and magically somehow remembered my password) just because of how sweet that video was. Phil talking about making sure Dan is heard when they’re out together reminded me of the time Dan made sure Phil was heard when they were on that panel together. The fact they both do that for each other and are probably better at making sure the other one is heard than they are at doing it for themselves omgggg it made me melt. And it was just so nice to see so many comments (like the “13 years and still keeping it fresh”) that in the past would have been followed up with a joke or a weird look, but now get to just stand on their own and be genuine.
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

Just here to chime in with everyone's flailing about how wonderful that video was because IT FUCKING WAS. Definitely the kind of content I like the most from them. I don't expect this sort of vid often and wouldn't exactly want it to be a regular thing because I respect their need for some distancing but...damn, this is Them. Why I adore them so much. Why they captivate an audience - authentically, masterfully.

Also my fave part was Dan being like LOOK AT HOW THIS MAD LAD GOES DOWN THE STAIRS and proceeds to show Phil coming down the stairs so normally. His This Guy mode is always on and I am so here for it.

Also also, I just...adore their place. Astounded they still don't have a bath though. COME ON GUYS. Though I guess the rooftop pool has placated them until now..!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I still don't even know what to say about that video? God knows that when saw those USA tour dates we were all thinking about how they haven't been apart for that long since Dan moved to Manchester (but shh let them think they haven't been apart since 2009 it's cute and 4 hour skype calls count!). Sure as hell didn't think they'd acknowledge it, and definitely not that they'd make a video essentially all about all their favorite annoying domestic little habits and how much they're going to miss them and each other. If Phil's silent presence and presence over these last two months and especially during the London show was loud, this video was blaring, deafening and earsplitting. And every single moment of it felt genuine and real, not just towards each other but also to us.

:rainbowtears:
Levitating wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:52 am is this his first time doing an official tumblr ask?
First time solo, but he did one with Phil in December 2018!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
literally_formless
butt chair

This is actually quite fun.

What if instead of the Buzzfeed videos where a celebrity reads thirst tweets about them, Dan did a video where he read his own thirst tweets?
kavat
pastel persona

Man, when did he have time to do promo before leaving for america?

Not only is it cute that he took the train, it's also very cute that he always tries to go home for the night rather than stay in a hotel. He'd rather lose some sleep but be in his own bed (with his own man).
nicky1388
spork

oh my God I meet Dan in 3 hours I'm going to cry I don't know what to do right now.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I held off watching it because sometimes those 'reacting to tweets' things are awful but this one was genuinely funny? I think they really caught the vibe of phandom and our collective humor with the ones they chose.
kavat
pastel persona

Sooo is Dan not gonna acknowledge the fact that they added a show in Amsterdam? A lot of people were bummed about the first show being sold out, since it was the only europe show on a saturday making it easier to travel for. He could at least tweet about it?
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

kavat wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:12 pm Sooo is Dan not gonna acknowledge the fact that they added a show in Amsterdam?
It's possible he just doesn't really know much of what's going on, he's working with bookers. Isn't it quite far off? He's in the US right now.
kavat
pastel persona

plinthofmylife wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:03 am
kavat wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:12 pm Sooo is Dan not gonna acknowledge the fact that they added a show in Amsterdam?
It's possible he just doesn't really know much of what's going on, he's working with bookers. Isn't it quite far off? He's in the US right now.
It's in February so pretty far off, but the first show has been sold out for a long time. The new show was announced a week ago and tickets went on general sale Friday, so I'm just surprised he hasn't mentioned it or at least retweeted the info.
starsandshards
living flop

alienfreakbingo wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:49 pmAlso also, I just...adore their place. Astounded they still don't have a bath though. COME ON GUYS. Though I guess the rooftop pool has placated them until now..!
I NEED TO SEE THIS POOL FOR REASONS. :lol:
forevrz
first-time poster

hi this is very random but i noticed that all of the ApartmentRed videos were privated a little while back :( does anyone happen to have any archives? specifically "apartment...phil" and "stephen and phil in manchester"
:prideheart2:
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

starsandshards wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:41 am
alienfreakbingo wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:49 pmAlso also, I just...adore their place. Astounded they still don't have a bath though. COME ON GUYS. Though I guess the rooftop pool has placated them until now..!
I NEED TO SEE THIS POOL FOR REASONS. :lol:
*manifesting more #poolcontent from Bryony when the weather is suitable again*
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

*eric carmen - all by myself playing in the distance*

btw he definitely texted a picture of this to Phil with some lie about how he definitely doesn't miss him.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
000dia000
emo goose

this video is the most millennial'd he's ever millennial'd

EDIT:
Wait it's not even linked here yet

:cactus:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Dan has confirmed he lives with Phil, again, in a video. I guess another nail in the coffin for the susan secret wife truthers.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

000dia000 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:25 pm this video is the most millennial'd he's ever millennial'd
I would also like to note that he is definitely not a zillenial - he's at least 2 years too old for the oldest of the zillenials. I feel like this is important for me to note as someone the same age as Phil who doesn't like the idea Dan is not my peer in generation.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I knew that video was gonna end with him getting a TikTok account anyway before I even clicked it :roll:

This felt much more like a classic DINOF video than previous ones, I liked it.

I'd still rather use Twitter, Instagram, or god forbid Tumblr as a filter for clock app content than sign up to the beast itself. And even when Insta tries to pull me into a black hole of endless reels these days I get quickly annoyed at idk... the entire concept of short form content as it exists I guess, so there's no point. I've never had a Facebook either, so I think I'll survive without TikTok too.

And as someone two years younger than Dan, anyone unironically using the term 'zillennial' makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

plinthofmylife wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:55 pm
000dia000 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:25 pm this video is the most millennial'd he's ever millennial'd
I would also like to note that he is definitely not a zillenial - he's at least 2 years too old for the oldest of the zillenials. I feel like this is important for me to note as someone the same age as Phil who doesn't like the idea Dan is not my peer in generation.
Agreed. I'm two months younger than Dan, and I fully embrace that I'm a millennial. I'm also in the group that has refused to download TikTok... I don't need an app to forcefeed me videos according to the algorithm, I'll just scroll my Tumblr dash for 45 seconds, close the app, and open it right back up again, and that's the way I like it. Am I out of touch with the most recent memes? Definitely. But I think anything worth seeing on TikTok will escape containment and I'll see it somewhere else. TikTok is my line in the sand.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"