Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

My apologies if this is the wrong thread for this, but do all of Dan's US shows start at the same time? My ticket for tomorrow says "doors open at 6:30, show starts at 6:30" which seems...unlikely lol.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

LAshleigh wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:07 pm My apologies if this is the wrong thread for this, but do all of Dan's US shows start at the same time? My ticket for tomorrow says "doors open at 6:30, show starts at 6:30" which seems...unlikely lol.
I just checked DanielHowell.com and it says the Detroit show on 11/4 starts at 7:30 if that’s your show.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

another one for the Dan And Phil Get A Cat agenda
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Levitating
#relatable

on the AI:
I do not know how it works but I imagine it collects data from the account archive, so I'm loving our - well, of course - integrates 'Dan' but also the plural (we, ours)! A testament of how close their presence is on Twitter (although I do wonder whether Dan's AI would do the same? I feel like he's started to incorporate lots of Phil mentions only from the Covid-era and onwards (while they were more sporadic/strategic before)

on the nun:
while I support him breaking gender boundaries as he used to do in this fetus era, I do not know what to think of his choice of a Christian figure as a costume. If the rhetoric of 'if you actually asks them, they're not bothered' could be applied to lots of cultural-appropriated figures, I do not think the majority of nuns would be happy with this sexualisation of their symbols of faith.
I am not myself religious and I know lots of Catholics/Christian who would simply laugh at this (and a particular nun who do so too), but still feels a delicate territory and I did not expect this from him.
On one side, it's nice to think that he's simply got rid of all the excessive limitations that he impose on himself aware as he is of all the easy ways one can be cancelled on the internet, but... on the other hand, is he aware this could be potentially be problematic or does he regards Christianity at the same level of "Tories" (meaning as "legitimate targets")?
I'd prefer for him to be unbothered rather than judgemental (against Christians - or any religion!)

on the video with his grandma:
After reading you, I feel like I'm alone in this but to me, it looked a bit forced and... perhaps unkind/ageist. Ageism is something Dan has been accused of in this very forum (a point of view that educated me on the matter!) so that's why I am more sensible to the matter.
I hope/I'm sure his grandma was completely on board or at least was briefed/reached for consent after the recording and once the video was edited, but the joke relies very much on the detachment and cluelessness (?) of the grandma and that to me feels a bit cheap. It made me think of this: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... er-consent
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Fuck that. Nuns aren't pure sweet women who are celibate and make booze.

Nuns were and are complicit (and often perpetrators) in the systematic abuse within the catholic church, and the institutions like schools and hospitals they hold power over. My mother (who definitely still carries religious trauma she doesn't recognize) can tell you whole stories about the cruelty of the school nuns, from students receiving harsh punishments over minor things like not knowing an answer to excusing sexual harassment by the friars. In hospitals they were just as cruel to patients, especially those chronically disabled, accusing them of being lazy and exaggerating their pain. They would punish unwed mothers by taking their babies away from them, selling them to 'good christian families' because a 'spoiled' woman could never raise a child. If she objected she would be abused even further. And honestly that shit still happens, except now it's rich white christians adopting 'orphans' from the global south. And it will happen again in the west if anti-abortion legislation isn't stopped btw.

They can burn in the hell they so believe in, and deserve all the disrespect. Dan has talked about religious trauma before, so if picking a slutty nun costume was a intentional step in dealing with that I'm more than okay with it.

(tbh this post in mostly an indirect reply to some religious fuck on Tumblr claiming this was misogyny and 'anti-woman' because i don't mind people bringing it up or asking questions, but I very much do mind that kind of hypocritical bullshit)
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Anyway.

The chaotic besties made a video together on PJ's channel!

And Dan appeared on this channel a few days ago but nobody noticed until today, which doesn't at all make me paranoid about what else could be out there. :ninja:

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
literally_formless
butt chair

Am I just extra weird or is it not really .... earned(?) that PJ and Phil are saying those pictures are cursed, etc? A very sweet video but honestly not that weird.
kavat
pastel persona

Loved the PJ video! There's something so special about seeing them hang out and have fun. Phil body tackle hugging PJ was very sweet. But I agree that the results were not as cursed as they could have been, even if it was a lot of sausage talk
kavat
pastel persona

The review from John Green is in:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Can we do a prayer/vibes circle for Phil having filmed something with PJ for his own channel? Imagine if we somehow got like... THREE amazingphil videos within six weeks. Like, what in the 2016 upload schedule.

It's probably a pipe dream. But I will still dream it.

I'm also just... very fucking happy for Dan. I'm gonna start remembering to share some of the best moments I see on twitter here again, I've been personally drowning in a new fandom (dream and george? anyone?) so while I'm still consuming as much Dan and Phil and loving them IMMENSELY my attention is definitely divided.

But him talking about wearing the skirt awakening something in him? Wearing makeup and getting his nails done? The growth arc here is stunning and while my phannie heart wants Dan and Phil together I feel like no one can argue how good this distance is for Dan.

Phil on the other hand... I hope Sophie and PJ are enjoying time with her new adopted third partner.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:20 pm No spoilers but I'm working on the transcript now and this is such a dense show. I could really fly through the II transcriptions when I did them because it was a lot of banter, but Dan's show... it's THICC. I'm at 15 pages on this word document and I'm still just shy of the intermission. For anyone that either ways to be totally spoiled or won't be able to catch the show and just wants to know how it goes, it'll be in the transcriptions section when I'm done. I'm thinking I'll post it in two parts, which means the show transcript up until intermission should definitely be up today.

But yeah - the density. He just says... so many words. And shockingly, so far, I kinda love them all.

edit: transcript for the first half of the show is up!
Thank you all for this. Is the 2nd half transcript available yet? I went to the Indy show and my companion and I had some issues catching all of Dan’s words.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

That nord vpn spon section was hands down my favourite thing dan's done in ages. IDK why it tickled me so much but I think I actually have tears from laughing so much :rofl:
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

fruitcriminals wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:31 pm That nord vpn spon section was hands down my favourite thing dan's done in ages. IDK why it tickled me so much but I think I actually have tears from laughing so much :rofl:
You're absolutely right, that part was so funny. The whole video was a lot better than any TikTok react video has a right to be. After seeing his show I've been very fond about Dan though, maybe that has something to do with it.

As for Phil, I've been glad to see him hanging with friends and posting occasional content. I suspect he's using this quiet time to work on a bigger, maybe even non-youtube project, but if not I won't be disappointed. He carried the Phandom for so long while Dan was the one behind-the-scenes, he can do what he wants right now.

(Also I have seen a lot of the third-partner-to-PJ-and-Sophie-jokes, am I missing something? I thought he was just there for a few days, which seems pretty normal to me?)
kavat
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:04 pm
But him talking about wearing the skirt awakening something in him? Wearing makeup and getting his nails done? The growth arc here is stunning and while my phannie heart wants Dan and Phil together I feel like no one can argue how good this distance is for Dan.
This is so true. You can see that he's thriving on tour, he's making friends, going out and making memories that he hasn't been able to before. Not because I think Phil has been holding him back in any way, but because he just hasn't had the chance to be Dan on his own since... 2009 basically.

People were devastated when they started killing the joint branding, but I think it's clear now that this is a good and necessary development for the both of them on both a personal and professional level.

I can't wait for the 3 hour video essay from Dan when tour is over, discussing the importance of expressing yourself authentically.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Oh it awakened something alright.
I'm ngl though, this reminded me so much of the creepy old nakedbooths it instantly killed any chance of me finding this sexy. I seem the be the only one though, so good for him.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Yawn
smol bean

Kinda shocked that he would post that but work I guess, he's got nice arms
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Catallena wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:41 pm I seem the be the only one though, so good for him.
No, I'll second that haha. I wasn't in the Phandom back in the nakedbooth days, but I still felt transported back there.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

It definitely sent me back to the naked booth too however not in a bad way, I’m glad this Dan is out there enjoying himself and being true to himself. I feel so proud of him being able to live this life now!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
kavat
pastel persona

His picture had of course caused a ruckus over on twitter, first people being horny for him (good for them) and then the at this point inevitable backlash against that.
But he confirmed that he took it after his night out, when he was feeling himself (pun intended). To me that says that he didn't take it for us, he didn't take it as a joke to post in Twitter, he took it because he had a great night and felt hot (and maybe to send to a certain person). To call him hot is not a bad thing, it's what he wants.

Idk, so many on twitter are so quick to infantilize him and say it's creepy to call him sexy, when he's made it clear that he likes to post some sexy pictures sometimes to attract some attention. Hell, he has done that since 2009 for Christ's sake.
Levitating
#relatable

Is there a playlist of pre-show cuts? I like him most when he's unscripted, personally.
So thank you so much Kavat for sharing this <3

I am so looking forward to the video with Louise!

As per the photo, I love that he was feeling himself. So proud! And I also agree with everyone saying that this separation was the best thing for them individually.
I feel like Phil is more of less settled - he's an introvert, family man, and has lived a whole university experience on its own. Uni is not 'life' but still the best time to go crazy on anything - and have relationships!

Dan, on the other side, was closeted and one thing he was struggling with was whether to go back to uni so this feels the best solution. Having a separate/own life is always healthy, in a couple. Who knows where this will lead but it's powerful!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil was one of the verified public figures to get an 'Official' checkmark for the two hours that those existed on the sinking ship that is Twitter rn.
Dan was not.
Dan then confirmed what we knew all along. Phil is God.

The world is Phil's imagination, and we're just living in it.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Phil and PJ need to stream together pronto. I love this video.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Ok, so the video in PJ's video was a bit tame. This one is definitely not.

So Dan is dressing up as a slutty nun and taking nudes, meanwhile Phil posts two videos of pure degeneracy in row.
Their time apart sure is turning out to be something special huh?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

Catallena wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:29 pm

Ok, so the video in PJ's video was a bit tame. This one is definitely not.

So Dan is dressing up as a slutty nun and taking nudes, meanwhile Phil posts two videos of pure degeneracy in row.
Their time apart sure is turning out to be something special huh?
Sure is...tell us more about that massage eh, Phil :shock:
obvsly
#relatable

Loved the new video so much! Loved the fact that PJ's video feels like a PJ video and Phil's is so very phil lol

The admission that he's going crazy without dan at home and all their friends know it too is so lovely. I'd actually love a Phil And PJ Text Each Other video one day; so sneaky of them to tease us about that one text then said it's not safe for youtube. Come on, man! And that one about LessAmazingPhil, the audacity! Bring back this child and let him shine immediately!

(Also yes please, more about the massage..)