Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

His love for Brockhampton is so special to me. I might use my pre-show question next year to ask what his fave BH album is because it's very important information to me
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil is (or probably was) on a plane! While I already hear the phannie circus music playing in the distance, it's more likely he's visiting his parents on the Isle of Man. The plaid border on the flight safety info card matches the house style of an airline that flies there, plus the plane icon looks like a small plane rather than the kind of jet that would fly transatlantic.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona

Payton who runs Hank & John's tiktoks seems to have hung out with Dan backstage, and he follows her on twitter. Seems likely she help run his tiktok too now?
starsandshards
living flop

Ooh, let's hope so. That could be an interesting turn! Also, ugh he's cute, how is that allowed.
obvsly
#relatable

Just saw this on twitter and I’m like PLEASE PHIL 🙏🙏🙏 I don’t want to get my hopes up and I don’t think he would do it with dan anyway but more phil and phriends would be great too???
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Ok so I didn't think the puppy title from the last video was clickbait, but this one did almost send me straight into cardiac arrest ngl.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
hellboyhowell
tol bean
Pronouns: he/him

Catallena wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:05 pm
Ok so I didn't think the puppy title from the last video was clickbait, but this one did almost send me straight into cardiac arrest ngl.
i knew it was clickbait as soon as i saw this title but it still nearly made me shit myself like sir you cant just do that!?!?!?
Levitating
#relatable

I fell for it and I loved it.

Although the first reaction after his 'reveal' was to think What a Bitch :rofl:

I liked where he was going with this one, a critical analysis of the digital society, and I feel that he might have looked into doing exactly that in all his previous videos: making a video essays. Except... he's totally missing one part: the evidence, the meat. The depth.

So many youtube channels I've seen do extremely interesting essay on a variety of random topics and they do it fantastically. Dan is so special in his knowledge - he could go so in depth about digital society and at the same time make it enjoyable with his humour! I hope he gets to move there.

These ones feel like an attempt of a video essay, with all the initial nice thoughts and great humour, but without depth. I hope someone gives him tips on how to build one because I would enjoy listening to his thoughts and analysis on anything he wants!
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

The audacity, I love this clickbait era for him.
kavat
pastel persona

Oh he's really enjoying himself with these titles. But this was the ultimate one, no? Where can he go from here?

The video itself was actually quite interesting. He has talked about parasocial relationships before here and there but I enjoyed this take on it. It really feels like he is in a much better place with us than he was just a couple of years ago.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Speaking of the titles... the original tweets got deleted so I'm embedding some screenshots but this really made waves last night outside of the fandom bubble. It's such a tasteless opinion, but it's also interesting to me how a lot of the replies are people saying Dan (and Phil) were forced out of the closet/outed. I think it's not as cut and dried as that since Dan (as he acknowledges) came out as not straight on the internet early on, but I also always think of Dan and Phil as people that waited until THEY were absolutely ready before they came out.

The person that made the tweet seems to be a youtube themselves, albeit with a small following. A lot of the people responding to them on twitter seemed to be fans of theirs expressing disappointment with the comparison.
obvsly
#relatable

I love that dan was trending again for this :D and yeah, it’s lovely to see people pushed back hard against the person, and with legitimate reasons, especially those outside of the usual fandom circle.

Dan liked this comment on YouTube:
miss colour collider:
he’s reclaiming the years of speculation and intrusion from y’all and I’m living for it
It’s actually making me so happy. He should do what feels right for him. I’m glad he feels free enough to do it now.
000dia000
emo goose

nearly had a heart attack at that video title, dan knew what he was doing

I genuinely thought: aren't they on different continents? do they miss each other so much they decided to open up that they are in a relationship?

so, yeah. dan made a point with his video and I fell for it
:cactus:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I don't like it that Dan still hasn't promoted the new Europe dates! What if they end up not happening ? Not sure what to think about it
:gayaf:
kavat
pastel persona

Some cute and some cursed photos. That's our dan.

Yeah I also wonder why he hasn't announced the dates, or even updated the website. It's been like a month?? From his live it sounded like he was waiting for more dates to be confirmed, but I don't think it would hurt to announce them in batches.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Their merch stores are having a Black Friday sale.
Which reminds me, what is going on with IRL Merch these days? Phil hasn't released any merch this year and Dan just his tour merch. Weird.
Ataraxia25 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:16 am I don't like it that Dan still hasn't promoted the new Europe dates! What if they end up not happening ? Not sure what to think about it
This is why I'm not trying to sell my evening show ticket quite yet. Just to err on the side of caution.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
hellboyhowell
tol bean
Pronouns: he/him

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:59 pm Speaking of the titles... the original tweets got deleted so I'm embedding some screenshots but this really made waves last night outside of the fandom bubble. It's such a tasteless opinion, but it's also interesting to me how a lot of the replies are people saying Dan (and Phil) were forced out of the closet/outed. I think it's not as cut and dried as that since Dan (as he acknowledges) came out as not straight on the internet early on, but I also always think of Dan and Phil as people that waited until THEY were absolutely ready before they came out.

The person that made the tweet seems to be a youtube themselves, albeit with a small following. A lot of the people responding to them on twitter seemed to be fans of theirs expressing disappointment with the comparison.
oh boy okay so ive actually been following brennen beckwith for a while and i do think he's made some good content discussing queer issues especially in the realm of debunking transphobia and transmedicalism, but i think this take is so busted not just because you would think as a fellow queer content creator whose privacy had been violated in the past (if you dont know brennen was essentially ran off the internet for a long time by anti-sjw types before recently coming back and talking about the abuse they faced online) he would have some empathy for dan not disclosing his relationship and even being at the point of feeling okay with joking about it, but also the thing is brennen is definitely not fully outside of the fandom bubble and he used to run a youtuber shipping blog lol.

and i hope none of this comes off as spilling tea (i mean i guess it is whatever) but brennen has publicly talked about having ran a tyler oakley focused tumblr and reblogged posts about troyler (tyler x troye sivan) as well as phan. so im just saying it feels a little thick to have an opinion like that and try to have it come across as "dan is queerbaiting during a crisis" when you very publicly used to ship phan. IDK thats just my take i dont wanna come off as "cancelling" anyone its more just frustration about the irony of it all i guess
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan is getting festive early this year.
brb I have to watch Festive Day In The Life now.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I can hear both depending on what I'm specifically listening for. It's very trippy.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
literally_formless
butt chair

Extra weirdly, I hear only "oh barbie" on my computer but I can hear either one on my phone depending on which I'm listening for.

There is no objective reality!! 🤪
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

New members post!! They're hosting Christmas!!
AmazingPhil wrote:Hello Cactus chums

I’m surprised no one is talking about the phenomenon of November lasting exactly 2 days but here we are on December eve eve!

Mildly festive things I have done so far:
- Thought about getting a tree from a man in a kilt
- Been tempted by a mince pie but decided it is too soon
- Seen some snow on instagram
- Walked past a drunk man wearing a santa hat

I’m actually hosting my family for xmas in London for the first time ever so I’m equally excited and also nervous for the fire hazard I am going to inevitably create when I try to cook. I guess they are tired of hosting xmas for 30+ years and want a break! Fair enough tbh. Also saw this iconic photo on their wall of me about to destroy an entire beach town when I went to see them. RIP to all residents.

I thought I’d get loads of stuff done this last week but then Pokemon arrived and slapped me around the face. I have no self control when it comes to collecting tiny digital animals and making them fight to the death. Obviously chose gay icon Quaxxly and daddy professor violet, but I’m a bit disappointed with how glitchy it is in general! Hopefully they patch it or something but at one point my pokemon just sank through a bridge and wouldn’t get out of the floor. It was distressing. I’m addicted though so I’m now only allowing myself to play until 1am or I literally won’t sleep.

In video news I should have a couple for you in December! Also anything you want to see on my channel next year? Did I miss a trend? Let me know now or forever hold your geese.

In festive shopping news you might have seen there’s a black friday sale over on AmazingPhil shop! 20% off everything on both US and global stores with code COZY. http://www.amazingphilshop.com if you wanna grab anything!

Movie recommendation of the week - CRAWL (strong 4 stars) I don’t know if it’s because I’m an honorary Floridian who frequents gatorland but I loved this! It’s about being trapped in a hurricane while trying to escape an angry alligator in a rapidly flooding house! Very entertaining and horrifying.

Sending you several vibes

Philippee
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Dodie on DD!!! Someone please give me a review because I don't have time to watch tonight :(
shan
morning quiff

Dystopia Daily with Dodie was delightful! I really love the guest segments and it’s so fun watching him have people on that we don’t usually see him interact with. I can’t wait for Louise’s video when that finally comes out! Also, from his replies on twitter, it looks like VPMO was probably filmed on the DD set. I have to admit that’s lowered my excitement a bit but hopefully it’s still fun.

Phil usually uses a lot of we’s in his posts so the “I’m” hosting Christmas makes me think maybe they’re continuing with separate Christmases, even though this year it’s literally at the phouse? I’m probably reading too much into it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Dan’s still spending it in Reading. If he does, I hope we still get some pre-Christmas photos of them doing touristy things around London with the Lesters!!
starsandshards
living flop

I've never really watched/been aware of anything Dodie, so this was fun for me. She's cute!! I liked them together, the part where they collapsed into giggles at the sound effects on the keyboard was very funny, and yes, brought back many memories of music lessons back in the day for me, too. "Orchestra hit" was one of my faves on that keyboard, I think. Just the sound that's like a full on smash of violins.
Levitating
#relatable

I do not know, guys :( Maybe I am losing my sense of Dan-Humour but I am not the biggest fan of this so-explicitly fake persona he puts on.

And perhaps because of this I was more perceptive of how "egocentric" he was. I mean, this is not a 'talk show' but it felt wrong for him to keep treading the conversation about himself rather than on Dodie, who had genuinely something to promote and deserves all the praise - or at least the time and consideration for her music to be talked about.

Also... I suspect she should be paid for a contribution to the 'theme'. Do you think she has been? I mean, simply to use her creativity as an artist in that context seems to need some sort of compensation

Happy for Phil's update!